NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man kills himself live on the internet after being goaded online.

+3
magica
Vintage
Syl
7 posters

Go down

Man kills himself live on the internet after being goaded online. Empty Man kills himself live on the internet after being goaded online.

Post by Syl Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:38 pm

This man is the third Brit to die this way after trolls goaded him to kill himself on PALTALK website.
With 200 million users worldwide, it seems lots of online bullies enjoy torturing others.

"A builder has committed suicide live on the internet – the THIRD Brit to die on the same social media site.
The 43-year-old dad hanged himself in a live broadcast in front of viewers around the globe on a video chat forum.
Other users, including Brits, goaded the man to his death telling him: “Why don’t you just do it? Your life isn’t worth it.”
Last night online pals told how the tragic victim was “bullied ­mercilessly on the US-owned Paltalk website, which has 200 million ­global users and whose parent firm last year made almost £20millon."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/father-becomes-third-brit-kill-12997460
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Man kills himself live on the internet after being goaded online. Empty Re: Man kills himself live on the internet after being goaded online.

Post by Vintage Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:01 pm

What are people becoming, many seem to forget life is not a video game.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Man kills himself live on the internet after being goaded online. Empty Re: Man kills himself live on the internet after being goaded online.

Post by magica Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Why didn't he just leave the site.

He might have been depressed but killing himself for names on a forum is stupid.

I do hope the trolls hang their heads in shame as they always bully the weaker ones.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:28 pm

It seems the internet has made monsters out of some people. Maybe it deadens some peoples empathy gene because they dont see a face or words typed out on a screen as belonging to a living human being.

If sites like this, which seem to encourage the bullying and goading of people who are already troubled, are so popular with millions of people worldwide, I dread to think what the human race is going to evolve into in the not so distant future.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:40 pm

I have a hard time believing the cause and effect that this article wants you to believe. I would like to know more about this guy's personal life before going off on a binge about the Internet.

Not saying it wasn't a contributing (triggering?) factor, tho.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:I have a hard time believing the cause and effect that this article wants you to believe.  I would like to know more about this guy's personal life before going off on a binge about the Internet.

Not saying it wasn't a contributing (triggering?) factor, tho.

Without a doubt I'm sure the men involved had ongoing problems Quill.....if they didn't they would have not given a toss about what strangers online thought about them. I sometimes think you have to be pretty hard skinned to join any forum...even a mild good mannered one like this one. Cool .

But my point is, if you see a person who is weak and troubled in real life, how many people would deliberately constantly kick that person till he was suicidal?
Yet on sites like Paltalk.....millions either do so or enjoy the spectacle of seeing it done.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:46 am

Arrow

I don't consider all of the abusers that attack these poor, vulnerable and clearly depressed victims, to be genuine "trolls" -- but rather "cyber bullies" -- there are some key differences between the two, though many commentators (especially TV 'journalists'..) insist on misusing the term "troll" for anyone who criticises them...

Usually, when someone suicides after constant and ongoing abuse from serial bullies, that abuse is often the final "straw that broke the camel's back" -- rather than being the prime or root cause of the depression that led to them eventually taking their own life..

The underlying reasons for the actual depression may well prove to be multi-faceted, long-term and reoccurring problems, with signs often being missed, played down or ignored by friends and family.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:45 am

You should know all about "Cyber Bullies" .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:08 am

nicko wrote:You should know all about "Cyber Bullies" .

Cool

Too right, that...

Just look at that little minority of --  mainly British nationalists, but with a couple of ring-ins (inc. one noteable Sarf Afriken..) --  nutters on here who are frequently attacking me, Andy, veya, Jules, sassy, Quill, sexy mama and several others over the years..

And a special mention for that nasty little group of deranged old harridans in the NewsFix Hens Club and Knitting Circle.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:22 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Cool

Too right, that...

Just look at that little minority of --  mainly British nationalists, but with a couple of ring-ins (inc. one noteable Sarf Afriken..)  --  nutters on here who are frequently attacking me, Andy, veya, Jules, sassy, Quill, sexy mama and several others over the years..

And a special mention for that nasty little group of deranged old harridans in the NewsFix Hens Club and Knitting Circle.

I dont often respond to your ramblings, because frankly I cant be arsed, but you continually paint yourself as the poor little picked on victim here, when it is ALWAYS you who starts hurling unprovoked abuse at others on the forum.
Are you in denial?....or are you what I'm sure most of us 'harridans' suspect you to be....a sad little troll looking for attention any way you can get it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:27 pm

Back to the topic. I dont think it matters to online trolls whether a person was suffering before they logged into these sites or whether the constant barraging and taunting is the main cause of their depression, they see a would be victim and they go for it.

If it ends in a mans suicide I wonder if they think "Job done".cheers

They have the same mentality as the people who see a person ready to jump off a bridge, the ghouls who urge them to do it. Sadly on line this sort of mentality finds lots of like minded creeps to bond with.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:41 pm

Mental health problems, especially in young people, is linked to the increased use of the internet.

Latest statistics say that up to one in four teenage girls admit they suffer with some sort of mental health problem. Latest figures in Manchester revealed that one in three youngsters are already suffering with depression and other symptoms of mental health problems.

"One in four British girls hit by depression at 14 as experts blame increase in cyber bullying and academic pressure," says the Sun after a large study found 24% of 14-year-old girls in the UK report symptoms of depression.
The Millenium Cohort Study followed more than 19,000 children born in the UK in 2000 to 2001. Parents completed surveys when the children were aged 3, 5, 7, 11 and 14 about any emotional difficulties they were having. At age 14, the children also completed a short questionnaire about their mental health.
Levels of anxiety and depressive symptoms were similar for girls and boys up to the age of 11. At age 14, parents reported 12% of boys and 18% of girls had emotional problems. But when the 14-year-olds themselves were asked about their mental health, 9% of boys and 24% of girls reported depressive symptoms.

Though the statistics are worrying, it is important to note that these were responses to questionnaires and not formal diagnoses of depression so the real figures are likely to be lower. However, it is still of concern that so many children are struggling with emotional problems."

https://www.nhs.uk/news/mental-health/many-teenagers-reporting-symptoms-depression/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:14 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Cool

Too right, that...

Just look at that little minority of --  mainly British nationalists, but with a couple of ring-ins (inc. one noteable Sarf Afriken..)  --  nutters on here who are frequently attacking me, Andy, veya, Jules, sassy, Quill, sexy mama and several others over the years..

Everyone on here, including you, gives as good as they get.
However.

Some attack more than others and for no reason.
Some don’t attack at all, even when attacked.
Some only attack in defence.

Which category would you put yourself in?
Which category would you put me in?

Very interested in your answers and subsequent visible proof, thereafter.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:32 pm

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Cool

Too right, that...

Everyone on here, including you, gives as good as they get.
However.

Some attack more than others and for no reason.
Some don’t attack at all, even when attacked.
Some only attack in defence.

Which category would you put yourself in?
Which category would you put me in?

Very interested in your answers and subsequent visible proof, thereafter.  

He seldom answers after he has made one of his unprovoked attacks on anyone.
He posts and runs.

He is in the right thread though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:44 am

He's a typical example of a "keyboard warrior" , wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:35 am

I dont think on the whole we have too much trolling on this forum, just the usual suspect who as I say hits and runs.

I have known of forums where real goading and taunting, where several people pick a victim and bait relentlessly, over months even years happens.

Why people stay on those forums is a mystery ...obviously some people enjoy tormenting anonymously, others enjoy watching people being bullied, probably thinking if they join in they will be safe from being the next target.

When statistics show that the number of  young people who now suffer mental problems like depression has risen over the last years,  and so many youngsters spend so much time on the internet daily, imo the connection is pretty obvious between mental health and social media.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:27 pm

nicko wrote:He's a typical example of a "keyboard warrior" ,  wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life !

I think he was a bit more complex than that.  The OP article says:

The 43-year-old dad hanged himself in a live broadcast in front of viewers around the globe on a video chat forum.

He was old enough to have some experience, to have borne children, and the "live broadcast" part shows some sophistication.  There was a point to his unusual, if fatal, missive.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:He's a typical example of a "keyboard warrior" ,  wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life !

I think he was a bit more complex than that.  The OP article says:

He was old enough to have some experience, to have borne children, and the "live broadcast" part shows some sophistication.  There was a point to his unusual, if fatal, missive.

I dont think Nicko was referring to the man in the OP when he made that comment.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:52 pm

I was referring to Wolfie Quill !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:08 pm

nicko wrote:I was referring to Wolfie Quill !

I was posting on the topic of the thread. I believe I was within my rights to assume you were too.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:43 pm

Never "assume" it's makes an ass of me ![or you]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:23 pm

nicko wrote:Never "assume"     it's makes an ass of me ![or you]

Well, with you that is certainly true. Razz But, not me. Evil or Very Mad

It's a universal assumption that one has the right to address the topic of the thread as expressed in the title. Likewise, that others are doing the same.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:20 pm

Fuck me Quill, you are up yourself sometimes, where's your sense of humour ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:40 am

nicko wrote:Fuck me Quill, you are up yourself sometimes, where's your sense of humour ?

You don't sound as if you are in a laughing mood. Evil or Very Mad

Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:34 am

Original Quill wrote:
nicko wrote:Never "assume"     it's makes an ass of me ![or you]

Well, with you that is certainly true.   Razz   But, not me.   Evil or Very Mad

It's a universal assumption that one has the right to address the topic of the thread as expressed in the title.  Likewise, that others are doing the same.
But a thread, like a conversation, can often veer in another direction. Smile

I think we have all answered a thread not realising the topic has moved on, leaving your own post looking a bit odd....I know I have done that lots of times. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down