NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce

+7
The Devil, You Know
veya_victaous
Victorismyhero
Eilzel
Maddog
eddie
Ben Reilly
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 3 Empty Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

OSLO (Reuters) - Evidence for man-made global warming has reached a "gold standard" level of certainty, adding pressure for cuts in greenhouse gases to limit rising temperatures, scientists said on Monday.

"Humanity cannot afford to ignore such clear signals," the U.S.-led team wrote in the journal Nature Climate Change of satellite measurements of rising temperatures over the past 40 years.

They said confidence that human activities were raising the heat at the Earth's surface had reached a "five-sigma" level, a statistical gauge meaning there is only a one-in-a-million chance that the signal would appear if there was no warming.

Such a "gold standard" was applied in 2012, for instance, to confirm the discovery of the Higgs boson subatomic particle, a basic building block of the universe.

Benjamin Santer, lead author of Monday's study at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California, said he hoped the findings would win over skeptics and spur action.

"The narrative out there that scientists don't know the cause of climate change is wrong," he told Reuters. "We do."

Mainstream scientists say the burning of fossil fuels is causing more floods, droughts, heat waves and rising sea levels.

U.S. Failing Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon has often cast doubt on global warming and plans to pull out of the 197-nation Paris climate agreement which seeks to end the fossil fuel era this century by shifting to cleaner energies such as wind and solar power.

Sixty-two percent of Americans polled in 2018 believed that climate change has a human cause, up from 47 percent in 2013, according to the Yale Program on Climate Change Communication.

https://news.yahoo.com/evidence-man-made-global-warming-hits-gold-standard-160532254.html

I'd like to nominate Benjamin Santer for the first-ever Ben Reilly Pollyanna of the Year award.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 3 Empty Re: Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:10 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: Razz

Except for Tommy's three or four equally deluded anti-science backers on here,  most people here will have realised by now that Tommy really doesn't understand anything that he posts...

Not only concerning climate change, but also evolution, human genetics, political systems, basic maths, simple statistics..

Tommy and smelly' --  clear examples of two people who are so stupid, that they have convinced themselves that they are smarter than everyone else on here !

Exactly

He asked for how data is collected on the graphs

He then acted like a tit

That is what Tommy does,

He always does when he posts this

lol!

Its his stupid calling card

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 3 1716015268

He cannot even go on the point he originally made

He side tracts again when shown wrong

The guy isat best with a an IQ level of 90.

That is apparant with his stupdiity here

Back to top Go down

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 3 Empty Re: Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:22 pm

Didge... I asked you to provide information on the source of data on your graphs... then you started posting stuff from a new Zealand web site...

It was only the stuff about ice core data that had any real accuracy credibility... but when it is ice core data that I have posted before, you rubbish it as only being 'local' data...

You don't have a clue what you are talking about... and that is obvious to all...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Didge... I asked you to provide information on the source of data on your graphs... then you started posting stuff from a new Zealand web site...

It was only the stuff about ice core data that had any real accuracy credibility... but when it is ice core data that I have posted before, you rubbish it as only being 'local' data...

You don't have a clue what you are talking about... and that is obvious to all...!!!

I showed you how there is many measures

I proved your ignornce here

So if you think the only stuff that has real measure is with ice cores

Why are you ignoring the many data of this around the world and only looking at Greenland?

I told you tommy would end up looking very stupid

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Vostok is not in Greenland you idiot...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Vostok is not in Greenland you idiot...

But you used greenland as evidence did you not?

Based off also false data collated by a climate denialist, that never could ever hope to know climate details in the 20th century?

Are they the only glaciers in the world tommy?

How again to make Tommy look a complete unscientific nobody?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:57 pm

What has the new Zealand web site got to do with the graphs you posted up...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:02 pm

What did they show in regards to obtaining climate scientific data Tommy?

With the many different methods

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:27 pm

On the new Zealand web site... it said their temps had been consistent with vostok...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:28 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:On the new Zealand web site... it said their temps had been consistent with vostok...

So that is two places and in what points in history?

How many other glaciers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:35 pm

Still waiting for to provide the source of the data used in the graphs you posted...!?

How many more hours do you need...???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Still waiting for to provide the source of the data used in the graphs you posted...!?

How many more hours do you need...???

Sure, please read

https://skepticalscience.com/graphics.php

Just click on the linkcs of the graph, as i said earlier

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:57 pm

No... you do the clicking and post up the data...

But in the mean time... here is the truth about vostock data...

Showing actual historical levels of CO2 in Antarctica... as well as the current level there in Antarctica...

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 3 Vostok

Compared to one of the graphs on your bullshit skeptical science link...

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 3 CO2_history_500

Which tries to conflate the historical and current levels in Antarctica, with the current level in Hawaii...!!!!!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:00 pm

Priceless

So again how many glaciers are around the world Tommy?

Laughing

Mine showed 3 core samples

Tommy showed one core sample from Vostok, which matches my graph

Opps

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:10 pm

You really don't understand anything I've said... do you...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:14 pm

Actually Tommy I understand how you use one set of stats against global stats

That is showing an ignorance to scientific understanding of what is global CO2 levels

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:18 am

Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 3 3489511464

Nobody understands the ridiculous bullshit that Tommy keeps on spouting on here...

No even Tommy himself  !
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:23 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Only a "one in a million" chance humans aren't responsible for climate change, scientists announce - Page 3 3489511464

Nobody understands the ridiculous bullshit that Tommy keeps on spouting on here...

No even Tommy himself  !

lol, I am still laughing at his defense

It was epic and why he shut up so quick, he realised the epic owngoal he actually made

Being that his evidence, was also was one area, also used with 3 of mine posted

I guess the penny finally dropped

The boy dont know shit about science and its embarressing at times to watch

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:14 pm

Thor wrote:Actually Tommy I understand how you use one set of stats against global stats

That is showing an ignorance to scientific understanding of what is global CO2 levels

Don't be a twat... it's obvious you don't have a clue about what you're talking about...

Or... maybe you can tell us what Vostok data implies...!?

And still waiting for you to explain the data source of the graphs you posted...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thor wrote:Actually Tommy I understand how you use one set of stats against global stats

Don't be a twat... it's obvious you don't have a clue about what you're talking about...

Or... maybe you can tell us what Vostok data implies...!?

And still waiting for you to explain the data source of the graphs you posted...?

No problem, here is someone to explain your ignorance Tommy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XIpTqbLR5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfqOsuEIVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:26 pm

Maybe you can tell us what Vostok data implies...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:31 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Maybe you can tell us what Vostok data implies...!?

I already have explained Tommy and again look how closeminded again you are on this when I present evidence again to further explain to you and you ignore it

Now I am going to continually post educational videos for you

As not going to go around in circles on this

If you want to keep your head completely in the sand so be it

But as seen , you posted up a graph, that was one of 3 samples to my graph, showing what an epic owngoal that was by you

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3