NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schoolgirls at mixed secondary school are reduced to tears after headteacher tells them 'short skirts make them targets for sexual harassment'

+2
Vintage
'Wolfie
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Schoolgirls at mixed secondary school are reduced to tears after headteacher tells them 'short skirts make them targets for sexual harassment' Empty Schoolgirls at mixed secondary school are reduced to tears after headteacher tells them 'short skirts make them targets for sexual harassment'

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Parents have hit out at a headteacher who they say told girls that wearing shorter skirts would encourage sexual harassment.

Children returned to Bishop of Hereford's Bluecoat School this month and sat through an assembly about their new school uniform. But acting headteacher Martin Henton has been criticised after the topic of discussion turned to 'sexual threats' and harassment. Parents say girls came home in tears after believing the message was that shorter skirts would encourage sexual predators.

Mr Henton has denied accusations of 'victim blaming', insisting the girls must have misunderstood the message of the assembly. Mother Ceri Robinson, 43, said she has no problem with the new skirt, but is 'stunned' it has been linked to sexual harassment.

She said: 'My daughter and her peers were told the longer skirt was aimed at keeping the girls safe from sexual harassment. I am quite stunned that this was deemed acceptable.

'The endorsement of the view in the 21st Century that women and girls have to protect themselves from sexual harassment can be the fault of the victim has a negative impact on the young people who should have trust in the school.

'Any victim of any kind of abuse should be confident in talking to a teacher. The message of this assembly undermines that.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6163911/Row-school-claiming-short-skirts-lead-sexual-harassment.html

Back to top Go down

Schoolgirls at mixed secondary school are reduced to tears after headteacher tells them 'short skirts make them targets for sexual harassment' Empty Re: Schoolgirls at mixed secondary school are reduced to tears after headteacher tells them 'short skirts make them targets for sexual harassment'

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:25 pm

Idea

Maybe that head teacher, being a man, should have run his speech past some of his female colleagues first, to see whether the language/tone/tenor of his presentation was really suitable for the target audience ???

'Proper preparation prevents piss-poor performance'..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Schoolgirls at mixed secondary school are reduced to tears after headteacher tells them 'short skirts make them targets for sexual harassment' Empty Re: Schoolgirls at mixed secondary school are reduced to tears after headteacher tells them 'short skirts make them targets for sexual harassment'

Post by Vintage Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:26 pm

It shouldn't matter what anyone wears it doesn't automatically become an invitation for unwanted attention if someone dresses a certain way. Sadly whole swathes of the population don't seem to have read that particular memo, so I understand what he's trying to say.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Vintage wrote:It shouldn't matter what anyone wears it doesn't automatically become an invitation for unwanted attention  if someone dresses a certain way. Sadly whole swathes of the population don't seem to have read that particular memo, so I understand what he's trying to say.

How do you understand what he says Vintage?

Women and girls are raped no matter what they wear

For rapists its all about control

So it does not matter what a person wears and even Muslim women in Burkas are raped

To claim that its down to what the memo is, then what is that memo?

The one he claims is reality?

He is trying to enforce a belief that women should be cowed into wearing a form of dress, never understanding that will never deter rapists Vintage

What he said was appalling. He tried to use fear, as most religious beliefs do, to control girls and women, into his line of thinking how women and girls should dress. Its why i am so set against religious uniforms. As fears is so badly used to control people through fear in what to wear.

That in no way is good teaching and is in fact teaching a lie. In no way does it teach to respect how a woman dresses. All it does is empower those who prey on women and girls

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:44 pm

I agree rapists will rape anyone, it doesn't matter what is worn, that is obvious. The thing with this is unwanted attention ie comments, learing, maybe inappropriate touching - macho bravado. Until all men and women, boys and girls understand what you wear is not a 'come on' some young people may need a warning for a while - sad though it is.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Vintage wrote:I agree rapists will rape anyone, it doesn't matter what is worn, that is obvious. The thing with this is unwanted attention ie comments, learing, maybe inappropriate touching - macho bravado. Until all men and women, boys and girls understand what you wear is not a 'come on' some young people may need a warning for a while - sad though it is.  

Which means Vintage we are then bowing down to a perception

So how is the best way to combat a poor perception?

By teaching people to respect others

This will of course only go so far, as again some will not care and abuse others, but the view to tell young girls, as this head did. They are basically asking for trouble by how they dress. Is not backing their liberty, but backing an enforced view on conservatisim of dress. On a perceived view to how they should dress. Which again has all its hallmarks from the origins of religion, in this case christianity.

This head teacher in no way was empowering these girls, but making them like most religious young girls. Made to believe to conform to a form of dress and that they are the problem. This same babble is brainwashed into Muslims girls, that they are the problem, to mens sexual attraction and they should cover up. That is so wrong.

They perceive this as acceptable. That is not liberation and acceptance, but bowing down to what others think and a complete form of control.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:32 pm

Perhaps the headmaster would be better off talking to the boys at the school about respect for the girls, no matter what they are wearing.

Maybe he meant well but just phrased his words clumsily.
Girls have to be aware that there are some men who will take advantage of them given the opportunity, the length of skirt has no baring on a rapists mind though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:46 am

Syl wrote:Perhaps the headmaster would be better off talking to the boys at the school about respect for the girls, no matter what they are wearing.

Maybe he meant well but just phrased his words clumsily.
Girls have to be aware that there are some men who will take advantage of them given the opportunity, the length of skirt has no baring on a rapists mind though.

Now i would agree with him talking to both boys and girls respecting each other, no matter what they where.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:26 am

I don't think that schoolgirls should be wearing short skirts, especially if they shorten themselves by rolling them at the waist. There is no reason to do that unless they're trying to make themselves physically attractive to others.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:29 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think that schoolgirls should be wearing short skirts, especially if they shorten themselves by rolling them at the waist. There is no reason to do that unless they're trying to make themselves physically attractive to others.

Why?

Who made you mother superior?

So tell me what is wrong with girls thighs?

Or the lower part of them, as the case may be here?

Is this some form of submission to Islam here, that you think a girl cannot expose a part of her thigh?

If they feel good about this, what has this got to do with you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:32 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think that schoolgirls should be wearing short skirts, especially if they shorten themselves by rolling them at the waist. There is no reason to do that unless they're trying to make themselves physically attractive to others.

Why?

Is this some form of submission to Islam here, that you think a girl cannot expose a part of her thigh?

Tell me why they want to expose their thighs though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:33 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Why?

Becuase it makes them feel good about their bodies.

So what has that got to do with you?

Do you want to control how they look?

Do you want to cover them in burkinis at the swimming pool?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:37 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Why does it make them feel good about their bodies?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:41 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Why not ask why people them why feel good about their bodies

Is it to attract the opposite or same sex?

Absolutely, its evolutionary how this happens

Its girls at this age giving signals to boys or girls as the case maybe.

It does not mean they want to have sex, but they want to show off their attractions

This is psychological and why girls do like such attention, as well as boys

Sadly yes, perverts will capitalize on this, but that should never stop girls and women being free to express their apperance.

I mean nobody is telling them, they will burn in the hell fire, if they do not wear a mini skirt are they? That is then a free choice.

So why are you so borthered as to how short their skirts are?

Unless you think they are asking for trouble?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:44 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It does not mean they want to have sex, but they want to show off their attractions

Sadly yes, perverts will capitalize on this, but that should never stop girls and women being free to express their apperance.

I mean nobody is telling them, they will burn in the hell fire, if they do not wear a mini skirt are they. That is then a free choice.

I think it could be asking for trouble.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:46 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

I mean nobody is telling them, they will burn in the hell fire, if they do not wear a mini skirt are they. That is then a free choice.

How?

So you must mean when a girl is raped wearing a hijab, she was asking for trouble?

Why was that woman raped?

That shows you have no understandin of the psychology of rape

Its all about control

So how is wearing a short skirt asking for trouble?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:51 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

How?

So you must mean when a girl is raped wearing a hijab, she was asking for trouble?

Its all about control

The girl is saying to men - look at me, aren't I attractive? That doesn't mean she will be raped, but she might get attention which could go too far.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:54 am

I mean i am really interested in this warped and quite frankly antiquated view point Rags here on how people are asking for trouble.

Is people having dark skin asking for trouble?

Is having light skin asking for trouble

I am sure it is in the wrong racist neighbourhood

What should these people do then rags?

How about a turban?

How about having a piss or a shit? (lets face it some people are turned on by golden showers and scat)

Do you not see rags how backward your view point is and how it could be applied to anyone with a prejudice hate or controlling view point with rape?

Seriously?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:57 am

Didge wrote:I mean i am really interested in this warped and quite frankly antiquated view point Rags here on how people are asking for trouble.

How about a turban?

How about having a piss or a shit? (lets face it some people are turned on by golden showers and scat)

Do you not see rags how backward your view point is and how it could be applied to anyone with a prejudice hate or controlling view point with rape?

Seriously?

Now you're saying my opinion is "warped". As I said, you don't tolerate anyone's opinion if it clashes with your own, and you resort to abuse. Your arguments are irrelevant as dark skin or light skin is not a choice.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:57 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

How?

Its all about control

The girl is saying to men - look at me, aren't I attractive? That doesn't mean she will be raped, but she might get attention which could go too far.

So no male should ever piss in a unrinal anymore then?

It may give unwanted attention then?

So a woman or a nun, should never step outside in public, even though some people will give them the wrong kind of attention?

I mean people get turmed on by Nuns and even Nuns have been raped

Do you want to keep everyone indoors forever?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:59 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:I mean i am really interested in this warped and quite frankly antiquated view point Rags here on how people are asking for trouble.

How about a turban?

Seriously?

Now you're saying my opinion is "warped". As I said, you don't tolerate anyone's opinion if it clashes with your own, and you resort to abuse. Your arguments are irrelevant as dark skin or light skin is not a choice.

Its completely warped

How can I tolerate a poor unreasoned view?

Seriously?

Where was the abuse?

There was none and yet again you play the victim

Borrrrrrring

Its not going to hold up here hun

My arguments are leaving you unable to answer them and do you know why?

You wish to control people based on your prejudiced views

So why not answer them rags?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:00 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Its completely warped

Seriously?

Where was the abuse?

Borrrrrrring

You wish to control people based on your prejudiced view

I rest my case re your intolerance. Have you never learned that if you want a response from someone, it's best not to insult their opinion? I've given my reason, and if you don't like it, that's your problem.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:03 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Its completely warped

Seriously?

Where was the abuse?

Borrrrrrring

You wish to control people based on your prejudiced view

I rest my case re your intolerance. Have you never learned that if you want a response from someone, it's best not to insult their opinion? I've given my reason, and if you don't like it, that's your problem.

OOooooooookay, so you cannot answer the questions I raised

And now your only defence is to cast me as intolerant

So basically that is a copout

Why not actually answer the questions?

Are they that difficult Rags?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:07 am

It's best if girls are not seen as bimbos with no brain, is it not? If they portray themselves as nothing but an advert for attractive legs, they will be seen as bimbos.

I'm sure you have your own reasons as to why you want schoolgirls to wear short skirts Didge ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:12 am

Raggamuffin wrote:It's best if girls are not seen as bimbos with no brain, is it not? If they portray themselves as nothing but an advert for attractive legs, they will be seen as bimbos.

I'm sure you have your own reasons as to why you want schoolgirls to wear short skirts Didge ...

So is a girl in a swimming costume a bimbo?

Surely she must be to you?

I mean every Olympic swimmer must be a Bimbo to you?

Correct?

Why is it Rags, that you are still living in the Victorian age.

I do have my own reasons as to why girls should be allowed to wear what ever they want, when not forced by religious beliefs. As I believe in personal choice and freedom

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:17 am

A swimming costume serves a specific purpose - to enable one to swim better. There's no comparison between that and a girl who rolls her skirt up.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:20 am

Raggamuffin wrote:A swimming costume serves a specific purpose - to enable one to swim better. There's no comparison between that and a girl who rolls her skirt up.

They are exposing their legs, so do you suggest segregating swimming Rags?

How about on a beach?

Do you suggest segregated beaches?

I mean adults and children both go to these places?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:25 am

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:A swimming costume serves a specific purpose - to enable one to swim better. There's no comparison between that and a girl who rolls her skirt up.

How about on a beach?

Red herrings. We're talking about schoolgirls with short skirts.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:27 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

How about on a beach?

Red herrings. We're talking about schoolgirls with short skirts.

You said it was wrong to expose the legs and to be specific, the upper leg.

So why are you not calling for segregation at swimming pools and beaches for girls under 16?

I mean these swimming costumes make mini skirts redundent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:40 am

I really am laughing now Rags

You dont think girls should wear short skirts. As its exposing too much leg, but have no objections to girls wearing swimsuits.

I mean its hilarious, as the swimsuit exposes far more than any mini skirt would with the legs. It even more exposes the feminine body.

And yet you object to the mini skirt and claim its asks for trouble

Why is it you do not have the same philosophy on swim costumes?

Take your time?

Do you not see how you are in fact making bullshit up here to back a prejudice view to control women and girls?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

How?

Its all about control

Did you never wear mini skirts ?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:05 pm

I didn't, I loved it when maxis came out.
I'll get into trouble for this but also being warped and any other name for being on the centre ground. Why do people (women usually, I've yet to see a man with the cheeks of his bottom pecking cheekily out of the a***e of his trousers, or how about a peek of scrotum cleavage?) wear revealing clothes its to draw attention to how sexually attractive they are, after all birds (male) have coloured plummage that they display, monkeys have bright red bottoms when ready to mate. Young women can get a bit carried away with whatever is the thing at the time, rolling up school skirts is an age old tradition, I think without realising that they are fundamentally 'displaying' and can get confused and upset when they get a reaction. We can argue that as humans we should understand that its just fun but some people may have problems understanding that. Why can't we just wear nice/pretty even attractive clothes which are also practical to wear and convenient for whatever we are doing. It would be nice if everyone understood that its just become fashion for humans, quite often ridiculous fashion but they don't - yet. I'll be nice when everyone can cover up or undress when ever they feel like without someone else reacting badly.
As for religious dress and segregation it probably makes the average male far more curious, how can you be respecrful of someone else when you don't understand them because you hardly ever socialise with them.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Vintage wrote:I didn't, I loved it when maxis came out.
I'll get into trouble for this but also being warped and any other name for being on the centre ground. Why do people (women usually, I've yet to see a man with the cheeks of his bottom pecking cheekily out of the a***e of his trousers, or how about a peek of scrotum cleavage?) wear revealing clothes its to draw attention to how sexually attractive they are, after all birds (male) have coloured plummage that they display, monkeys have bright red bottoms when ready to mate. Young women can get a bit carried away with whatever is the thing at the time, rolling up school skirts is an age old tradition, I think without realising that they are fundamentally 'displaying' and can get confused and upset when they get a reaction. We can argue that as humans we should understand that its just fun but some people may have problems understanding that. Why can't we just wear nice/pretty even attractive clothes which are also practical to wear and convenient for whatever we are doing. It would be nice if everyone understood that its just become fashion for humans, quite often ridiculous fashion but they don't - yet. I'll be nice when everyone can cover up or undress when ever they feel like without someone else reacting badly.
As for religious dress and segregation it probably makes the average male far more curious, how can you be respecrful of someone else when you don't understand them because you hardly ever socialise with them.

Get confused about what?

What are you going to get confused about on a beach or in the swimming pool?

Which genders butt cheeks look best?

So some people may not understand this, so do you suggest segregated swimming pools and beaches?

Is your idea inclusion or exclusion?

This is not about what you see as subjectivelly nice from a bygone victorian era

This is about whether people have the right to forcing how people dress?

Do you want to live in Saudi or the UK?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:31 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

How can I tolerate a view that doesn't coincide exactly with mine?

I can't

So I'll just call it warped and poor and unreasoned

that'll show her I'm right

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:32 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

How can I tolerate a view that doesn't coincide exactly  with mine?

I can't

So I'll just call it warped and poor and unreasoned

that'll show her I'm right

So do you think I should tolerate a hateful homophobic view?

A hateful racist view?

Tolerate a Nazi view?

Do you not think Nazism is a warped and hateful view Gelico?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:34 pm

Didge wrote:I really am laughing now Rags

You dont think girls should wear short skirts. As its exposing too much leg, but have no objections to girls wearing swimsuits.

I mean its hilarious, as the swimsuit exposes far more than any mini skirt would with the legs. It even more exposes the feminine body.

this is ridiculous

girls dont as a rule wear their swimsuits only going back and forth to school, nor in class, nor when just going out shopping.

personally, i think the headmaster should've left the girls out of his speech and made it to the boys only about respect and values and how clothes or lack of does not equal an invite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:34 pm

Maybe Gelico you think I should tolerate a Sharia law based view on women in this country?

I guess you are tolerant of this are you?

My hairy arse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:36 pm

gelico wrote:

this is ridiculous

girls dont as a rule wear their swimsuits only going back and forth to school, nor in class, nor when just going out shopping.  

personally, i think the headmaster should've left the girls out of his speech and made it to the boys only about respect and values and how clothes or lack of does not equal an invite

How is it ridiculous?

That I am showing up the absurdity of the argument made by rags?

People go to swimming pools and the beach do they not?

So why is this view not a problem there?

Seriously?

Maybe you want girls to wear the veil next Gelico?

In order that they look more modest based upon a poor perceived view?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Do you know what really disgusts me about all those backing a view to force their antiquated views on girls?

Where even worse they think they know best?

Is they are backing the idea, that some how what people wear is why people are raped or harassed.

If Girls want to show off their legs, just as if boys want to with wearing shorts, then that is their choice. Not the moral police brigade based on the 19th century.

So gelico says this should have only been said to the boys this speech?

WTF

How about there should have been a speech to simple respect boys and girls, what ever they wear?

I mean it was only in the last 5 years that France dropped a law to ban women wearing trousers.

Forcing people into a restricted form of clothing. Does not achieve anything and even more so based upon perceived moralities.

The more people come to learn and respect each other and more so by being at school together the better.

And before people go, ohhh but you argue that the burka is wrong, no I argue around the belief system that has a uniform that is wrong, called wahhabism.

If some here have an issue with that, well i am sorry, get over yourself or move to a nation that likes to restrict the way girls can dress.

As in reality its none of your buisness and its not the buisness of a school either. Its nothing more than based on the bygone poor pathetic Christian ethos views of a time long gone

Not one of you would call for girls on the beech or at a swimming pool to cover up, yet you think they should at school.

The hypsocrisy is astounding

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:08 pm

gelico wrote:

this is ridiculous

I agree with that...people who sexually harass others are the ones with the problem, not the person on the receiving end.

Maybe he should have just introduced a dress code....skirts to be worn a certain length, thats not unreasonable in school imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

this is ridiculous

I agree with that...people who sexually harass others are the ones with the problem, not the person on the receiving end.

Maybe he should have just introduced a dress code....skirts to be worn a certain length, thats not unreasonable in school imo.

Why should they be set to a certain lengh

Are you going to impose the same clause to girls in ballerina

Swimming whether boys or girls?

Sports whether boys or girls with shorts and skirts?

I would have thought comfortability was more the priority.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:15 pm

Having seen a few builders cracks in my time I can honestly say showing too much flesh is often more vomit inducing than sexually attractive.

I dont think I agree that women wear short skirts or other revealing clothes to attract men, well maybe some do, but imo many wear them to suit themselves. I was a girl of the 60's....we wore short skirts in school if we could get away with it, and it was an all girls school.  Laughing
Its fashion, minis looked great on young slim girls, I for one didnt wear them to look sexy, I suited them and they were fashionable.
When maxis came out I did have a few, but they were uncomfy and ungainly imo….and trying to jump on a back loading bus was positively dangerous with swathes of material flapping round your ankles.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:17 pm

Syl wrote:

Having seen a few builders cracks in my time I can honestly say showing too much flesh is often more vomit inducing than sexually attractive.

Why were you looking and concentrating at their butts?

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:22 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!

Morbid curiosity maybe. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

lol!

Morbid curiosity maybe. Razz

Yeah right, ha ha

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Syl wrote:

I dont think I agree that women wear short skirts or other revealing clothes to attract men, well maybe some do, but imo many wear them to suit themselves. I was a girl of the 60's....we wore short skirts in school if we could get away with it, and it was an all girls school.  Laughing
Its fashion, minis looked great on young slim girls, I for one didnt wear them to look sexy, I suited them and they were fashionable.
When maxis came out I did have a few, but they were uncomfy and ungainly imo….and trying to jump on a back loading bus was positively dangerous with swathes of material flapping round your ankles.

Yes, I think that's my long winded point, young girls particularly wear stuff because they like it and its fashionable without understanding the effect it can have on some people, its a shame but there it is. People should wear what they want but life still isn't so easy going yet.If I wore what I wanted to wear and what I was comfortable in I'd get some funny looks when I went out. I love purples mauves and black in long flowing dresses or gothic style capes and coats not to mention boots, if I went to work like that they'd think I was taking the mickey.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Lol....well purples and mauves are my favourite colours so I would probably think you looked great.

My view is women should wear what they like, obviously if a uniform is expected thats a different matter.
I wear lots of black leather and lace tops, maybe some dont like my style....so what?

What does irk me is when someone speaks out about how girls should be aware of what they are wearing and how they are acting if they are out and about especially at night. There is usually a backlash of people insisting they can wear, act and do as they please without considering anything....but at the end of the day women have to look after themselves, and if they are drunk, tottering around on high heels and teeny skirts they have less chance of looking after themselves than if they were sober and had their wits about them.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:44 pm

I'm not sure what relatives would make of me dressed like Morticia showing them into the chapel of rest!

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:47 pm

Vintage wrote:I'm not sure what relatives would make of me dressed like Morticia showing them into the chapel of rest!

Lol...well I agree sometimes you have to dress in accordance to the job you are doing. Smile
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It's best if girls are not seen as bimbos with no brain, is it not? If they portray themselves as nothing but an advert for attractive legs, they will be seen as bimbos.

Indeed. I fully agree.

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next