NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carer caught repeatedly slapping dementia patient is let off with a caution.

+2
Original Quill
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Carer caught repeatedly slapping dementia patient is let off with a caution. Empty Carer caught repeatedly slapping dementia patient is let off with a caution.

Post by Syl Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:44 pm

What an absolute disgrace. Sad

"A woman who was caught on camera repeatedly hitting an elderly woman who suffers from dementia has been let off with a police caution.
Stacey George, 46, was also filmed telling 78-year-old Sabina Marsden, “God you stink”, and snatching a blanket from her knee.
Her daughter Gina Owen watched the abuse in real time as it was live-streamed to her mobile phone.
Ms Owen, 46, who works in a nearby electrical shop, is seen on the video entering the room to comfort her mother while ordering George to leave
.The family took the video to the police but George was handed just a caution after she admitted assaulting Ms Marsden on 13 June last year.
Yesterday, Ms Marsden’s family released the video of the attack to warn other families about George in case she is continuing to work as a carer"

Distressing video on link.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/carer-abuse-slaps-dementia-sufferer-video-stacey-george-sabine-marsden-a8177346.html
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Carer caught repeatedly slapping dementia patient is let off with a caution. Empty Re: Carer caught repeatedly slapping dementia patient is let off with a caution.

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:01 pm

I love the way the fat fuck licks her fingers at the end.

The slaps were negligible except they perhaps foretold of worse things.  File a lawsuit, subpoena all CCTV tapes of the carer...see if others/worse incidents are involved.

The cops are useless as tits on a warthog in cases like this.  Should be a lesson for all who have a senior in a home...check often, and listen.  They are as vulnerable as a new-born.

I went through this with my mother.  Several times she ended up in the hospital...mind, it wasn't so much assault as neglect.  They left nappies on so long that sores broke out. May not sound like much, but it was horrific.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Carer caught repeatedly slapping dementia patient is let off with a caution. Empty Re: Carer caught repeatedly slapping dementia patient is let off with a caution.

Post by Syl Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:09 pm

I'm so sorry your mum suffered from neglect Quill, its the worst thing in the world to know a beloved parent hasn't been given the care and attention they deserve.
My mum had a carer come in once a week before she needed full time professional care.
I was always there when they came, so I know she was never ill treated, but they actually caused her more distress than help because she regarded them as unwelcome strangers in her home.

The one in the video..'fat fuck' is a good description. I actually cried with rage when I watched that video.
How the daughter managed to keep calm and not scrag her out by her hair is admirable.
And her self restraint was rewarded by the police doing sweet sod all.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:19 pm

I worked for years, on and off, as a care assistant in nursing homes. Some homes were good, others were awful. I got fired from all the awful ones because I couldn’t keep my mouth shut and spoke out against bad carers. Some care workers would just leave people on the toilet for ages and I would always report them.

Of course, I then became a “troublemaker” because like most workplaces, it was always cliquey and I rarely fit in with certain types of people.

How this nasty piece of shit got away with this is absurd.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:32 pm

"Northamptonshire Police said they would meet the family to discuss their decision not to pursue further charges against George.
A force spokesman said: “We can confirm that we investigated reports of an assault in Seagrave Street, Kettering, which took place on 13 June, 2017.
“After a thorough investigation and a review of all the evidence, a 46-year-old woman was issued with a police caution.
Safeguarding vulnerable people is a high priority for the force.”

what a joke.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:34 pm

The poor lady. No one knows what some so called carers get up to. She should've got prison.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:38 pm

eddie wrote:I worked for years, on and off, as a care assistant in nursing homes. Some homes were good, others were awful. I got fired from all the awful ones because I couldn’t keep my mouth shut and spoke out against bad carers. Some care workers would just leave people on the toilet for ages and I would always report them.

Of course, I then became a “troublemaker” because like most workplaces, it was always cliquey and I rarely fit in with certain types of people.

Good for you for speaking out....so many don't.
When we were looking for a care home for my mum we visited over a dozen.....we picked the one that the district nurse said she would choose when her own mum needed full time professional care. it was also the one that had kept the same staff for years.

Having carers go into the persons home has its own set of problems...I never trusted any of them to go in unsupervised.
In reality they are strangers looking after a very vulnerable person.
They could be brilliant.. or monsters..(like fat fuck) why take the chance?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:39 pm

magica wrote:The poor lady. No one knows what some so called carers get up to. She should've got prison.

She should...its a bloody disgrace she wasn't.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:41 pm

It’s a very difficult choice to make as you’re literally putting the life of someone you love, in someone else’s hands. I can’t imagine how that must feel.

The only thing I can say is go by your instincts. They pick up on so much more than what you’re necessarily seeing or hearing.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:50 pm

eddie wrote:It’s a very difficult choice to make as you’re literally putting the life of someone you love, in someone else’s hands. I can’t imagine how that must feel.

The only thing I can say is go by your instincts. They pick up on so much more than what you’re necessarily seeing or hearing.

Dead right. We saw a couple of beautiful places for my mum...lovely gardens, modern décor,bright chirpy staff.. they just didn't feel right.
In the end we opted for an older, smaller family owned place, the main staff had been there for many years, and I think we made the right choice.
Its a horrible time for everyone though, I don't envy anyone having to make the decision.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:58 pm

Syl wrote:I'm so sorry your mum suffered from neglect Quill, its the worst thing in the world to know a beloved parent hasn't been given the care and attention they deserve.

It only happened once, then I became more vigilant.  My sister was her guardian, and while she was away, an RN on staff called me and told me what was happening.  I told her to get an ambulance and get her to the hospital.

It's worse than you think; it's very political.  The staff at the home have friends on staff at the hospital, and they tell you that the RN should not have called.  You just have to take charge and get the doctor involved (it helps if you are a lawyer).  Like eds says, they protect one another.  It's like any other workplace where a whistle-blower speaks up...he or she is ostracized.  Only, at the end of the line is not a production statistic, but a human being.

Syl wrote:My mum had a carer come in once a week before she needed full time professional care.
I was always there when they came, so I know she was never ill treated, but they actually caused her more distress than help because she regarded them as unwelcome strangers in her home.

Mom was 90 by this time.  Her days at home were long in the past.

Syl wrote:The one in the video..'fat fuck' is a good description. I actually cried with rage when I watched that video.
How the daughter managed to keep calm and not scrag her out by her hair is admirable.

I'll tell you how it occurs.  You don't know what's happening or who to believe, so you are in an investigatory mode.  What's happening?  Whom do I believe?  You don't want to offend the wrong person.  Where's the doctor?  All these concerns.  The RN who called you--bless her soul--is now scared for her job--she acted out of conviction.  It's a right political mess.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:02 pm

Syl wrote:I'm so sorry your mum suffered from neglect Quill, its the worst thing in the world to know a beloved parent hasn't been given the care and attention they deserve.
My mum had a carer come in once a week before she needed full time professional care.

The one in the video..'fat fuck' is a good description. I actually cried with rage when I watched that video.

I would have been tempted to slap that fat fucker into next week. I really would have been incandescent with rage if that was my mum. I know it wasn't a hard slap, but that's not the point. How dare she!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:04 pm

eddie wrote:I worked for years, on and off, as a care assistant in nursing homes. Some homes were good, others were awful. I got fired from all the awful ones because I couldn’t keep my mouth shut and spoke out against bad carers. Some care workers would just leave people on the toilet for ages and I would always report them.

You're right about them being cliquey. They close ranks. It was good to see that doctor get struck off today too. The one that killed that kid by mixing him up with another one. About time the message got sent out that medical incompetence is just not acceptable.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:06 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I would have been tempted to slap that fat fucker into next week.   I really would have been incandescent with rage if that was my mum.   I know it wasn't a hard slap, but that's not the point.  How dare she!

She has been that ladies carer for 2 years...God knows how she treated her before she was filmed and caught on camera..

I agree with you, I am not a violent person but I wouldn't have been able to keep my hands off her if I had been the daughter.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:13 pm

But, you are just encountering the situation and you don't know who is to blame. You only see the CCTV two days or so later.

The minute you show up, everybody is all nice and sweet.

It's the one situation where someone should really hover. It's all secret. No one is going to tell you, Oh, I just beat up your mother!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:But, you are just encountering the situation and you don't know who is to blame.  You only see the CCTV two days or so later.

The minute you show up, everybody is all nice and sweet.

It's the one situation where someone should really hover.  It's all secret.  No one is going to tell you, Oh, I just beat up your mother!

In this case the daughter saw what was happening as and when it happened Quill...she had some sort of live link on her mobile.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:

It only happened once, then I became more vigilant.  My sister was her guardian, and while she was away, an RN on staff called me and told me what was happening.  I told her to get an ambulance and get her to the hospital.

It's worse than you think; it's very political.  The staff at the home have friends on staff at the hospital, and they tell you that the RN should not have called.  You just have to take charge and get the doctor involved (it helps if you are a lawyer).  Like eds says, they protect one another.  It's like any other workplace where a whistle-blower speaks up...he or she is ostracized.  Only, at the end of the line is not a production statistic, but a human being.

Syl wrote:My mum had a carer come in once a week before she needed full time professional care.

Mom was 90 by this time.  Her days at home were long in the past.

Syl wrote:The one in the video..'fat fuck' is a good description. I actually cried with rage when I watched that video.

I'll tell you how it occurs.  You don't know what's happening or who to believe, so you are in an investigatory mode.  What's happening?  Whom do I believe?  You don't want to offend the wrong person.  Where's the doctor?  All these concerns.  The RN who called you--bless her soul--is now scared for her job--she acted out of conviction.  It's a right political mess.

Whistleblowers in all care establishments should be compensated for the abuse they receive, very often losing their jobs.
They should be rewarded not ostracised.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:51 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

You're right about them being cliquey.   They close ranks.   It was good to see that doctor get struck off today too.  The one that killed that kid by mixing him up with another one.   About time the message got sent out that medical incompetence is just not acceptable.

Completely agree.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:26 am

Same. The last one I worked out kept all the “trouble makers” upstairs locked in the main room. Some were tied to their beds. I wasn’t fired but I soon got up the nerve to tell a client’s family then quit after telling the matron how evil this place was. I should have reported them to the council but I was 19 and didn’t know better.

To be fair the first 2 I worked at were lovely, small but cozy. Only 10-13 residents. Fabulous cooking. They were mostly private but they accepted a few NHS residents who were treated the same.

This evil bitch deserved jail. What’s the point of highlighting elder abuse when pieces of crap like this get away with it?
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:56 am

Cass wrote:

Same. The last one I worked out kept all the “trouble makers” upstairs locked in the main room. Some were tied to their beds. I wasn’t fired but I soon got up the nerve to tell a client’s family then quit after telling the matron how evil this place was. I should have reported them to the council but I was 19 and didn’t know better.

To be fair the first 2 I worked at were lovely, small but cozy. Only 10-13 residents. Fabulous cooking. They were mostly private but they accepted a few NHS residents who were treated the same.

This evil bitch deserved jail. What’s the point of highlighting elder abuse when pieces of crap like this get away with it?

alien
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down