NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schoolgirl, 11, on her period bleeds through her clothes twice when staff refuse to allow her to go to the toilet

5 posters

Go down

Schoolgirl, 11, on her period bleeds through her clothes twice when staff refuse to allow her to go to the toilet Empty Schoolgirl, 11, on her period bleeds through her clothes twice when staff refuse to allow her to go to the toilet

Post by Guest Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:17 pm

A schoolgirl on her period bled through her clothes twice when staff refused to let her to go to the toilet. The 11-year-old's mother was horrified when she returned home from Cotham School in Bristol with bloodstains on her clothes. The parent, who wanted to protect her daughter’s identity, said she no longer wanted to attend school while on her period and was left feeling 'humiliated'.

'They should not be making young girls feel guilty because she needs to go to the bathroom and sort out her basic care,' she told Bristol Live.

‘Now, she’s scared to go to school in case they won’t let her out of the classroom, that’s not what we should be teaching girls.’

After the mother repeatedly complained to the school, teachers issued her daughter with a toilet pass.

The first incident happened in September when the girl asked to go to the bathroom in a lesson after realising she was on her period, but the teacher said no.

The school vowed this would not happened again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6591765/Schoolgirl-period-bleeds-clothes-twice-staff-stop-going-loo.html

Back to top Go down

Schoolgirl, 11, on her period bleeds through her clothes twice when staff refuse to allow her to go to the toilet Empty Re: Schoolgirl, 11, on her period bleeds through her clothes twice when staff refuse to allow her to go to the toilet

Post by nicko Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:43 pm

WERE there no Women Teachers there to help her ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Schoolgirl, 11, on her period bleeds through her clothes twice when staff refuse to allow her to go to the toilet Empty Re: Schoolgirl, 11, on her period bleeds through her clothes twice when staff refuse to allow her to go to the toilet

Post by Syl Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:18 pm

The article says the second time this happened it was a male teacher who refused the girl permission.
This surprises me a bit, I would have thought male teachers would have no problem, far preferring the girl to sort herself out quickly and quietly.....some older females on the other hand can be incredibly mean to young women.

Either way the teachers involved should be sacked....idiots.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Syl wrote:The article says the second time this happened it was a male teacher who refused the girl permission.
This surprises me a bit, I would have thought male teachers would have no problem, far preferring the girl to sort herself out quickly and quietly.....some older females on the other hand can be incredibly mean to young women.

Most men, while they may know the mechanics of a period, probably aren't aware of the realities. Which this sad case illustrates.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Perhaps I'm wrong , but I/m only a Man. Did her Mother not tell her what would happen at some time, and tell her to carry a Towel/Tampon ? I know my Daughter did. I draw attention to remark, "second time" , So she knew what would happen ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:17 pm

She probably did have her sanitary protection with her, if not I imagine the girls toilet would have a machine, but if she cant get to the loo in order to sort herself out she would bleed through her clothes if she has a heavy period or has just started her monthly cycle..
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:11 pm

Syl wrote:The article says the second time this happened it was a male teacher who refused the girl permission.

I have 3 daughters. I would have sent the girl, and about 3 female classmates with her for support and whatever, just to get this particular problem out of sight and out of mind. alien
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:49 am

nicko wrote:Perhaps I'm wrong , but I/m only a Man. Did her Mother not tell her what would happen at some time, and tell her to carry a Towel/Tampon ? I know my Daughter did.  I draw attention to remark, "second time" , So she knew what would happen ?

Where's she gonna change it? In full view of the class? Tampons leak you know when they get full.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:36 am

H/T, I said I was a Man Embarassed
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:28 am

nicko wrote:H/T,   I said I was a Man Embarassed

Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Laughing

Ditto.. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:52 pm

Yeah, we know.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down