NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free school meals for all primary school children...good or bad idea?

+6
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
Raggamuffin
Tommy Monk
magica
Syl
10 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Free school meals for all primary school children...good or bad idea? Empty Free school meals for all primary school children...good or bad idea?

Post by Syl Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:23 pm

Will it be a vote catcher for Corbyn and the labour party, or is just another last ditch attempt to get labour voters back?

"Anti- poverty campaigners today hailed Labour ’s flagship pledge to fund free primary school meals for all children with a new tax on private school fees.
The Child Poverty Action Group said Labour had made a “compelling” argument to stop kids going hungry and remove the “stigma” of free school meals for the poorest children.
Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn unveiled the £700million policy today and said it would be fully funded by slapping a 20% VAT charge on private school fees .
“This is a welcome move which we have long campaigned for,” said Alison Garnham, head of the Child Poverty Action Group.

Critics pointed out that the poorest kids already qualify for free school meals, and so Mr Corbyn’s plan was actually a hand-out for richer parents whose kids attend state schools"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-strikes-school-winner-10174672

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Free school meals for all primary school children...good or bad idea? Empty Re: Free school meals for all primary school children...good or bad idea?

Post by magica Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Lots of school dinners are free anyway for those on benefits, so why shouldn't those who work get it for their kids too.

Also this is the only meal many kids get. I think it's a great idea, should've been done years ago.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Free school meals for all primary school children...good or bad idea? Empty Re: Free school meals for all primary school children...good or bad idea?

Post by Syl Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:41 pm

magica wrote:Lots of school dinners are free anyway for those on benefits, so why shouldn't those who work get it for their kids too.

Also this is the only meal many kids get. I think it's a great idea, should've been done years ago.

So children who are from poorer families on benefits already get free school dinners Mags....why should the ones who can well afford to pay get them free too?

Someone has to pay, in this case parents who send their kids to private schools....maybe those parents struggle to get a good education for their child by limiting their family and going without.
Is it fair that they should be forced to pay for someone who perhaps breeds like a rabbit and cant be arsed to cook for their brood?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:46 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:Lots of school dinners are free anyway for those on benefits, so why shouldn't those who work get it for their kids too.

So children who are from poorer families on benefits already get free school dinners Mags....why should the ones who can well afford to pay get them free too?

Someone has to pay, in this case parents who send their kids to private schools....maybe those parents struggle to get a good education for their child by limiting their family and going without.
Is it fair that they should be forced to pay for someone who perhaps breeds like a rabbit and cant be arsed to cook for their brood?

It's because thousands on benefits get them free, so workers are paying for them, why should they be penalised and have to pay for theirs too.

Don't know about Private schools, if they can afford private then they pay. I'm talking about state schools.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:10 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

It's because thousands on benefits get them free, so workers are paying for them, why should they be penalised and have to pay for theirs too.

Don't know about Private schools, if they can afford private then they pay. I'm talking about state schools.

No Mags, the fee paying private schools will be paying for the free meals in primary schools.

"Labour Leader Jeremy Corbyn unveiled the £700million policy today and said it would be fully funded by slapping a 20% VAT charge on private school fees ."

Many people do work who are on benefits, if their wage is so low and they need the help to feed their children of course they should get free school meals for their kids.
If people work and earn enough...why should they get it?
People should take responsibility for feeding their own children if they can afford it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:52 pm

I agree Syl but then why should working parents pay for those who have one child after another, as you said, and not pay. It's got to be fair across the board imo.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:48 pm

Parents get enough money handed out to them in benefits and child tax credits etc... they should all be paying some of it towards the feeding of their children every day... including towards school dinners!!!

The tax system is already £6000 a year better off for each child that goes to private paid school place rather than going into state school system...

And parents who have kids at state schools are already costing £6000 a year for each of their children to be there...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:52 am

magica wrote:I agree Syl but then why should working parents pay for those who have one child after another, as you said,  and not pay. It's got to be fair across the board imo.
I don't see how fairness equates to giving it all or giving it none.
Some people need help, some don't. If a family is struggling on a very low income I believe the benefits should include free school meals, which is the system now.

Why should families who have decent incomes be entitled to the same?
It doesn't make sense.
It makes less sense to grab the money off parents who send their kids to private schools, who may or may not have deprived themselves of luxuries in order to give their kids a privileged education.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:00 am

I think all kids, regardless, should have free dinners. Private Schools are different, it's up to them, I'm talking state schools.

Why if someone works but another can't be bothered to work get free meals.over someone working.

Many kids in schools in London are free anyway, many are on Benefits.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:06 am

All should pay towards the kids meals... those on benefits WITH CHILDREN get plenty of extra money FOR THE UPKEEP OF THEIR CHILDREN and should be paying some of it towards the feeding of their children when they are at school!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:14 am

Tommy Monk wrote:All should pay towards the kids meals... those on benefits WITH CHILDREN get plenty of extra money FOR THE UPKEEP OF THEIR CHILDREN and should be paying some of it towards the feeding of their children when they are at school!!!

How come food banks are doubling in Numbers?
The reality is that some people struggle to buy food and pay bills, with or without benefits.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:16 am

magica wrote:I think all kids, regardless, should have free dinners. Private Schools are different, it's up to them, I'm talking state schools.

Why if someone works but another can't be bothered to work get free meals.over someone working.

Mags, do you think it's fair that parents who send their kids to private schools should be the ones paying for the free school dinners that Corbyn has promised for all primary school Kids?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:30 am

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:All should pay towards the kids meals... those on benefits WITH CHILDREN get plenty of extra money FOR THE UPKEEP OF THEIR CHILDREN and should be paying some of it towards the feeding of their children when they are at school!!!

The reality is that some people struggle to buy food and pay bills, with or without benefits.

Some people are spending too much of their money on other things rather than the priority of food and basic bills...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:37 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

Some people are spending too much of their money on other things rather than the priority of food and basic bills...

That's just presumption on your part. I do believe many people are struggling financially, the cost of living far exceeds the wages or benefits some people earn or claim.
Unless you are in that position yourself you may think it's bad management, but I doubt so many people would be referred to food banks if they were not desperate.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:47 am

Food bank is the alternative to 'crisis loan'... which I don't think is available any more...

People get their money... then they get to choose how to spend it...

Some people think food is a priority and make sure they get enough of it to last them... others think food isn't so important... and they prefer to spend their money on other things... knowing that they can then plead poverty and grab a couple of bags of shopping for free from a food bank...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:02 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Food bank is the alternative to 'crisis loan'... which I don't think is available any more...

People get their money... then they get to choose how to spend it...

Some people think food is a priority and make sure they get enough of it to last them... others think food isn't so important... and they prefer to spend their money on other things... knowing that they can then plead poverty and grab a couple of bags of shopping for free from a food bank...!!!

I really think you have to walk in  someones shoes before you can make judgments like this.
No doubt some people don't spend wisely, many others do their best, but you can only stretch a small  budget so far before it runs out.

I can't c&P on tablet, but there are plenty of facts and statistics on line re food banks and the desperation of people who use them .
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:06 am

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:I think all kids, regardless, should have free dinners. Private Schools are different, it's up to them, I'm talking state schools.

Mags, do you think it's fair that parents who send their kids to private schools should be the ones paying for the free school dinners that Corbyn has promised for all primary school Kids?

No I don't at all Syl. That's taking from Peter to pay Paul. All infants now get free meals, so bringing it in for Juniors would be good.

Either everyone pays or workers get it free as well. Whilst people on benefits can't always help that, they're are many who play the system, have one baby after another, don't even want to work, or pretend they can't work and get everything free. Not fair when many work and really struggle.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:09 am

Food is cheap... and is a priority...

If people have money coming in and have not spent it on food provisions but on other things then they have themselves to blame!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:14 am

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

No I don't at all Syl. That's taking from Peter to pay Paul.  All infants now get free meals, so bringing it in for Juniors would be good.

Mags, this is exactly what Corbyn has pledged to do if labour is voted in.
He has said all junior school children will get free school meals.....the parents of privately schooled kids will be the ones who will foot the bill.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:16 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

If people have money coming in and have not spent it on food provisions but on other things then they have themselves to blame!!!

Other things like a roof over their heads, shoes on their feet, gas, electricity, rates, etc etc etc. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:17 am

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

No I don't at all Syl. That's taking from Peter to pay Paul.  All infants now get free meals, so bringing it in for Juniors would be good.

Either everyone pays or workers get it free as well. Whilst people on benefits can't always help that, they're are many who play the system, have one baby after another, don't even want to work, or pretend they can't work and get everything free. Not fair when many work and really struggle.

Those on benefits already get money to pay for children's food so should pay for school meals out of the money!

Parents who send kids to private school are already saving taxpayer £6000 a year per child by doing so!!!

If all these parents said bollocks to it and started sending their kids to state schools instead then the state school system would collapse!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:25 am

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Other things like a roof over their heads, shoes on their feet, gas, electricity, rates, etc etc etc. Rolling Eyes

Housing benefit pays rent... can get a pair of shoes for a few quid that last months... I pay £10 a week in total for gas & elec... unemployed don't pay council tax...

All cheap!!!

When you consider that an unemployed with a kid is getting a couple hundred quid a week to spend plus rent paid!!!

It makes one wonder Wtf they are spending all the money on if they can't buy the primary basic amount of food that is the first priority that they are given the bloody money for in the first place!!!???
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:17 am

I think parents should pay something. I would have thought that a basic requirement of having children is that you can actually afford to feed them. Corbyn has gone too far to the left as usual.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:57 am

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

that's the rub, isn't it? It's expensive to live in Britain. We get financially shafted from every angle. Everything keeps on going up except the wages.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:35 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

that's the rub, isn't it?  It's expensive to live in Britain.  We get financially shafted from every angle.   Everything keeps on going up except the wages.

Mass immigration has pushed up costs of living while at the same time holding down wages...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:

He has said all junior school children will get free school meals.....the parents of privately schooled kids will be the ones who will foot the bill.

Ahh ok then it's a no from me.

magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Maybe the govt should be giving parents of privately school kids a rebate of £6000 for each child...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

Housing benefit pays rent... can get a pair of shoes for a few quid that last months... I pay £10 a week in total for gas & elec... unemployed don't pay council tax...

All cheap!!!

When you consider that an unemployed with a kid is getting a couple hundred quid a week to spend plus rent paid!!!

It makes one wonder Wtf they are spending all the money on if they can't buy the primary basic amount of food that is the first priority that they are given the bloody money for in the first place!!!???

I have no idea how benefits are worked out, who is entitled, who isn't and how much a person gets for what.

You are not a kid so I doubt you wear or grow out of your shoes like a kid would.
I pay 3 times more for gas and electricity than you do....where do you live Tommy...in a one room shack? Laughing

I love the way you dismiss household bills as cheap, obviously they are not, and we just touched the surface of monthly outgoings...there are many more.

I'm sure we had this conversation before soon after I joined, we didn't agree then and we wont agree now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:29 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

I knew you would see sense.......eventually. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:32 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:

Free school meals for all primary school children...good or bad idea? 1716015268
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:48 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

Free school meals for all primary school children...good or bad idea? 1716015268

Lol Mags...this one suits you better. Free school meals for all primary school children...good or bad idea? 2108625937
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:51 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

All cheap!!!

I have no idea how benefits are worked out, who is entitled, who isn't and how much a person gets for what.

You are not a kid so I doubt you wear or grow out of your shoes like a kid would.
I pay 3 times more for gas and electricity than you do....where do you live Tommy...in a one room shack? Laughing

I love the way you dismiss household bills as cheap, obviously they are not, and we just touched the surface of monthly outgoings...there are many more.

I'm sure we  had this conversation before soon after I joined, we didn't agree then and we wont agree now.

Maybe you should look into switching your energy suppliers Syl...!?

Or just turn your heating down and switch things off properly rather than leaving them on standby...?

Also... can you list some of these other weekly costs for items that are more important than food...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:05 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

I'm sure we  had this conversation before soon after I joined, we didn't agree then and we wont agree now.

Or just turn your heating down and switch things off properly rather than leaving them on standby...?

Also... can you list some of these other weekly costs for items that are more important than food...!?

I like to be warm and we pay our own bills so I am not complaining about the cost....just pointing out yours are very cheap in comparison.

I didn't say any bills were more important than food, you said maybe people were spending their money on 'other things' implying they were not budgeting properly, I pointed out 'other things' like keeping a roof over their heads etc were important and expensive.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Syl wrote:I didn't say any bills were more important than food, you said maybe people were spending their money on 'other things' implying they were not budgeting properly, I pointed out 'other things' like keeping a roof over their heads etc were important and expensive.

There are many frivolous things being bought, other than vital food. The Defense Department budget, for example.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:15 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

I like to be warm and we pay our own bills so I am not complaining about the cost....just pointing out yours are very cheap in comparison.

I didn't say any bills were more important than food, you said maybe people were spending their money on 'other things' implying they were not budgeting properly, I pointed out 'other things' like keeping a roof over their heads etc were important and expensive.

So... regardless of whether the unemployed someone with a kid or two spends £10 or £30 a week on gas/elec... and given that housing benefit pays for the rent... and they only have to pay a couple quid a week in council tax (if anything)... and that they are going to be getting £200-300 a week in other spendable benefits on top of housing benefit...

Can you tell me what the fuk they could possibly be spending the money on that is more important than food...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:I didn't say any bills were more important than food, you said maybe people were spending their money on 'other things' implying they were not budgeting properly, I pointed out 'other things' like keeping a roof over their heads etc were important and expensive.

There are many frivolous things being bought, other than vital food.  The Defense Department budget, for example.

We are talking of impoverished households and where they spend their money Quill...have you not read the thread?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:24 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

So... regardless of whether the unemployed someone with a kid or two spends £10 or £30 a week on gas/elec... and given that housing benefit pays for the rent... and they only have to pay a couple quid a week in council tax (if anything)... and that they are going to be getting £200-300 a week in other spendable benefits on top of housing benefit...

Can you tell me what the fuk they could possibly be spending the money on that is more important than food...!?

How do you know their housing benefit is paid in full...or their council tax. How do you know they will be getting £200-£300 pw in extra benefits?
Peoples benefits differ don't they?

I have no idea what they are, and I suspect you don't either.
All I know is some people definitely struggle, that's why they are entitled to free school meals and food bank handouts....they don't just turn up and take parcels of food away, they have to be referred.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/food-bank-usage-at-record-high-reveals-trussell-trust-a6984921.html

"New research carried out for the charity by the University of Hull has also mapped food bank demand, finding that areas with more people unable to work due to long-term sickness or disability have the highest usage. 
Food banks also reported that insecure work arrangements and high living costs were key drivers of food poverty. The APPG on Hunger report found that, according to the latest figures, the poorest households require 41 per cent of their income to cover the costs of food, fuel and housing; an increase of ten percentage points since 2003, but a slight fall of one percentage point on 2013. "

For the people who don't struggle and can afford to pay for their childs school dinners, well then they should.
And I think the conversation has now gone full circle.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:40 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

How do you know their housing benefit is paid in full...or their council tax. How do you know they will be getting £200-£300 pw in extra benefits?

All I know is some people definitely struggle, that's why they are entitled to free school meals and food bank handouts....they don't just turn up and take parcels of food away, they have to be referred.

For the people who don't struggle and can afford to pay for their child school dinners, well then they should.

Yes I do know what available benefits there are... and which are paid for different circumstances...

You brought up food banks... in relation to parents on benefits being so hard done by in the houndouts of money they get, that they have to use the food banks... I'm just trying to get you to tell me how unemployed parents with rent paid and another £200-300 a week coming in each week in spendable cash, would not be able to buy enough food for them all each week...!?

I want you to tell me what possible other more important things they have got to spend their money on that they don't have enough for food...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

For the people who don't struggle and can afford to pay for their child school dinners, well then they should.

Yes I do know what available benefits there are... and which are paid for different circumstances...

You brought up food banks... in relation to parents on benefits being so hard done by in the houndouts of money they get, that they have to use the food banks... I'm just trying to get you to tell me how unemployed parents with rent paid and another £200-300 a week coming in each week in spendable cash, would not be able to buy enough food for them all each week...!?

I want you to tell me what possible other more important things they have got to spend their money on that they don't have enough for food...!?

Unlike you Tommy, I don't pretend to know how someone who is poor enough to qualify for free school dinners and food bank handouts manages the money they get .
I do know many people struggle to make ends meet, and the people I know who struggle to make ends meet are not frittering their money away carelessly, they are responsible adults trying to do their best on a limited income.

I added a link to my previous posts btw.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Syl wrote:

All cheap!!!

£10 a week on your energy bills? What are you living in, an outside lavvy? Who the fuck pays £40 a month on gas and electric? Do tell, it's a miracle that's worth sharing! The unemployed and those on benefits do pay council tax, albeit a reduced rate. They also have to find money for water rates, house insurance, etc. It's not all a free ride.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:04 pm

I don't pretend to know Syl... I DO KNOW how much is paid in benefits... and I also know that unemployed parents get plenty of money given out to them!!!

More than enough to buy shit loads of food as well as pay for all manner of other things too!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I don't pretend to know Syl... I DO KNOW how much is paid in benefits... and I also know that unemployed parents get plenty of money given out to them!!!

More than enough to buy shit loads of food as well as pay for all manner of other things too!

People are generally lazy when it comes to cooking. They won't shop around either. You have to when you're on a budget.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:16 pm

I think it's a great idea, it removes that stigma from the kids who have to produce a meal card or something to get fed, and we all know that there are parents out there who neglect their kids. For the hours they're in state care, let the state truly care for them and not neglect them. It's not like it's going to bankrupt the UK, after all.

And of course it isn't fair that private-school kids' parents will foot the bill, but life's not fair, is it? I don't think anybody who can afford private school would be hurt in any way by this proposal.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:18 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

All cheap!!!

£10 a week on your energy bills?   What are you living in, an outside lavvy?   Who the fuck pays £40 a month on gas and electric?   Do tell, it's a miracle that's worth sharing!    The unemployed and those on benefits do pay council tax, albeit a reduced rate.   They also have to find money for water rates, house insurance, etc.   It's not all a free ride.  

I switched to the cheapest supplier onto a dual fuel deal... am with 'extraenergy' i think... it's about a tenner a week for the lot... reduced council tax rate is between 5%-10%... so few quid a week... water is £5-10 a week... you don't have to have home insurance...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:20 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

There are many frivolous things being bought, other than vital food.  The Defense Department budget, for example.

We are talking of impoverished households and where they spend their money Quill...have you not read the thread?

Yes, it's boring.  All this pissing and moaning about who pays what.

My slant is much more exciting. Gets to the point and tells whiny conservatives to STFU. Simple and direct.

Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:22 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I think it's a great idea, it removes that stigma from the kids who have to produce a meal card or something to get fed, and we all know that there are parents out there who neglect their kids. For the hours they're in state care, let the state truly care for them and not neglect them. It's not like it's going to bankrupt the UK, after all.

And of course it isn't fair that private-school kids' parents will foot the bill, but life's not fair, is it? I don't think anybody who can afford private school would be hurt in any way by this proposal.

So you want all to be treated equally, no matter their background then?

Inclusive to all?

Makes sense and I agree

All children whilst within school, should have and be given the same. Where in this case it be food.

It may save money for some parents, but that is not the point here, is it?

Its to ensure all children have free food whilst learning

That there is no price on food for children whilst learning.

The cost is taken up by the nation

Great example of my to make things inclusive and equal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Do away with school meals and make them all bring sandwiches... easy and cheap solution...!!!

And FAIR!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yes, it's boring.  All this pissing and moaning about who pays what.

My slant is much more exciting.  Gets to the point and tells whiny conservatives to STFU.  Simple and direct.

Yeah, the defence department budget is riveting....thanks for saving the thread. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:47 pm

Single parent of 2 children... not working...

Firstly gets jsa/income support @ £73.10 fortnightly so £36.55 a week...

Plus rent paid through housing benefit of... (bexley borough rate)...

Two Bedrooms Rate:£198.11 per week
Three Bedrooms Rate:£242.40 per week

Plus child benefit at...

Who the allowance is for Rate (weekly)
Eldest or only child £20.70
Additional children £13.70 per child

So that's another £34.40 per week...

Then add on the tax credits... from the online gov tax credits calculator

You could get

£470.01 every four weeks
towards your household costs

So that's another £117.50 a week on top of all that...

So when you add it all up... an unemployed single parent of 2 will get rent paid up to around £240 quid a week for a nice 3 bed house... and then get just under £200 a week cash to spend too!!!

Plus whatever other money they might be getting given off the other parent each week or any little bits of cash in hand work they might be doing...!!!

Hardly likely to be in need of a food bank... don't you think...!!!???
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:02 am

Thorin wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I think it's a great idea, it removes that stigma from the kids who have to produce a meal card or something to get fed, and we all know that there are parents out there who neglect their kids. For the hours they're in state care, let the state truly care for them and not neglect them. It's not like it's going to bankrupt the UK, after all.

So you want all to be treated equally, no matter their background then?

Inclusive to all?

Makes sense and I agree

All children whilst within school, should have and be given the same. Where in this case it be food.

It may save money for some parents, but that is not the point here, is it?

Its to ensure all children have free food whilst learning

That there is no price on food for children whilst learning.

The cost is taken up by the nation

Great example of my to make things inclusive and equal

Exactly, every child in a school run by the government should get free meals, no exclusions, no charge to any student. I wish we'd do that here.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next