NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four-month-old baby has been dubbed a 'little superhero' after being born with a Batman-mask birthmark across her face - and her parents refuse to have it removed

4 posters

Go down

Four-month-old baby has been dubbed a 'little superhero' after being born with a Batman-mask birthmark across her face - and her parents refuse to have it removed Empty Four-month-old baby has been dubbed a 'little superhero' after being born with a Batman-mask birthmark across her face - and her parents refuse to have it removed

Post by HoratioTarr Wed May 09, 2018 10:36 am

Baby Natalie Jackson's prominent birthmark is expected to 'grow as she grows'
Natalie's parents worry her blemish may attract cruel comments from others
Despite their concerns, they are determined for her to embrace her uniqueness
Natalie's mother Lacey believes the birthmark will make her stronger
She says she will tell Natalie it is part of who she is and makes her special

Four-month-old baby has been dubbed a 'little superhero' after being born with a Batman-mask birthmark across her face - and her parents refuse to have it removed 4C01E70100000578-5708241-image-a-1_1525854259081

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5708241/Baby-dubbed-little-superhero-born-Batman-mask-birthmark.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Four-month-old baby has been dubbed a 'little superhero' after being born with a Batman-mask birthmark across her face - and her parents refuse to have it removed Empty Re: Four-month-old baby has been dubbed a 'little superhero' after being born with a Batman-mask birthmark across her face - and her parents refuse to have it removed

Post by HoratioTarr Wed May 09, 2018 10:39 am

Not so sure the kid will thank them in the long run. Also, she has a slightly increased risk of developing melanoma. If it could be removed, I would have it removed. But I totally get that they think she's beautiful as she is.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Four-month-old baby has been dubbed a 'little superhero' after being born with a Batman-mask birthmark across her face - and her parents refuse to have it removed Empty Re: Four-month-old baby has been dubbed a 'little superhero' after being born with a Batman-mask birthmark across her face - and her parents refuse to have it removed

Post by Vintage Wed May 09, 2018 1:29 pm

It would be nice if it didn't matter. I think though she'll end up wanting to be similar to her classmates and friends and not be too 'unique'.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 09, 2018 3:30 pm

My youngest daughter was born with severe markings like that. It disappeared within a week or two and has never returned. She is in her 30's and is, herself, a practicing physician.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 09, 2018 5:20 pm

Aww bless her.
If the birthmark was the kind to fade obviously it is best left alone.
If its going to grow as the little girl grows, well meaning though I am sure her parents are, it would be kinder to see how, when and if  it could be safely removed.

Like Vintage said, it would be great if it didn't matter, but in this beauty obsessed world we now live in, it probably will matter, and no one wants their child to stand out in a way that may cause her pain.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed May 09, 2018 7:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:My youngest daughter was born with severe markings like that.  It disappeared within a week or two and has never returned.  She is in her 30's and is, herself, a practicing physician.

Would you have had it removed if it was going to grow or be a potential cancer threat?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 09, 2018 7:58 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:My youngest daughter was born with severe markings like that.  It disappeared within a week or two and has never returned.  She is in her 30's and is, herself, a practicing physician.

Would you have had it removed if it was going to grow or be a potential cancer threat?

Well, probably. Mostly the women were concerned--her mother and my mother-in-law--but I'm sure I would have gone along if it had not disappeared.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down