NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Household tax bills need to rise by £2,000 a year to save the NHS and help it reach its waiting time targets, economists warn

+7
Andy
'Wolfie
veya_victaous
Syl
Raggamuffin
Vintage
HoratioTarr
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Household tax bills need to rise by £2,000 a year to save the NHS and help it reach its waiting time targets, economists warn   - Page 3 Empty Household tax bills need to rise by £2,000 a year to save the NHS and help it reach its waiting time targets, economists warn

Post by Guest Thu May 24, 2018 6:16 am

First topic message reminder :

[*]Institute for Fiscal Studies warns tax will have to rise for NHS to keep running 
[*]It warns spending on healthcare will have to increase by 3.3% over next 15 years
[*]Ageing population, more complex illnesses and rising cost of drugs are to blame

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5764763/UK-households-forced-pay-2-000-extra-tax-year-save-NHS.html#ixzz5GORnueTm 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

As I keep saying, throwing money continually at a problem. Is not going to solve that problem
What we need to do is adopt a far better system, like Canada, Australia etc

Back to top Go down

Household tax bills need to rise by £2,000 a year to save the NHS and help it reach its waiting time targets, economists warn   - Page 3 Empty Re: Household tax bills need to rise by £2,000 a year to save the NHS and help it reach its waiting time targets, economists warn

Post by Tommy Monk Tue May 29, 2018 8:41 pm

You know nothing about my life dodge...

And you didn't answer my question...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Household tax bills need to rise by £2,000 a year to save the NHS and help it reach its waiting time targets, economists warn   - Page 3 Empty Re: Household tax bills need to rise by £2,000 a year to save the NHS and help it reach its waiting time targets, economists warn

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
You know nothing about my life dodge...

And you didn't answer my question...

I dont need to know, when you easily show how selfish you can be

Limits on immigration?

No, not at present when we have an aging population and we need a balance to this with younger people

There is no real limit anyway. Or did you not know that?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 29, 2018 8:49 pm

I’ll repeat. Didn’t didge used to work for the NHS?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 8:50 pm

eddie wrote:I’ll repeat. Didn’t didge used to work for the NHS?

I did used to Eddie and why I think its failing badly in many areas.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 29, 2018 8:52 pm

Didge wrote:

And I pretty much always value comments from people in the know, with inside knowledge, rather than links to articles.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 29, 2018 8:55 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

And I pretty much always value comments from people in the know, with inside knowledge, rather than links to articles.

I have seen how more and more elderly end up being stuck in hospital. With little for many to be discharged and have the proper care needed for them and this is only getting worse. We have an aging population and this is only going to get worse. We really need to have a re-think about the NHS. As we are falling behind many countries when it comes to care and saving lives.

I know you appreciate that and again more than most. I wish I was more like that at times, but even I fall foul of being skeptical of claims made by people.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 29, 2018 9:19 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

I have seen how more and more elderly end up being stuck in hospital. With little for many to be discharged and have the proper care needed for them and this is only getting worse. We have an aging population and this is only going to get worse. We really need to have a re-think about the NHS. As we are falling behind many countries when it comes to care and saving lives.

I know you appreciate that and again more than most. I wish I was more like that at times, but even I fall foul of being skeptical of claims made by people.

Well, I tend to take people at face value and believe their experiences.
My mum worked for the NHS for years - you and I have talked about this - and she said pretty much the same thing.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 30, 2018 12:31 am

My aunt was a nurse for 40 years... and my cousin was a GP...

I have worked in hospitals too...

So...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 30, 2018 3:50 am

Tommy Monk wrote:It is a diet that is needed, out with the junk food, and lose a load of the unnecessary dead weight!!!

I quite agree. What you are talking about is a reapportionment of priorities. But you want to go only so far, tommy. If we’re going to have a real diet, let’s go all the way. You want only some elements of society to have to give…have the courage of your convictions and make all elements have to adjust.

What we spend on is ridiculous. The NHS exists for the protection of people. Yet, we spend the vast preponderance of our wealth on our military, which proportedly exists for the protection of our people. What on earth is the difference? So, if we simply readjusted our priorities at a more fundamental level, we could easily manage.

What is the difference between the enemy at our borders from the enemy within us? The enemy at our borders have the same frailities and illnesses…perhaps if we helped them with their health needs, they could be friends at our borders. Then, if there are any enemies left, they would help us rather than opposing us. The money saved that would otherwise go into a gigantic and costly military apparatus, could then be put into good use curing known and unknown illnesses. That would be a much more efficient use of our wealth than wasting it on the vacuum of enmity.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed May 30, 2018 11:36 am

I was referring to immigration...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 30, 2018 5:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I was referring to immigration...

My point was, you need to widen your horizons. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 30, 2018 10:41 pm

Yes, but you don't know what his job was. I worked for the NHS a long time ago too.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3