NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mom makes daughter sleep on tile for a month

Go down

Mom makes daughter sleep on tile for a month Empty Mom makes daughter sleep on tile for a month

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:31 am

Mom makes daughter sleep on tile for a month Yh77ymhdn5j21

https://www.reddit.com/r/casualChildAbuse/comments/avgphw/mom_makes_daughter_sleep_on_tile_for_a_month/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I47tnjWLzQ

Back to top Go down

Mom makes daughter sleep on tile for a month Empty Re: Mom makes daughter sleep on tile for a month

Post by Syl Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:22 pm

Oh God, another one wanting her 15 minutes.

Maybe the child would behave better if the mother concentrated on her instead of talking badly about her on social media, in the hope that complete strangers will agree with her and compliment her on the way she is bringing up her child.

She sounds like the mother from hell to me.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mom makes daughter sleep on tile for a month Empty Re: Mom makes daughter sleep on tile for a month

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:30 pm

Syl wrote:Oh God, another one wanting her 15 minutes.

Maybe the child would behave better if the mother concentrated on her instead of writing her every thought down for complete strangers to compliment the way she is bringing up her child.

but all we have to go on is one post from a mother who sounds like she's at the end of her tether. we have no idea about this child's behaviour, what she has done, how long it's gone on for etc, we don't even know how old she is, nor about siblings or home life.

my daughter is now 26 and she's an incredible person and we are so so close which i love but we were talking the other day (must have been a discussion much as this one) and she said to me. ''mum, i manipulated the whole family, especially my brothers, i knew how to turn on the tears at exactly the right moment to get what i wanted. looking back i was a real nightmare''

to which i replied ''yeah i know, we've all been there''

i would say though, syl, that a month is way over the top. if she wants to give out that sort of punishment then it should be no longer than a week imo. i couldn't have done it, and my hubby would have given in after an hour or so

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:48 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:Oh God, another one wanting her 15 minutes.

Maybe the child would behave better if the mother concentrated on her instead of writing her every thought down for complete strangers to compliment the way she is bringing up her child.

but all we have to go on is one post from a mother who sounds like she's at the end of her tether.  we have no idea about this child's behaviour, what she has done, how long it's gone on for etc, we don't even know how old she is, nor about siblings or home life.

my daughter is now 26 and she's an incredible person and we are so so close which i love but we were talking the other day (must have been a discussion much as this one) and she said to me.  ''mum, i manipulated the whole family, especially my brothers, i knew how to turn on the tears at exactly the right moment to get what i wanted.  looking back i was a real nightmare''

i would say though, syl, that a month is way over the top.  if she wants to give out that sort of punishment then it should be no longer than a week imo.  i couldn't have done it, and my hubby would have given in after an hour or so

lol! lol!

Men (in general) are rubbish at punishments...my OH used to say "wait till your mam gets home" Laughing

I dont agree with people writing down all the personal family stuff for total strangers to judge over on social media, especially if the child can be identified, I should think that would make her act worse not better.
Like you say though, there is no indication of what the child has done, how old she is, what the circumstances are....and we only have the mothers viewpoint here, but most of what she says sounds harsh to me. You dont make a child sleep on the floor and you dont cut her off from the rest of her family either.

Most/all parents have been at the end of their tether at one time or another....my son was an angel till he reached around 12...then he turned into some sort of alien creature, but I still let him sleep in his bed. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:03 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

but all we have to go on is one post from a mother who sounds like she's at the end of her tether.  we have no idea about this child's behaviour, what she has done, how long it's gone on for etc, we don't even know how old she is, nor about siblings or home life.

my daughter is now 26 and she's an incredible person and we are so so close which i love but we were talking the other day (must have been a discussion much as this one) and she said to me.  ''mum, i manipulated the whole family, especially my brothers, i knew how to turn on the tears at exactly the right moment to get what i wanted.  looking back i was a real nightmare''

i would say though, syl, that a month is way over the top.  if she wants to give out that sort of punishment then it should be no longer than a week imo.  i couldn't have done it, and my hubby would have given in after an hour or so

lol! lol!

Men (in general) are rubbish at punishments...my OH used to say "wait till your mam gets home" Laughing

I dont agree with people writing down all the personal family stuff for total strangers to judge over on social media, especially if the child can be identified, I should think that would make her act worse not better.
Like you say though, there is no indication of what the child has done, how old she is, what the circumstances are....and we only have the mothers viewpoint here, but most of what she says sounds harsh to me. You dont make a child sleep on the floor and you dont cut her off from the rest of her family either.

Most/all parents have been at the end of their tether at one time or another....my son was an angel till he reached around 12...then he turned into some sort of alien creature, but I still let him sleep in his bed.  Razz

totally agree with that syl. it is a very unhealthy thing to do and way too many people are doing it. it's like some weird obsession.

i remember when eldest boy was around 12/13 and i caught him coming out of his room one sunday. my comment was ''listen, sweetheart, wanking is fine and groovy but can you not use your brother's sock to wipe it up please. for goodness sake use a tissue then you can throw it in the bin,,,,,or do what your father does and throw it behind the bed''

at which point there was a loud bellow of laughter from hubby and eldest daughter who were in our room.

we all ended up laughing hilariously over it even youngest son although he swore he was never wearing those socks again

Mom makes daughter sleep on tile for a month 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:08 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

Most/all parents have been at the end of their tether at one time or another....my son was an angel till he reached around 12...then he turned into some sort of alien creature, but I still let him sleep in his bed.  Razz

totally agree with that syl.  it is a very unhealthy thing to do and way too many people are doing it.  it's like some weird obsession.

i remember when eldest boy was around 12/13 and i caught him coming out of his room one sunday.  my comment was  ''listen, sweetheart, wanking is fine and groovy but can you not use your brother's sock to wipe it up please.  for goodness sake use a tissue then you can throw it in the bin,,,,,or do what your father does and throw it behind the bed''

at which point there was a loud bellow of laughter from hubby and eldest daughter who were in our room.

we all ended up laughing hilariously over it even youngest son although he swore he was never wearing those socks again

Mom makes daughter sleep on tile for a month 3489511464

lol! lol! lol!

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:20 pm

OMG! Irony alert at myself

I dont agree with people writing down all the personal family stuff for total strangers to judge over on social media,,,,,

totally agree with that syl. it is a very unhealthy thing to do and way too many people are doing it. it's like some weird obsession......

then look what i went and did

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:25 pm

gelico wrote:

OMG!  Irony alert at myself

I dont agree with people writing down all the personal family stuff for total strangers to judge over on social media,,,,,

totally agree with that syl.  it is a very unhealthy thing to do and way too many people are doing it.  it's like some weird obsession......

lol! lol!

Yeah but lets be fair Gelico

Your stories are personal history that are also hilarious

Your intent is not to seek attention, unlike the lady in the article

Personally, I think it helps maintain the memory of your husband. In always such a wonderful way. It means he is awlays being constantly within your heart. Like I say its the one thing death can never take away from us. You bring to life these situtions. As you are actually very good at relating such stories and I think many can relate to similar situations.

Yours simple have that extra meaning, as they bring out lovely memories of your husband.

Which i always enjoy reading them. I would rather really personal stories that share such humour, than people moaning about their daily lives. I think its lovely how you look back fondly with such memories with all your family

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Thor wrote:
gelico wrote:

totally agree with that syl.  it is a very unhealthy thing to do and way too many people are doing it.  it's like some weird obsession......

lol! lol!

Personally, I think it helps maintain the memory of your husband. In always such a wonderful way. It means he is awlays being constantly within your heart. Like I say its the one thing death can never take away from us. You bring to life these situtions. As you are actually very good at relating such stories and I think many can relate to similar situations.

Yours simple have that extra meaning, as they bring out lovely memories of your husband.

Which i always enjoy reading them. I would rather really personal stories that share such humour, than people moaning about their daily lives. I think its lovely how you look back fondly with such memories

oh, well, i suppose, when you put it like that,,,,,,

thanks didge,

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:45 pm

gelico wrote:

lol! lol!

You make me laugh Gels...if I could give you another alien I would...but I'm timed out. Laughing

Talking on here is different to the post the woman wrote. You are just reminiscing about funny times of when your sons were growing up. Personally I love hearing and sharing little titbits like this, it's what makes you friendly and well worth listeng to. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:46 pm

Thor wrote:
gelico wrote:

lol! lol!

Which i always enjoy reading them. I would rather really personal stories that share such humour, than people moaning about their daily lives. I think its lovely how you look back fondly with such memories with all your family

Snap....we do agree on some things. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Syl wrote:
Thor wrote:

Snap....we do agree on some things. Cool

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:52 pm

it was you syl, talking about when your son was 12 which triggered that particular memory. in fact any one of you can say something which might trigger another memory for me so all of you here in your own way are kinda helping me remember things. i love it here

back to topic though, what is your opinion didge on the punishment for this kid and the sharing of it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:08 pm

gelico wrote:

it was you syl, talking about when your son was 12 which triggered that particular memory.  in fact any one of you can say something which might trigger another memory for me so all of you here in your own way are kinda helping me remember things.  i love it here

back to topic though, what is your opinion didge on the punishment for this kid and the sharing of it?

Difficult to guage, based on not knowing so much about the situation, though I sort of think she is more likely of teen age

I can imagine the mother coming to the end of her tether, but is the punishment really going to achieve what she hopes it will achieve?

I think its way over the top, but then we have no idea what other punishments she tried and have also failed

So difficult to guage, but a month's long punishement seems way over the top

I think the clothes restriction is an interesting idea though

As to the sharing? It could be possible a number of reasons.

Attention seeking

Seeking assurance over the punishement she gave.

Simple wanted to rant about this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:19 pm

Oh and i will add one more possible motivation why she posted this

Feels insecure and weak over her ability to be a mother to her children in that she has lost control. Hence the possible reason for the over the top reaction to her daughter and to then try to prove to the world, she is a strong good mother and in control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:34 pm

gelico wrote:

it was you syl, talking about when your son was 12 which triggered that particular memory.  in fact any one of you can say something which might trigger another memory for me so all of you here in your own way are kinda helping me remember things.  i love it here

Mom makes daughter sleep on tile for a month 2089010162
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down