NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids

+9
'Wolfie
nicko
Maddog
Ben Reilly
eddie
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Vintage
13 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids - Page 2 Empty Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

A group of around 20 parents are threatening to remove their children from a primary school with a gay assistant head teacher, after claiming it is “over-promoting LGBT movements”.

Parkfield Community School in Saltley, Birmingham, has been criticised by some parents for piloting a programme called No Outsiders, run by Andrew Moffat MBE, which challenges discrimination, including homophobia, in schools.

Books being read as part of the programme at the 770-pupil school, where 23 nationalities are represented, include Mommy, Mama and Me and King & King – stories about same-sex relationships and marriages.

But furious mum-of-three Fatima Shah has already taken her 10-year-old daughter out of school in protest, and has started a petition to halt the lessons.

She told HuffPost UK: “It’s inappropriate, totally wrong. Children are being told it’s OK to be gay yet 98% of children at this school are Muslim. It’s a Muslim community.

“I’ve taken my daughter out and other parents have too. I’ve been threatened with a fine and told my daughter will be removed from the school register if I continue but I have no choice.”

In 2016 Parkfield Community school was awarded Outstanding status by Ofsted and the No Outsiders scheme was highlighted as a key strength. A year later, Moffat was awarded an MBE for services to equality and diversity in education.

But Shad said Moffat’s programme is against her Islamic beliefs. “My daughter  came home and told me am I OK to be a boy? It’s confusing children about sexuality.”

Shah said she would be keeping her daughter at home until “something is done”. The mother said she had been paying for £20-per-hour home tuition instead.

While Shah is against the programme at Parkfield, the 29-year-old insists “gay people should be treated with mutual respect”.

She added: “We believe in fundamental British values and believe gay people should be treated with mutual respect and without prejudice or discrimination just like any other human being.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mums-protest-outside-school-for-promoting-homosexuality-to-their-kids_uk_5c4f0fb0e4b0e1872d45e941

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/councillor-backs-Muslim-mums-who-15736394

Back to top Go down

Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids - Page 2 Empty Re: Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:28 pm

eddie wrote:This is my last comment on this matter as we are detailing the thread.

I hope when my ex finds a woman and falls in love my daughter really likes her too.

Positive role models...can a child ever have too many?

Would you like the woman to call the child her daughter though?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids - Page 2 Empty Re: Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:This is my last comment on this matter as we are detailing the thread.

I hope when my ex finds a woman and falls in love my daughter really likes her too.

Positive role models...can a child ever have too many?

Would you like the woman to call the child her daughter though?

if i were in eddie's shoes, i'd actually be delighted.

little'un clearly has a stable upbringing and knows what's what

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
nicko wrote:There's many a real dad who's not a dad,   and many a dad who's not really a dad,  but is a real Dad to his Step-Daughter ! Does that make sense ?  

Yes, but the girl has a good father. When there's a break up involving children, I think it's important that the role of a parent is not taken over in any way.

Rags, it hasn’t happened that way and to Ben’s credit he will always chat to my daughter about her dad and the fun she has with him.
You shouldn’t assume but I like that fact you asked though.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:29 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Why do you feel the need to keep going out of your way to keep going on about it to a little girl who (you admit) is not that interested...!?

We only talk about it when she brings it up.

But you said that she is not that interested...

Quote Ben...

"...Me and eddie have explained (on a few occasions because I don't think she's that interested) to our little girl that sometimes men like other men the way most men like women, and the same for women..."

But now you claim that you have repeatedly told her such stuff in response to her showing interest in it...!?

Quote Ben...

"...We only talk about it when she brings it up..."

Make your mind up...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:33 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, but the girl has a good father. When there's a break up involving children, I think it's important that the role of a parent is not taken over in any way.

Rags, it hasn’t happened that way and to Ben’s credit he will always chat to my daughter about her dad and the fun she has with him.

I'm not assuming anything. Ben has repeatedly referred to her as his daughter as if she doesn't have a real father.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Why do you feel the need to keep going out of your way to keep going on about it to a little girl who (you admit) is not that interested...!?

We only talk about it when she brings it up.

Quote Ben...

"...Me and eddie have explained (on a few occasions because I don't think she's that interested) to our little girl that sometimes men like other men the way most men like women, and the same for women..."

But now you claim that you have repeatedly told her such stuff in response to her showing interest in it...!?

Quote Ben...

Make your mind up...!?

She's brought it up a few times, we've answered a few times, the same way. I say I don't think she's all that interested because she doesn't seem to remember what we said before when she asked about it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm not assuming anything. Ben has repeatedly referred to her as his daughter as if she doesn't have a real father.

That’s because we are married and she’s become very close to him. When he’s in Texas she video chats with him for a few hours at a time.
She sings to him a lot. I guess she thinks he likes it. Laughing
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Okay, she has a biological father who sees her twice a week and did not marry her mother.

I did marry her mother, and I have been working and making major changes so that I can be in her life every day.

I'm not saying her biological dad isn't great to her. If he wasn't, I would want him out of her life. You know, like a "real" father would.

He hasn't even bothered to meet me, on the other hand. Were the roles reversed, you can be assured I'd want to know about the new man in my daughter's life.

So there you go.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:57 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That’s because we are married and she’s become very close to him. When he’s in Texas she video chats with him for a few hours at a time.

how old is littlelegs now eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:58 pm

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Just turned 7 last month! Her birthday's really close to mine.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:59 pm

Seven going on seventy five. That kid comes out with some odd shit.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:01 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
gelico wrote:

FFS! 7 now

I remember well in the days of flaps and ES when eddie was pregnant and thinking of names

only seems like 2-3 years gone

i think dementia has well and truly set in with me

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:05 pm

gelico wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
gelico wrote:

FFS!   7 now

I remember well in the days of flaps and ES when eddie was pregnant and thinking of names

only seems like 2-3 years gone

i think dementia has well and truly set in with me

Yeah time flies. She’s a real sweetheart. A ray of sunshine and real easygoing.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:07 pm

Anyway, I'm suspicious any time someone says a school is "promoting" homosexuality. What does that entail, exactly? Where's the evidence?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:12 pm

eddie wrote:Seven going on seventy five. That kid comes out with some odd shit.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:19 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Quote Ben...

Quote Ben...

Make your mind up...!?

She's brought it up a few times, we've answered a few times, the same way. I say I don't think she's all that interested because she doesn't seem to remember what we said before when she asked about it.

A child wouldn't bring it up at all unless it was something that they have had portrayed to them in some way... and subsequently that they felt it was something that was worthy of question, ie something didn't feel 'right' about it to them, but instead that something felt fundamentally wrong about it to them...

But then to have adults in a position of trust start telling children that what they feel is fundamentally wrong, is not just ok but actually 'right'...!?

This is wrong on so many levels...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:21 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Quote Ben...

Quote Ben...

Make your mind up...!?

A child wouldn't bring it up at all unless it was something that they have had portrayed to them in some way... and subsequently that they felt it was something that was worthy of question, ie something didn't feel 'right' about it to them, but instead that something felt fundamentally wrong about it to them...

But then to have adults in a position of trust start telling children that what they feel is fundamentally wrong, is not just ok but actually 'right'...!?

It’s part of life, I’ve already explained above, why it was brought up?

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:23 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Quote Ben...

Quote Ben...

Make your mind up...!?

A child questions anything they're unfamiliar with. They have an innate curiosity.

It has nothing to do with this sweet girl thinking that there's anything "wrong" with men liking men or women liking women.

We don't tell her one way is better than the other, because we don't believe that way.

And she doesn't say "well that's weird" or "but isn't that wrong?" She's just curious.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:42 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Anyway, I'm suspicious any time someone says a school is "promoting" homosexuality. What does that entail, exactly? Where's the evidence?

Try reading the OP...

The Moffat books being read are all promoting the LGBT agenda...!

A child came home extremely confused by it all by asking her mum...

“My daughter  came home and told me am I OK to be a boy? It’s confusing children about sexuality.”

Which brings me back to my earlier post...

There is teaching the normal and natural way of things and the biological 'mechanics' of reproduction etc... and then the addition of a small caveat that sometimes there are small number of men who like men and women who like women etc... but this should also be told with the truth that this is not the norm and not possible for reproduction as this is between a male and female...

Then there is the over the top promotion of homosexuality that is really going on in schools!

The first is what should be the way of teaching... the second is the wrong way of teaching and should never be happening!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:45 pm

eddie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

I'm sorry... I missed your post explaining why it was ever brought up at all by her... can you post a brief explanation again for me please?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

i dont know, it's not so much a case of ''something didn't feel right''. kids are naturally curious about everything and everyone they come across. they are constantly asking questions, at least mine were, like non-stop about everything.

as long as you give kids a basic simple answer and dont make a song and dance about it they are fine and they will nod and then wander off to watch their favourite tv programme, and then wander back and ask a whole bunch of different questions about something else

they tend to figure things out for themselves soon enough anyway

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:48 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

A child questions anything they're unfamiliar with. They have an innate curiosity.

It has nothing to do with this sweet girl thinking that there's anything "wrong" with men liking men or women liking women.

We don't tell her one way is better than the other, because we don't believe that way.

And she doesn't say "well that's weird" or "but isn't that wrong?" She's just curious.

A child also has an innate sense of what is right or wrong...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Interesting that she's never, as I said previously, gone "well that's weird" or "but isn't that wrong?" then, isn't it?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
eddie wrote:

I'm sorry... I missed your post explaining why it was ever brought up at all by her... can you post a brief explanation again for me please?

eddie has a family member who is gay for one. what would you expect her to say

''cousin gaylord is ok enough but he's not quite normal, what with him liking men''?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:54 pm

Tommy, you seem to want to think that your hatred of homosexuality is natural and you're looking to justify it using my stepdaughter as an example. I'm not having any more of that, thanks.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:02 pm

eddie wrote:
gelico wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Me and eddie have explained (on a few occasions because I don't think she's that interested) to our little girl that sometimes men like other men the way most men like women, and the same for women.

Is that promoting homosexuality? Or just helping a kid understand something about the world?

he said a few times, and she may well have asked

it's not going on about it

just gradual bits of information here and there is all

My niece (her cousin) is very close to us and is bisexual. My cousin’s son is gay. The topic came up, she asked, we answered. She listened then asked for a biscuit.
As kids do.

For Tommy.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:07 pm

Thanks Eddie...

But that reinforces my point that the fact the young child has made a point of questioning it, confirms that she has a fundamental innate feeling that something is not quite 'right' about it...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:08 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Thanks Eddie...

But that reinforces my point that the fact the young child has made a point of questioning it, confirms that she has a fundamental innate feeling that something is not quite 'right' about it...

She questions anything that she's not heard of before, as I've said.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:10 pm

Bull crap. All it shows is that kids are curious...about anything. Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids - Page 2 2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Bull crap.  All it shows is that kids are curious...about anything.  Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids - Page 2 2190311264

damn right

i remember one of our visits to london with the kids. actually i think we may have been in camden and my eldest suddenly said ''daddy, when can i get a hat like that? i want one, when can i?''. we turned to look and saw some punk dudes and one specifically that he was looking at had kinda lisa simpson style points all over his head like a star shape and it was jet black with luminous bluey green end bits. we cracked up and explained that it was actually this guy's hair. our eldest just woudn't believe us so hubby walked up to bloke and said ''excuse me can my son touch your hair, he cant believe it's actually hair and he's convinced your wearing a hat''. it was a young german guy and he was so obliging, he laughed and quite happily submitted to all my kids touching his hair and oohing and aahing over it

Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids - Page 2 3489511464 Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids - Page 2 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:22 pm

lol!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Bull crap.  All it shows is that kids are curious...about anything.  Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids - Page 2 2190311264

Absolutely. And my kids are as open minded as me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:32 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Me and eddie have explained (on a few occasions because I don't think she's that interested) to our little girl that sometimes men like other men the way most men like women, and the same for women.

So... let me try to understand what you are saying...!?

You have to keep explaining this to a child who has never heard of it before... apart from all the other times she has asked about it and you have explained it to her... although its something she's not interested in it at all, although it's something she has asked about many times... but not heard of before...!?

WTF!!!???

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:38 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Rolling Eyes

More outright anti-science bullshit on Tommy's part...

Now he he creates the total fallacy of children having an "..innate sense of what is right or wrong...!"  --  when what he is clearly referring to is whatever beliefs that child has picked up over the first few years of his/her life..      

Humans are not born with instincts, nor any kind of 'moral compass'.

And the idiot Tommy accuses me of "waffle"..

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:39 pm

tommy, you don't get kids

just because they're momentarily curious about something and will ask, doesn't necessarily mean that the topic is of any real importance to them so information wouldn't be guaranteed to be taken in and remembered. just curiosity satisfied for that particular moment

you know you're starting to sound a bit obsessed

for the record, if a young grandchild of yours for example (if you have any) or any young child said to you ''my friend has two dads and they all live together, why is that?'' how would you yourself address that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:39 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Me and eddie have explained (on a few occasions because I don't think she's that interested) to our little girl that sometimes men like other men the way most men like women, and the same for women.

You have to keep explaining this to a child who has never heard of it before... apart from all the other times she has asked about it and you have explained it to her... although its something she's not interested in it at all, although it's something she has asked about many times... but not heard of before...!?

WTF!!!???

lol!

Tommy, let me tell you something. Eddie, my wife, HATES lying. If I was lying about any of this, she would be all over me on this thread.

So why don't you ask her?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:49 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

WTF!!!???

lol!

Tommy, let me tell you something. Eddie, my wife, HATES lying. If I was lying about any of this, she would be all over me on this thread.

So why don't you ask her?

I am merely repeating your various claims...

Which are clearly contradictory...!

So... logic dictates that at least some of your claims must be false!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:53 pm

gelico wrote:

just because they're momentarily curious about something and will ask, doesn't necessarily mean that the topic is of any real importance to them so information wouldn't be guaranteed to be taken in and remembered.  just curiosity satisfied for that particular moment

for the record, if a young grandchild of yours for example (if you have any) or any young child said to you ''my friend has two dads and they all live together, why is that?''  how would you yourself address that?

Why do you think a child would be asking that...!?

Unless they had an innate feeling that there was something not 'right' about it...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
gelico wrote:

just because they're momentarily curious about something and will ask, doesn't necessarily mean that the topic is of any real importance to them so information wouldn't be guaranteed to be taken in and remembered.  just curiosity satisfied for that particular moment

for the record, if a young grandchild of yours for example (if you have any) or any young child said to you ''my friend has two dads and they all live together, why is that?''  how would you yourself address that?

Unless they had an innate feeling that there was something not 'right' about it...!?

How many times does it have to be explained to you?

Sometimes the facts don't fit your agenda, Tommy.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:00 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
gelico wrote:

it's not about being ''not right'' tommy

if a child lives with mum and dad, then any other kids lifestyle that doesn't match their own is a curiosity. it would be the same if the child was talking about a friend from a single parent family ''my friend only lives with his dad and not his mum, why is that?'' or ''my friend only lives with his mum and not his dad, why is that''?

you didn't answer my question

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:02 am

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

How many times does it have to be explained to you?

Sometimes the facts don't fit your agenda, Tommy.

Your explanations don't add up...

Even young kids know, with their innate knowledge, that a baby will have a mother and a father...!

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:02 am

Children do NOT have an 'innate sense of right and wrong' tommy. You obviously have little experience with children.

For starters, without being watched, they:
Walk into the road without looking
Put fingers in plug sockets
Pull a cats tail
Squash insects without remorse  Laughing
Some bully, having no empathy

All in all, not great for beings you think 'have an innate sense' of anything.

On the other hand they are innately curious. They ask about anything new to them. Like:
Why a man might have long hair (my hard rocker uncle was forever the uncle with girly hair to my sisters growing up lol)
Why their pet died
Why someone has green eyes (or two different coloured eyes!)
Why someone has a 'sticky outy' belly button...
Or why two men are holding hands like men and women sometimes do.

All of which can be explained in seconds and which a child will likely forget in seconds following the endless barrage of WHYs throughout a given day lol.

Your take is woefully simplistic.

And the book isn't promoting anything but acceptance.

Last edited by Eilzel on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:03 am

Tommy, are you a parent? Sorry Raggs - a step-parent?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:08 am

gelico wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

if a child lives with mum and dad,  then any other kids lifestyle that doesn't match their own is a curiosity.  it would be the same if the child was talking about a friend from a single parent family ''my friend only lives with his dad and not his mum, why is that?'' or ''my friend only lives with his mum and not his dad, why is that''?

I think you've just answered your own question... and confirmed my point...

As you've said... the question would be why living with only mum and not dad too... or why living with only dad and not mum too...!!!

Not questioning why living with only mum and where is mum number 2... or why living with only dad and where is dad number 2...!!!

Young children have an innate knowledge and understanding that a child will have a mum and a dad...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:15 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
gelico wrote:

if a child lives with mum and dad,  then any other kids lifestyle that doesn't match their own is a curiosity.  it would be the same if the child was talking about a friend from a single parent family ''my friend only lives with his dad and not his mum, why is that?'' or ''my friend only lives with his mum and not his dad, why is that''?

I think you've just answered your own question... and confirmed my point...

As you've said... the question would be why living with only mum and not dad too... or why living with only dad and not mum too...!!!

Not questioning why living with only mum and where is mum number 2... or why living with only dad and where is dad number 2...!!!

Young children have an innate knowledge and understanding that a child will have a mum and a dad...!!!

Rolling Eyes

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy..

Get it through your idiot thick skull, you fascist mongrel...

Children do not have an "innate" sense of right and wrong..

As with climate change and evolution  --  no matter how many times you come on here with your fallacies and fairytales, you cannot change the facts to suit your own twisted agendas.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:17 am

Eilzel wrote:Children do NOT have an 'innate sense of right and wrong' tommy. You obviously have little experience with children.

Pull a cats tail

On the other hand they are innately curious. They ask about anything new to them. Like:
Why a man might have long hair (my hard rocker uncle was forever the uncle with girly hair to my sisters growing up lol)
Why their pet died

All of which can be explained in seconds and which a child will likely forget in seconds following the endless barrage of WHYs throughout a given day lol.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about!!!

The scientific studies confirm what I say!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:22 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Children do NOT have an 'innate sense of right and wrong' tommy. You obviously have little experience with children.

Pull a cats tail

Why their pet died

You obviously don't know what you're talking about!!!

The scientific studies confirm what I say!!!

I've taught children, tommy. I have first hand experience of what children know and don't know. If you observed the world yourself a little better you would notice some of the examples I mentioned too.

I gave you concrete examples proving my point: unless you want to argue against any of those points?

The research you cite, as usual probably doesn't say what you think it does.

As clearly demonstrated in my post, children will always asked about things that are new to them. Not wrong, but new.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:28 am

Do your own research... then try telling me that I am making false claims...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:31 am

Children are not born sensing what's right or wrong, they learn by example, if a kid was brought up in the jungle by a gorilla and his zebra mate that would be normal to that child.

If a small child asks a question simple is usually best...eg, how did that baby get in your tummy? 'Daddy put it there'...have another biscuit.  Laughing
If you start going on about sperm and vagina's they probably wont even be listening....short and sweet is the best way.
Same with homosexuality....if a kid asks why are those men kissing....'cos they like each other' should suffice.

That always worked for me anyway. Laughing

Last edited by Syl on Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:33 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Do your own research... then try telling me that I am making false claims...!?

FAIL!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next