NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mail

5 posters

Go down

The Mail Empty The Mail

Post by Andy Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:13 am

Has anyone else noticed the rather dramatic and seismic shift in the Mail's attitude and opinion towards the Tories and Brexit the short time Geordie Grieg took over from Dacre as Editor?.
I find it all rather refreshing and it certainly makes for a more balanced read following years of Dacre's vitriol about the left, blacks, migrants, the unemployed, benefit claimants and Muslims..

Now we await a softening in the far right, left hating, migrant loathing , Farage loving, Brexiteering Express, now it has been bought out by the Mirror Group.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

The Mail Empty Re: The Mail

Post by Syl Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:06 pm

I never read the Mail, though sometimes in the online headlines one can find a good story that might prompt discussion on here.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:00 pm

I can’t abide the Mail, Express or the Sun. It pains me to call them a media source.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:24 pm

I have the Sun,. and the Mail on Sunday.

The Mirror is a Labour paper, years ago it used to be in squares hung in the bog.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Has anyone else noticed the rather dramatic and seismic shift in the Mail's attitude and opinion towards the Tories and Brexit the short time Geordie Grieg took over from Dacre as Editor?.
I find it all rather refreshing and it certainly makes for a more balanced read following years of Dacre's vitriol about the left, blacks, migrants, the unemployed, benefit claimants and Muslims..

Now we await a softening in the far right, left hating, migrant loathing , Farage loving, Brexiteering Express, now it has been bought out by the Mirror Group.

Anyone who actually reads the Daily Mail instead of simply forming an opinion based on carefully selected and frequently subjectively individual edited news items and articles posted online would, of course, appreciate that while the newspaper's editorial policy has always been to support the Conservative and Unionist Party, it has been one of the most powerful and, more importantly, influential critics of Conservative governments for a long time.

And Dacre, of course, hasn't gone away (well, not until November) he remains Editor-in-Chief of the group which includes MailOnLine,  Mail on Sunday (which is pro-Remainer) and The Metro.

I sincerely hope that the Mail's well deserved reputation as the country's foremost and most successful campaigning newspaper continues...as, I suspect, do the family of black teenager Stephen Lawrence and the various environmental groups desperately trying to reverse the devastating effect of plastics on our planet. Etc., etc., ad nauseam et ad infinitum....

It does, of course, expose the violence, brutality and toxicity of Corbyn's backers and puppet masters Momentum...which, I suspect, is why you loathe it so much.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down