NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock!

+2
eddie
Raggamuffin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock! Empty Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:22 am

12th February 2014

Stop benefits, stop this!

She spent £10,000 proving he had it. I'd have told her he had it for £5,000.

A loving mother was spied on by teachers and accused of making up her child’s autism after she demanded more help in the classroom.

Jenny Lockley was suspected of having Münchausen Syndrome by Proxy (MSBP) – in which sufferers fabricate illness in a child to draw attention to themselves – because she insisted her son Sam had needed support.

Nursery school teachers dismissed three diagnoses of autism, one by a world-renowned doctor, and put the 39-year-old through an experience she described as a ‘witch hunt’.

Mrs Lockley said: ‘I was gutted to find out what they had engaged in, which was basically a witch hunt. My world fell apart.’

She said that problems started when she tried to get Sam, who is now 12, assessed for special needs, only to be told he was fine.

During a six-year battle, she spent £10,000 on private medical reports proving that her son needed extra help, and £14,000 on lawyers to force Solihull Council to fund a place at a private school for autistic children. In 2010, she succeeded.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2554867/The-schools-spy-Munchausen-Mums-Teachers-accuse-lying-childrens-autism-attention.html#ixzz2t6Ns6Z9k

Back to top Go down

Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock! Empty Re: Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock!

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:26 am

What are you shocked about? The school's attitude, or someone claiming their child is autistic when he isn't?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock! Empty Re: Schools Noticing Parents Faking Autism In Their Kids - Shock!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:53 am

BigAndy9 wrote:12th February 2014

She spent £10,000 proving he had it.  I'd have told her he had it for £5,000.

A loving mother was spied on by teachers and accused of making up her child’s autism after she demanded more help in the classroom.

Jenny Lockley was suspected of having Münchausen Syndrome by Proxy (MSBP) – in which sufferers fabricate illness in a child to draw attention to themselves – because she insisted her son Sam had needed support.

Nursery school teachers dismissed three diagnoses of autism, one by a world-renowned doctor, and put the 39-year-old through an  experience she described as a ‘witch hunt’.

Mrs Lockley said: ‘I was gutted to find out what they had engaged in, which was basically a witch hunt. My world fell apart.’

She said that problems started when she tried to get Sam, who is now 12, assessed for special needs, only to be told he was fine.

During a six-year battle, she spent £10,000 on private medical reports proving that her son needed extra help, and £14,000 on lawyers to force Solihull Council to fund a place at a private school for autistic children. In 2010, she succeeded.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2554867/The-schools-spy-Munchausen-Mums-Teachers-accuse-lying-childrens-autism-attention.html#ixzz2t6Ns6Z9k

Andy,please don't let this be another dig at my toddler man, he is only just turned 4 and he has not the capability to pretend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:54 am

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:12th February 2014

She spent £10,000 proving he had it.  I'd have told her he had it for £5,000.

Nursery school teachers dismissed three diagnoses of autism, one by a world-renowned doctor, and put the 39-year-old through an  experience she described as a ‘witch hunt’.

Andy,please don't let this be another dig at my toddler man, he is only just turned 4 and he has not the capability to pretend.

JD - I've never had a dig at your toddler.

It is in the Daily Mail, as you can see.

Now, grow up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:57 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Now, grow up!

Andy you did say before that autism is all made up and does not exist, folk who do pretend their child is autistic are very sad people and need to be exposed...

For what it's worth the daily mail sometimes do print stories with much truth, but also often lie and put their own spin on things.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:00 am

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Now, grow up!

Andy you did say before that autism is all made up and does not exist, folk who do pretend their child is autistic are very sad people and need to be exposed...

For what it's worth the daily mail sometimes do print stories with much truth, but also often lie and put their own spin on things.

Right, and...

JD - if I start a thread about black people and you happen to be black, I want to talk about black people, not you.

Same goes for... well, anything else!

I started it, so therefore, are you having a dig at me??

Is Mr Catman having a dig at others - people do not know other people on here - if other people at some point bring personal things in to a thread it is them who are starting things.

Most of us just want to debate news items, and anything else that interests them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:06 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Right, and...

JD - if I start a thread about black people and you happen to be black, I want to talk about black people, not you.

Is Mr Catman having a dig at others - people do not know other people on here - if other people at some point bring personal things in to a thread it is them who are starting things.

Most of us just want to debate news items, and anything else that interests them.

No Andy, I'm not having a dig, my memory might not be what it was , but I can still remember you saying that autism was nonsense , just a ploy...

I've reason to question this thread because of those previous things YOU have said...

Now don't make me kick your arse Andy  Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:08 am

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Right, and...

No Andy, I'm not having a dig, my memory might not be what it was , but I can still remember you saying that autism was nonsense , just a ploy...

I've reason to question this thread because of those previous things YOU have said...

JD, I do believe that!

This thread supports that belief, hence why I have put it up.

Now, choose your weapon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:16 am

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Now, grow up!

I think a lot of people confuse autism with ADHD, which can be made up to cover for simple bad behaviour.

My friend asked if I could give her son some work around the yard; he's a healthy, seemingly well-balanced, strong young bloke, but she explained to me that he's never worked as he's registered disabled with ADHD, which was diagnosed when he got expelled from school. Well I knew him for quite a long time and he never showed any symptoms of anything unusual, physically and mentally well co-ordinated. I couldn't see anything wrong with him; certainly nothing that would prevent him having a normal job. Autism on the other hand is another kettle of fish entirely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:17 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

JD, I do believe that!

This thread supports that belief, hence why I have put it up.

Now, choose your weapon!

..what is it you believe Andy?, that autism is faked full stop?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:20 am

When I go to the doctor's with a niggle somewhere, I want an answer - I want that niggle labelled.

We took our son to the doctor's years ago with a chesty cough or something - the doctor said he may have mild asthma - I think he was about 2 or 3. Gave us an inhaler - we smiled and went away - didn't let that inhaler near him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:23 am

Tess. wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I think a lot of people confuse autism with ADHD, which can be made up to cover for simple bad behaviour.

My friend asked if I could give her son some work around the yard; he's a healthy, seemingly well-balanced, strong young bloke, but she explained to me that he's never worked as he's registered disabled with ADHD, which was diagnosed when he got expelled from school.  Well I knew him for quite a long time and he never showed any symptoms of anything unusual, physically and mentally well co-ordinated.  I couldn't see anything wrong with him; certainly nothing that would prevent him having a normal job.  Autism on the other hand is another kettle of fish entirely.

I believe it sometimes doe get confused with that too Tess, my wee lad still can't talk, can say a couple of words but well behind the our others at that age, had his diagnosis very early which is quite unusual, by a doctor, a speech therapist and another health professional ...

He still tries to lick pictures of ice cream on telly etc, likes routine, hates it being upset , lines things up in order , walks on his tip toes fairly often, has no sense of danger, hates crowded places, certain noises...covers his ears and gets really upset...etc etc, doesn't understand he has to wait in a queue for turns on the slide at the play park. Loads of things Tess...

But I understand what you say as I believe some do confuse both too, and some are that uneducated about autism that they think it is just an excuse for kids to 'behave badly'....I used to think that before I had a bairn with it, I feel ignorant and daft for that now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:26 am

Joy Division wrote:
Tess. wrote:

My friend asked if I could give her son some work around the yard; he's a healthy, seemingly well-balanced, strong young bloke, but she explained to me that he's never worked as he's registered disabled with ADHD, which was diagnosed when he got expelled from school.  Well I knew him for quite a long time and he never showed any symptoms of anything unusual, physically and mentally well co-ordinated.  I couldn't see anything wrong with him; certainly nothing that would prevent him having a normal job.  Autism on the other hand is another kettle of fish entirely.

I believe it sometimes doe get confused with that too Tess, my wee lad still can't talk, can say a couple of words but well behind the our others at that age, had his diagnosis very early which is quite unusual, by a doctor, a speech therapist and another health professional ...

He still tries to lick pictures of ice cream on telly etc, likes routine, hates it being upset , lines things up in order , walks on his tip toes fairly often, has no sense of danger, hates crowded places, certain noises...covers his ears and gets really upset...etc etc, doesn't understand he has to wait in a queue for turns on the slide at the play park. Loads of things Tess...

But I understand what you say as I believe some do confuse both too, and some are that uneducated about autism that they think it is just an excuse for kids to 'behave badly'....I used to think that before I had a bairn with it, I feel ignorant and daft for that now.

Absolutely no offence meant - that could be a description of many kids JD, so i'll say it:

"that could be a description of many kids".

In fact, flip me - I used to do half of them, maybe that's why I'm such a flippin snapper these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:26 am

BigAndy9 wrote:When I go to the doctor's with a niggle somewhere, I want an answer - I want that niggle labelled.

We took our son to the doctor's years ago with a chesty cough or something - the doctor said he may have mild asthma - I think he was about 2 or 3.  Gave us an inhaler - we smiled and went away - didn't let that inhaler near him.

Well that's good you e not had to use it Andy, but asthma and autism are two completely different things...

That can be the problem in life, some folk thinking what works for one will work for all, we are all different , our bodies and minds handle things different, just like one person can be prone to infections more than another.

It would be good if we our bodies all did cope the same with every illness and condition, but it is not realistic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:28 am

Adding a little humour to it...

...I still hate queuing up to bang Iron Brew's missus at the local club's swinger's nights!

:D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:28 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Absolutely no offence meant - that could be a description of many kids JD, so i'll say it:

In fact, flip me - I used to do half of them, maybe that's why I'm such a flippin snapper these days.

Well none taken Andy, but I'm disappointed  that you think autism is not a real condition. As your posts do suggest  that is what you believe Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:29 am

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Well none taken Andy, bit I'm disappointed  that you think autism is not a real condition. As your posts do suggest  that is what you believe Sad

Let me put you out of your misery, yet again - correct, that's what I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:32 am

Wouldn't the staff at the school have noticed if the boy is autistic?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:39 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Wouldn't the staff at the school have noticed if the boy is autistic?

You have to wonder why the woman had to spend so much money going to different "experts" to get a "yes vote".

If somebody had said no he's fine, I'd have thought she'd be over the moon. What exactly do you get from having an autistic child? One with ADHD?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:41 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Wouldn't the staff at the school have noticed if the boy is autistic?

You have to wonder why the woman had to spend so much money going to different "experts" to get a "yes vote".

If somebody had said no he's fine, I'd have thought she'd be over the moon.  What exactly do you get from having an autistic child?  One with ADHD?

I don't know, but I think some people want their children to be different or get more attention, or perhaps they've read about autism on the internet and convinced themselves that their child has the symptoms.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:43 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

If somebody had said no he's fine, I'd have thought she'd be over the moon.  What exactly do you get from having an autistic child?  One with ADHD?

I don't know, but I think some people want their children to be different or get more attention, or perhaps they've read about autism on the internet and convinced themselves that their child has the symptoms.

We're always looking for answers, now more than ever.

In the good old days, religion gave people every answer they wanted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:45 am

BigAndy9 wrote:Adding a little humour to it...

...I still hate queuing up to bang Iron Brew's missus at the local club's swinger's nights!

Humour?

Your laughing on your own on this one Andy, Irn is a braw lad , there just no need for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 am

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Adding a little humour to it...

Humour?

Your laughing on your own on this one Andy, Irn is a braw lad , there just no need for that.

You've let yourself down JD. Trying to take the high road when it suits you just doesn't cut it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:48 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Well none taken Andy, bit I'm disappointed  that you think autism is not a real condition. As your posts do suggest  that is what you believe Sad

You really should make up your mind then , as last week when questioned by LD I think, you said you never said before it was all made up, so toddlers etc are faking autism?

Ffs what a terrible view of people you have, a child of Thatcher indeed eh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:49 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Humour?

You've let yourself down JD.  Trying to take the high road when it suits you just doesn't cut it.

What high road? Abusing and insulting Irn and his wife ?..when have I ever done that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:49 am

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

You really should make up your mind then , as last week when questioned by LD I think, you said you never said before it was all made up, so toddlers etc are faking autism?

If you can find that, i'll try and clear it up pal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:51 am

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

You've let yourself down JD.  Trying to take the high road when it suits you just doesn't cut it.

What high road? Abusing and insulting Irn and his wife ?..when have I ever done that?

lol

JD, I have no idea if Irn has a wife.

I'm not abusing anybody. Stop trying to say I am - that's a silly game.

You're an alright guy, and so is Iron.

You know it was a joke and so does everybody else - don't go making a fool of yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:51 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

...ok, hang on..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:07 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

Here goes Andy, you say in this previous post that you don't think autism can be quite ' put on' by a four year old, so spill then....

Re: Lack of sunlight causes autism?
by BigAndy9 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:05 am

Well I wouldn't exactly say it's "put on" - kids of 4 probably couldn't do that.

So, what could it be?

I have some ideas, but i'll keep them to myself - wouldn't want to upset TiTS, Korben or one of his other IDs.

Will check that site out - probably tmw JD!

BigAndy9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:10 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

lol

I'm not abusing anybody.  Stop trying to say I am - that's a silly game.

You know it was a joke and so does everybody else - don't go making a fool of yourself.

Andy, your an alright lad yourself bar the nonsense saying autism is not treat and picking on those trying to find work but having to get by on benefits , it's your warped view of people, but yeah, your always up for a laugh and stuff, but I doubt Irn would see that stuff about his wife as a laugh Andy, I'm just telling you how it is...

I love a laugh Andy, but if we must insult them perhaps we should save it for the knobs who deserve it!xx :D 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:14 pm

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Here goes Andy, you say in this previous post that you don't think autism can be quite ' put on' by a four year old, so spill then....

Re: Lack of sunlight causes autism?
by BigAndy9 on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:05 am

Well I wouldn't exactly say it's "put on" - kids of 4 probably couldn't do that.

So, what could it be?

I have some ideas, but i'll keep them to myself - wouldn't want to upset TiTS, Korben or one of his other IDs.

Will check that site out - probably tmw JD!

BigAndy9

Ah, sorry JD, that isn't exactly clear is it.

Behavioural problems are real.

Lack of social skills - real.

Lack of life skills - real.

The above won't be "faked" by the child, will they?

So, how should the above be labelled?

Should they be given a medical title?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:18 pm

Joy Division wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

lol

I'm not abusing anybody.  Stop trying to say I am - that's a silly game.

Andy, your an alright lad yourself bar the nonsense saying autism is not treat and picking on those trying to find work but having to get by on benefits , it's your warped view of people, but yeah, your always up for a laugh and stuff, but I doubt Irn would see that stuff about his wife as a laugh Andy, I'm just telling you how it is...

I love a laugh Andy, but if we must insult them perhaps we should save it for the knobs who deserve it!xx :D 

The above can be seen as nothing more than a joke JD.

If I knew anything about Iron - whether he had a wife, whether he had mentioned problems with his wife - and then said it, it wouldn't be funny.

The fact I know nothing about Iron, in my eyes, makes it highly hilarious, when taken in context with the previous posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:30 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

The above can be seen as nothing more than a joke JD.

If I knew anything about Iron - whether he had a wife, whether he had mentioned problems with his wife - and then said it, it wouldn't be funny.

The fact I know nothing about Iron, in my eyes, makes it highly hilarious, when taken in context with the previous posts.

Yer an alright lad most of the time Andy, I'm not going to get into the autism argument as I would be banging my own haid off a brick wall, I know it's real Andy, as I have first hand experience and we got to meetings with other parents who all have similar or the same experiences with their kids, so I'll leave it at that.

I love a goof around as you know Andy, but I have such respect for Irn , that I would see that kind of joke degrading and disrespectful to Irn and his wife...

Sometimes we just need to calm down for a bit as our minds can wander further into the abyss of 'humour' and we can become more outrageous, I should know as I was forever saying red rum, farter and what not...simply for the silliness and outrageousness of it!!

I'm sure Irn probably wouldn't mind so much if the 'humour 'only included him and not his wife...
Now aw an' tickle Drinky's Bahh's!! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:35 pm

JD - the joke I made was absolutely nothing. Most men take the p155 out of each other and their wives when down the pub.

This conversation is done - I think we know where each of us stand on the autism thingymajigger.

I'll leave you with one thing.

As I said, I don't get too personal when taking the pi55 - that's why I didn't say your wife - that would be just too true, wouldn't it now!

Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Tess. wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

I agree with much of your post Tess.
However thee are varying strains of Autism and ADHD

My friend met a man several years ago and I always though he was a bit manic and well, a bit odd.
It only just occurred to me that he showed signs of autism - he rarely holds eye contact for very long, he struggles with people's emotions and empathy and he is obsessed with his job and what his occupation is - talks about all aspects of his work and never realises that people aren't listening or are bored.

His is very slight. My friend sees this in him but he's learned to read her properly so knows her moods lol. She has asked him if he finds people's faces hard to read and he practically sighed with relief! He said yes he does.
You'd never know if you didn't know the signs of autism.

I've worked with autistic children and I can spot the signs from as early as about two (though medically you can't have them diagnosed that early)

Andy is taking nonsense. It is real.

ADHD can be used to disguise bad behaviour though, that much is true.

Last edited by eddie on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:43 pm

eddie wrote:
Tess. wrote:

My friend met a man several years ago and I always though he was a bit manic and well, a bit odd.
It only just occurred to me that he showed signs of autism - he rarely holds eye contact for very long, he struggles with people's emotions and empathy and he is obsessed with his job and what his occupation is - talks about all aspects of his work and never realises that people aren't listening or are bored.

His is very slight. My friend sees this in him but he's learned to read her properly so knows her moods lol. She has asked him if he finds people's faces hard to read and he practically sighed with relief! He said yes he does.

I've worked with autistic children and I can spot the signs from as early as about two (though medically you can't have them diagnosed that early)

And is taking nonsense. It is real.

Holy sh1t, please tell me...

Oh my god what is wrong with you people?????

Ah, I'm gonna have one of my adhd fits in a minute and smash my monitor in!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Nursery school teachers dismissed three diagnoses of autism, one by a world-renowned doctor, and put the 39-year-old through an experience she described as a ‘witch hunt’.

- See more at: http://todayhealthchannel.com/2014/02/09/the-schools-that-spy-on-munchausen-mums-teachers-accuse-them-of-lying/#sthash.UXIMxuxT.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:31 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
eddie wrote:

And is taking nonsense. It is real.

Holy sh1t, please tell me...

Oh my god what is wrong with you people?????

Ah, I'm gonna have one of my adhd fits in a minute and smash my monitor in!

Andy have you ever come across a child diagnosed as autistic? They have very obvious traits. Have you ever, ever, gone to a special needs school and looked at those children and compared them to other, mainstream children?
If you have you wouldn't be doubting the very obvious signs of autism. If you haven't, well, I think you probably should.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:36 pm

My youngest grandaughter has celebral palsy and mild autism. She a great girl, but she doesn't meet your eyes and says the most outrageous things, because she can't work out what is appropriate.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:36 pm

Sassy wrote:My youngest grandaughter has celebral palsy and mild autism.   She a great girl, but she doesn't meet your eyes and says the most outrageous things, because she can't work out what is appropriate.  

Sassy, to me it's obvious when a child has autism - severe cases are obvious even to the most blind!
I do agree though, that some "ADHD sufferers" are perhaps labelled that by a parent instead of actually seeing that they are just high-spirited and naughty!

Autism is a completely different kettle of fish.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:38 pm

I respect your opinions ladies.

Why do you think this lady, and others, after several "experts" saying their children don't have any "condition" continue to insist they do.

Also, and i'll make this a separate issue, do those with ADHD and autism get anything special - benefits etc.?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:37 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I respect your opinions ladies.

Why do you think this lady, and others, after several "experts" saying their children don't have any "condition" continue to insist they do.

Also, and i'll make this a separate issue, do those with ADHD and autism get anything special - benefits etc.?

I think this lady is either mentally ill as is suggested, or she really believes there's something wrong.

In most cases where autism is suspected, the teachers and school will either notice it first and inform parents or agree.

Andy, don't tell me off, I never read the full article and now I suppose I shall  Embarassed 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Ok, and does anybody know the answer to the other question - do the families of children with ADHD/autism get anything - benefits etc?

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:22 pm

Just did a quick check:

The number of people with cars paid for by the Government-funded Motability scheme has soared to 575,000 – up by 200,000 in just over ten years.

The number of claimants receiving disability benefit for ADHD – or hyperkinetic disorder, as it is categorised by welfare officials – has rocketed from 800 a decade ago to 43,100 last year.

I'll keep looking so I fully understand what's going on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:24 pm

From autism.org.uk:

Effect on other benefits

Claiming DLA does not negatively affect your entitlement to other benefits, and can increase your entitlement to benefits such as Child Tax Credit. If DLA is awarded you should inform the Child Tax Credit office within one month so that the increase can be backdated to the date that the DLA was awarded.

Savings and family income

DLA is not means tested, so your income and savings are not considered when you make a claim.

How much will I get?

2013/14 weekly rates:

Mobility component - Higher rate: £55.25; Lower rate: £21
Care component - Higher rate: £79.15; Middle rate: £53; Lower rate: £21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:39 pm

- See more at: http://todayhealthchannel.com/2014/02/09/the-schools-that-spy-on-munchausen-mums-teachers-accuse-them-of-lying/#sthash.UXIMxuxT.dpuf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:55 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I respect your opinions ladies.

Because the only way to give these children a chance in life is the get the problem recognised and to get them the appropriate education so they know how to function in the world and stand some chance of living a life that has any kind of normality in it.   Many parents whose children have disability have to fight to get them the help they need.

I really hope that none of your children has a child with a disability like this, because then you will see it for yourself, you will look at them child and realise what a disgusting piece of flotsam you are.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:12 pm

Look face it folks - big andy lives in the promised land - that place where a person can go through life without experiencing illness or disability either themselves or in close relatives.

Unless and until he leaves that land he is going to continue to believe the lies and misinformation that is told to the people of that land - and we should not blame him for that. It is not his fault life has protected him from knowledge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:25 pm

It's his fault he doesn't find out the truth and perpetuates the myths. That's ignorance for the sake of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next