NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cloned monkeys...scientific breakthrough, good or bad?

3 posters

Go down

Cloned monkeys...scientific breakthrough, good or bad? Empty Cloned monkeys...scientific breakthrough, good or bad?

Post by Syl Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:11 pm

A brilliant breakthrough or is science taking us too far into the world of science fiction?
Boys from Brazil anyone?? Shocked

Two monkeys are the first ever primates to be cloned using the technique that created Dolly the sheep.

"The technique brings the prospect of cloned human beings even more closer. But scientists caution that there may be no good reason to create such clones, and that ethical and legal questions need to be answered about such research."

"But the research has already led to fears about where it could lead. The scientists stress they did the work under strict international codes, and co-author Muming Poo said the team was aware “that future research using non-human primates anywhere in the world depends on scientists following very strict ethical standards”.

"More immediately, the technique will allow researchers to create whole labs full of genetically identical monkeys. That could prove tremendously useful in scientific and medical research – allowing doctors to watch how specific treatments affect the genetic makeup of animals that are otherwise exactly the same, for instance."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/clone-monkey-human-zhong-hua-china-cloning-fears-macaque-replicant-a8176181.html
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Cloned monkeys...scientific breakthrough, good or bad? Empty Re: Cloned monkeys...scientific breakthrough, good or bad?

Post by eddie Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:15 pm

I don’t like the idea at all. In fact, it weirds me out.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Cloned monkeys...scientific breakthrough, good or bad? Empty Re: Cloned monkeys...scientific breakthrough, good or bad?

Post by Syl Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:17 pm

They are cute though.

Cloned monkeys...scientific breakthrough, good or bad? Zhongzhong-and-huahua-1-800x533
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Why does this need to be done or are they doing it because they can. What benefit is there? I can't think of any good reason except maybe spare parts (in humans) but what would happen to the rest of the body, bit of a waste, that's without mentioning the person created. (The Island) Why can't parts be cloned on their own - can they? That would be a help.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 pm

I should imagine medical science will benefit, though all the suffering caused to animals in the process is a high price to pay.

Can you imagine when this is advanced and explored further, if all this knowledge gets into the wrong hands?
Some world leaders are despotic nutters.....im sure they would love to dabble in human cloning if they got the chance. Shocked
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:29 pm

They’ll stick wings on those monkeys and use them as soldiers - like the witch did in the wizard of Oz.

Actaully, I bet if I lived another hundred years that’s exactky what I’d see.

Last edited by eddie on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:32 pm

Well they stuck an ear on a mouse's back and have previously cloned a sheep.
Now they have cloned monkeys which are not that far removed from men, so...who knows what the future holds,
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:35 pm

Flying Monkey Soldiers. I’m telling you. Watch this space.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:38 pm

eddie wrote:Flying Monkey Soldiers. I’m telling you. Watch this space.

Human drones.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down