NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man uses knickers as a face mask

5 posters

Go down

Man uses knickers as a face mask  Empty Man uses knickers as a face mask

Post by eddie Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Man uses knickers as a face mask  6e8d8110

A man was spotted wearing a pair of 'knickers' as a face mask on a train to stop the spread of coronavirus.

Following warnings that Ireland's R number rose to one or just above, health officials urged the public to follow coronavirus guidelines.

Despite the warnings, one person was seen wearing what appeared to be pair of knickers as a face mask on a busy DART, DublinLive reports.

The photo was taken on the DART to Howth on Thursday at 6pm with passenger Cian Brady joking "why bother wearing a face mask when a pair of knickers does the job".

He told Dublin Live: "Nobody said anything to him, not many realised he had them on his face.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/passenger-cant-stop-laughing-after-22336550

I actually hope they had been worn by his wife so at least he had some pleasure whilst travelling.... Man uses knickers as a face mask  2190311264
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Man uses knickers as a face mask  Empty Re: Man uses knickers as a face mask

Post by Syl Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:01 pm

Nothing wrong with a bit of improvisation. Cool

Weeks ago my OH thought he would follow online directions and make a face mask out of a sock.
I think he got the dimensions wrong and the knitted heel ended up over his mouth.
It looked a bit like a gimp mask.

I ordered some off ebay in the end. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:35 pm

Hahahahahahaha bet he looked a right weirdo!

Ben did wear my knickers round his neck once...maybe a bit too much info but hey, share and share alike huh? Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:44 pm

He didn't actually wear the sock/gimp mask, in the end....thank God.

Yes re the knickers round neck info, it's good to share. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:44 am

People are making them out of all sorts of things. Knickers are rather thin. One, I heard, was made out of the sleeve of a sweat shirt.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:48 am

eddie wrote:Hahahahahahaha bet he looked a right weirdo!

Ben did wear my knickers round his neck once...maybe a bit too much info but hey, share and share alike huh? Razz

Yeah, but the only thing they protected me from was sex Embarassed Laughing
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:32 pm

Original Quill wrote:People are making them out of all sorts of things.  Knickers are rather thin.  One, I heard,

was made out of the sleeve of a sweat shirt.

Yes knickers are indeed thin BUT all knickers have a double gusset in the crotch region - so they would actually make excellent face masks as far as fuctionality is concerned. Aesthetics, not so much perhaps lololol.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:46 pm

Quill, youtube is rammajam packed full of helpful tips on how to make masks out of jumpers and other items of clothing. In some cases you don't have to sew anything, no needle&thread needed, just scissors.

OR you can make them from scratch if you are the artistic type and have a few yards of linen cloth, bias binding, cords and a sewing kit. A good way for artistic people to pass time during the lockdown too, if they are stuck at home. I think it needs to look neat and professional, a cheapskate home made mask looks a bit sad really! Suspect

My son bought disposable masks for us all, a huge pile of them but I might try my hand at making some home made ones just for a laugh. Laughing

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:10 pm

JulesV wrote:
Original Quill wrote:People are making them out of all sorts of things.  Knickers are rather thin.  One, I heard,

was made out of the sleeve of a sweat shirt.

Yes knickers are indeed thin BUT all knickers have a double gusset in the crotch region - so they would actually make excellent face masks as far as fuctionality is concerned. Aesthetics, not so much perhaps lololol.

Actually, the gusset (crotch) of a pair of knickers goes from thin synthetics, to (generally) cotton:

Wiki wrote:Panties can be form-fitting or loose. Typical components include an elastic waistband, a crotch panel to cover the genitalia (usually lined with absorbent material such as cotton), and a pair of leg openings that, like the waistband, are often made of elastic.

Not to belabor the point, but absorbent material in the crotch is necessary to soak up residual urine after the sphincter pinches off the flow.  Guys have the same issue--no matter how hard you shake it, three drops will always drip down you leg--so I'm not trying to be pervy.  Still, I wouldn't use knickers to cover my face...  Man uses knickers as a face mask  2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:20 pm

JulesV wrote:Quill, youtube is rammajam packed full of helpful tips on how to make masks out of jumpers and other items of clothing. In some cases you don't have to sew anything, no needle&thread needed, just scissors.

OR you can make them from scratch if you are the artistic type and have a few yards of linen cloth, bias binding, cords and a sewing kit. A good way for artistic people to pass time during the lockdown too, if they are stuck at home. I think it needs to look neat and professional, a cheapskate home made mask looks a bit sad really! Suspect

My son bought disposable masks for us all, a huge pile of them but I might try my hand at making some home made ones just for a laugh. Laughing

I have a couple of paisley ones, made by a neighbor lady who thoughtfully offered them to me. But frankly, they can't beat the comfy of store-bought, white ones. First, the cloth is too thick, and second, the elastic is too strong and begins to cut off feeling in my ears.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down