NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia

+2
The Devil, You Know
Andy
6 posters

Go down

Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Empty Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia

Post by Andy Thu May 31, 2018 7:12 am

About time too.
And there is some evidence of that from the Tories on here as well.

http://news.sky.com/story/Muslim-council-of-britain-calls-for-inquiry-into-tory-islamophobia-11390371

Last edited by Angry Andy on Thu May 31, 2018 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Empty Re: Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2018 8:13 am

Angry Andy wrote:About time too.
And there is some evidence of that from the Tories on her as well.

http://news.sky.com/story/Muslim-council-of-britain-calls-for-inquiry-into-tory-islamophobia-11390371

I agree on the points that is appalling to call Muslims parasites and calling Islam the new Nazism. Which is really dumb, because Islam existed before Nazism. This should be looked into, but Mohammad did marry a 9 year old girl.  Where it also can encourage Muslims to believe they can marry young girls also. As its taught in Islam to emulate Muhammad.Not sure how you can deny that is not wrong to say. I mean i think Jesus was a no good hippy, that advocated family abandoment. Does not mean I hate Christians, far from it, I just think the individual Jesus was a tit in that regard. Historical characters are definately open to criticism

Of course they should investigate the party if hate is being expressed towards Muslims.

Back to top Go down

Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Empty Re: Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu May 31, 2018 11:00 am

how is labours antisemitism going?
Can you highlight this tory islamaphobia?
I haven't seen any as far as I am aware.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2018 11:01 am

The Devil, You Know wrote:

Deflection alert and is a seperate issue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu May 31, 2018 11:03 am

the prophet Mohammed was a paedophile by any definition of the word. As he is seen as perfect by the islamic world that means any Muslim man should act like him. Would you agree or disagree with sex with children?

Last edited by The Devil, You Know on Thu May 31, 2018 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu May 31, 2018 12:44 pm

And every Muslim woman?
Must be weird being married to a Muslim paedo.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2018 1:03 pm

Angry Andy wrote:And every Muslim woman?

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu May 31, 2018 3:53 pm

I'v often wondered that myself Didge !!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2018 4:47 pm

nicko wrote:I'v often wondered that myself Didge !!

Its another new low for him to yet again bring a posters wife into this

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu May 31, 2018 4:50 pm

if even the racist YAB considers grooming gangs a Muslim problem it is hard to argue.
https://inews.co.uk/opinion/columnists/Muslim-community-still-denial-rochdale/
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Thu May 31, 2018 4:51 pm

is that meant to be a dig at me. I think you will find she married me precisely because I wasn't a Muslim. What a fucking racist you are.
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 31, 2018 5:26 pm

the prophet Mohammed was a paedophile by any definition of the word. As he is seen as perfect by the islamic world that means any Muslim man should act like him. Would you agree or disagree with sex with children?

The well-established, but not altogether agreed upon, tradition of Lady Ayesha’s age at the time of marrying Prophet Muhammad comes from a hadith in one of the most authentic collections – Sahih al-Bukhari in which Ayesha, herself, states: “The Messenger of God married me when I was six, and consummated the marriage with me when I was nine.”

Of all the criticism that Islam has endured since it appeared on the scene as a new religion fourteen centuries ago, the marriage of Muhammad to Ayesha was not one of them until fairly recently. Muslim apologists, those who defend the Islamic tradition, would argue that a reason for the absence of such criticism is that marriage and age are so historically and culturally contextual. So, for example, it means something very different to be 9 years old in a society in which life expectancy is short as opposed to long life expectancies in the modern West. In reality, the idea of young girls marrying and even conceiving was quite common in the medieval period. In Christianity, for example, it is commonly accepted that Lady Mary was between 12-14 years of age when she was married to Joseph and when she conceived Jesus of virgin birth. So, the Prophet’s marriage to Ayesha was nothing out of the ordinary for the time in which this marriage took place. Insisting on 21st century (Western) ideas on morality and marriage, which evolved in their own right, for a very different time and place is an ahistorical approach.

https://islamfyi.princeton.edu/is-it-true-that-muhammad-married-a-child-bride-by-the-name-of-ayesha-when-he-was-53-and-she-was-9-years-old-if-so-how-do-Muslims-justify-this-from-their-exemplary-prophet/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 31, 2018 5:27 pm

It's like asking why the Israelites didn't just shoot the Egyptians and drive away.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu May 31, 2018 5:30 pm

Yes, but 9 yrs old is pushing it a bit wouldn't you say ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 31, 2018 5:37 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:

The well-established, but not altogether agreed upon, tradition of Lady Ayesha’s age at the time of marrying Prophet Muhammad comes from a hadith in one of the most authentic collections – Sahih al-Bukhari in which Ayesha, herself, states: “The Messenger of God married me when I was six, and consummated the marriage with me when I was nine.”

Of all the criticism that Islam has endured since it appeared on the scene as a new religion fourteen centuries ago, the marriage of Muhammad to Ayesha was not one of them until fairly recently. Muslim apologists, those who defend the Islamic tradition, would argue that a reason for the absence of such criticism is that marriage and age are so historically and culturally contextual. So, for example, it means something very different to be 9 years old in a society in which life expectancy is short as opposed to long life expectancies in the modern West. In reality, the idea of young girls marrying and even conceiving was quite common in the medieval period. In Christianity, for example, it is commonly accepted that Lady Mary was between 12-14 years of age when she was married to Joseph and when she conceived Jesus of virgin birth. So, the Prophet’s marriage to Ayesha was nothing out of the ordinary for the time in which this marriage took place. Insisting on 21st century (Western) ideas on morality and marriage, which evolved in their own right, for a very different time and place is an ahistorical approach.

https://islamfyi.princeton.edu/is-it-true-that-muhammad-married-a-child-bride-by-the-name-of-ayesha-when-he-was-53-and-she-was-9-years-old-if-so-how-do-Muslims-justify-this-from-their-exemplary-prophet/

Sorry but that has to the worse excuse going portrayed in that article

Its well known that people married children in those times, but to consumate the marriage when she was 9?

So even it was for the time, do you not think this deity would pass on this small point of information, that she is not mentally and physically mature enough to have sex?

Hence the absuirdity of the religion, but you still miss the point

Muslims are meant to emulate Muhammad and hence why there is a major problem with child brides in the Middle East, Africa and Southern Asia

So the article can place this in historical context. The sad reality is a number of Muslims still believe they are living in that historical context and many young girls are suffering due to that. Forced into a marriage they should never be in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu May 31, 2018 9:34 pm

is that meant to be a dig at me. I think you will find she married me precisely because I wasn't a Muslim. What a fucking racist you are.

It was a dig at your generalisation thaMuslims were paedophiles.
You made no distinction between male and female.
Whilst most paedos are male,, it isn't exclusive. So if Muslims have a prelediction to liking small kids, it doesn't preclude female Muslims, does it?
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 31, 2018 9:52 pm

Look, I understand that you're trying to make a point here, but you have to make that point without dragging his family into it. Consider this a warning.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:55 am

nicko wrote:Yes, but 9 yrs old is pushing it a bit wouldn't you say ?

it wasn't in England 600 years later Wink

Isabella of Valois, second wife of Richard II of England, whom she married when she was not yet seven. Eleanor of Castile married Edward I of England at age 10.

As Ben's post says it was not unusual at the time.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:57 am

Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Harun-Khan-300x168
Harun Khan, the Secretary General of the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), likes to strike an aggrieved innocent pose. He has been at the forefront of the MCB’s new campaign for an “inquiry” into “Islamophobia” in the Conservative party, offering words like these:
We have long spoken out and proactively challenged terrorism and extremism, as have British Muslims across the country.
The reality of Islamophobia is that Muslims and the Muslim Council of Britain have to deal with the smear of extremism even though they have clearly and consistently condemned violence perpetrated by people who claim to do this in the name of our religion.
Oh dear, Harun, oh dear.
On the MCB website, Khan proudly states this that he is “a management committee member at my local mosque, Redbridge Islamic Centre”.

Would that be the Redbrige Islamic Centre (RIC) that hosted the terrorist cheerleaders of Cage earlier this year? Why, yes, it would.
Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Cage-at-Redbridge-Islamic-Centre-211x300
That should help people to understand why the mosque is on the security radar. As Al-Jazeera reported back in 2014:
Shakur Rahman, an imam at the Redbridge Islamic Centre in east London, told Al Jazeera that he and other mosque officials had been regularly visited by Prevent officers voicing concerns about invited speakers and other events.
“We have people claiming to be Special Branch [SO15] coming in and demanding a meeting with the imam and saying: ‘If you do not comply we are going to make your life difficult,’” Rahman said.
Let’s take a look at a few more episodes in the record of Mr Khan’s mosque.
Ismail Menk
Ismail Menk is a preacher from Zimbabwe. He is an enthusiastic supporter of brutal sharia punishments – he grins when speaking about chopping off hands and feet – and has the most crude and harsh words for homosexuals and pop stars.
He delivered the Friday sermon at the RIC just last month.
Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Ismail-Menk-at-the-Redbridge-Islamic-Centre-300x300

Shakeel Begg
Shakeel Begg is a proven supporter of violent extremism. In 2016, his thuggish lawfare harassment of the BBC was rejected bluntly and comprehensively.
An influential imam has lost a libel action against the BBC after a judge ruled he had promoted violence.
London-based Shakeel Begg sued after being accused on the Sunday Politics show of espousing extreme beliefs.
The judge said Lewisham Islamic Centre’s chief imam had hidden his true views behind a cloak of respectability.
Mr Justice Haddon-Cave said he “clearly promotes and encourages violence in support of Islam and espouses a series of extremist Islamic positions”.
You can read the full Shakeel Begg judgment here. It is damning.
A mosque that has no time for extremists would never welcome Mr Begg. The Redbridge Islamic Centre is no such mosque. Begg spoke there this year and has made a number of appearances in earlier years. In fact, he served as the mosque’s regular imam from 2009 to 2011.
Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Shakeel-Begg-at-the-Redbridge-Islamic-Centre-300x168
Ibtihal Bsis
Ibtihal Bsis is another noted extremist. She was welcomed at the RIC in March 2018:
Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Ibtihal-Bsis-at-the-Redbridge-Islamic-Centre-300x168
She was caught out quite badly by the BBC in 2015. As the then anti-extremist campaigner Sara Khan rightly notes in the BBC report, Bsis’s divisive rhetoric is one of the “push factors” helping to drive Muslims into the arms of the terrorists of Islamic State.

Bsis is reportedly a member of the extremist group Hizb ut-Tahrir. You can see her suggesting that Islamic State is an American conspiracy in this Hizbi publication.
Haitham al-Haddad
Haitham al-Haddad probably needs no introduction here. He is one of Britain’s most notorious hate preachers. If you don’t know him, try this tape, where he says even quiet apostates from Islam will be pursued and murdered.

So, is Haddad welcome at the RIC? Yes, of course.
Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Haitham-al-Haddad-at-the-Redbride-Islamic-Centre-300x300
Incidentally, the MCB “myth busting” page says this:
The Sharia does not permit or sanction acts of hatred or use of violence against any person on grounds of their belief or non-belief.
Perhaps Harun Khan could get that page updated?
Azad Ali
Azad Ali, another proven extremist, is also welcome at the RIC. Here he is, billed alongside Shakeel Begg. Ali has since graduated from the Islamist agitation group Mend to Cage, a perfect place for a man who wants Muslims to pray for jihadis.
Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Azad-Ali-at-the-Redbridge-Islamic-Centre-212x300
Asim Khan
Asim Khan is currently an imam at the RIC. The mosque promotes him enthusiastically.
What does he think of lashing and stoning for premarital or extramarital sex? It’s a great idea.

There’s more to say about Asim Khan but it can wait.
A Friend
So, who would want to be friendly with a political fraudster like Harun Khan? You know the answer.
Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Jeremy-Corbyn-with-Harun-Khan-300x168
Jeremy Corbyn with Harun Khan at the MCB “Leadership Dinner” in April 2018

Allegations of anti-Muslim bigotry should normally be taken seriously.

When they come from Islamist agitators, though, reach for a whole souk of salt.

http://hurryupharry.org/2018/06/06/harun-khan-of-the-Muslim-council-of-britain-political-fraudster/

Video's on link

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:03 pm

Can you highlight this tory islamaphobia?
I haven't seen any as far as I am aware.

Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia 3489511464

Deano would need a powerful telescope to see that far from over there in Turkey...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:55 am

And yet more evidence emerges.

Pro-Tory Facebook group filled with Islamophobic abuse

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jun/09/pro-tory-facebook-group-filled-with-islamophobic-abuse?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:24 am

The fanatics need as much abuse as possible,
Agreed ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:03 am

nicko wrote:The fanatics need as much abuse as possible,
           Agreed ?

Agreed. Especially the 2 fascists who want world domination, Putin and Trump. Brothers in arms.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:54 pm

And the Islamaphobia just keeps rolling on in the Tory party.
It goes all the way to the top, is deliberate and Gove is the chief instigator.
Rotten to the core.
Rotten from the core.

Top Tory declares her party uses hatred of Muslims deliberately to win elections

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/conservative-party-deliberately-uses-dangerous-12681398#ICID=Android_TMNewsApp_AppShare
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:57 pm

It’s difficult to take the Muslim Council of Britain seriously when they do much of anything much less when they call for the governing Conservative Party to launch an investigation into Islamophobia in their own party. It would be interesting to see the reaction of the Muslim Council of Britain were we to call for them to investigate antisemitism within their ranks and in the speakers they invite to mosques affiliated to them.

Harry’s Place exists out of a sense of dissatisfaction from people on the left of the political spectrum who couldn’t understand how it was possible that their movement was allying with and even presenting as progressive those whose views on freedom of speech, homosexuality, freedom of religion (and freedom to abandon religion) were so utterly reactionary as to advocate Koranic punishments for them. More than this, the founders of the blog couldn’t understand how it was possible that not only were the leaders of the left wing turning a blind eye to this but actively embracing those who justified and even advocated killing innocent people for example the “crime” of living a liberal life in the West and leaving their religion behind them.

Watching people such as Yusuf Qaradawi, whose rulings provided religious justification for suicide bombings against Israeli civilians, being literally embraced by Ken Livingstone is a case in point:
Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Screen-Shot-2018-06-09-at-08.38.01
And now Jeremy Corbyn has backed the Muslim Council of Britain’s demand that the Constervatives launch an investigation into Islamophobia in its ranks. Writing in the Telegraph Ed Husain calls this “the worst kind of whataboutery”he goes on to say;
For more than a decade, Corbyn has been a vocal supporter of the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB) and a friend to several of its leaders. To their shame, the MCB – who were first to call for an inquiry into Islamophobia in the Tory party – have used the term as a political card, mimicking homophobia. Anti-Muslim bigotry undoubtedly exists, but it must be more than merely a stick with which to beat the Conservatives, a political party which gave the world a Muslim chairperson, a culturally Muslim Home Secretary and prime ministers that host Iftar and Eid gatherings in Downing Street.
He adds:
We forget at our peril that the MCB’s long-term leader Sir Iqbal Sacranie (yes, knighted) led campaigns against freedom of expression, saying that “death” would be “too easy” for Salman Rushdie. This is the same MCB that refused to attend Holocaust Memorial Day for years, and which, after the July 7 terrorist attacks, blamed British foreign policy for the deaths of innocents in London. A poll by Policy Exchange found that only 2 per cent of UK Muslims saw themselves as represented by the MCB.

Sayeeda Warsi, the first Muslim Chairperson of the Tory Party, has supported the MCB call for an inquiry into islamophobia. Warsi resigned from her role as Foreign Office Minister in 2014. Her stated reason for doing so was over David Cameron’s refusal to sanction Israel harshly enough during the 2014 war between Israel and Hamas in Gaza. She Tweeted that:
Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Y20IM7T7_bigger

Sayeeda Warsi
✔️@SayeedaWarsi

[ltr]With deep regret I have this morning written to the Prime Minister & tendered my resignation. I can no longer support Govt policy on #Gaza[/ltr]

[ltr]
But whereas Warsi takes issue with the UK government’s inability to remain a colonial power and force other countries around the world, or perhaps just Israel, to handover their decision making process to London she’s by no means too moral to share platforms with antisemites like Asa Winstanley and Tim “Jewish power” Llewelyn:[/ltr]

Call for enquiry into Tory Islamaphobia Screen-Shot-2018-06-09-at-10.04.44-1024x313

Asa Winstanley claims that antisemitism in the Labour Party is just a conspiracy to attack Jeremy Corbyn, yet Warsi had no moral issues about sitting right next to him in order to attack Israel and the British government as it was 100 years ago. The above event took place at the end of last year in Bath.

While the source of the call for an inquiry is odious the question at the heart of it is an important one. Is there islamophobia in the Conservative Party?

Yes there is. The party has suspended members and even councillors for making odious remarks on their social media. Should victims of racism be reporting that racism to the party with the expectation that the party will act?
Yes of course they should.

In his inquiry into the handling of the murder of the black teenager Stephen Lawrence Sir William Macpherson established an important principle when it came to the way issues of racism should be handled, he stated that a racist incident is “any incident which is perceived to be racist by the victim or any other person”. This doesn’t mean that an incident perceived as racist is, in fact racist, it places an obligation on the part of the investigating authority to do their job and investigate, to take the complaint seriously, to establish the facts of the matter.

With this in mind and despite the clear issues surrounding Warsi and the MCB it can only be to the better of the Conservative Party to investigate the extent of racism in its ranks.

Where there are instances where members have been islamophobic or victims of islamophobia the party must take the appropriate disciplinary action, if it isn’t already.

Whether or not it’s a full blown inquiry or taking extra measures is irrelevant the point is that if people, even the MCB, are claiming victimhood the Tory Party has an obligation to check as to whether there is any truth to the allegations.

http://hurryupharry.org/2018/06/09/the-Muslim-council-of-britain-call-for-an-inquiry-into-islamophobia-in-the-tory-party/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down