NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A warning to the angry one

5 posters

Go down

A warning to the angry one  Empty A warning to the angry one

Post by Guest Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:15 am

Angry people die sooner: Just one of ten reasons why you should try to keep your cool, according to scientists

Last week The Mail on Sunday revealed that MP Paul Farrelly was being investigated after launching a foul-mouthed outburst at a fellow politician after a heated Brexit debate.

And it’s not the first time the MP has been involved in a fracas. He made headlines in 2010 after leaving a newspaper seller bloodied and bruised during a fight in a House of Commons bar.

Unfortunately, keeping your cool is a problem for many people: almost a third of Britons polled say they have a close friend or family member who has trouble controlling their anger, while one in ten admit to having a problem with their temper. Here, we outline ten reasons why it’s good to get anger under control…

1 ANGRY PEOPLE DIE SOONER

Researchers from Iowa State University found that angry men aged 20 to 40 were one-and-a-half times more likely to be dead 35 years later than those who were calmer.

Scientists believe this is due to a number of factors linking stress to physiological damage. The frequent release of adrenaline during periods of stress damages DNA, which could lead to life-threatening illnesses such as multiple sclerosis.

2 GRUMPS DON’T SLEEP AS WELL

Feelings of anger produce a heightened response in the amygdala, the part of the brain associated with survival instincts. Angry emotions prompt the amygdala to signal a heightened state of anxiety to the rest of the brain and the body, increasing blood flow to the limbs and heart, which makes relaxation almost impossible.

Those exposed to anger-inducing stimuli – without discussing how it made them feel – are more likely to experience insomnia than those who engage in an emotional ‘debrief’, according to neuroscientists at the University of Massachusetts.

‘Writing down the cause of your anger frees up the space in your head, dampening the fear response and encouraging relaxation,’ says Mike Fisher, director of the British Association of Anger Management.

The pressure can result in tension and headaches. A study of 422 healthy adults found that chronic headache sufferers scored significantly higher on a ‘trait anger scale’.

4 IT CAN TRIGGER LUNG DISEASE

Those of a hostile nature experience reduced functioning of the respiratory system, researchers at the Harvard School of Public Health found.

Studies looking into the lung function of more than 2,000 men, over an eight-year period, observed that highly hostile individuals performed significantly worse on a simple inhalation task than those who were rated less hostile.

5 IT MAKES YOU ANXIOUS AND DEPRESSED

When we feel angry, neurotransmitters and hormones are sent through the bloodstream which, in turn, increase both the heart rate and muscle tension. This is the body’s state of alert.

Frequent occurrence of this reaction puts a strain on neurons in the hypothalamus, the brain’s ‘stress control centre’, meaning that it becomes harder for the neurons to switch off. And the ‘happy hormone’ serotonin is significantly depleted in some aggressive individuals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5117149/Ten-reasons-cool-according-experts.html

Back to top Go down

A warning to the angry one  Empty Re: A warning to the angry one

Post by Syl Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Which begs the question...why deliberately try to rile people by pushing their buttons whilst you are sat sniggering behind your computer?

Heated debate is one thing, its interesting .....desperately looking to cause conflict online for the sake of it....just  isn't.

You will read this but you wont answer.....I'm not one of the people who get wound up so there is no point is there? Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Who is it aimed at though? Laughing

If it's Andy, he starts threads about other posters.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Who is it aimed at though? Laughing

If it's Andy, he starts threads about other posters.

And THAT is precicely why I'm not going to make any comment on this....

As I have said, a certain level of retaliation IS permitted

just dont let it spiral out of control or I WILL have to step in ....ok guys?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:04 pm

Anyway, I thought you were supposed to let anger out rather than suppress it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:53 pm

Anger is a wasted emotion. I don't feel anger often and if I do, I will allow it out and get over it.
I don't hold on to it, feed it, or like it. It's pointless, but when you do feel it you should do something to actually change what it is that makes you angry.

Keep going back to the thing that makes you angry? It's because you like it and you need it, you want your anger to feed you.

People that are permanently angry about "outside" issues - i.e. things that they can't change, like politics - are actually only disguising what they're really angry about.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:33 pm

Everyone hold hands. Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:14 pm

Calm down dears

This is a health warning for people who get angry, it's not aimed at Andy but he is by his own admission angry all the time, he should take a chill pill and pay more attention to his health.

I thought you lefties were all about the community spirit and the kumbaya, I've just trying to get with the program

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:45 am

Yeah smelly, because let's face it, this article could've been written for you.

Namaste.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:53 pm

eddie wrote:Yeah smelly, because let's face it, this article could've been written for you.

Namaste.

or yourself eddie

you seem to carry a lot of repressed anger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:04 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:Yeah smelly, because let's face it, this article could've been written for you.

Namaste.

or yourself eddie

Lol, Our own pusedo quackery self made Doctor

Who does not even understand basic biology

Claiming to tell someone they have repressed anger

A warning to the angry one  200_s

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:00 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

Namaste.

or yourself eddie

No it's not repressed, it's just hardly ever there. You'll know it when you see it.
I think you find it hard to believe that not everyone is dark on the inside like you.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:03 am

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

or yourself eddie

No it's not repressed, it's just hardly ever there. You'll know it when you see it.
I think you find it hard to believe that not everyone is dark on the inside like you.

is that why you hope pistorious gets gang rape everyday of his prison sentence??

because you're so light and goodly on the inside??

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down