NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce

+7
The Devil, You Know
veya_victaous
Victorismyhero
Eilzel
Maddog
eddie
Ben Reilly
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 2 Empty Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

OSLO (Reuters) - Evidence for man-made global warming has reached a "gold standard" level of certainty, adding pressure for cuts in greenhouse gases to limit rising temperatures, scientists said on Monday.

"Humanity cannot afford to ignore such clear signals," the U.S.-led team wrote in the journal Nature Climate Change of satellite measurements of rising temperatures over the past 40 years.

They said confidence that human activities were raising the heat at the Earth's surface had reached a "five-sigma" level, a statistical gauge meaning there is only a one-in-a-million chance that the signal would appear if there was no warming.

Such a "gold standard" was applied in 2012, for instance, to confirm the discovery of the Higgs boson subatomic particle, a basic building block of the universe.

Benjamin Santer, lead author of Monday's study at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California, said he hoped the findings would win over skeptics and spur action.

"The narrative out there that scientists don't know the cause of climate change is wrong," he told Reuters. "We do."

Mainstream scientists say the burning of fossil fuels is causing more floods, droughts, heat waves and rising sea levels.

U.S. Failing Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon has often cast doubt on global warming and plans to pull out of the 197-nation Paris climate agreement which seeks to end the fossil fuel era this century by shifting to cleaner energies such as wind and solar power.

Sixty-two percent of Americans polled in 2018 believed that climate change has a human cause, up from 47 percent in 2013, according to the Yale Program on Climate Change Communication.

https://news.yahoo.com/evidence-man-made-global-warming-hits-gold-standard-160532254.html

I'd like to nominate Benjamin Santer for the first-ever Ben Reilly Pollyanna of the Year award.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 2 Empty Re: Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:39 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Vintage wrote:So what caused the 'climate change' (not my words) in 1315 - 1322 also known as the Little Ice Age, although this term tends to get some peoples backs up, with unpredictable weather continuing until the 19th century?
The climate changes, the Sahara was once abundant in flora and fauna, also Antartica to name a few obvious ones, wasn't there changes in S. America that saw cities abandoned.
I know we are polluting and changing entire areas that are affecting animals, the land itself, the real answer as another poster pointed out is human population control.

oh that ice age??

yeah it was caused by all the human industry and pollution from our cars and planes and farting cows that were going around in 1315

The Little Ice Age wasn't a global event; it was confined to Europe and North America and was caused by an unusual series of massive volcanic eruptions.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 2 Empty Re: Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:

He has to stop. Everyone has to stop being so fucking childish.

Eddie... try reading the forum rules...

Wolfboys constant mis-behaviour is clearly a banning offence... by your own rules... but all you miss just keep on letting him carry on, without even issuing regular basement punishments for any of his regular rule breaking offences...

Then you can hardly start punishing others for retaliating, can you...!?

So how do you expect anything to change...!?

If you're going to have rules here... then you need to enforce them immediately on those initiating the problems... fairly and squarely with issuing punishments to the offenders every time they cross the line...!

Stop letting certain posters get away with the shit, and then complain that things are getting out of hand cos others see the inaction of the mods, and then retaliate...!

This is the best post I have read on here in a few weeks.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:4 posts on the trot containing nothing but childish abuse, with no counter argument or factual content.....

what were we saying earlier????

He has to stop. Everyone has to stop being so fucking childish.
Apparently they dont.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:52 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

oh that ice age??

yeah it was caused by all the human industry and pollution from our cars and planes and farting cows that were going around in 1315

The Little Ice Age wasn't a global event;  it was confined to Europe and North America and was caused by an unusual series  of massive volcanic eruptions.

Yeah... right... a couple of volcanic eruptions on an island in the southern hemisphere near Australia, caused the mini ice age that went on for hundreds of years here in the northern hemisphere...

But funnily enough... the more recent huge eruptions there don't seem to have had any effect at all...!!!

I wonder why...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:53 pm

Maddog wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Eddie... try reading the forum rules...

Wolfboys constant mis-behaviour is clearly a banning offence... by your own rules... but all you miss just keep on letting him carry on, without even issuing regular basement punishments for any of his regular rule breaking offences...

Then you can hardly start punishing others for retaliating, can you...!?

So how do you expect anything to change...!?

If you're going to have rules here... then you need to enforce them immediately on those initiating the problems... fairly and squarely with issuing punishments to the offenders every time they cross the line...!

Stop letting certain posters get away with the shit, and then complain that things are getting out of hand cos others see the inaction of the mods, and then retaliate...!

Ta very much!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Ta very much!

I'll use an analogy Ben can relate to.  Doesnt matter where the strike zone is, but you have to call it consistently and the same for all players of any team.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:05 pm

Maddog wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Ta very much!

I'll use an analogy Ben can relate to.  Doesnt matter where the strike zone is, but you have to call it consistently and the same for all players of any team.

Well we do try, but you know, we just dont read every single post!
Why don’t people report the posts and then we can act accordingly?

Jesus. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:07 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

oh that ice age??

The Little Ice Age wasn't a global event;  it was confined to Europe and North America and was caused by an unusual series  of massive volcanic eruptions.

which is exactly the same as whats happening now - localised events caused by naturally occuring weather patterns and planetary functions

pay me money ben i just solved global climate warming change

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:09 pm

Vintage wrote:So what caused the 'climate change' (not my words) in 1315 - 1322 also known as the Little Ice Age, although this term tends to get some peoples backs up, with unpredictable weather continuing until the 19th century?
The climate changes, the Sahara was once abundant in flora and fauna, also Antartica to name a few obvious ones, wasn't there changes in S. America that saw cities abandoned.
I know we are polluting and changing entire areas that are affecting animals, the land itself, the real answer as another poster pointed out is human population control.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/A-detailed-look-at-the-Little-Ice-Age.html

https://www.skepticalscience.com/coming-out-of-little-ice-age.htm

https://www.skepticalscience.com/coming-out-of-little-ice-age-advanced.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:10 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

oh that ice age??

which is exactly the same as whats happening now - localised events caused by naturally occuring weather patterns and planetary functions

Checking my jacket pockets for anything copper, and I'll have it heading to your secret fortress in the Marianas Trench within a fortnight.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:13 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 2 3489511464

This coming from the unscientific smelly

How do you explain how its now global?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Thor wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 2 3489511464

By blaming women? Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 2 2190311264
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:19 pm

eddie wrote:
Thor wrote:

By blaming women? Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 2 2190311264

Well even smelly is not that silly, as he would thus surrender his poor argument holds no validity

Maybe smelly can explain this

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 2 15_co2_left_040518

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 2 Global-temp-and-co2-1880-2009

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 2 2000_year_temperature_comparison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:21 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Checking my jacket pockets for anything copper, and I'll have it heading to your secret fortress in the Marianas Trench within a fortnight.

keep your change ben

maybe you can use it to buy a personality and a couple brain cells instead.

who knows maybe you might start thinking for yourself instead of listening to big business

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:26 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

keep your change ben

who knows maybe you might start thinking for yourself instead of listening to big business

I will take tha bet with you, that you think the rise in tempretures is localised today and I back globally

Shall we say a billion pounds?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:27 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

keep your change ben

Nah, you deserve something for solving global warming (or climate change, as the Bush administration took to calling it). I'll ask eddie if she'd mind me kissing you; would you like that?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:26 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

keep your change ben

Nah, you deserve something for solving global warming (or climate change, as the Bush administration took to calling  it). I'll ask eddie if she'd  mind me kissing  you; would you like  that?

Calm down harvey.

Keep your kisses to yourself, besides I get a better prize then you trying to force your slug down my throat.

I get to use air travel and my car and turn on my central heating in winter, with all the lights blazing and the log burner roaring.

Sometimes I don't even recycle properly.

I the best part is I get to not give a flying fuck about some fairy tale made up by a conman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:29 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

keep your change ben

Nah, you deserve something for solving global warming (or climate change, as the Bush administration took to calling  it). I'll ask eddie if she'd  mind me kissing  you; would you like  that?

Calm down harvey.

Keep your kisses to yourself, besides I get a better prize then you trying to force your slug down my throat.

I get to use air travel and my car and turn on my central heating in winter, with all the lights blazing and the log burner roaring.

I the best part is I get to not give a flying fuck about some fairy tale made up by a conman

Not trying to force anything down your throat, smelly - consent is paramount.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:32 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Jesus. Rolling Eyes

Well, pretty much everyone else can see them. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:39 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Jesus. Rolling Eyes

Any interest in becoming our new mod? You can be in charge of instantaneous, 24-7 response! Cool
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:52 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Any interest in becoming our new mod? You can be in charge of instantaneous, 24-7 response! Cool

I could mod when I'm on. And go through posts and see when people are being abusive. You don't have to actually see it happen live, do you?

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:56 pm

Maddog wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I could mod when I'm on. And go through posts and see when people are being abusive. You don't have to actually see it happen live, do you?

You don't, but if you don't, and you want to police everything, you have to go back and read pages and pages of old posts.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:57 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You don't, but if you don't, and you want to police everything, you have to go back and read pages and pages  of old posts.

Cops can't catch every speeder.

But they can catch one driving right in front of their face at 90.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:10 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Calm down harvey.

Bill Clinton begs to disagree

And Obama pimped his own daughter out to Harvey.

Maybe you should change sides, our team only grabs willing pussies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Oh fuck not ANOTHER mod

Are there any actual normal non establishment affiliated posters on here apart from me???

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:27 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Calm down harvey.

Bill Clinton begs to disagree

And Obama pimped his own daughter out to Harvey.

Maybe you should change sides, our team only grabs willing pussies

Any idea what Daffy Duck, Mickey Mouse, etc. have to say about consent?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:09 am

smelly-bandit wrote:Oh fuck not ANOTHER mod

Are there any actual normal non establishment affiliated posters on here apart from me???

I'm non normal and often vote for a party that's gets less than 5% of the vote.

How non establishment affiliated do you want?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:16 am

Dodge... your graphs are bullshit...!!!

Unless you can explain how historical global temperatures in your graph, are accurately measured prior to 1900...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:20 am

Tommy Monk wrote:Dodge... your graphs are bullshit...!!!

Unless you can explain how historical global temperatures in your graph, are accurately measured prior to 1900...!?

How are they bullshit, when you yourself use said graps for your own arguments from  the past in tempretures

Are you saying the previous many times you used a graph was thus false?

Take your time?

Razz

Lets stick with this one point

Are you now arguing against your previous claim?

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:38 am

I posted ice core data analysis studies from certain places geographically... that were managed to be done at those places because the ice there dates back at least tens of thousands of years...

They all show that most of the last 2000 and 10000 years was warmer than today...

But you are always quick to claim that these data sources only show 'local' temperatures...

Can you explain the sources of the data in the graphs you posted...!?

And can you explain how any of these sources are representative of 'global temperatures' when you claim other data is only 'local'...!!!???

Take your time...!

You're gonna need plenty of it...!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:32 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Cool

Just admit it, smelly'...

You don't know the first thing about climatology, meterology or the underlying sciences..

Not only a corporate shill, but a clueless dolt as well.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:39 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

keep your change ben

Razz

You and Deano are the big business shills on here, Smelly'...

You have been arguing in favour of big oil, mining and polluting corporations ever since you arrived on this forum..

Not only a clueless corporate apologist, but a lyong hypocrite as well.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:23 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Take your time...!

Ice cores: The ratio of oxygen isotopes in ice indicates the temperature at the time ice was deposited as snow. Also, air bubbles can be analysed to measure carbon dioxide and methane concentrations at the time the bubbles were trapped in the ice.

Fossil pollen: Different classes of plants produce pollen grains with different distinctive shapes. Such pollen grains are often found preserved in sediment cores from ponds, lakes and oceans. They provide information on the type of plants that grew nearby when the sediments were formed.

Lake sediments: Composition and sedimentation rates change in response to environmental conditions. Pollen in the sediments can indicate the type of vegetation present, and plankton biota indicate physical and chemical conditions in the lake water.

Ocean sediment cores contain primitive shelled animals (foraminifera) whose abundance in the surface layers of the ocean depends on surface water temperature and other conditions.

Loess is deposits on land of wind borne material. Its accumulation at a particular location can provide information on past windiness and dryness.

Glaciers: Variations in the past size of glaciers can be inferred from the location of moraines (rocks and debris deposited by glaciers) and buried soils, and in the presence of glacial features in the landscape. In New Zealand, cool summer temperatures are only one factor in promoting ice accumulation on glaciers, and snow accumulation rates also respond to changes in the strength and direction of the westerly wind flow and sea level pressure in summer.

Speleothems: Glacial deposits embedded within speleothems (stalactites and stalagmites) can be used to indicate periods of glacial advance (the speleothems can be dated using uranium isotope techniques). A cave in Fiordland New Zealand, which has been repeatedly overrun by glaciers, provides information going back 230,000 years.

Tree ring width depends on the soil moisture, temperature and other growing conditions. Annual rings of trees in temperate forests can be used to reconstruct past climates.

Boreholes: It is sometimes possible to deduce past surface temperatures going back several hundred years by measuring the way temperature varies with depth in a borehole several hundred metres deep (at a suitable site not disturbed by groundwater flow). This is because fluctuations in ground surface temperatures propagate slowly downwards into the earth as a "temperature wave".

Instrumental easurements and written or oral records: In New Zealand, quantitative records of temperature and other meteorological records are available only for the past 150 years. Such records must be analysed carefully, to identify the influence of any non-climate factors (such as changes in observing site or method, or encroaching urban development).

Opps

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:42 am

Maddog wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Oh fuck not ANOTHER mod

I'm non normal and often vote for a party that's gets less than 5% of the vote.

How non establishment affiliated do you want?  

I meant this establishment.

Everyone apart from me seems to be a mod around here, it's like 100 prison guards to every prisoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:51 pm

Thor wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
Take your time...!

Ice cores: The ratio of oxygen isotopes in ice indicates the temperature at the time ice was deposited as snow. Also, air bubbles can be analysed to measure carbon dioxide and methane concentrations at the time the bubbles were trapped in the ice.

Fossil pollen: Different classes of plants produce pollen grains with different distinctive shapes. Such pollen grains are often found preserved in sediment cores from ponds, lakes and oceans. They provide information on the type of plants that grew nearby when the sediments were formed.

Lake sediments: Composition and sedimentation rates change in response to environmental conditions. Pollen in the sediments can indicate the type of vegetation present, and plankton biota indicate physical and chemical conditions in the lake water.

Ocean sediment cores contain primitive shelled animals (foraminifera) whose abundance in the surface layers of the ocean depends on surface water temperature and other conditions.

Loess is deposits on land of wind borne material. Its accumulation at a particular location can provide information on past windiness and dryness.

Glaciers: Variations in the past size of glaciers can be inferred from the location of moraines (rocks and debris deposited by glaciers) and buried soils, and in the presence of glacial features in the landscape. In New Zealand, cool summer temperatures are only one factor in promoting ice accumulation on glaciers, and snow accumulation rates also respond to changes in the strength and direction of the westerly wind flow and sea level pressure in summer.

Speleothems: Glacial deposits embedded within speleothems (stalactites and stalagmites) can be used to indicate periods of glacial advance (the speleothems can be dated using uranium isotope techniques). A cave in Fiordland New Zealand, which has been repeatedly overrun by glaciers, provides information going back 230,000 years.

Tree ring width depends on the soil moisture, temperature and other growing conditions. Annual rings of trees in temperate forests can be used to reconstruct past climates.

Boreholes: It is sometimes possible to deduce past surface temperatures going back several hundred years by measuring the way temperature varies with depth in a borehole several hundred metres deep (at a suitable site not disturbed by groundwater flow). This is because fluctuations in ground surface temperatures propagate slowly downwards into the earth as a "temperature wave".

Instrumental easurements and written or oral records: In New Zealand, quantitative records of temperature and other meteorological records are available only for the past 150 years. Such records must be analysed carefully, to identify the influence of any non-climate factors (such as changes in observing site or method, or encroaching urban development).

Opps

Laughing

Is that it...!?

lol!

You obviously don't have a clue about any of what you've just copy & pasted...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:54 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thor wrote:

Opps

Laughing

Is that it...!?

lol!

You obviously don't have a clue about any of what you've just copy & pasted...!!!

Yes this is many methods Tommy, which you dimissed

So lets here your scientific view that dismisses all scientific data collecting from the above methods?

Over to you Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:01 pm

From your cut & paste...

"...Loess is deposits on land of wind borne material. Its accumulation at a particular location can provide information on past windiness and dryness..."

And...

"...Instrumental easurements and written or oral records: In New Zealand, quantitative records of temperature and other meteorological records are available only for the past 150 years. Such records must be analysed carefully, to identify the influence of any non-climate factors (such as changes in observing site or method, or encroaching urban development)..."

lol!

You really don't have a clue do you...!!!???

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:03 pm

Hilarious

So is this not a prime example of exposing Tommy's stupidity?

What about all the other metods Tommy?

The ones you pointed out are one of a number of methods

You need to discount all of them

In your own time

How to fuck up someone uneducated in science, in one easy lesson

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:05 pm

I want to you all to wait and see the massive own goal that Tommy will perform

Its going to be priceless

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:09 pm

Also... I notice you left most of the stuff out that was shown on the source of your C&P...

https://www.niwa.co.nz/our-science/climate/information-and-resources/clivar/pastclimate

I wonder why...!!!???

Plus... you still havent posted the source of the data in the graphs you posted earlier...!!!???

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:14 pm

Lol, I told you he is falling into the trap

How is that even my link?

Lets start with that?

Laughing

Tommy again exposed for lying

This is the actul link

https://www.niwa.co.nz/climate/faq/how-do-we-determine-past-climate

So he could not answer how this information is wrong

No surpise

So lets educate him

https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php?a=22&p=8

https://skepticalscience.com/graphics.php

I suggest tommy look on each link to find out why

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:17 pm

From your article...

"...New Zealand temperatures over the past 150,000 years appear to broadly reflect those seen in the Vostok record..."

Here is an article about what the vostok ice core record shows us...

https://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/02/08/420000-years-of-data-suggestss-global-warming-is-not-man-made/

From the above article...

"...If we look to roughly 325,000 years ago, based on the Vostok data above, we see that Earth was at the peak of a warm interglacial period.  At that time, global temperature and CO2 levels were higher than they are today. Currently, we are again at the peak and near end of a warm interglacial. Based on the cycle, it would suggest that we are heading into another Ice Age period of cooling where global temperatures will drop and ice will again form heavily at the poles..."

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKhGg0jDZTc&t=16s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:22 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:From your article...

"...New Zealand temperatures over the past 150,000 years appear to broadly reflect those seen in the Vostok record..."

https://www.collective-evolution.com/2013/02/08/420000-years-of-data-suggestss-global-warming-is-not-man-made/

"...If we look to roughly 325,000 years ago, based on the Vostok data above, we see that Earth was at the peak of a warm interglacial period.  At that time, global temperature and CO2 levels were higher than they are today. Currently, we are again at the peak and near end of a warm interglacial. Based on the cycle, it would suggest that we are heading into another Ice Age period of cooling where global temperatures will drop and ice will again form heavily at the poles..."

What about outside New Zealand

You then use collective evolution?

One moment

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/collective-evolution/

lol!

Score one for Tommy being sucked in as an idiot

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:25 pm

In other words, Tommy does not buy into science but quackery

Here is how you answer idiots like Tommy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dbjk0lhx95w&t=74s

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:26 pm

You obviously don't understand any of what you are posting dodge...!!!

So... I'll leave you too it... and I'll wait for some sensible grown ups to post here...!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:30 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

You obviously don't understand any of what you are posting dodge...!!!

So... I'll leave you too it... and I'll wait for some sensible grown ups to post here...!!!

lol!

Now that is someone surrendering

If I am wrong tommy, why are you not able to articluate, your view point that th science is wrong?

Lets face a reality here

The above shows you have no idea what you are talking about and when I show experts you bow out

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

From your cut & paste...

"...Loess is deposits on land of wind borne material. Its accumulation at a particular location can provide information on past windiness and dryness..."

And...

"...Instrumental easurements and written or oral records: In New Zealand, quantitative records of temperature and other meteorological records are available only for the past 150 years. Such records must be analysed carefully, to identify the influence of any non-climate factors (such as changes in observing site or method, or encroaching urban development)..."

lol!

You really don't have a clue do you...!!!???

lol!

Also...

From your article...

But... I'm still waiting for you to provide the sources for the data used in the graphs you posted...!!!???

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:04 pm

Razz

Except for Tommy's three or four equally deluded anti-science backers on here, most people here will have realised by now that Tommy really doesn't understand anything that he posts...

Not only concerning climate change, but also evolution, human genetics, political systems, basic maths, simple statistics..

Tommy and smelly' -- clear examples of two people who are so stupid, that they have convinced themselves that they are smarter than everyone else on here !
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:06 pm

Well fleakeeper... maybe you could explain what the vostok ice core study actually is...?

And what does it show...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next