NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British grandmother, 72, is heartbroken after Nigerian toyboy, 27, who she married three months after he added her on Facebook is refused a UK visa after she spent £20,000 on wedding and flights

+6
Raggamuffin
eddie
Original Quill
Miffs2
Syl
HoratioTarr
10 posters

Go down

British grandmother, 72, is heartbroken after Nigerian toyboy, 27, who she married three months after he added her on Facebook is refused a UK visa after she spent £20,000 on wedding and flights Empty British grandmother, 72, is heartbroken after Nigerian toyboy, 27, who she married three months after he added her on Facebook is refused a UK visa after she spent £20,000 on wedding and flights

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:08 pm

Not another one!

A grandmother-of-six has vowed to continue fighting for a visa for her new husband, who is 45 years her junior, lives 4,000 miles away, and who she met face-to-face on their wedding day.
Angela Nwachukwu, 72, married her husband CJ Nwachukwu in April 2015, just three months after he had added her on Facebook and struck up a conversation.
The retired taxi driver from Weymouth says she couldn't help but fall for her 27-year-old lover from Nigeria, when they started talking, and is devastated that their applications for visas have failed.
She says she has spent £20,000 on him, including lawyers to help with the visas and flights to visit him, but says he had repaid her half when he can.

Despite criticisms, Mrs Nwachukwu insists the marriage is not a scam, because she doesn't have any money and was upfront about that at the start.

British grandmother, 72, is heartbroken after Nigerian toyboy, 27, who she married three months after he added her on Facebook is refused a UK visa after she spent £20,000 on wedding and flights 438453A900000578-4818744-image-m-22_1503573255211

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4818744/Gran-72-love-Nigerian-husband-27.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

British grandmother, 72, is heartbroken after Nigerian toyboy, 27, who she married three months after he added her on Facebook is refused a UK visa after she spent £20,000 on wedding and flights Empty Re: British grandmother, 72, is heartbroken after Nigerian toyboy, 27, who she married three months after he added her on Facebook is refused a UK visa after she spent £20,000 on wedding and flights

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:10 pm

Despite criticisms, Mrs Nwachukwu insists the marriage is not a scam, because she doesn't have any money and was upfront about that at the start.

So, the other obvious reason he might want to marry her hasn't occurred to her yet?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

British grandmother, 72, is heartbroken after Nigerian toyboy, 27, who she married three months after he added her on Facebook is refused a UK visa after she spent £20,000 on wedding and flights Empty Re: British grandmother, 72, is heartbroken after Nigerian toyboy, 27, who she married three months after he added her on Facebook is refused a UK visa after she spent £20,000 on wedding and flights

Post by Syl Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:27 pm

She ' had' 20 grand, which was probably a fortune to him. Rolling Eyes

Why?????
Many of these women who fall for much younger foreign men (who desperately need a visa) are intelligent women who have lived a life.....not sure how they can lose every shred of reality when some stranger young enough to be their sons or grandsons declares undying love for them.....idiots.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:29 am

It's very hard to sympathise with these desperate old ladies. Every year plane loads of them toddle off to Tunisia or The Gambia in search of young flesh. If they are daft enough to believe these men love them then they deserve what they get. Which is ripped off and ridiculed.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:15 pm

Syl wrote:She ' had'  20 grand, which was probably a fortune to him. Rolling Eyes

Why?????
Many of these women who fall for much younger foreign men (who desperately need a visa) are intelligent women who have lived a life.....not sure how they can lose every shred of reality when some stranger young enough to be their sons or grandsons declares undying love for them.....idiots.

Age does not bring sagacity.  We would be damned if it did.  Whether we are 22 or 72, we still have the same dreams, which inevitably involve fame, fortune...and a lovely mate with whom to share them.  Perhaps the only real life-changer in our path is leaving our parents.  Beyond that, we are the same person, only incrementally older...and we never realize the passing of time.

So here we have Angela, whom motherhood, grand-motherhood and 72-years have past by, still living the dream.  Incidentally, did she call her new husband a "toyboy", or was that our judgment of her?  'Cause our judgments do not factor into her dreams.  God bless her if she's willing to keep dreaming at age 72.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:She ' had'  20 grand, which was probably a fortune to him. Rolling Eyes

Why?????

Age does not bring sagacity.  We would be damned if it did.  Whether we are 22 or 72, we still have the same dreams, which inevitably involve fame, fortune...and a lovely mate with whom to share them.  Perhaps the only real life-changer in our path is leaving our parents.  Beyond that, we are the same person, only incrementally older...and we never realize the passing of time.

So here we have Angela, whom motherhood, grand-motherhood and 72-years have past by, still living the dream.  Incidentally, did she call her new husband a "toyboy", or was that our judgment of her?  'Cause our judgments do not factor into her dreams.  God bless her if she's willing to keep dreaming at age 72.

This says more about you than others. I don't mean that in a rude way but I'm not the same person I was at 17, or even 40. I've evolved, and hopefully for the better, or at least into a period of my life where wisdom would prevent me from believing a 27 year old would want to spend the rest of my life with me. And looks do matter, I'm afraid, when you're a 27 year old horny man. I fear this lady will end up broke, and destitute and heartbroken. He won't give a shit once he's got what he really wants. This isn't about a dream, it's about a fantasy that's doomed to failure.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:08 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:This says more about you than others.   I don't mean that in a rude way but I'm not the same person I was at 17, or even 40.   I've evolved, and hopefully for the better, or at least into a period of my life where wisdom would prevent me from believing a 27 year old would want to spend the rest of my life with me.

Evolution is nice. But you never, really, crawl out of that inner-shell of your self-identity. She has her dreams, and she's staying true to them.

HT wrote:And looks do matter, I'm afraid, when you're a 27 year old horny man.   I fear this lady will end up broke, and destitute and heartbroken.   He won't give a shit once he's got what he really wants.   This isn't about a dream, it's about a fantasy that's doomed to failure.

"Horny man?" You disparage the young man with your adjectives, yet you don't even know him...least of all are you privy to his sexuality. I'll admit that such a young man for a 72-year old, is not normal. Yet, if you thought you were normal, what a bore.

We all like to say that we are wiser, more cautious, but we don't have to live inside her shell of existence. S'pose she takes your advice, and--I don't know--goes to the old folks home to to eat cream of wheat and warm milk everyday, and die a boring death? Maybe you are forcing passivity on an otherwise genius of a person.

Oh, and um...while you are plotting out her life, are you going to pay for it? Cool

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:This says more about you than others.   I don't mean that in a rude way but I'm not the same person I was at 17, or even 40.   I've evolved, and hopefully for the better, or at least into a period of my life where wisdom would prevent me from believing a 27 year old would want to spend the rest of my life with me.

Evolution is nice.  But you never, really, crawl out of that inner-shell of your self-identity.  She has her dreams, and she's staying true to them.

HT wrote:And looks do matter, I'm afraid, when you're a 27 year old horny man.   I fear this lady will end up broke, and destitute and heartbroken.   He won't give a shit once he's got what he really wants.   This isn't about a dream, it's about a fantasy that's doomed to failure.

"Horny man?"  You disparage the young man with your adjectives, yet you don't even know him...least of all are you privy to his sexuality.  I'll admit that such a young man for a 72-year old, is not normal.  Yet, if you thought you were normal, what a bore.  

We all like to say that we are wiser, more cautious, but we don't have to live inside her shell of existence.  S'pose she takes your advice, and--I don't know--goes to the old folks home to to eat cream of wheat and warm milk everyday, and die a boring death?  Maybe you are forcing passivity on an otherwise genius of a person.

Oh, and um...while you are plotting out her life, are you going to pay for it?  Cool

You don't half talk some shite. British grandmother, 72, is heartbroken after Nigerian toyboy, 27, who she married three months after he added her on Facebook is refused a UK visa after she spent £20,000 on wedding and flights Happy-smiley05
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Evolution is nice.  But you never, really, crawl out of that inner-shell of your self-identity.  She has her dreams, and she's staying true to them.

"Horny man?"  You disparage the young man with your adjectives, yet you don't even know him...least of all are you privy to his sexuality.  I'll admit that such a young man for a 72-year old, is not normal.  Yet, if you thought you were normal, what a bore.  

We all like to say that we are wiser, more cautious, but we don't have to live inside her shell of existence.  S'pose she takes your advice, and--I don't know--goes to the old folks home to to eat cream of wheat and warm milk everyday, and die a boring death?  Maybe you are forcing passivity on an otherwise genius of a person.

Oh, and um...while you are plotting out her life, are you going to pay for it?  Cool

Couldn't agree more, what a boring, conventional, judgement lot they are. My first husband was older than me, bored me to death and had the sex drive of a gnat. My second husband was 24 years younger, we loved each other to bits, still do, but I made him leave when I realised he really did want children even though he said he didn't, we cried for weeks before we split up. My third husband for 18 years younger, we were together 16 years and he had an affair - not even with someone younger, so I left. Then I met a lovely Tunisian, much younger, who wanted me to live out there and marry him but my daughter became to ill and I came home to look after her. I've been with my lovely man for 8 years now and love him to bits, we have been though more in those 8 years than most people go though in a lifetime, and we're still coping with lifes shit. You know what, when they cart me away I can say I have no regrets about any of that, it gave me some wonderful times and I have ended up with the best one. You only get one life, live it for heaven's sake. There is no such thing as normal and nobody has the right to judge her. It's her decision and if it turns out to be the wrong one, I bet she'll have some great memories.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:56 pm

It doesn't say she has given him £20,000, it says she "paid out" that amount:

She says she has spent £20,000 on him, including lawyers to help with the visas and flights to visit him, but says he had repaid her half when he can.

Where has he benefitted from this?
Just wondering.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:06 pm

sassy wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Couldn't agree more, what a boring, conventional, judgement lot they are.   My first husband was older than me, bored me to death and had the sex drive of a gnat.  My second husband was 24 years younger, we loved each other to bits, still do, but I made him leave when I realised he really did want children even though he said he didn't, we cried for weeks before we split up.   My third husband for 18 years younger, we were together 16 years and he had an affair - not even with someone younger, so I left.   Then I met a lovely Tunisian, much younger, who wanted me to live out there and marry him but my daughter became to ill and I came home to look after her.  I've been with my lovely man for 8 years now and love him to bits, we have been though more in those 8 years than most people go though in a lifetime, and we're still coping with lifes shit.   You know what, when they cart me away I can say I have no regrets about any of that, it gave me some wonderful times and I have ended up with the best one.   You only get one life, live it for heaven's sake.   There is no such thing as normal and nobody has the right to judge her.   It's her decision and if it turns out to be the wrong one, I bet she'll have some great memories.

Nobody's being 'judgemental'. I've had a relationship with someone 17 years my junior, and my husband is ten years younger than me. The reality here though, is so predictable that it's tragic. There comes a point when, at a certain age, the age gap really does matter. 45 year difference is huge when one of you is only in their twenties and you're in your 70's. He's going to fleece her of what little she has and then leave her. Yes, you do only have one life this time round, and yes, live it to the full. But reaching 72 and opening yourself up a massive fall like this is just lunacy. Her ex husband has already stated she's incredibly gullible, and that's the crux of the matter here. You may see this as an adventure for her, but all I'm seeing is this young man taking her for what little she's got.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:06 pm

sassy wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Couldn't agree more, what a boring, conventional, judgement lot they are.   My first husband was older than me, bored me to death and had the sex drive of a gnat.  My second husband was 24 years younger, we loved each other to bits, still do, but I made him leave when I realised he really did want children even though he said he didn't, we cried for weeks before we split up.   My third husband for 18 years younger, we were together 16 years and he had an affair - not even with someone younger, so I left.   Then I met a lovely Tunisian, much younger, who wanted me to live out there and marry him but my daughter became to ill and I came home to look after her.  I've been with my lovely man for 8 years now and love him to bits, we have been though more in those 8 years than most people go though in a lifetime, and we're still coping with lifes shit.   You know what, when they cart me away I can say I have no regrets about any of that, it gave me some wonderful times and I have ended up with the best one.   You only get one life, live it for heaven's sake.   There is no such thing as normal and nobody has the right to judge her.   It's her decision and if it turns out to be the wrong one, I bet she'll have some great memories.

Its not only the age difference Sassy.
Its a man who she had only conversed with online, who was 45 years younger, and who declared undying love to her, but only if she gave him every penny she had and vowed to fight tooth and nail to get him a visa so he could live in the UK.
The first time they clapped eyes on each other was the day she married him.

Falling for a con man isn't living the dream....no matter what age you are.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:10 pm

eddie wrote:It doesn't say she has given him £20,000, it says she "paid out" that amount:

Just wondering.

I'll ask again.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:13 pm

He wants a bloody Visa FGS. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Syl wrote:He wants a bloody Visa FGS. Rolling Eyes

Yes? So he may leave her when he gets here, right? What I'm trying to say is, he hasn't physically taken all her life-savings and spent them. So yeah, he's using her for a visa but a few of you are saying he's had £20,000 off her as though he's taken her money.

If it doesn't work out, which I am pretty sure it won't, then she will have learned the hard way and he will get his karma.

I have no idea if that makes sense anyway. Rolling Eyes I'm so jet lagged but it's too early to go to bed.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:17 pm

I love the thought of anyone...male or female, living life to the full no matter how old they are.
But to be fleeced of your life savings, as many of these gullible old dears are, sometimes losing their homes...even in extreme cases their friends and families, and ending up alone and with sweet sod all because they were flattered that a young foreign waiter (or similar) pretended they were in love with them.....is sad and pathetic.

If I knew this lady I wouldn't be telling her to 'go for it'...I would be telling her to fasten her purse strings and look for someone who could give as well as take.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:18 pm

eddie wrote:

Yes? So he may leave her when he gets here, right? What I'm trying to say is, he hasn't physically taken all her life-savings and spent them. So yeah, he's using her for a visa but a few of you are saying he's had £20,000 off her as though he's taken her money.  

If it doesn't work out, which I am pretty sure it won't, then she will have learned the hard way and he will get his karma.  

I have no idea if that makes sense anyway. Rolling Eyes  I'm so jet lagged but it's too early to go to bed.

Welcome Home anyway....you will see sense in the morning. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:19 pm

eddie wrote:It doesn't say she has given him £20,000, it says she "paid out" that amount:

Just wondering.

Nobody yet, presumably because the authorities believe he married her in order to come to this country.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Of course he does. Once here he'll bugger off.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:50 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Not another one!

A grandmother-of-six has vowed to continue fighting for a visa for her new husband, who is 45 years her junior, lives 4,000 miles away, and who she met face-to-face on their wedding day.
Angela Nwachukwu, 72, married her husband CJ Nwachukwu in April 2015, just three months after he had added her on Facebook and struck up a conversation.
The retired taxi driver from Weymouth says she couldn't help but fall for her 27-year-old lover from Nigeria, when they started talking, and is devastated that their applications for visas have failed.

British grandmother, 72, is heartbroken after Nigerian toyboy, 27, who she married three months after he added her on Facebook is refused a UK visa after she spent £20,000 on wedding and flights 438453A900000578-4818744-image-m-22_1503573255211

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4818744/Gran-72-love-Nigerian-husband-27.html

Better for her to suffer heartbreak now than the inevitable heartbreak later on.....
... when he dumps her 6 months into the 'marriage' and walks off with her life savings.
It's a scam. Numerous people have been down this path and it always ends in disaster.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Exactly Jules, a scam. Can't this woman see this, why else would he want an old woman, let's be honest.

magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:38 am

I'm waiting for Kate to dump Will and run off with the crown jewels. As you say Jules:

Jules wrote:It's a scam. Numerous people have been down this path and it always ends in disaster.

Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:58 am

If she wants to be with him so much... then she should go and live with him in Nigeria...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:14 pm

magica wrote:Exactly Jules, a scam. Can't this woman see this, why else would he want an old woman, let's be honest.

LOL.
Anywayyy, best wishes for the day ahead, Magica. We're all delighted for you and I will be thinking of you. x
Hope it stays sunny all weekend! sunny sunny

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:31 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
If she wants to be with him so much... then she should go and live with him in Nigeria...

cheers

That was one of my first thoughts too, Tommy...

If they were genuine, she would be currently living over there..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:I'm waiting for Kate to dump Will and run off with the crown jewels.  As you say Jules:

Jules wrote:It's a scam. Numerous people have been down this path and it always ends in disaster.

Wink
Stop winking at me, you norty boy! flower

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down