NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A desperate plea for help

+7
eddie
'Wolfie
HoratioTarr
nicko
Eilzel
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A desperate plea for help - Page 2 Empty A desperate plea for help

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Me and edds are looking into what it's going to take for me to come over there, marry her and live there, and it's a shit-ton of fuckery.

Any words of advice, any condolences, any prayers in any religion would be welcome.

Or should I just be an illegal immigrant?

Please no government websites, unless you really truly think they'll help. They're making us sick and confusing us.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

A desperate plea for help - Page 2 Empty Re: A desperate plea for help

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:There are people from outside the UK who marry Brits just so they can get citizenship though, so you can blame them for the tough laws.

You know Raggs, I don't mind a very thorough background check. I don't even mind footing the bill for the UK to do it. I would let them see messages Edds and I sent to each other, photos taken of us. I would be fine with them interviewing people she and I know.

I would give them the names of places we went to and dates we were there, so they could call up employees and ask if they remembered us (women with British accents and bright red hair tend to stand out in Texas; Texans with huge beards tend to stick out in England). I want this to happen to the point that I would let perfect strangers rifle through our life if it meant we could be together.

I would claim no benefits (nor have any right to them until I attained full naturalization, which I might not even do -- my first goal would be to establish permanent legal residence so that I could work); I'd get a job or start a small business. I'd be contributing to the UK economy. My presence in the country would prompt friends and family to come and visit; they'd be contributing to the UK economy while they were here.

This rule makes absolutely no sense. Even if I couldn't get a job right away, Edds brings in enough money that I would be absolutely no drain on the British taxpayers -- I wouldn't need, or accept, one single 10p coin in assistance.

The only reason this law is in place is to keep people from coming to the UK, and since you can't keep EU people from coming, you punish people like me and the people they love.

What other way is there to control immigration? With a country this size you can't just let everyone in. The UK allows thousands to enter each year to live and work permanently. I'm sure you'll find a way, just as those millions have done before you.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:24 pm

Well I’ve just spoken to a visa/immigration expert.

I have to earn 18k a year, which I don’t, or we have to show that we have savings of 44k between us, which we don’t.

So, in a nutshell, we are screwed.

He can “visit” for six months but he cannot look for work whilst he’s here.

So that’s that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:32 pm

That's what every country wants from immigrants: money and/or capacity (to earn).

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:That's what every country wants from immigrants: money and/or capacity (to earn).

I don’t mind that but the price is high.
The average single parent earns nowhere near 18k a year as they work school hours around their children, as I do.
It’s not as though I’m sitting here claiming bloody benefits!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:01 pm

Hiya, just managed to log in to answer thisl  cheers

I cant add anything practical to whatever else has been said, but I do know that when you want something badly enough, and when you both have the same desire to make your lives together, love will conquer all, and they do say, 'the course of true love never runs smooth'.
There will be a way ....and you will find it. xxx
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:05 pm

Syl wrote:Hiya, just managed to log in to answer thisl  cheers

I cant add anything practical to whatever else has been said, but I do know that when you want something badly enough, and when you both have the same desire to make your lives together, love will conquer all, and they do say, 'the course of true love never runs smooth'.

Laughing Sooo...get yerselves a love visa. Special rates for Europass holders. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:06 pm

Syl wrote:Hiya, just managed to log in to answer thisl  cheers

Yeah I know and I also think that for some reason we need to keep writing together and get all these books written that we have lined up (together and our own work).

We ar both really positive people by nature and pretty patient but we do both have our dark side to contend with, then all hell breaks loose.

Somehow we will work it out. Ideas come all the time.

Hope you’re relaxing and having a nice time x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:30 pm

eddie wrote:Well I’ve just spoken to a visa/immigration expert.

I have to earn 18k a year, which I don’t, or we have to show that we have savings of 44k between us, which we don’t.

So that’s that.

Six months is better than nothing. Shame you can't go over there for the remaining six months of the year. That way at least you can prove you've been living together!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:57 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:Well I’ve just spoken to a visa/immigration expert.

So that’s that.

Six months is better than nothing.    Shame you can't go over there for the remaining six months of the year.  That way at least you can prove you've been living together!

He has a job? People can’t just leave their jobs for six months.
We don’t have to prove we’ve been living together. The UK government is only interested in seeing money in our bank accounts.

It’s all about the money.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:02 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Six months is better than nothing.    Shame you can't go over there for the remaining six months of the year.  That way at least you can prove you've been living together!

We don’t have to prove we’ve been living together. The UK government is only interested in seeing money in our bank accounts.  

Any chance you can get back to work full time in the future? Got anyone to mind the kids?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:03 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Ah, ok. For some reason I thought he was a freelancer.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:17 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:That's what every country wants from immigrants: money and/or capacity (to earn).

I don’t mind that but the price is high.
The average single parent earns nowhere near 18k a year as they work school hours around their children, as I do.
It’s not as though I’m sitting here claiming bloody benefits!

Sounds like an adverse-impact, gender discrimination case. As soon as you file, demand a TRO for a visa to reside in the country together.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:18 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

How about Ben getting sponsored work over here?

https://www.indeed.co.uk/Sponsorship-Visa-jobs
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:38 pm

That’s a way too, but it has to specified work.
Not sure what yet, looking into it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Smile

Get married, anyways...

Then get spousal visas for each others countries; and keep renewing them for the next five years or so..

Ben should try and get a "foreign correspondent" job with the same organisation he currently works for -- that should give him good reason to be moving around while still working.

A desperate plea for help - Page 2 4251754078
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:25 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Smile

Get married, anyways...

Then get spousal visas for each others countries;  and keep renewing them for the next five years or so..

Ben should try and get a "foreign correspondent" job with the same organisation he currently works for --  that should give him good reason to be moving around while still working.

A desperate plea for help - Page 2 4251754078

We will get married, and the second idea you had is something we have considered.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2