NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junk mail

+3
Ben Reilly
nicko
Major
7 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Junk mail Empty Re: Junk mail

Post by nicko Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:15 pm

Trouble is Post Office gets paid to deliver all that bumf.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:57 pm

Stormee wrote:Can someone lend me a bulldozer to shift the unwanted, unsolicited mail which came through our letterbox this morning, 14 pieces in all, the thing is, we are on the mail preference list to stop it, I think that is the name of it.

Most are advertising flyers, I can't remember the last time we bought from a flyer.

It goes straight in the bin.
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:27 pm

We get lots of junk mail in the U.S. too, and I've never bought anything from seeing it or really ever give it a second glance. I think it's kind of a big deal to the coupon hobbyists, though.

I usually march it from the mailbox to the recycling.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:17 pm

I just bin it. Along with the increasing number of heart breaking charity letters and catalogues that seem to come through the door.

We give to charities....we cant give to every charity that asks though.
I suspect that people who have made donations by cheque have their details passed to every other charity in the country.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:37 pm

Syl wrote:I just bin it. Along with the increasing number of heart breaking charity letters and catalogues that seem to come through the door.

I suspect that people who have made donations by cheque have their   details  passed to every other charity in the country.

I think so too. I used to send money to selected charities, until I got bombarded by requests from loads of others. It was so overwhelming that I stopped looking at the post!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:I just bin it. Along with the increasing number of heart breaking charity letters and catalogues that seem to come through the door.

I suspect that people who have made donations by cheque have their   details  passed to every other charity in the country.

I think so too. I used to send money to selected charities, until I got bombarded by requests from loads of others. It was so overwhelming that I stopped looking at the post!

It IS overwhelming, and I feel guilty binning them, especially when they have included pens or cards etc, but the more you donate to them the more they ask for.
I have always given to the British legion, last year I was sent two identical expensive looking catalogues selling their stuff in the space of a fortnight. I was also called by them asking if I would consider setting up a DD to save me time and trouble of posting cheques. I said No thanks and mentioned the waste of money by sending out two catalogues....one would have done.
He said "That's not my department"....well maybe not, but it's a charity and they should not be wasting peoples hard earned cash in this way.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:36 pm

I always feel bad binning charity stuff but I understand that they have to send it out.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:01 pm

eddie wrote:I always feel bad binning charity stuff but I understand that they have to send it out.

I don't feel guilty I see as added junk as a waste of paper plus it can over load my bin when I have so much other junk that needs binning. Plus I wonder how much of this charity actually reaches the people they are collecting for because from what I have been reading lately the majority of the cash is used on the rich, their hotels dinners.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:45 pm

Most charity CEO'......BIG wages,BIG cars,long holiays etc
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down