NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well this sounds familiar.

+2
'Wolfie
Maddog
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Well this sounds familiar.   - Page 4 Empty Well this sounds familiar.

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:18 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/native-american-claims-racial-harassment-by-emu-students-dressed-as-indians

An Ypsilanti man says he was trying to teach a few students dressed in American Indian theme party about respecting Native Americans.

Not long afterward, Nathan Phillips said that an interaction with party-goers and students turned ugly.

Nathan Phillips says he was out for a noon walk on a Saturday in mid-April.
He walked by a home where he saw Eastern Michigan University students dressed as Native Americans.

"They had little feathers on, I was just going to walk by," Phillips said. "A group of them said 'Come on over, come here.'"

He says he walked over to the fence and saw roughly 30 to 40 students involved in a theme party.

"They had their face painted," Phillips said. "I said what the heck is going on here. 'Oh we are honoring you.' I said no you are not honoring me."

It was a statement he says they took offense to.

"Then started whooping and hollering," he said. "I said that wasn't honoring, that was racist. Then at that time, it really got ugly."

Phillips says he was bombarded with racial slurs.

"(They said) 'Go back to the reservation, you blank indian,'" he said.

One student, he says, threw a beer can at him.

"If I would have stayed where I was at, it would have hit me in the head," he said. "I backed up and it hit me in the chest."

He had seen enough at that point and says he called the police.

"By the time police got there, it was like there was no party

there at all," he said.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Well this sounds familiar.   - Page 4 Empty Re: Well this sounds familiar.

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:23 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:Notice how the alt right media has started an all out war on this individual

They are doing what normally I castigate the left over.

They are trying each and ervery way to try and deligitimize this Native indian

It proves my point on the ugligness that has descended the US

In the end they will descend into civil war with their hate the extreme right and left in the US

It's only what he tried to do to those boys, and it's only what the left/liberal media also did to them. He was the one who drew attention to it all by telling porkies, so he should face the music.

Rolling Eyes

You really have become an outright nasty and racist lying piece of white supremacist shit these last few weeks, Ragga'  !!!

Even when the video and photo's prove your opinions wrong, you keep on posting up this Repub'/Trumpster/corporatist propaganda crap to back your arrogant stupidity..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:08 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's only what he tried to do to those boys, and it's only what the left/liberal media also did to them. He was the one who drew attention to it all by telling porkies, so he should face the music.

Rolling Eyes

You really have become an outright nasty and racist lying piece of white supremacist shit these last few weeks, Ragga'  !!!

Even when the video and photo's prove your opinions wrong, you keep on posting up this Repub'/Trumpster/corporatist propaganda crap to back your arrogant stupidity..

Well ain't you a breath of fresh air?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:14 am

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Angry?

I'm laughing at a dumbass, and defense of said dumbass.

By your demeaning language in sentences?

i would say you have been completely triggered by this all lol

Bless

Triggered would describe the reaction Philips had when he saw those boys in red hats. What else could explain him saying he was afraid?

I'm just mocking the dumbass.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:32 am

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

By your demeaning language in sentences?

i would say you have been completely triggered by this all lol

Bless

Triggered would describe the reaction Philips had when he saw those boys in red hats. What else could explain him saying he was afraid?

Lol, you really seem quite the hateful individual

Shame really, otheriwse you are not a bad bloke

This man along with others is a man of peace who stood protesting a pipeland in indigeneus lands and has to deal with mindless hateful individuals like you all his life

I am sure he is not going to lose any sleep over how someone of your inner hatred, has demeaning views of him

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:38 am

The "Make America Great Again" hats worn by several Covington Catholic students in a viral video had no place at the March for Life, the bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lexington wrote Wednesday.

In an op-ed published by the Lexington Herald-Leader, the Rev. John Stowe said he joined the Diocese of Covington and other Catholic leaders "in apologizing in the wake of this incident."

The students wearing pro-Trump apparel at the March for Life in Washington, D.C., is problematic, he said.

"I am ashamed that the actions of Kentucky Catholic high school students have become a contradiction of the very reverence for human life that the (March for Life) is supposed to manifest," Stowe wrote. "As such, I believe that U.S. Catholics must take a look at how our support of the fundamental right to life has become separated from the even more basic truth of the dignity of each human person."

"It astonishes me that any students participating in a pro-life activity on behalf of their school and their Catholic faith could be wearing apparel sporting the slogans of a president who denigrates the lives of immigrants, refugees and people from countries that he describes with indecent words and haphazardly endangers with life-threatening policies," he wrote.

"We cannot uncritically ally ourselves with someone with whom we share the policy goal of ending abortion."

https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/01/24/kentucky-bishop-no-maga-hats-worn-covington-catholic-students/2669250002/

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:16 am

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Wink

Too true that,  SmartDog...

These discussions need the kind of no-bullshit, tell-it-as-it-is frank honesty that I bring to these discussions occasionally,  to point out the pathetic and greed-inspired pro-corporatist and anti-indigenous propoganda that you, Raggamuffintopski and gelibelico are fegularly peppering these threads with these days..

"Libertarians" supposedly stand for individualism and protecting personal rights and freedoms, including property rights.

Here you are, however --   defending fascist bullies harassing peaceful individuals, and backing the oil and mining companies trying to overrun the native communities (ably supported by US gov't agencies -- most notably the FBI..).

Go figure !        pirat
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:55 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Rolling Eyes

They don't prove me wrong though, they show I'm right. The man has tried to damage the lives of these boys, and now some people are delving into his other claims and finding that he's not really what he claims to be. That's the problem with stirring up trouble - it's likely to backfire on you.

What does this have to do with race anyway?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:58 am

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

This man along with others is a man of peace who stood protesting a pipeland in indigeneus lands and has to deal with mindless hateful individuals like you all his life

I am sure he is not going to lose any sleep over how someone of your inner hatred, has demeaning views of him

You mean pipeline? These incidents were nothing to do with pipelines or land.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:18 am

Thor wrote:The "Make America Great Again" hats worn by several Covington Catholic students in a viral video had no place at the March for Life, the bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lexington wrote Wednesday.

In an op-ed published by the Lexington Herald-Leader, the Rev. John Stowe said he joined the Diocese of Covington and other Catholic leaders "in apologizing in the wake of this incident."

The students wearing pro-Trump apparel at the March for Life in Washington, D.C., is problematic, he said.

"I am ashamed that the actions of Kentucky Catholic high school students have become a contradiction of the very reverence for human life that the (March for Life) is supposed to manifest," Stowe wrote. "As such, I believe that U.S. Catholics must take a look at how our support of the fundamental right to life has become separated from the even more basic truth of the dignity of each human person."

"It astonishes me that any students participating in a pro-life activity on behalf of their school and their Catholic faith could be wearing apparel sporting the slogans of a president who denigrates the lives of immigrants, refugees and people from countries that he describes with indecent words and haphazardly endangers with life-threatening policies," he wrote.

"We cannot uncritically ally ourselves with someone with whom we share the policy goal of ending abortion."

https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/news/2019/01/24/kentucky-bishop-no-maga-hats-worn-covington-catholic-students/2669250002/

What's your point? Are you siding with the Catholic Church now? You'll be singing its praises soon, after years of slating it. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:21 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Wink

These discussions need the kind of no-bullshit, tell-it-as-it-is frank honesty that I bring to these discussions occasionally,  to point out the pathetic and greed-inspired pro-corporatist and anti-indigenous propoganda that you, Raggamuffintopski and gelibelico are fegularly peppering these threads with these days..

"Libertarians" supposedly stand for individualism and protecting personal rights and freedoms, including property rights.

Here you are, however --   defending fascist bullies harassing peaceful individuals, and backing the oil and mining companies trying to overrun the native communities (ably supported by US gov't agencies --  most notably the FBI..).

Go figure !        pirat

There's nothing honest about you, and you bring nothing to debates on here. You generally only post to abuse someone.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:12 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Wink

Here you are, however --   defending fascist bullies harassing peaceful individuals, and backing the oil and mining companies trying to overrun the native communities (ably supported by US gov't agencies --  most notably the FBI..).

Go figure !        pirat

If you are talking about the Dakota Pipeline, that wasn't on Native property.  I'm not saying they weren't claiming it was their property, but the deed wasn't in their name.  

In any event, that has nothing to do with this fraud beating a drum in the face of a child for wearing a scary hat.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:15 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I have nothing against people of any race.  I'm not hateful.  I think Phillips is a fraud in the vein of Shaun King or Al Sharpton.  

I doubt those two care what I think about them either.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:02 pm

It was the indigenous natives who were the bullies in the incident re the church. They were harassing peaceful people who were just there for a service.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:55 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

I have nothing against people of any race.  I'm not hateful.  I think Phillips is a fraud in the vein of Shaun King or Al Sharpton.  

Except in this case where you believe multiple white kids over one American Indian

You do realise that?

I have been open to the views of the smirking kid and could be wrong

I even exprerssed views on this

What i stated is that there is no excuse for the mockery but some of these kids

You have attempted to excuse that and do what most propnents of identy politics do and more so on the left

Try to deligitmise people

I am open always to the possibility i can be wrong, are you?

What I saw with my own eyes was this

Some kids did mock and laugh at him

How is that ever going to be right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:16 pm

A lot of backtracking going on I see

social media deletions and apologies

Mainstream media deleting previous versions and putting out versions that actually coincide with the video footage

law firms falling over each other to represent the families

The Bishop of Covington has written a letter of apology to the parents of the boys and says he confident that the investigation will exonerate them

FFS! Even Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar admitted they fucked up

whoopie: ''why do we keep doing this? we see a couple of minutes of video and automatically jump to certain conclusions. why?''

joy: ''because we hate Trump so much''

i mean, that says it all

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Except in this case where you believe multiple white kids over one American Indian

You do realise that?

You have attempted to excuse that and do what most propnents of identy politics do and more so on the left

There were several American Indians with him. He chose to approach them and he selected one boy, in an evil hat to have a "stare off" with.

Yes, some of them mocked him. I guess they were not impressed with his antic and thought he was batshit crazy.

Maybe he should just do his thing and stay away from people?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:25 pm

How the left media work

Blame Trump and supporters

How the Conservative media work

Attack the victim, that was mocked

One groups stands unscaved in all of this, that actually created the situation in the first place by the media

Hence the ugnliness of sheeps drawn to the right and the left

One thing this has shown me, is that people need to stop pandering to idiots on the left and right

Two groups were vilified here. One being the white kids, though we know some were disrespectful and hateful by other videos and one Native Indian. Who has been on the end of a right wing media campaighn against him to deligitmise him

Is he innocen t in al this?

By his actions on the day?

Yes

In his actions afterwards?

No

But one group comes out of this clean and unscaved

The black supreamcists

Sorry gelico, you are nothing but a right wing puppet

I no lobnger what to associate with either the right or left.

Youa re as hateful as each other an the last few days has proved that

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:27 pm

gelico wrote:

Mainstream media deleting previous versions and putting out versions that actually coincide with the video footage

The Bishop of Covington has written a letter of apology to the parents of the boys and says he confident that the investigation will exonerate them

FFS!  Even Whoopi Goldberg and Joy Behar admitted they fucked up

whoopie:  ''why do we keep doing this?  we see a couple of minutes of video and automatically jump to certain conclusions.  why?''

joy:  ''because we hate Trump so much''

i mean, that says it all

Rolling Eyes

It's the fucking hat.

It has the power to make normally sane people lose their fucking mind. It's why Phillips ignored the black men calling the boys niggers and faggots and instead chose a boy to have a confrontation with. He picked a boy with the evil hat.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:28 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

You do realise that?

There were several American Indians with him. He chose to approach them and he selected one boy, in an evil hat to have a "stare off" with.

Yes, some of them mocked him. I guess they were not impressed with his antic and thought he was batshit crazy.

So more excuses and you claim that they were not impressed with Native Indian songs

So you are saying the kids suffer from a prejudice from a percived view of mentalism

So to you, a native American indian playing a tradional song is bat shit crazy

Is that not more evidence on my point on subconcious racial prejudice?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:32 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So more excuses and you claim that they were not impressed with Native Indian songs

So you are saying the kids suffer from a prejudice from  a percived view of mentalism

There is a time and a place to play a song. In the midst of a bunch of white kids waiting for the bus isn't it.

There are street musicians where I live. They don't walk up to people and play music 2 feet from their face. They stand around and play. If you want to listen, you can walk over and listen. Everyone gets along that way.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:35 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

So you are saying the kids suffer from a prejudice from  a percived view of mentalism

There is a time and a place to play a song. In the midst of a bunch of white kids waiting for the bus isn't it.

There are street musicians where I live. They don't walk up to people and play music 2 feet from their face. They stand around and play. If you want to listen, you can walk over and listen. Everyone gets along that way.  

Really? Where is there a time and place to play a song?

In a Totalitarian society?

So they are playing in poblic, knowing people have to walk past them, right?

Based on your reasoning, is that not them being in peoples faces?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:39 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

He could have played it where he was standing when the boy in the red hat scared him.

Bye!!
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:39 pm

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No, it's not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

No, it's not.

Baed on what?

Did everyone approve them to play?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:42 pm

gelico wrote:

whoopie:  ''why do we keep doing this?  we see a couple of minutes of video and automatically jump to certain conclusions.  why?''

i mean, that says it all

Rolling Eyes

Well said gelico... and green from me!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Maddog wrote:
Thor wrote:

He could have played it where he was standing when the boy in the red hat scared him.

Bye!!

He did play it and had people mock him

So let me ask you a question

Your girlfiend is Albanian ethnically and Muslim heritage correct? No mater if the latter

Is she sang, no matter the platform and people mocked her, based around a view of her being Muslim and shouting "Allah akbar" at her Doing mocking sweeping hand gestures to throat slitting.

What would your reaction be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am

Thor wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Bye!!

He did play it and had people mock him

So let me ask you a question

Your girlfiend is Albanian ethnically and Muslim heritage correct? No mater if the latter

Is she sang, no matter the platform and people mocked her, based around a view of her being Muslim and shouting "Allah akbar" at her Doing  mocking sweeping hand gestures to throat slitting.

What would your reaction be?

No answer I guess, as I know you would agree such mocking would be insulting and abhorant. Just as I would find such hate appalling towards your lady

You told this forum you have such a lovely lady as your partner and would never wish to happen to her, anything like this

Maybe when you get angry t Nathan Phillips Maddog. You should try using some empathic intelligence and understand how you would feel, if someone mocked someone you care and love for. As I have no doubt, you would speak out against that and I would back you.

Night and all the best

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:54 pm

Maddog wrote:
gelico wrote:

i mean, that says it all

Rolling Eyes

It's the fucking hat.

It has the power to make normally sane people lose their fucking mind. It's why Phillips ignored the black men calling the boys niggers and faggots and instead chose a boy to have a confrontation with. He picked a boy with the evil hat.    

My God, You're right. It IS the hat

https://twitter.com/RaheemKassam/status/1088681979850227713

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:57 pm

gelico wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's the fucking hat.

My God, You're right.  It IS the hat

https://twitter.com/RaheemKassam/status/1088681979850227713

Well how do you think a native Indin would feel seeing such a hat Gelico

When was America great before, to the view to make it great again?

Before civil rights?

Before womens rights

Before homosexual rights?

When Native Indians were ethnically cleansed?

Can you not see how that would rightly make some people very concerned, as what was this era, when its claimed it was great?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:19 am

The question is - did Phillips have a preconceived idea of the boys because of the hats? If so, he stereotyped them - something I'm sure he doesn't approve of himself.

Maybe there should be a call to "hug a MAGA" like we had "hug a hoodie". Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:55 am

Raggamuffin wrote:The question is - did Phillips have a preconceived idea of the boys because of the hats? If so, he stereotyped them - something I'm sure he doesn't approve of himself.

Maybe there should be a call to "hug a MAGA"  like we had "hug a hoodie". Laughing

Its not the hat that is the potential problem, its what it represents

Same questions to you

Before civil rights?

Before womens rights

Can you not see how that would rightly make some people very concerned, as what was this era, when its claimed it was great?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:58 am

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The question is - did Phillips have a preconceived idea of the boys because of the hats? If so, he stereotyped them - something I'm sure he doesn't approve of himself.

Maybe there should be a call to "hug a MAGA"  like we had "hug a hoodie". Laughing

Same questions to you

Before civil rights?

Before womens rights

Trump didn't want to use "Make America Great" because that would imply that it's always been a failure before.

He's not the first to use the slogan. Ronald Reagan used it, as did Bill Clinton.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

Same questions to you

Before civil rights?

Before womens rights

Trump didn't want to use "Make America Great" because that would imply that it's always been a failure before.

He's not the first to use the slogan. Ronald Reagan used it, as did Bill Clinton.

To make it great again, makes the view, it once was great

As the view is to make America great again

So when was it great?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:12 pm

Thor wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So when was it great?

Ask Trump or Clinton.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

So when was it great?

Ask Trump or Clinton.

Happy to do so, but they are not here, and you are.

So why not answer the question. When was America once great?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thor wrote:

So when was it great?

Ask Trump or Clinton.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN was originally a play on words.  For real southerners, it was originally MAKE AMERICAN WHITE AGAIN.

Ironically, it wasn't even fear of a charge of racism that motivated them change it.  They wanted to broadened the message beyond their cozy little white nationalist group, and so they expanded the slogan to include all of AMERICA.  The covert message is, ALL OF AMERICA IS WHITE RACIST...or to state it more succinctly, ALL OF AMERICA HATES PEOPLE OF COLOR.

It's a rather traditional southern song in the US.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ask Trump or Clinton.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN was originally a play on words.  For real southerners, it was originally MAKE AMERICAN WHITE AGAIN.

Ironically, it wasn't even fear of a charge of racism that motivated them change it.  They wanted to broadened the message beyond their cozy little white nationalist group, and so they expanded the slogan to include all of AMERICA.  The covert message is, ALL OF AMERICA IS WHITE RACIST...or to state it more succinctly, ALL OF AMERICA HATES PEOPLE OF COLOR.

Is that what Reagan and Clinton meant by it then?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:35 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Is that what Reagan and Clinton meant by it then?

What pulled both Reagan and Clinton into use of the nascent slogan—Make America Great Again—was the idea of unity in the shadow of post-World War II.  

What existed prior to the candidacy of Barry Goldwater, in 1964, was a culture of populist racism in the south—segregation and Jim Crow laws—probably worse because it was kept under the rug.  The white nationalist sentiment had not fully evolved into a movement by the times of Reagan and Clinton.  It’s origins were southern populism.

It was Lee Atwater who originally suggested speaking in 'code' to maintain the racism, while not appearing to be offensive.  Atwater was the one who fumigated the language of racist words and made it a palatable platform theme for the Republican Party.  Southerners learned from Atwater how to slip into and out of code, going back and forth to old southern talk.  The underlying Southern Strategy of Atwater and Republican planners, to deodorize the language of southern racism, had only just started with Reagan--Ronald Reagan was the keynote speaker for the Goldwater presidency at Chavez Ravine Stadium in 1964.  I was there and witnessed it.

Clinton was never a racist.  But, as governor of a southern state, Arkansas, he probably had a lot of excess lint in his southern pockets.  Nevertheless, he was attracted to the MAGA sentiment by the unity factor of it.  It is doubtful that he had realized the full meaning of it.

It took a blatant racist like Trump to bring the two meanings together.  In post-Atwater days, the white nationalists had coalesced to the extent having strong self-confidence in their movement.  They had refined the slogan down to MAKE AMERICA WHITE AGAIN, which is what the jingle meant to them—and still does.  After all, they are by now used to using code.

With the advent of Dr. Obama presidency, race became a major factor again.  Prior flirtations with the slogan by Reagan and Clinton fell away, and it became: MAKE AMERICA WHITE AGAIN.  It was picked up by Trump, resanitized for larger consumption, and once again offered as MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

That’s the full story.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:06 pm

Wolf said:

These discussions need the kind of no-bullshit, tell-it-as-it-is frank honesty that I bring to these discussions....

....Raggamuffintopski and gelibelico....

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:20 pm

eddie wrote:Wolf said:

These discussions need the kind of no-bullshit, tell-it-as-it-is frank honesty that I bring to these discussions....

....Raggamuffintopski and gelibelico....

What do you make of that? Cool

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:24 pm

I think he's saying we're fat. Crying or Very sad
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think he's saying we're fat. Crying or Very sad

I think he is trying to make your names sound Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think he's saying we're fat. Crying or Very sad

I rather like "Raggamuffintopski". Some bakers in New York City sell only the tops of muffins...extreme delicacy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4