NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches'

3 posters

Go down

School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches' Empty School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches'

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:49 am

A kitchen manager claims she was fired from a school in Colorado for giving free lunches to students who could not afford to pay for them.Della Curry, 35, supervised food preparation at Dakota Valley Elementary School in Aurora, Colorado, but says she was let go because she gave food to students.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/school-kitchen-manager-fired-from-colorado-school-for-giving-hungry-students-free-lunches-10293504.html

Back to top Go down

School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches' Empty Re: School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches'

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:01 am

Well she would be. That's like a shop assistant giving free goods away to people who forgot to bring their purse.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches' Empty Re: School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches'

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Well she would be. That's like a shop assistant giving free goods away to people who forgot to bring their purse.

You are alleging that this was a case of forgetfulness?

Well, maybe that will teach those little bastards. Wait 'til they lose their mittens!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Well she would be. That's like a shop assistant giving free goods away to people who forgot to bring their purse.

Well, maybe that will teach those little bastards.  Wait 'til they lose their mittens!

It's like giving away stuff from a shop when customers says they can't afford it then.

The ones she gave lunches to didn't qualify for free meals, so it's up to their parents to give them the money, or give them a packed lunch.

The lady says she paid for the meals herself, but if she can't prove that, she's basically giving them away for nothing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, maybe that will teach those little bastards.  Wait 'til they lose their mittens!

It's like giving away stuff from a shop when customers says they can't afford it then.

The ones she gave lunches to didn't qualify for free meals, so it's up to their parents to give them the money, or give them a packed lunch.

The lady says she paid for the meals herself, but if she can't prove that, she's basically giving them away for nothing.

As I say, wait until the lil' bastards forget their mittens one cold December morning.  "We'll show them..." said the Wicked Witch of the West.

School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches' Oz

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:53 pm

Oh well, if you're just going to troll ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:54 pm

The school allows them to forget their money three times anyway, and charges it to the parents' account. Maybe they should make the parents pay for a whole term upfront to avoid this sort of thing.

If they get free lunch every time they forget their money, what would be the point in charging at all?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:57 pm

You argue well. I see your point....

School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches' L779132985

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:02 pm

School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches' 97a80b3a172c4ee0a543fde1e8efe857.0
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches' 97a80b3a172c4ee0a543fde1e8efe857.0

It's Original Quill...

School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches' B8e01dfa7d6879f94830fb6496ebb5b6

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches' 97a80b3a172c4ee0a543fde1e8efe857.0

It's Original Quill...

School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches' B8e01dfa7d6879f94830fb6496ebb5b6

You can only fit so many letters in. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:34 pm

lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:20 pm

I hate to think this is all there is to the story -- she gave away food so we fired her. Maybe she did other things, because firing over something like that is overkill. If she was willing to pay for their lunches there should be no problem.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:22 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I hate to think this is all there is to the story -- she gave away food so we fired her. Maybe she did other things, because firing over something like that is overkill. If she was willing to pay for their lunches there should be no problem.

I don't think she paid for all of them, just a few.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:23 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I hate to think this is all there is to the story -- she gave away food so we fired her. Maybe she did other things, because firing over something like that is overkill. If she was willing to pay for their lunches there should be no problem.

Well, I'm just going by the information presented in the thread, I'm not going to click that link Smile Still, it sounds to me like there is more going on here.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well, I'm just going by the information presented in the thread, I'm not going to click that link Smile Still, it sounds to me like there is more going on here.

It was me who said she paid for them, but actually it was not all of them.

Curry claimed the students she helped did not meet the requirements for either programme, and that she had paid for some of their meals out of her own pocket.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:30 pm

The usual issue arises of who went to the press with this. Della Curry says she wants the law to be changed, so can I presume it was she who went to the press?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Isn't this school for kids of primary school age ie 5-10 years old?  I can understand why she did it.  It's the parents responsibility to ensure that their children have their lunch money.

If the school has the ability to charge the first three times a child forgets to the parents acccount why not the 4th, 5th, 6th.............

School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches' Smiley13

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:16 pm

feelthelove wrote:Isn't this school for kids of primary school age ie 5-10 years old?  I can understand why she did it.  It's the parents responsibility to ensure that their children have their lunch money.

If the school has the ability to charge the first three times a child forgets to the parents acccount why not the 4th, 5th, 6th.............

School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches' Smiley13

I wondered about that. Why not just charge their accounts all the time instead of the child having to have the money? I suppose it would take a lot of admin or something.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
feelthelove wrote:Isn't this school for kids of primary school age ie 5-10 years old?  I can understand why she did it.  It's the parents responsibility to ensure that their children have their lunch money.

I wondered about that. Why not just charge their accounts all the time instead of the child having to have the money? I suppose it would take a lot of admin or something.

It would probably be a lot easier for the school if they set up a direct debit system surely?  It also reduces the risk of having cash on the premises and the child losing their money.

These are young kids, I can understand doing this with high school kids, that's different and they need to learn responsibility.  Our local high school has a system where parents add money to a card to allow students to pay for their lunches.  Their parents can access that account at any time and see what their child has purchased to make sure they are eating healthily Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down