NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Birmingham primary school suspends LGBT lessons indefinitely

4 posters

Go down

Birmingham primary school suspends LGBT lessons indefinitely Empty Birmingham primary school suspends LGBT lessons indefinitely

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:35 am

Parkfield says studies will not resume until resolution with protesting parents is reached

A Birmingham primary school that taught pupils about LGBT rights as part of a programme to challenge homophobia has suspended the lessons indefinitely until a resolution is reached with protesting parents.

Parkfield community school in Saltley has been the scene of weekly protests over the lessons, which parents claim are promoting gay and transgender lifestyles.

School chiefs have now said the No Outsiders lessons, which teach tolerance of diverse groups, including those of different races, genders and sexual orientation, will not be taught “until a resolution has been reached”.

Previously Parkfield said they would continue as normal after the Easter holidays.

This month about 600 Muslim children, aged between four and 11, were withdrawn from the school for the day, parents said. Parkfield would not confirm the number.

It was cleared on Tuesday of any wrongdoing by Ofsted, with the schools watchdog praising Parkfield’s record on promoting “tolerance, acceptance and mutual respect” and confirming its Ofsted rating of “outstanding”.

On the same day talks took place between parents, education chiefs and the Excelsior Multi Academy Trust, which runs Parkfield, leading to the announcement that the lessons would be suspended.

In a statement, the school said: “Nothing is more important than ensuring our children’s education continues uninterrupted.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2019/mar/14/birmingham-primary-school-suspends-lgbt-lessons-indefinitely-parkfield-protest-parents

Utterly shameful that this has happenned. This is the day that hateful homopobic religious bullshit trumped the rights of homosexuals

Back to top Go down

Birmingham primary school suspends LGBT lessons indefinitely Empty Re: Birmingham primary school suspends LGBT lessons indefinitely

Post by Eilzel Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:25 am

Of course there will be morons who praise this decision as giving power to parents.

What it actually is is pandering to backward views that should have died in the 80s. This is regression, pure and simple.

Presumably the idiots who did this would scream from the rooftops if people raised concerns their children were being taught about different faiths.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Birmingham primary school suspends LGBT lessons indefinitely Empty Re: Birmingham primary school suspends LGBT lessons indefinitely

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:33 am

Eilzel wrote:Of course there will be morons who praise this decision as giving power to parents.

What it actually is is pandering to backward views that should have died in the 80s. This is regression, pure and simple.

Presumably the idiots who did this would scream from the rooftops if people raised concerns their children were being taught about different faiths.

It seems like these protesting parents are utter liars and are using intimidation. As its clear parents have been informed. Where it seems some do not even have kids that attend the school.

Daily Mail wrote: Branding No Outsiders 'aggressive indoctrination' and toxic, Mr Majid vowed to have it banned not just at Parkfield but 'in every school in the country'.

'Giving a positive spin and telling people it is OK for you to be Muslim and for you to be gay, Mr Moffat?' he cried. Shame! Shame! Shame!'

The pupils and parents dutifully echoed his chorus.

In fact, as Mr Majid admitted to me later, he does not have children at Parkfield. He is one of many people, some from as far away as London and Wales, who have taken up this latest cause celebre. Last week, he shared a platform with Dr Lisa Nolland, from Seattle, who described herself as a 'sex historian' representing Anglican Mainstream, a Christian website that pronounces on matters of marriage, sexuality and family life.

Though they daren't say it openly, not all the parents support the campaign. 'I'm not with this at all,' one young mother with two children at the school — who looked very much the modern young British Muslim, with her hijab and fashionable make-up — whispered to me through the railings.

'There are quite a few of us who think Mr Moffat is a brilliant teacher and No Outsiders is an excellent idea, but we are scared to speak out.'

Contradicting claims that parents were not consulted before the lessons were introduced, she said she had attended workshops about them, adding: 'I don't see why it shouldn't be taught here because this affects us all. I know Muslims who are gay.'

As if on cue, she was then rebuked by an older woman who had overheard her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6811197/Primary-pupils-Muslim-parents-left-outraged-gay-assistant-heads-LGBT-lessons.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:06 am

phildidge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Of course there will be morons who praise this decision as giving power to parents.

It seems like these protesting parents are utter liars and are using intimidation. As its clear parents have been informed. Where it seems some do not even have kids that attend the school.

Daily Mail wrote: Branding No Outsiders 'aggressive indoctrination' and toxic, Mr Majid vowed to have it banned not just at Parkfield but 'in every school in the country'.

'Giving a positive spin and telling people it is OK for you to be Muslim and for you to be gay, Mr Moffat?' he cried. Shame! Shame! Shame!'

The pupils and parents dutifully echoed his chorus.

In fact, as Mr Majid admitted to me later, he does not have children at Parkfield. He is one of many people, some from as far away as London and Wales, who have taken up this latest cause celebre. Last week, he shared a platform with Dr Lisa Nolland, from Seattle, who described herself as a 'sex historian' representing Anglican Mainstream, a Christian website that pronounces on matters of marriage, sexuality and family life.

Though they daren't say it openly, not all the parents support the campaign. 'I'm not with this at all,' one young mother with two children at the school — who looked very much the modern young British Muslim, with her hijab and fashionable make-up — whispered to me through the railings.

'There are quite a few of us who think Mr Moffat is a brilliant teacher and No Outsiders is an excellent idea, but we are scared to speak out.'

Contradicting claims that parents were not consulted before the lessons were introduced, she said she had attended workshops about them, adding: 'I don't see why it shouldn't be taught here because this affects us all. I know Muslims who are gay.'

As if on cue, she was then rebuked by an older woman who had overheard her.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6811197/Primary-pupils-Muslim-parents-left-outraged-gay-assistant-heads-LGBT-lessons.html

Sounds like the start of a much greater issue tbh.

That is a direct challenge pitting one ideal (a Muslim fundamentalist one) against another (a western liberal one).

They should know their limits and stop at their Muslim majority school; other areas will NOT tolerate a push for direct intolerance.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:13 am

Birmingham primary school suspends LGBT lessons indefinitely Images13

Don't mind me, I'm. Just here to eat popcorn and watch the left devour themselves.

This is like training the various special victim groups up as gladiators and then letting them fight to the death

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:49 am

smelly-bandit wrote:Birmingham primary school suspends LGBT lessons indefinitely Images13

Don't mind me, I'm. Just here to eat popcorn and watch the left devour themselves.

This is like training the various special victim groups up as gladiators and then letting them fight to the death

No worries. Would be a lot to expect of you to grow up...
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:04 am

Eilzel wrote:

What i cannot grasp is why he thinks religiously conservative Muslims are left wing?

scratch

So this is a clash between the religious regressive right and the progressive secular Liberals

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 am

phildidge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

What i cannot grasp is why he thinks religiously conservative Muslims are left wing?

scratch

So this is a clash between the religious regressive right and the progressive secular Liberals

Because like most extreme RW morons, he thinks the Left love Muslims and Muslims love liberals. An utter nonsense, I know.

It's true some PC minded liberals bend over backwards to cater to nonsense like face coverings and the like, but not all.

He, in truth, an other social conservatives, have a lot more in common with Muslim fundamentalists than they'd ever like to admit, beyond believing in the same sky daddy.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 am

so once again "they" have won...big style

sharia anyone?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:so once again "they" have won...big style

sharia anyone?

No nothing to do with Sharia

Stop being paranoid ffs
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:59 pm

SEXY MAMA wrote:
Victorismyhero wrote:so once again "they" have won...big style

sharia anyone?

Stop being paranoid ffs

Why do you oppose homosexuality??

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:03 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
SEXY MAMA wrote:

Stop being paranoid ffs

Why do you oppose homosexuality??

Haven’t we already gone over this?
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:47 pm

No objection to teaching about Gay's etc, but wait till they are 12 or more !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down