NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pregnant mother blasts Asda after she is forced to haul £200 monthly shop up two flights of stairs because delivery driver REFUSED to help her

5 posters

Go down

Pregnant mother blasts Asda after she is forced to haul £200 monthly shop up two flights of stairs because delivery driver REFUSED to help her Empty Pregnant mother blasts Asda after she is forced to haul £200 monthly shop up two flights of stairs because delivery driver REFUSED to help her

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:27 am

A heavily pregnant mother was forced to carry her £200 monthly shop up two flights of stairs after an Asda delivery driver refused to help her. Amy Natasha Botten, of Feltham, west London, had no choice but to leave her young son crying in her flat as she went to the ground floor to get her groceries. Clearly out of breath, the mother of one videos herself confronting the driver who is seen emptying the contents of his plastic pallets onto the floor.

In the clip, which has been viewed more than 1.2million times on Facebook, she says: 'Can you not help me with this last little bit because my little boy is up there crying his eyes out?'

But he responds: 'I'd rather not.'

She then says: 'You'd rather not? But this is your job.'

Ms Botten also asks him why none of the shopping is in any bags, despite asking for bags in her order. He appears to shrug his shoulders and tell her 'no more bags.'

She asks him again: 'Can you not hear my little boy crying his eyes out?

the driver, who speaks broken English, responds 'Little, no problem. But this..'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6226495/Pregnant-mother-forced-haul-200-weekly-shop-two-flights-stairs.html

Back to top Go down

Pregnant mother blasts Asda after she is forced to haul £200 monthly shop up two flights of stairs because delivery driver REFUSED to help her Empty Re: Pregnant mother blasts Asda after she is forced to haul £200 monthly shop up two flights of stairs because delivery driver REFUSED to help her

Post by nicko Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:35 pm

The rules state that the delivery is to the door, I have Asda delivery, and the driver will bring them into the kitchen . If there's no bags,[for whitch you will be charged 10p each] your grocery's should be in cardboard boxes !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Pregnant mother blasts Asda after she is forced to haul £200 monthly shop up two flights of stairs because delivery driver REFUSED to help her Empty Re: Pregnant mother blasts Asda after she is forced to haul £200 monthly shop up two flights of stairs because delivery driver REFUSED to help her

Post by Vintage Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:53 pm

Asda drivers have to take the delivery up steps in most places around here, some of the steps are in the same league as the Eiger for difficulty, I feel sorry for them. I think she has a point in complaining, of course but why record it and why go to the media.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:58 pm

Another one after her 5 mins of fame......
Is it just me or is this attention seeking "hang it all out in the media/social media" a primarily female thing?????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:47 pm

Pregnant mother blasts Asda after she is forced to haul £200 monthly shop up two flights of stairs because delivery driver REFUSED to help her BREAKINGNEWS
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Another one after her 5 mins of fame......
 Is it just me or is this attention seeking "hang it all out in the media/social media" a primarily female thing?????

Hang on a minute mate

She is heavily pregnant and they are supposed to deliver to the actual door of the flat or house

So she has reason to be pissed here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:17 pm

Oh and why people will go to ther media. Is so they are then not fobbed off by the company.

The moment you make something public. It then forces the hand of the company to act or face bad publicity

Hence to me she did the right thing, because this should not be allowed to be common pratice. When they have a home delivery service

The media helps bring to light such problems

Anyway, this was picked up from facebook, so the media went to her

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:40 pm

4 months isn't heavily pregnant. It depends whether Asda responded positively or not if this was made public.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:22 pm

Vintage wrote:4 months isn't heavily pregnant. It depends whether Asda responded positively or not if this was made public.

Well its clear the article has been edited since they posted this morning where they said heavily pregnant

However it does not matter if she is pregnant or not. Nor would I be happy with someone 4 months pregnant carrying that food and stuff up the stairs. Hence why she had it delivered

They should deliver to the door of her home, not the communal door

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:24 pm

As Asda spokesman said: 'We always try to offer our customers great service but clearly we got it wrong on this occasion and we are truly sorry.

'We have offered our full apologies to Ms Botten and are in contact with her to try and make amends.'

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:57 am

I am with Didge.
Asda got it wrong and have said so.
The delivery should have gone to her front door.
The guy won't make the same error again.
Otherwise he will deservedly be looking for a new job.
And Tesco or Sainsburys won't have him.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down