NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drunks live longer than Tea Totallers

+5
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
Raggamuffin
Tommy Monk
veya_victaous
9 posters

Go down

Drunks live longer than Tea Totallers  Empty Drunks live longer than Tea Totallers

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 07, 2018 6:59 am

Scientists examined individuals aged between 55 and 65 over a 20-year period, while accounting for other factors including socio-economic status and level of physical activity.

Psychologist Charles Holahan, who led the study, found mortality rates were highest in people who had never had a sip of alcohol, slightly lower for heavy drinkers and lowest for moderate drinkers.

Out of 1824 participants, only 41 per cent of moderate drinkers died early in comparison to 69 per cent of non-drinkers, according to Time.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/study-finds-those-who-drink-live-longer-than-those-who-dont/news-story/fdd9221a3ed4ba235ed1e95618ddd6a4
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Drunks live longer than Tea Totallers  Empty Re: Drunks live longer than Tea Totallers

Post by Tommy Monk Mon May 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Interesting reading... while I'm enjoying a couple of cold ones...!

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Drunks live longer than Tea Totallers  Empty Re: Drunks live longer than Tea Totallers

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 07, 2018 8:36 pm

I don't think some people are going to start drinking just so they live longer. They might not like alcohol. Laughing

By the way, is it "teatotal" or "teetotal"?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon May 07, 2018 8:38 pm

I kept reading about how drinking damages your life

it depressed me

so I stopped reading
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 07, 2018 10:03 pm

So moderate drinking is like, only five or six a day, right?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon May 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Perhaps it’s because “heavy drinkers” are more sociable and therefore happier? Happier people live longer too, I’d suppose.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 08, 2018 1:08 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think some people are going to start drinking just so they live longer. They might not like alcohol. Laughing

By the way, is it "teatotal" or "teetotal"?

I always thought it was Tea Totaller, as in the Total of their consumption was Tea
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue May 08, 2018 1:12 am

eddie wrote:Perhaps it’s because “heavy drinkers” are more sociable and therefore happier? Happier people live longer too, I’d suppose.

did it interest you enough to click on the link? Suspect Suspect Suspect

that is what the Article concludes, drinking socially forms and maintains friendship networks.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 08, 2018 1:50 am

veya_victaous wrote:
eddie wrote:Perhaps it’s because “heavy drinkers” are more sociable and therefore happier? Happier people live longer too, I’d suppose.

did it interest you enough to click on the link? Suspect Suspect Suspect

that is what the Article concludes, drinking socially forms and maintains friendship networks.

No I didn’t click the link. Guilty! But at least I understood it all totally without being told by a link or someone else’s opinion in an article, right?

See? I’m not as stupid as people think! cheers
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue May 08, 2018 5:03 pm

I can well see how moderate drinkers live longer, its a bit surprising to read that heavy drinkers actually outlive tea totallers though, given the obvious damage that heavy drinking can do to a body.

I read a study once that had found people who lived in a smallish community in some far flung place, and averaged a bottle of wine a day, had the lowest mortality rate of anyone else.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue May 08, 2018 8:16 pm

Ok gonna start boozing now cheers lol!
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed May 09, 2018 1:34 pm

eddie wrote:
Perhaps it’s because “heavy drinkers” are more sociable and therefore happier? Happier people live longer too, I’d suppose.

Suspect

'Moderate' drinkers live a lot longer than heavy drinkers, though...

That report only has 'heavy' drinkers living a little longer than tea-totallers, but a lot less than the moderate and light drinkers..

Heavy and excessive drinking can lead to brain damage, cirrhosis of the liver, various cancers, kidney failure, increased violence, motor accidents, workplace accidents, lost productivity, unemployment.

And keeping alcohol consumption at 'moderate' levels is much cheaper, even if a tad boring for the more committed alco's, binge-drinkers and party animals..        Drunks live longer than Tea Totallers  630750432
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down