NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions

+8
Syl
eddie
Fred Moletrousers
nicko
HoratioTarr
Ben Reilly
'Wolfie
Victorismyhero
12 posters

Go down

What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions Empty What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:58 am

what if viruses were jealous bits of DNA thrown out for being useless by the body........and now seek revenge by living as parasites on the system

bit like the left wingers of today really Razz

I couldnt resit
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions Empty Re: What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions

Post by Guest Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:20 am

Lord Foul wrote:what if viruses were jealous bits of DNA thrown out for being useless by the body........and now seek revenge by living as parasites on the system

I couldnt resit

Smile

Back to top Go down

What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions Empty Re: What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:04 am

Lord Foul wrote:
what if viruses were jealous bits of DNA thrown out for being useless by the body........and now seek revenge by living as parasites on the system

I couldnt resit

Suspect

Your narrow definition sounds a lot like a reasonable definition for politicians, corporate lobbyists, trust fund brats, and assorted far-right snowflakes and nationalists, to be fair...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:48 am

Lord Foul wrote:what if viruses were jealous bits of DNA thrown out for being useless by the body........and now seek revenge by living as parasites on the system

I couldnt resit

Yep. You failed and now you can't resit.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:29 pm

What if...

That painting you bought/were bequeathed of the Old New Orleans Mansion at Night, started changing imperceptibly each evening just before bed: First you notice the front door is open a crack, next night, white fingers appear around the door edge, next night you can just make out half a face with black sockets where the eyes should be; next night the figure is starting on it's way down the path; next night, it's halfway down; next night, it's at the edge of the painting; next night....it's gone but there's an odd scuff all the way down the wall and footprints on the carpet.....
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:31 pm

AAAAAAHHHHHHH.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:04 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

I couldnt resit

Suspect

Your narrow definition sounds a lot like a reasonable definition for politicians, corporate lobbyists, trust fund brats, and assorted far-right snowflakes and nationalists, to be fair...

I have just given LF a greenie on the grounds that you ultra Lefties have no bloody sense of humour.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:43 pm

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:00 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:

I couldnt resit

Yep. You failed and now you can't resit.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

You just couldn’t resist that, could you?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:What if...

That painting you bought/were bequeathed of the Old New Orleans Mansion at Night, started changing imperceptibly each evening just before bed:  First you notice the front door is open a crack, next night, white fingers appear around the door edge, next night you can just make out half a face with black sockets where the eyes should be; next night the figure is starting on it's way down the path; next night, it's halfway down; next night, it's at the edge of the painting; next night....it's gone but there's an odd scuff all the way down the wall and footprints on the carpet.....

You have been watching horror films haven't you?. Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:53 am

That painting you bought/were bequeathed of the Old New Orleans Mansion at Night, started changing imperceptibly each evening just before bed:  First you notice the front door is open a crack, next night, white fingers appear around the door edge, next night you can just make out half a face with black sockets where the eyes should be; next night the figure is starting on it's way down the path; next night, it's halfway down; next night, it's at the edge of the painting; next night....it's gone but there's an odd scuff all the way down the wall and footprints on the carpet.....

What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions 6Mlc
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:01 am

That's like the portrait of Dorian Gray.....scary concept.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:52 pm

As for that infamous Oriental Green Lady portrait which is reputed to be spooky and have supernatural qualities as the colour is so un natural - I always felt there might be a far simpler explanation - maybe the artist was a tight git who ran out of the correct paint colour and didn't want to buy any more so he decided to make do with left over green paint instead.  What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions 3489511464

Tretchikoff
What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions _42029586_tretch_felixr_203250

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:37 pm

What if Republicans grew brains, logic and compassion and elected intelligent politicians that actually accomplished something worthwhile for humanity.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Lurker wrote:What if Republicans grew brains, logic and compassion and elected intelligent politicians that actually accomplished something worthwhile for humanity.

The answer to that is that there would be no need for Democrats.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:26 pm

Syl wrote:

I'm actually writing a book at the mo with a painting just like the one with the house. It's in a room called the Yellow Salon, and the MC is going to start seeing things change in it...bit by bit...each time she looks at it. Along with the old coat that keeps moving up and down outside her bedroom and the decayed thing with the alive eyes in the stone vault in the cellar....
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:27 pm

Jules wrote:As for that infamous Oriental Green Lady portrait which is reputed to be spooky and have supernatural qualities as the colour is so un natural - I always felt there might be a far simpler explanation - maybe the artist was a tight git who ran out of the correct paint colour and didn't want to buy any more so he decided to make do with left over green paint instead.  What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions 3489511464

Tretchikoff
What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions _42029586_tretch_felixr_203250

Her expression says bad kebab to me
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:32 pm

I might have posted this before.   This is called The Anguished Man.  It's painted in blood and the damned thing is ghastly to behold.  I've seen it up close and personal.   Reputedly haunted.   All I can say is that we formed a circle round it and the damned thing started to jitter around on the easel!  

What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions The-Anguished-Man-Thumb
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:05 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

I'm actually writing a book at the mo with a painting just like the one with the house.   It's in a room called the Yellow Salon, and the MC is going to start seeing things change in it...bit by bit...each time she looks at it.  Along with the old coat that keeps moving up and down outside her bedroom and the decayed thing with the alive eyes in the stone vault in the cellar....

I am racking my brains because in the distant past I have either read or seen a film similar to what you are writing about.
It might have been a scary kids story, I cant remember because it's buried in the back of my mind.

Your book sounds chilling. affraid
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:55 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I might have posted this before.   This is called The Anguished Man.  It's painted in blood and the damned thing is ghastly to behold.  I've seen it up close and personal.   Reputedly haunted.   All I can say is that we formed a circle round it and the damned thing started to jitter around on the easel!  

What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions The-Anguished-Man-Thumb

Somewhat reminiscent of Edvard Munch's late 19th century painting "The Scream" (or The Cry).
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:32 am

Syl, I think you mean "a picture of Dorian Grey",
The picture got older with the subject, or something like that !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:14 pm

nicko wrote:Syl,   I think you mean "a picture of Dorian Grey",
  The picture got older with the subject,   or something like that !

I know that film Nicko, I saw it yonks ago, it's a brilliant film.

No the one I meant of a scene with a person (may have been a child) in the frame, every time the owner (or that could have been the child) looked at it something had changed in the picture....it was scary.

I have googled but I cant find any clues....I suppose I could have dreamt it. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:19 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Jules wrote:As for that infamous Oriental Green Lady portrait which is reputed to be spooky and have supernatural qualities as the colour is so un natural - I always felt there might be a far simpler explanation - maybe the artist was a tight git who ran out of the correct paint colour and didn't want to buy any more so he decided to make do with left over green paint instead.  What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions 3489511464

Tretchikoff

Her expression says bad kebab to me

Food poisoning? Oh she's wayyy past the septicaemia stage. In medieval times when the heads of executed dissidents were cut off and stuck on poles, that is the colour they turned eventually. She's basically a cadaver with the eyes propped open - which is yet another thing that people used to do with corpses once the camera was invented. Eww.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:34 pm

Nah ghostly spirits are more subtle than that. They hide in your wardrobe all day and come out every night when you're fast asleep and dance silently around your bed, careful not to let the noise from their rattling skeletons wake you up. The odd malevolent one might give you a lil nudge tho, just to see your shocked expression when you realise what's going on . . . . . . mwahahaha

ps: good luck with your novel, hope it does really well, luv.  cheers

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:09 am

Jules wrote:

Nah ghostly spirits are more subtle than that. They hide in your wardrobe all day and come out every night when you're fast asleep and dance silently around your bed, careful not to let the noise from their rattling skeletons wake you up. The odd malevolent one might give you a lil nudge tho, just to see your shocked expression when you realise what's going on . . . . . . mwahahaha

ps: good luck with your novel, hope it does really well, luv.  cheers

thanks. It's still in the early birthing phase lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:25 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I couldnt resit

Bugger that!  Hemorrhoids? What IF...the thread for those unanswerable questions 3489511464

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:06 pm

What if......meteorites were a celestial "knock on the roof warning" by aliens...... affraid affraid
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:18 pm

What if aliens came to Earth and saw people walking dogs; what would they make of it?

I think they'd decide either that:

* Dogs are the infant version of the humans that were walking them, destined to morph into humans

* Humans need dogs to lead them around

* People use dogs as personal protection (bodyguards)
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down