NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids

+9
'Wolfie
nicko
Maddog
Ben Reilly
eddie
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Vintage
13 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids Empty Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:43 pm

A group of around 20 parents are threatening to remove their children from a primary school with a gay assistant head teacher, after claiming it is “over-promoting LGBT movements”.

Parkfield Community School in Saltley, Birmingham, has been criticised by some parents for piloting a programme called No Outsiders, run by Andrew Moffat MBE, which challenges discrimination, including homophobia, in schools.

Books being read as part of the programme at the 770-pupil school, where 23 nationalities are represented, include Mommy, Mama and Me and King & King – stories about same-sex relationships and marriages.

But furious mum-of-three Fatima Shah has already taken her 10-year-old daughter out of school in protest, and has started a petition to halt the lessons.

She told HuffPost UK: “It’s inappropriate, totally wrong. Children are being told it’s OK to be gay yet 98% of children at this school are Muslim. It’s a Muslim community.

“I’ve taken my daughter out and other parents have too. I’ve been threatened with a fine and told my daughter will be removed from the school register if I continue but I have no choice.”

In 2016 Parkfield Community school was awarded Outstanding status by Ofsted and the No Outsiders scheme was highlighted as a key strength. A year later, Moffat was awarded an MBE for services to equality and diversity in education.

But Shad said Moffat’s programme is against her Islamic beliefs. “My daughter  came home and told me am I OK to be a boy? It’s confusing children about sexuality.”

Shah said she would be keeping her daughter at home until “something is done”. The mother said she had been paying for £20-per-hour home tuition instead.

While Shah is against the programme at Parkfield, the 29-year-old insists “gay people should be treated with mutual respect”.

She added: “We believe in fundamental British values and believe gay people should be treated with mutual respect and without prejudice or discrimination just like any other human being.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mums-protest-outside-school-for-promoting-homosexuality-to-their-kids_uk_5c4f0fb0e4b0e1872d45e941

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/councillor-backs-Muslim-mums-who-15736394

Back to top Go down

Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids Empty Re: Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:32 pm

this is what happens with identity politics

sooner or later,,,,,,,

Back to top Go down

Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids Empty Re: Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids

Post by Vintage Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:44 pm

There seems to be too much emphasis on this subject, more promoting than learning to include, on the other hand although the school is mainly Muslim children, in a Muslim Community, the law of the land they live in says there must be no discrimination of LGBT persons. These children have to mix with all kinds of people when they get into the workforce unless it'll be a totally Muslim existence for them and they cut themselves off from the rest of us.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:53 pm

Vintage wrote:There seems to be too much emphasis on this subject, more promoting than learning to include, on the other hand although the school is mainly Muslim children, in a Muslim Community, the law of the land they live in says there must be no discrimination of LGBT persons. These children have to mix with all kinds of people when they get into the workforce unless it'll be a totally Muslim existence for them and they cut themselves off from the rest of us.

The book is simple not just about the LGBT Vintage. Its about inclusion and deals with racism, disabilities, mental health ect. So its basically teaching kids to acceptance. Which I think all kids should learn. So I agree with your last points but do not think anything is being promoted. When the view is acceptance.

I mean what next?

Are they going to pull out children, when taught about Christianity. When Muslims view Christianity as a lie?

Muslims have to accept and learn people will be different to them and some of their beliefs. Just as many kids are taught today about also Islam

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:08 pm

Homosexuality should not be being taught to children.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:10 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Homosexuality should not be being taught to children.

Acceptance is being taught here

So why should children not learn and understand some people are gay?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:26 pm

Thor wrote:

Didge is right. That's the point. This isn't a story about homosexuality at all. It's about inclusion. When did inclusion become 'anti-' anything?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:30 pm

It seems to be the homosexuality part in particular that's causing the upset though .

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:34 pm

Vintage wrote:It seems to be the homosexuality part in particular that's causing the upset though .

That's down the "them". I only know what I read, but it appears the class is taught uniformly to teach inclusion, including all groups.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:34 pm

I don't think it's relevant that a lot of the kids are Muslims. The law of this land is that gay people have equal rights and are entitled to live without being abused. Young people need to learn that, whatever their religion.

I do think the kids are a bit young to be learning about this sort of thing. Mummy and Daddy books never appealed to me anyway. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:36 pm

Thor wrote:

No... it is confusing children and promoting sexually deviant behaviour.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think it's relevant that a lot of the kids are Muslims. The law of this land is that gay people have equal rights and are entitled to live without being abused.

I do think the kids are a bit young to be learning about this sort of thing. Mummy and Daddy books never appealed to me anyway. Laughing

I nearly fainted at your first sentence Rags..  ...   Laughing

Why is it too young for kids to understand what they see daily in life?

Same sex couples arm in arm in love?

It helps them understand accpetance

Its why I do not buy the drivel of the Muslim lady in the article, as she clearly is not in acceptance of homosexuals

Its not sex education that is being taught, but acceptance and she claims she respects their rights, but contradicts and claims kids should not be taught to accept being taught that some people are homosexual.

So if she respects ther law, why would she be against a book that seeks to accept all groups of people into society

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thor wrote:

No... it is confusing children and promoting sexually deviant behaviour.

What deviant behaviour is that Tommy?

Where do kids witness this deviant behaviour?

Is two gay women holding hands deviant to you?

I would say the confusion is coming based on the parents and people like you with bigotry. As you simple are unable to accept gay people

Hence many other children do not suffer any such confusion

Hence you are the problem here, as is this Muslim mother, who clearly is not in acceptance of gay people, no matter how badly she spins a lie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think it's relevant that a lot of the kids are Muslims. The law of this land is that gay people have equal rights and are entitled to live without being abused. Young people need to learn that, whatever their religion.

Law vs. religion. We've had the problem in the US with the LDS. The Mormons believe in plural marriages, as well as marriage of young females as soon as puberty strikes. They teach, God want's you to multiply!

It's a clash of conceptions. The law says NO. The religion says yes...rather forcefully. The law must put its foot down. But the culture creeps through. I know some peace officers in Utah and northern Arizona who have multiple wives. Talk about a contradiction.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think it's relevant that a lot of the kids are Muslims. The law of this land is that gay people have equal rights and are entitled to live without being abused.

Its why I do not buy the drivel of the Muslim lady in the article, as she clearly is not in acceptance of homosexuals

Its not sex education that is being taught, but acceptance and she claims she respects their rights, but contradicts and claims kids should not be taught to accept being taught that some people are homosexual.

So if she respects ther law, why would she be against a book that seeks to accept all groups of people into society

Why did you nearly faint at my first sentence?

OK, as long as it's not sex education I don't really care what the books are about. They sound a bit boring anyway. Books about kids having adventures were always more interesting.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

OK, as long as it's not sex education I don't really care what the books are about. They sound a bit boring anyway. Books about kids having adventures were always more interesting.

Because i agree with that first sentence Rags   Laughing

The book is not sex education and is being construed to seem that it is by some of these Muslims

In other words, they are lying to say they homosexuals should be treated with respect

By their stance, they are showing the complete opposite. As they believe homosexuality is wrong

Okay, can you call 999, your very last sentence made my heart stop working at the shock of again being in agreement   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:47 pm

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The book is not sex education and is being construed to seem that it is by some of these Muslims

In other words, they are lying to say they homosexuals should be treated with respect

By their stance, they are showing the complete opposite. As they believe homosexuality is wrong

Okay, can you call 999, your very last sentence made my heart stop working at the shock of again being in agreement   Laughing

We'd better make the most of it as it's unlikely to happen again. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

We'd better make the most of it as it's unlikely to happen again. Laughing

lol!

You deserve a thanks for that Rags

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:40 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thor wrote:

Didge is right.  That's the point.  This isn't a story about homosexuality at all.  It's about inclusion.  When did inclusion become 'anti-' anything?

Agreed.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:42 pm

Me and eddie have explained (on a few occasions because I don't think she's that interested) to our little girl that sometimes men like other men the way most men like women, and the same for women.

Is that promoting homosexuality? Or just helping a kid understand something about the world?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:45 pm

On that note....

Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids 0b991010
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:51 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Me and eddie have explained (on a few occasions because I don't think she's that interested) to our little girl that sometimes men like other men the way most men like women, and the same for women.

Is that promoting homosexuality? Or just helping a kid understand something about the world?

"Eddie and I..."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:52 pm

eddie wrote:On that note....

Mums Protest Outside Birmingham School For 'Promoting Homosexuality' To Kids 0b991010

So Cute.......!!!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:53 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:Me and eddie have explained (on a few occasions because I don't think she's that interested) to our little girl that sometimes men like other men the way most men like women, and the same for women.

There is teaching the normal and natural way of things and the biological 'mechanics' of reproduction etc... and then the addition of a small caveat that sometimes there are small number of men who like men and women who like women etc... but this should also be told with the truth that this is not the norm and not possible for reproduction as this is between a male and female...

Then there is the over the top promotion of homosexuality that is really going on in schools!

The first is what should be the way of teaching... the second is the wrong way of teaching and should never be happening!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:54 pm

Original Quill wrote:

"Eddie and I..."

Sometimes proper grammar is stilted and off-putting compared to the colloquial. Don't give me any of your elite-university privilege!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:56 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

There is teaching the normal and natural way of things and the biological 'mechanics' of reproduction etc... and then the addition of a small caveat that sometimes there are small number of men who like men and women who like women etc... but this should also be told with the truth that this is not the norm and not possible for reproduction as this is between a male and female...

Then there is the over the top promotion of homosexuality that is really going on in schools!

The first is what should be the way of teaching... the second is the wrong way of teaching and should never be happening!

Well, we don't say that one way is "natural" or imply that anything is "unnatural" about it, nor have we gone into the reproductive aspect of it. We're never going to say that it's "not the norm" because it implies that there's something wrong with being gay.

I know you think there is - but don't tell us how to teach our kid.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:

"Eddie and I..."

why were you explaining anything?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:59 pm

gelico wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

"Eddie and I..."

why were you explaining anything?

To clarify. Ben understands...he is a journalist. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:01 pm

i think perhaps you should teach your little girl to say this to any future gay person she may meet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxH_vWIIMkM

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:02 pm

I'm sorry to be personal, but the child already has a father, yes?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm sorry to be personal, but the child already has a father, yes?

Of course she does, and now she has a stepdad as a bonus.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm sorry to be personal, but the child already has a father, yes?

Yes she does. And he’s a great father. But Ben is a big part of her life and when she has asked him, numerous times, if she can call him “dad” he has replied “No honey, you already have a daddy, but I can be your friend and you’re my favourite little girl”
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:08 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Yes, stepfather, but you often refer to her as your daughter - she's your stepdaughter.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:09 pm

eddie wrote:

Yes she does. And he’s a great father. But Ben is a big part of her life and when she has asked him, numerous times, if she can call him “dad” he has replied “No honey, you already have a daddy, but I can be your friend and you’re my favourite little girl”

That's how I handled it with my step daughter. Then he and I walked her down the aisle a few months ago. But he really wasn't a good dad and her and I know that. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:

Yes, stepfather, but you often refer to her as your daughter - she's your stepdaughter.

This is true, but she does feel like a daughter to me. Anyway, that's not really the topic of this thread.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:11 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

That's how I handled it with my step daughter. Then he and I walked her down the aisle a few months ago. But he really wasn't a good dad and her and I know that. Wink  

My daughter has very good male role models in her life...her dad, her brother (who’s possibly going to Cambridge university and is a fantastic brother), Ben - who is showing her that a “stranger” can be loved and trusted and a couple of good uncles.

That pleases me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:12 pm

eddie wrote:

I'm pleased to hear that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:14 pm

Why do you feel the need to keep going out of your way to keep going on about it to a little girl who (you admit) is not that interested...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:15 pm

eddie wrote:

sounds perfect

in any case it doesn't matter who is in your child's life nor what she calls them - as long as they are a loving positive influence in her life that's all that matters

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:16 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Why do you feel the need to keep going out of your way to keep going on about it to a little girl who (you admit) is not that interested...!?

We only talk about it when she brings it up.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

I'm pleased to hear that.

We are all very sensible people and I am very truthful yet delicate around matters regarding my children. She’s a happy happy happy girl and truthfully, she just really likes Ben. They get on well and she calls him the “happy man”

Ps. He ain’t always happy. Sometimes he’s a grouchy bastard. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:16 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

This is true, but she does feel like a daughter to me. Anyway, that's not really the topic of this thread.

I know - it just grinds my gears.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:16 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

he said a few times, and she may well have asked

it's not going on about it

just gradual bits of information here and there is all

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:17 pm

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:

sounds perfect

in any case it doesn't matter who is in your child's life nor what she calls them - as long as they are a loving positive influence in her life that's all that matters

Exactly Gels.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:19 pm

gelico wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

he said a few times, and she may well have asked

it's not going on about it

just gradual bits of information here and there is all

My niece (her cousin) is very close to us and is bisexual. My cousin’s son is gay. The topic came up, she asked, we answered. She listened then asked for a biscuit.
As kids do.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:20 pm

There's many a real dad who's not a dad, and many a dad who's not really a dad, but is a real Dad to his Step-Daughter ! Does that make sense ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:21 pm

nicko wrote:There's many a real dad who's not a dad,   and many a dad who's not really a dad,  but is a real Dad to his Step-Daughter ! Does that make sense ?  

yes it does nicko, at least it does to me

well said

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:24 pm

nicko wrote:There's many a real dad who's not a dad,   and many a dad who's not really a dad,  but is a real Dad to his Step-Daughter ! Does that make sense ?  

Thanks, nicko, you really get it and that really touched me. Eddie has said things like that to me before.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:25 pm

This is my last comment on this matter as we are detailing the thread.

I hope when my ex finds a woman and falls in love my daughter really likes her too.

Positive role models...can a child ever have too many?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:27 pm

Yes, but the girl has a good father. When there's a break up involving children, I think it's important that the role of a parent is not taken over in any way.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next