NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock!

+2
eddie
Raggamuffin
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock! - Page 2 Empty Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:22 am

First topic message reminder :

12th February 2014

Stop benefits, stop this!

She spent £10,000 proving he had it. I'd have told her he had it for £5,000.

A loving mother was spied on by teachers and accused of making up her child’s autism after she demanded more help in the classroom.

Jenny Lockley was suspected of having Münchausen Syndrome by Proxy (MSBP) – in which sufferers fabricate illness in a child to draw attention to themselves – because she insisted her son Sam had needed support.

Nursery school teachers dismissed three diagnoses of autism, one by a world-renowned doctor, and put the 39-year-old through an experience she described as a ‘witch hunt’.

Mrs Lockley said: ‘I was gutted to find out what they had engaged in, which was basically a witch hunt. My world fell apart.’

She said that problems started when she tried to get Sam, who is now 12, assessed for special needs, only to be told he was fine.

During a six-year battle, she spent £10,000 on private medical reports proving that her son needed extra help, and £14,000 on lawyers to force Solihull Council to fund a place at a private school for autistic children. In 2010, she succeeded.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2554867/The-schools-spy-Munchausen-Mums-Teachers-accuse-lying-childrens-autism-attention.html#ixzz2t6Ns6Z9k

Back to top Go down

Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock! - Page 2 Empty Re: Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock!

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:30 pm

I remember about five years ago, taking a trip to London. I wasn't with a tour group or anything and I think that's why I was able to spot certain people doing suspicious things in plain sight. They were wearing a lot of Reebok and Adidas-branding clothing, flashing a lot of jewelry, and they all seemed to be whispering something about "bovver." I took my baseball cap out of my backpack, put it on, turned it off to the side and followed a small group of them.

Turns out, they were heading to a secret meeting held by a Labour MP who gave elaborate instructions on how to teach a child to fake a serious developmental issue. "This is but one of the ways we will tear down the job-doers and the money-havers," the MP said, envy burning in his eyes. He gave the distinct impression other similar meetings were happening in secret underground locations, including the basements of many mosques, all over the country.

Anyway, what was that all about?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock! - Page 2 Empty Re: Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:33 pm

sphinx wrote:Look face it folks - big andy lives in the promised land - that place where a person can go through life without experiencing illness or disability either themselves or in close relatives.

Unless and until he leaves that land he is going to continue to believe the lies and misinformation that is told to the people of that land - and we should not blame him for that.  It is not his fault life has protected him from knowledge.

He is not through his life yet Sphinx he may learn the hard way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:35 pm

Sassy wrote:It's his fault he doesn't find out the truth and perpetuates the myths.   That's ignorance for the sake of it.

When you are in an environment where you believe what you are told is the truth then failure to look at other possibilities is natural. We all do it.

Everything andy reads and is told gels with his experience - there was a time when I was the same and I believed similar to how he did. It takes experience to change your point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:38 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
sphinx wrote:Look face it folks - big andy lives in the promised land - that place where a person can go through life without experiencing illness or disability either themselves or in close relatives.

Unless and until he leaves that land he is going to continue to believe the lies and misinformation that is told to the people of that land - and we should not blame him for that.  It is not his fault life has protected him from knowledge.

I know.

I hope that if that is the case then he is greeted in his new knowledge with understanding support and forgiveness and not a bunch of people going "we told you so"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:40 pm

sphinx wrote:
Sassy wrote:It's his fault he doesn't find out the truth and perpetuates the myths.   That's ignorance for the sake of it.

When you are in an environment where you believe what you are told is the truth then failure to look at other possibilities is natural.  We all do it.

Everything andy reads and is told gels with his experience - there was a time when I was the same and I believed similar to how he did.  It takes experience to change your point of view.

Well I'll have to disagree, because I think Andy likes to believe it and deliberately ignores the other side of the story because he likes to reinforce his own prejudices. And that's ignorance for the sake of it, and cultivated ignorance because you like it, it gives you an excuse to be nasty of people weaker than you. I simply refuse to believe that he has never had one person who he knows, friend or family, that has never been sick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:47 pm

sphinx wrote:

When you are in an environment where you believe what you are told is the truth then failure to look at other possibilities is natural.  We all do it.

Everything andy reads and is told gels with his experience - there was a time when I was the same and I believed similar to how he did.  It takes experience to change your point of view.

Well my wee lad had three health professionals diagnose him, and when he was only 2 1/2 years old...very early.

These professionals are trained in what to look for, my wee lad also attends speech therapy and when the time for school comes, he will be attending a school with a very good unit for autistic children.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:08 pm

Sassy wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Well I'll have to disagree, because I think Andy likes to believe it and deliberately ignores the other side of the story because he likes to reinforce his own prejudices.   And that's ignorance for the sake of it, and cultivated ignorance because you like it, it gives you an excuse to be nasty of people weaker than you.   I simply refuse to believe that he has never had one person who he knows, friend or family, that has never been sick.

There is a difference between being sick and long term chronic health and disability. It is more than possible to not have a clue - because unless it is your nearest and dearest people are quite simply not going to publicise what they go through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:11 pm

I think you are being extremely charitable Sphinx. Andy thinks it is a stick he can beat people with and is probably well aware that its completely wrong, but thinks he's being clever. He's not.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:15 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I remember about five years ago, taking a trip to London. I wasn't with a tour group or anything and I think that's why I was able to spot certain people doing suspicious things in plain sight. They were wearing a lot of Reebok and Adidas-branding clothing, flashing a lot of jewelry, and they all seemed to be whispering something about "bovver." I took my baseball cap out of my backpack, put it on, turned it off to the side and followed a small group of them.

Turns out, they were heading to a secret meeting held by a Labour MP who gave elaborate instructions on how to teach a child to fake a serious developmental issue. "This is but one of the ways we will tear down the job-doers and the money-havers," the MP said, envy burning in his eyes. He gave the distinct impression other similar meetings were happening in secret underground locations, including the basements of many mosques, all over the country.

Hahahahahahaha good post  ://?roflmao?/: 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:47 pm

NemsAgain wrote:

I am a war pensioner who has a 1 year old niece who has cerebral palsy.

As I told you on spekkensfrei, when I was 10 I was homeless and ended up living in my uncles house with my mum, brother and sister in one bedroom and my elder brother and uncle in the other bedroom - there was no bathroom in that house and the toilet was at the bottom of the garden.

Luckily I had big dreams, and with Margaret Thatcher's help and some hard work I think I did alright at school. I then did very well in the army.

No, I don't live in the promised land.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:48 pm

But here's the important bit - 15 years later I reckon myself, my 2 brothers and sister would probably be in council houses (only 1 of us are - edit: should that be "is"?? - please discuss) and on benefits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:49 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:I remember about five years ago, taking a trip to London. I wasn't with a tour group or anything and I think that's why I was able to spot certain people doing suspicious things in plain sight. They were wearing a lot of Reebok and Adidas-branding clothing, flashing a lot of jewelry, and they all seemed to be whispering something about "bovver." I took my baseball cap out of my backpack, put it on, turned it off to the side and followed a small group of them.

Hahahahahahaha good post  ://?roflmao?/: 

Muchas gracias, amiga :D
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:44 pm

I know someone with a son who was bright, intelligent and a bit lively, and otherwise quite normal in every way, but after school raised concerns about him being a bit of a day-dreamer, the doctor said he was ADHD and prescribed pills to make him more like a veg/drone.

His father wasn't happy, but after then finding out that they could claim more benefits because of this 'disability', suddenly became all in favour of the diagnosis!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:51 pm

Yea right, a parent in bound to do that to their child. Give over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:02 am

Sassy wrote:Yea right, a parent in bound to do that to their child. Give over.

They claim the extra benefits but don't make the boy take the pills.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:03 am

Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:10 am

This draw for extra benefits might explain the OP.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:14 am

No, fighting the authorities and doing the best for her son explains the OP:

Nursery school teachers dismissed three diagnoses of autism, one by a world-renowned doctor, and put the 39-year-old through an experience she described as a ‘witch hunt’.

- See more at: http://todayhealthchannel.com/2014/02/09/the-schools-that-spy-on-munchausen-mums-teachers-accuse-them-of-lying/#sthash.UXIMxuxT.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:22 am

This is a complicated and rare example.

The fact that these 'diagnosis' are on the increase and that extra benefits are available as a result.....

It only takes a bit of parental playground chatter to spread the word of possible extra money and there are many out there who will jump at the chance!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:25 am

Nothing rare about it, most parents who have children with disabilities have to fight to get them the right help and education, and most don't give a flying fuck about benefits.

Are you so stupid that you think only poor people have children with disabilities?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:28 am

I don't doubt that, but on the flip side, there are others who will be happy to 'achieve' a diagnosis for the extra benefits it brings, as stated in my ACTUAL REAL LIFE EXAMPLE!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:30 am

Your actual REAL LIFE EXAMPLE is a load of hogwash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:37 am

It is true, you saying it is not means nothing.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:43 am

It's amazing how all these people who demonise those that have to claim benefits, know so many of them.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:28 am

It's the ones who know loads of people on benefits, who also know the reality of and levels of scamming that many of these people are doing!!!

I have claimed benefits many times myself over the years, and have seen it first hand!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:32 am

Of course you have.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:45 am

I am currently on ESA due to illness.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:50 am

Tommy Monk wrote:I know someone with a son who was bright, intelligent and a bit lively, and otherwise quite normal in every way, but after school raised concerns about him being a bit of a day-dreamer, the doctor said he was ADHD and prescribed pills to make him more like a veg/drone.

His father wasn't happy, but after then finding out that they could claim more benefits because of this 'disability', suddenly became all in favour of the diagnosis!

It happens a hell of a lot Tommy.

There's big money in disabilities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:58 am

Sassy wrote:Of course you have.  Rolling Eyes 

Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:03 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I don't doubt that, but on the flip side, there are others who will be happy to 'achieve' a diagnosis for the extra benefits it brings, as stated in my ACTUAL REAL LIFE EXAMPLE!

It's alright Tam, we will keep you, Andy and co on benefits from our whiskey and North Sea oil revenues. :D 

Happy to help. :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:13 am

BigAndy9 wrote:But here's the important bit - 15 years later I reckon myself, my 2 brothers and sister would probably be in council houses (only 1 of us are - edit:  should that be "is"?? - please discuss) and on benefits.

Andy do you expect everyone to be a good as you  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 

Some people are achievers, You are apparently one, So am I. But a lot of people aren't.
Sometimes we have to accept the limitations of others.   :::grouch::
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:I don't doubt that, but on the flip side, there are others who will be happy to 'achieve' a diagnosis for the extra benefits it brings, as stated in my ACTUAL REAL LIFE EXAMPLE!
It's alright Tam, we will keep you, Andy and co on benefits from our whiskey and North Sea oil revenues. :D 

Not at all, my couple of months on ESA due to illness is already paid for many times over by the tax money I have already paid in over the years.

And I'll be back to work in a couple of weeks paying even more into the system.

Nothing to do with the other points I raised though.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Not at all, my couple of months on ESA due to illness is already paid for many times over by the tax money I have already paid in over the years.

And I'll be back to work in a couple of weeks paying even more into the system.

Nothing to do with the other points I raised though.

What point was then Tam?, your claim that parents are happy to 'pretend' their  children have conditions such as autism in an attempt to get extra benefits ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:46 pm

Some people will do all sorts of things to improve their chances of getting ahead or getting more, or to get away with things in life.

I never said parents 'pretend' their children have autism to get extra benefits.

But I am in no doubt that some will happily exaggerate problems if able to gain extra in some way.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2