NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I called a trans boy a girl by mistake... and it may cost me my job as a teacher: Maths tutor suspended after praising pupil using the wrong gender

+11
JulesV
veya_victaous
Eilzel
magica
eddie
SEXY MAMA
Tommy Monk
Victorismyhero
Raggamuffin
nicko
HoratioTarr
15 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

I called a trans boy a girl by mistake... and it may cost me my job as a teacher: Maths tutor suspended after praising pupil using the wrong gender Empty I called a trans boy a girl by mistake... and it may cost me my job as a teacher: Maths tutor suspended after praising pupil using the wrong gender

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:08 pm

A teacher has been suspended and could face the sack after he ‘accidentally’ called a transgender pupil a ‘girl’ in class when the student identifies as a boy.
Joshua Sutcliffe, 27, who teaches maths at a state secondary school in Oxfordshire, said ‘Well done girls’ to the teenager and a friend when he spotted them working hard. 
He apologised when corrected by the pupil, but six weeks later he was suspended from teaching after the pupil’s mother lodged a complaint.
Following an investigation, he has been summoned to a formal disciplinary hearing this week to face misconduct charges for ‘misgendering’.

According to documents seen by The Mail on Sunday, he also faces claims that he is breaching equality policies by referring to the pupil by name rather than as ‘he’ or ‘him’.
The £30,000-a-year teacher said he was ‘distraught’ and had been reduced to tears as teaching was his life, and he branded the actions of the school as ‘political correctness gone mad’.
Mr Sutcliffe, a maths graduate who gained his teaching qualifications at Exeter University, said he had no official instructions about how to address the student, but along with other staff decided to use the pupil’s chosen first name. 
However, he has admitted that, as a Christian, he avoided using male pronouns such as ‘he’ and ‘him’.
He believed this was consistent with the school’s code of conduct and equality policies to show respect and tolerance, and he said he had encountered no problems with this.

He was told to come to the school and sit in the staff room preparing work, but he was not allowed to discuss the situation with colleagues. He said he thought no more about the incident until the week before last when, after a parents’ evening, he was unexpectedly called to the head’s office to be told there had been a ‘transgender complaint’ against him and that he was suspended from teaching while it was investigated.

He later discovered that the pupil’s family had claimed he had not only ‘misgendered’ the pupil but had unfairly given the pupil a disproportionate number of detentions for poor behaviour, though this later claim was not upheld during the investigation.
It is understood that the family’s main concern was that Mr Sutcliffe was picking on their child and they would not have complained about misgendering on its own as they are supporters of free speech.

Mr Sutcliffe said: ‘I was absolutely shocked to be told by the head that I was under investigation. I didn’t know what was happening. It was surreal, Kafkaesque. 

'I said it was only one incident for which I had apologised, but he insisted the investigation would go ahead.
‘I had always tried to respect the pupil and keep a professional attitude as well as my integrity, but it seemed to me that the school was trying to force me to adhere to its liberal, Leftish agenda.’

Mr Sutcliffe assumed the investigation would be brief and he would soon be back in the classroom, but he was questioned for an hour on the day after the meeting with the head and again last Monday, and was then sent a letter telling him to attend a formal disciplinary hearing this Wednesday, attended by the head and three governors.

He said: ‘I have never been trained to deal with this sort of thing. I felt completely out of my depth and intimidated.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5073511/Teacher-suspended-praising-pupil-using-wrong-gender.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

I called a trans boy a girl by mistake... and it may cost me my job as a teacher: Maths tutor suspended after praising pupil using the wrong gender Empty Re: I called a trans boy a girl by mistake... and it may cost me my job as a teacher: Maths tutor suspended after praising pupil using the wrong gender

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:09 pm

Is there no end to this pc madness?    Teachers struggle enough without this kind of pretentious bullshit.

There are kids all over the world who would die to have a British education.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

I called a trans boy a girl by mistake... and it may cost me my job as a teacher: Maths tutor suspended after praising pupil using the wrong gender Empty Re: I called a trans boy a girl by mistake... and it may cost me my job as a teacher: Maths tutor suspended after praising pupil using the wrong gender

Post by nicko Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:14 pm

It's getting worse, what will it take to stop this PC madness?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:38 pm

It was a girl who wants to be a boy? Does she look like a boy or what?

The poor chap should go elsewhere and teach if he can't get any loyalty at this school.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:53 pm

welcome to the orld of leftwing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:54 pm

Welcome to the madness of the lefty PC nightmare culture...

A teacher saying 'well done girls', to two girls, is considered as a crime...

What a load of bollocks!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:14 pm

maybe the teacher should explain that he himself identifies as a closed minded bigot which is a mental health condition therefore they have no right to judge him on this as that would be oppresive.

that'll stump 'em

fucking twats

and the parents sound like nasty spiteful vindictive little geranium

he made a mistake (in orwells britain, not reality)
he got corrected (by the pupil)
he apologised (wtf?)
and they still complained

nasty nasty bastards

Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:59 am

HoratioTarr wrote:Is there no end to this pc madness?    Teachers struggle enough without this kind of pretentious bullshit.

There are kids all over the world who would die to have a British education.

What kind of world are we creating with this crap!

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Good teachers are worth their weight in gold. The school needs to seriously reconsider their decision and apologise to him. If I was working at that school and my colleague had been suspended over this, I'd be looking for another job.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:56 pm

That's right Eddie... the school should be backing the teacher... not making a big fuss about a girl complaining about being referred to as a girl...!

They should be telling her that if she wants to cause malicious trouble for teachers then she should find another school to go to!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:16 pm

It's getting to the point where children will be referred to as 'it' in fear of getting it wrong .

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:22 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:It's getting to the point where children will be referred to as 'it' in fear of getting it wrong .

Yes Vod, because these bloody do gooders keep dreaming up new rules in our pc world we live in.

It's a very sick country right now.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:33 pm

magica wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:It's getting to the point where children will be referred to as 'it' in fear of getting it wrong .

Yes Vod, because these bloody do gooders keep dreaming up new rules in our pc world we live in.

It's a very sick country right now.

Agree with you - its awful to see what is happening .

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:05 am

If this was a one off honest mistake then I'd agree with you, utter nonsense and unfair on a teacher who'd already expressed apology.

But the teacher has since appeared on TV and insists on still referring to the child as a girl since recognising gender fluidity is against his religious beliefs. He also ironically states schools should recognise biology not ideology, showing he considers transgender to be a belief, which it obviously isn't.

So this isn't the honest mistake the original story makes it out to be, regardless of your view on trans issues.

Any sympathy I might have had for the guy is lost.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:15 am

Eilzel wrote:If this was a one off honest mistake then I'd agree with you, utter nonsense and unfair on a teacher who'd already expressed apology.

But the teacher has since appeared on TV and insists on still referring to the child as a girl since recognising gender fluidity is against his religious beliefs. He also ironically states schools should recognise biology not ideology, showing he considers transgender to be a belief, which it obviously isn't.

So this isn't the honest mistake the original story makes it out to be, regardless of your view on trans issues.

so the OP is basically Bullshit and this is some religotard trying to force his views on others (A.k.a what people are accusing PC of doing) the fucking irony.... I hope all the above poster that took a bash at PC now take a bash at this guy since he did the same except for entirely self-centered reasons Cool Cool Cool Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 am

Eilzel wrote:If this was a one off honest mistake then I'd agree with you, utter nonsense and unfair on a teacher who'd already expressed apology.

He was talking about his personal views. It seems to me that he wasn't quite sure at the time if the pupil wanted to be a boy or not. I assume that means that the girl kind of looked like a boy, but was clearly a girl - or something. I don't think that he called her a girl on purpose at that time.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:25 am

That would be the simplest thing, but then parents would complain about that too. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:26 am

I'd like to know why it's such a huge issue these days? Are there really that many pupils who want to be a different gender? If so, why?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:27 am

transgenderism isn't a belief its a mental illness

as we are seeing more and more of with people gong one way and then wanting the procedure reversed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:28 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I'd like to know why it's such a huge issue these days? Are there really that many pupils who want to be a different gender? If so, why?

its fashionable attention seeking

its the new ADHD

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:33 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I'd like to know why it's such a huge issue these days? Are there really that many pupils who want to be a different gender? If so, why?

its the new ADHD

I'd like to know what the underlying scientific issue is. Is it an imbalance in hormones or what? Is it an environmental thing? Is it something to do with upbringing?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:39 am

Youngsters have a tendency to succumb to fads.   Which is why I think it's so dangerous to allow a four year old to be gender realigned.   It's a typical symptom of PC idiot parents who think the child knows best.   

So called specialists in gender dysphoria meet the children referred, then decide whether to prescribe  hormone blockers to halt the onset of puberty in order for children to explore whether they are transgender and would like to transition.

God knows what kind of havoc that might wreak over young underdeveloped bodies in the long term.   I'd no more allow my child to have hormone chemicals pumped into his/her body at any age, let alone four years old.

I suspect there's money being made with this.    It has that 'faddy' feel to it.   
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:50 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

its the new ADHD

I'd like to know what the underlying scientific issue is. Is it an imbalance in hormones or what? Is it an environmental thing? Is it something to do with upbringing?

its a mental illness that needs to be studied and understood so it can be treated

its like PTSD or depression or schizophrenia.

if a person turns up and says "the toaster is talking to me"

we dont ask them what the toaster is saying or agree with them that yes the toaster IS talking to them and its talking to you as well, we send them to the funny farm fro treatment.

but transgenderism is a mental illness for some and for others its the new fashionable thing to be, it used to be pokemon, now the in thing is to have irreversible gender altering surgery

what could be more natural in 2017??

i put it down to the destruction of traditional and conservative values brought about by the liberals, the gays and the feminists.

the truly sad thing is that the suicide rate among the transgender community is 40%, clearly the issue these people face is not that they are in the wrong body but something more serious and as yet undiagnosed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:53 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

its a mental illness that needs to be studied and understood so it can be treated

we dont ask them what the toaster is saying or agree with them that yes the toaster IS talking to them and its talking to you as well, we send them to the funny farm fro treatment.

but transgenderism is a mental illness for some and for others its the new fashionable thing to be, it used to be pokemon, now the in thing is to have irreversible gender altering surgery

i put it down to the destruction of traditional and conservative values brought about by the liberals, the gays and the feminists.

the truly sad thing is that the suicide rate among the transgender community is 40%, clearly the issue these people face is not that they are in the wrong body but something more serious and as yet undiagnosed.  

Have any studies been done to establish if it is a mental disorder, or a physical one? I don't think it's normal to want to be a different gender, but nobody likes to say that because it's perceived as unPC or bigoted, so they go along with it and say that it's a perfectly reasonable thing. I think more needs to be done to establish the reasons for it - whether it be a mental issue, a physical issue - ie, hormones or whatever, or an environmental issue.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:53 am

HoratioTarr wrote:

Youngsters have a tendency to succumb to fads.   Which is why I think it's so dangerous to allow a four year old to be gender realigned.   It's a typical symptom of PC idiot parents who think the child knows best.   

So called specialists in gender dysphoria meet the children referred, then decide whether to prescribe  hormone blockers to halt the onset of puberty in order for children to explore whether they are transgender and would like to transition.

God knows what kind of havoc that might wreak over young underdeveloped bodies in the long term.   I'd no more allow my child to have hormone chemicals pumped into his/her body at any age, let alone four years old.

I suspect there's money being made with this.    It has that 'faddy' feel to it.   

but liberals are like the SS they imprison parents and remove their children if the parents don't think their 5 year old child is ready for reassignment surgery and subject young children to experimental surgery.

they are even looking to outlaw biological classification of children at birth

didn't the Nazis do that to the Jews to try change their eye color???

it would appear that liberals = nazis scientists.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 am

I still think it's a bit harsh for the guy to been suspended.   One has to ask also, is this is purely a 'western' thing?   Do other cultures have transgender toddlers, or just our culture?   

When I was a child, I never played with dolls.  I preferred boys toys, like train sets and mechanic sets etc.  I used to read sci fi comics when all my girl friends read girlie comics.   Did that make me transgender?   No.   I was just a girl who preferred playing with boy's toys.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:58 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Have any studies been done to establish if it is a mental disorder, or a physical one? I don't think it's normal to want to be a different gender, but nobody likes to say that because it's perceived as unPC or bigoted, so they go along with it and say that it's a perfectly reasonable thing. I think more needs to be done to establish the reasons for it - whether it be a mental issue, a physical issue - ie, hormones or whatever, or an environmental issue.

no studies of any worth will ever be allowed

transgenderism is the new untouchable minority, their doctrine is law and like the worst religious zealots of ISIS, no questioning of the holy preaching will ever be allowed.

the sad reality is that more and more people are realizing their mistakes after they have had the surgery, but you wont see them, they are kept firmly shut up in the transgender mistakes closet, the only time you will ever see anything about this issue is when its the BBC manufacturing their fake news with scripts and actors telling us all how wonderful being transgender truly is.

you will never be allowed to see the regrets and the mistakes, the suicide rates will be buried and altered, and as always to suggest its an illness will result in prison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:59 am

HoratioTarr wrote:

I still think it's a bit harsh for the guy to been suspended.   One has to ask also, is this is purely a 'western' thing?   Do other cultures have transgender toddlers, or just our culture?   

When I was a child, I never played with dolls.  I preferred boys toys, like train sets and mechanic sets etc.  I used to read sci fi comics when all my girl friends read girlie comics.   Did that make me transgender?   No.   I was just a girl who preferred playing with boy's toys.

you are lucky you didn't grow up in 2017 or you would have been whisked away from you parents by the police and council workers to be zipped up and renamed George.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:07 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Pigeonholing very young children into the transgender mode is wrong.    They surely have to develop into teenagers, at the real age when the hormones kick in, for this to be set in stone.   Let them be kids, let them develop into who they will be....not try to fuck up their bodies and emotions and mental health by pumping them with hormone inhibitors and quackery.  

At four years old, a child is subjected to more crap on our TV's and social media than is acceptable IMO.   They soak up information like little sponges, and shouldn't be watching half the stuff they're allowed to.   My nephew is only 8, yet he's got a 40 inch TV in his bedroom, and access to a phone and the internet.   He has behavioural problems.  No fucking wonder.  

I suspect this is a social thing to a greater degree.    Unless something like this has been around since time began,  I do suspect it's a learned behaviour or desire.   Kids love being the centre of attention.   They do all manner of things to attain that.  This is no different, I fear.   

I'm not saying that all transgender people are fakes...far from it.   But very young kids?   On this scale?   No.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Pigeonholing very young children into the transgender mode is wrong.    They surely have to develop into teenagers, at the real age when the hormones kick in, for this to be set in stone.   Let them be kids, let them develop into who they will be....not try to fuck up their bodies and emotions and mental health by pumping them with hormone inhibitors and quackery.  

At four years old, a child is subjected to more crap on our TV's and social media than is acceptable IMO.   They soak up information like little sponges, and shouldn't be watching half the stuff they're allowed to.   My nephew is only 8, yet he's got a 40 inch TV in his bedroom, and access to a phone and the internet.   He has behavioural problems.  No fucking wonder.  

I suspect this is a social thing to a greater degree.    Unless something like this has been around since time began,  I do suspect it's a learned behaviour or desire.   Kids love being the centre of attention.   They do all manner of things to attain that.  This is no different, I fear.   

I'm not saying that all transgender people are fakes...far from it.   But very young kids?   On this scale?   No.

I wonder if you will be condemned for your views by the liberal hatemob??

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:49 am

HoratioTarr wrote:

It's pretty prevalent in Thailand, Nepal and the Philippines, and definitely exists in other Asian cultures. It is far from a western thing.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:52 am

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It's pretty prevalent in Thailand, Nepal and the Philippines, and definitely exists in other Asian cultures. It is far from a western thing.

never seen a kai-tai kid in Thailand

so yes, this level of child abuse is only in the west

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:52 am

veya_victaous wrote:

so the OP is basically Bullshit and this is some religotard trying to force his views on others (A.k.a what people are accusing PC of doing) the fucking irony.... I hope all the above poster that took a bash at PC now take a bash at this guy since he did the same except for entirely self-centered reasons Cool Cool Cool Cool

Yep, funny how he forgot to mention his own ideology before getting on TV.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:55 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Have you spent an extensive period in Thailand. Some kids in Thailand clearly identify as an other gender from a very early age.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:23 am

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

As adults yes.   But very young children?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 am

Eilzel wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Have you spent an extensive period in Thailand. Some kids in Thailand clearly identify as an other gender from a very early age.

I think Thailand is much more tolerant of this and the fluidity allows for more people to explore transgender in an open way.   It might be no coincidence that the highest proportion of transgenders live in tourist spots?    I'm guessing too, that peer influence plays  a strong part in this.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:38 am

Eilzel wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

how would you know that???

you have many conversations with 5 year olds about being transgender do you??

this is the exact problem,adults pressuring children into this bullshit because of what the adults think they know.

its child abuse pure and simple, no different to sexual or physical abuse

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:41 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

I think Thailand is much more tolerant of this and the fluidity allows for more people to explore transgender in an open way.   It might be no coincidence that the highest proportion of transgenders live in tourist spots?    I'm guessing too, that peer influence plays  a strong part in this.

They live in tourist spots but they come from all across the country.

And no smelly before you rant your fools tongue off, I do not have conversations with kids about this. But transgenderism is prevalent here and my husband (who is gay btw lol) grew up here and has some friends who knew they wanted to 'change' from a young age.

It isn't an illness. Illnesses cause people harm independent of outside factors. The only harm to trans people is caused by cnuts who tell them they have a problem.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

And no smelly before you rant your fools tongue off, I do not have conversations with kids about this. But transgenderism is prevalent here and my husband (who is gay btw lol) grew up here and has some friends who knew they wanted to 'change' from a young age.

It isn't an illness. Illnesses cause people harm independent of outside factors. The only harm to trans people is caused by cnuts who tell them they have a problem.

so what???

your husband knew someone once that turned out to be trans, right lets impose those one or two encounters on the entire rest of the western world and forcibly subject hundreds of millions of people to the psychological delusions of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percentage of mentally ill people and then lets criminalize them if they dare to question any aspect of said mental delusion

please explain what the difference is between liberals and ISIS??

you're both authoritarian groups that force your world view on others against their will and punish disobedience to your respective creed.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

The thing that most concerns me is that some kids might not be transgender at all but are being messed with, both physically and mentally.   If a child reaches puberty and then decides they are transgender, fair enough.   I don't think transgender is a mental health issue.   But I do think that it often confuses people, particularly the young and impressionable who might think being transgender is an exciting way to get attention.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Another question for you.    How many of those transgender people in tourist areas are choosing to be transgender in order to make a living?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Not to mention Singapore's Bugis Street (known as Boogie Street) where Singapore transexuals used to meet to have fun.   Many of the servicemen when they first came over used to get caught out down there lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:09 pm

I have no sympathy at all.   I did until the truth came out when he was interviewed:

Phillip Schofield infuriated by 'utterly abhorrent' comments during fierce interview with teacher who misidentified transgender student and Christian guest

Joshua Sutcliffe, 27, was suspended from an Oxfordshire school after the pupil's mum complained about him praising the group of 'girls'

A Maths teacher who faces losing his job after misidentifying a transgender pupil claimed it was "a slip of the tongue" during today's This Morning.

Joshua Sutcliffe, 27, has been suspended from an Oxfordshire school after he said "well done girls" to a small working group, including the student who identifies as a boy.

Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield intervened to correct the teacher when he repeatedly referred to the pupil with the pronoun 'her'.

However, the interview quickly tuned into a fierce debate when Andrea Williams, chief executive of Christian Concern, said that the transgender issue was a "fad".

Andrea said: "Very often when we see children who are identifying as homosexual, very often it's not good for them to live out in such a lifestyle. It's not good for them to be highly sexual."

Not willing to listen anymore, a furious Phil said: "I'm finding this utterly abhorrent."

Bringing the interview to a close, Phil said: "We'll get back to the show and back to 2017 instead of medieval Britain."

Joshua revealed he quickly apologised when corrected by the transgender pupil, who identifies as a boy, and thought nothing more would follow.

But six weeks later, he was suspended after the pupil's mother lodged a formal complaint and he now could face the sack for what he claims was an honest mistake.

Following an investigation, Joshua has been summoned to a formal disciplinary hearing to face misconduct charges for 'misgendering'.

Joshua, who is a devout Christian, having grown up on a Mennonite Bible camp in Canada, claimed he was given no "proper dialogue or training" to have a transgender pupil in his class.

He said: "Being intuitive I thought this student wanted to be called a boy. I wanted to welcome this student, welcome her..."

Phil interrupted the teacher to say that the correct pronoun was 'him'.

Joshua continued: "Of course, this is the issue. I don't know. I would say the first name. I wanted to incorporate her in the lesson."

"I said this comment, a slip of the tongue, I didn’t want to project anything on to the student."

Holly was shocked when the teacher said being transgender was an "ideology", so she claimed it was time to "move forward and learn".

Joshua had said: "Personally and under law in this country and biologically it makes sense for us to be man and woman.

"Our policies should be influenced by biology and law rather than what I would say an ideology."

One viewer said: "This guy who is suspended for misgendering a student, I felt bad for cause we make mistakes & some people aren't as informed but then he PROCEEDS to use the pronouns HER even though he keeps being corrected. Just a entitled p**** #ThisMorning"

Another added: "He definitely shouldn’t be sacked but the way he just misgendered the pupil repeatedly even after being corrected by holly and Phil :/ hmmm #ThisMorning"

A third said: "I feel like it's not a slip of the tongue when the teacher has continually referred to the student as 'her' throughout this interview #ThisMorning"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/phillip-schofield-infuriated-utterly-abhorrent-11513574

The video of the programme on the link is a real eye opener.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:11 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Another question for you.    How many of those transgender people in tourist areas are choosing to be transgender in order to make a living?

I've no idea but hardly the majority. I know two Thai trans people very well and neither of them do it to make a living.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:20 pm

sassy wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Not to mention Singapore's Bugis Street (known as Boogie Street) where Singapore transexuals used to meet to have fun.   Many of the servicemen when they first came over used to get caught out down there lol

Haha. To be honest I'd be more surprised if any country didn't have trans people.

An adult student I taught last year came to Thailand from Saudi Arabia of all places. Called herself Cat and was going through the change to become a woman physically. Lovely lady. That trans people can exist even in such a place really leads me to question how much it can really be 'influenced' one way or another.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:41 pm

Eilzel wrote:
sassy wrote:

Haha. To be honest I'd be more surprised if any country didn't have trans people.

An adult student I taught last year came to Thailand from Saudi Arabia of all places. Called herself Cat and was going through the change to become a woman physically. Lovely lady. That trans people can exist even in such a place really leads me to question how much it can really be 'influenced' one way or another.

can i ask you a serious question??

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:50 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

Of course it is!
I called BS on this story the minute I read it, yesterday.
Gelico, calm down, you're doing your nut over a story that was a big fat lie.

NO WAY would a teacher be sacked for just one genuine  mistake for which he had apologised. As if!!

Reminds me of the story of that supposedly christian girl who was being fostered by a Muslim family. People burst their ulcers in outrage over that story, before the full truth came out, 48 hours later.

There is always more to these sensationalist headlines, than meets the eye.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:52 pm

Veya, Christians are NOT religotards. snobby

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Jules wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Of course it is!
I called BS on this story the minute I read it, yesterday.
Gelico, calm down, you're doing your nut over a story that was a big fat lie.

NO WAY would a teacher be sacked for just one genuine  mistake for which he had apologised. As if!!

Reminds me of the story of that supposedly christian girl who was being fostered by a Muslim family. People burst their ulcers in outrage over that story, before the full truth came out, 48 hours later.

There is always more to these sensationalist headlines, than meets the eye.

LOL, i'm often doing my nut over something or other

i still think this is wrong to recognise this in children as a fact though.

if martha wants to be arthur or bob wants to be barbara i have absolutely no issue with that AS ADULTS

but i think it's nothing less than child abuse to be honest that this is being taken seriously when any child suggests it.  it's like the latest fad

when i was 9-10 i wanted to be a boy called george.  why?  cos i had two older brothers and i read too many famous five books, that's why

even as teenagers, in fact, especially as teenagers they cannot be sure but to give kids hormone blockers et al is absolutely disgusting in my book

if they still feel the same as fully grown adults then good luck to them say, let them be who they want

tell you what though, when i was a kid at school if one of us corrected the teacher in anyway whatsoever we'd get the blackboard rubber chucked at us likely as not

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next