NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Record surge in CO2 levels. Highest in 800,000 years.

+3
HoratioTarr
nicko
Andy
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Record surge in CO2 levels. Highest in 800,000 years. - Page 2 Empty Record surge in CO2 levels. Highest in 800,000 years.

Post by Andy Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

To Stencharse and Tommy , read this and weep.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Record surge in atmospheric CO2 seen in 2016 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-41778089

Fake news will  howl the climate primates.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Record surge in CO2 levels. Highest in 800,000 years. - Page 2 Empty Re: Record surge in CO2 levels. Highest in 800,000 years.

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:29 pm

Yes Nicko... before the start of this cold period, widely known as 'The mini ice age', the River Thames never used to freeze over during winter... but during this cold period, it froze over a lot...

'...The Thames had frozen over several times in the 16th century (1500's) — King Henry VIII travelled from central London to Greenwich by sleigh along the river...'

'...Between 1600 and 1814, it was not uncommon for the River Thames to freeze over for up to two months at time...'

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Record surge in CO2 levels. Highest in 800,000 years. - Page 2 Empty Re: Record surge in CO2 levels. Highest in 800,000 years.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So... CO2 still 0.0004% of atmosphere... much the same as it has been for thousands of years...

And during this time we have seen much warmer and colder periods... most of the last 8000 years were warmer with slightly lower CO2 levels... while the 'mini ice age' during 1600-1850 had higher co2 levels than these other warmer periods...!

Do your own research into the facts... then tell me what I have said that is wrong...!?

• 500 scientists refute the consensus

• A grand solar minimum could trigger another ice age

• Antarctica is gaining ice

• Arctic icemelt is a natural cycle

• Arctic sea ice has recovered

• Arctic sea ice loss in the 1940s was similar to today's

• Arctic sea ice loss is matched by Antarctic sea ice gain

• Arctic Storm Caused the 2012 Record Sea Ice Minimum

• BEST hides the decline in global temperature

• Climate change isn't increasing extreme weather damage costs

• Climate is chaotic and cannot be predicted

• Climate sensitivity is low

• Climate's changed before

• Climategate CRU emails suggest conspiracy

• CO2 is not a pollutant

• CO2 is not increasing

• CO2 limits will harm the economy

• CO2 was higher in the past

• Corals are resilient to bleaching

• DMI show cooling Arctic

• Dropped stations introduce warming bias

• Earth hasn't warmed as much as expected

• Extreme weather isn't caused by global warming

• Freedom of Information (FOI) requests were ignored

• Great Barrier Reef is in good shape

• Himalayan glaciers are not shrinking

• Hockey stick is broken

• Human CO2 is a tiny % of CO2 emissions

• Ice age predicted in the 70s

• Ice Sheet losses are overestimated

• Infrared Iris will reduce global warming

• IPCC is alarmist

• It cooled mid-century

• It's albedo

• It's freaking cold!

• It's internal variability

• It's microsite influences

• It's not urgent

• It's not us

• It's planetary movements

• It's too hard

• Lindzen and Choi find low climate sensitivity

• Loehle and Scafetta find a 60 year cycle causing global warming

• Mauna Loa is a volcano

• Medieval Warm Period was warmer

• Melting ice isn't warming the Arctic

• Models are unreliable

• No long tail means climate sensitivity is low

• Northwest passage has been navigated in the past

• Ocean acidification isn't serious

• Renewable energy investment kills jobs

• Renewable energy is too expensive

• Renewables can't provide baseload power

• Royal Society embraces skepticism

• Scientists retracted claim that sea levels are rising

• Sea level is not rising

• Sea level rise is decelerating

• Temp record is unreliable

• There is no consensus

• There's no correlation between CO2 and temperature

• Trenberth can't account for the lack of warming

• Tuvalu sea level isn't rising

• Underground temperatures control climate

• Volcanoes emit more CO2 than humans

• Water vapor is the most powerful greenhouse gas

• We're heading into an ice age

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:48 pm

Key findings of the Greenhouse Gas Bulletin

Carbon dioxide

CO2  is by far the most important anthropogenic long-lived greenhouse gas. Globally averaged concentrations for CO2 reached 403.3 parts per million in 2016, up from 400.00 ppm in 2015. This record annual increase of 3.3 ppm was partly due to the strong 2015/2016 El Niño, which triggered droughts in tropical regions and reduced the capacity of “sinks” like forests, vegetation and the oceans to absorb CO2.   Concentrations of CO2 are now 145% of pre-industrial (before 1750) levels.
The rate of increase of atmospheric CO2 over the past 70 years is nearly 100 times larger than that at the end of the last ice age. As far as direct and proxy observations can tell, such abrupt changes in the atmospheric levels of CO2 have never before been seen.
Record surge in CO2 levels. Highest in 800,000 years. - Page 2 Pr_1.jpg?U6l.CLdanuj2uD88NhjQnCzEb.HU
Over the last 800 000 years, pre-industrial atmospheric CO2 content remained below 280 ppm, but it has now risen to the 2016 global average of 403.3 ppm.
From the most-recent high-resolution reconstructions from ice cores, it is possible to observe that changes in CO2 have never been as fast as in the past 150 years. The natural ice-age changes in CO2 have always preceded corresponding temperature changes. Geological records show that the current levels of CO2correspond to an “equilibrium” climate last observed in the mid-Pliocene (3–5 million years ago), a climate that was 2–3 °C warmer, where the Greenland and West Antarctic ice sheets melted and even some of the East Antarctic ice was lost, leading to sea levels that were 10–20 m higher than those today.

Methane

Methane (CH4) is the second most important long-lived greenhouse gas and contributes about 17% of radiative forcing. Approximately 40% of methane is emitted into the atmosphere by natural sources (e.g., wetlands and termites), and about 60% comes from human activities like cattle breeding, rice agriculture, fossil fuel exploitation, landfills and biomass burning.
Atmospheric methane reached a new high of about 1 853 parts per billion (ppb) in 2016 and is now 257% of the pre-industrial level.

Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous oxide (N2O) is emitted into the atmosphere from both natural (about 60%) and anthropogenic sources (approximately 40%), including oceans, soil, biomass burning, fertilizer use, and various industrial processes.
Its atmospheric concentration in 2016 was 328.9 parts per billion. This is 122% of pre-industrial levels. It also plays an important role in the destruction of the stratospheric ozone layer which protects us from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. It accounts for about 6% of radiative forcing by long-lived greenhouse gases.
Record surge in CO2 levels. Highest in 800,000 years. - Page 2 Pr_2.jpg?C1XOKj4Rrs3mF

https://www.skepticalscience.com/GHG-concentrations-new-record.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Yes Nicko... before the start of this cold period, widely known as 'The mini ice age', the River Thames never used to freeze over during winter... but during this cold period, it froze over a lot...

'...The Thames had frozen over several times in the 16th century (1500's) — King Henry VIII travelled from central London to Greenwich by sleigh along the river...'

'...Between 1600 and 1814, it was not uncommon for the River Thames to freeze over for up to two months at time...'

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:00 pm

I suggest you read the links, because its evidently clear you have no idea what you are talking about.

Or how humans have influenced climate change

Plenty for you to digest

Let me know how you get on

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Here to help educate your further Tommy

https://www.skepticalscience.com/IPCC-Medieval-Warm-Period.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:07 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Over the last 8000 years it has been mostly warmer/as warm as it is today... while CO2 levels have been consistently slightly lower than today...!

Or at least that is what the scientists experimental research tells us...

But it is impossible to know for sure... unless they can zip back in time to various places round the world, and do actual real life measurements of each place/time etc... and prove the accuracy of their claims...

Until then... none of their claims about long term historical temp/CO2 levels can be considered as accurate...

And even the actual measurements of temps over the last 100-150 years, 'since records began', are considered to be unreliable in accuracy... as well as there being such a limited number of geographical areas/places/regions around the world where any temp measurements even happened for most of this time, which means that it is impossible for anyone to claim any realistic 'global temps' with any degree of accuracy over the last 100-150 years anyway...!!!

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:10 pm

Like I said, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I even posted an idiots guide video for you to understand.

As to your claims on unreliable.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/surface-temperature-measurements.htm

Anyway, I have posted countless evidence to easily refute your uneducated claims

Enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:21 pm

Try putting up your own thoughts and arguments, instead of links to biased bullshit sites...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:00 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
Angry Andy wrote:Isnt threatening fellow forum members with violence a banning offence?

Site disruption" -- any member engaging in conduct which moderators deem a significant disruption will be warned or basemented. This includes excessively making personal insults, excessively turning threads into flame wars, creating threads intended to antagonize other members, and other anti-social behaviors.

Threatening a fellow member with violence is  fairly anti social in my opinion.

Errrrrr you might be taking Wolfie into the basement there angry

Rolling Eyes

Listen up, Smelly,  you braindead fuckfaced racist moron...

I haven't threatened anyone on here..
Andy hasn't threatened anyone on here..
Neither veya nor Quill has threatened anyone..

YOU are the only one continually and repeatedly threatening people with violence.

Andy and I might well get 'basemented' occasionally for rude and obnoxious,behaviour..

It seems that you though, you army-deserting "blacks"-hating fearmongering spineless maggot,  are deliberately trying to get yourself permanently banned  --  Are you, Stormee and Philagain running some kind of competion between you --  trying to see who can accumulate the greatest number of bans from the greatest number of sites in the shortest period of time  ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:16 pm

Didge wrote:Like I said, you have no idea what you are talking about.

I even posted an idiots guide video for you to understand.

As to your claims on unreliable.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/surface-temperature-measurements.htm

Anyway, I have posted countless evidence to easily refute your uneducated claims

Enjoy

Razz

Between you Didge, and veya, Ben, Andy, Quill and myself,  over the last couple of years between us we have posted so much info' and so many links,  thoroughly debunking so many of Tommy's anti-'climate change' and anti-science claims,  that we could probably compile a book on the subject  !

study
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:21 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Errrrrr you might be taking Wolfie into the basement there angry

Rolling Eyes

YOU are the only one continually and repeatedly threatening people with violence.

Andy and I might well get 'basemented' occasionally for rude and obnoxious,behaviour..

It seems that you though, you army-deserting "blacks"-hating fearmongering spineless maggot,  are deliberately trying to get yourself permanently banned  --  Are you, Stormee and Philagain running some kind of competion between you --  trying to see who can accumulate the greatest number of bans from the greatest number of sites in the shortest period of time  ???

The only thing I threaten you with is my intelligence

I can't help it if youre a caveman cowering in terror under the shadow of my towering intelligence thinking it some kind of God.

As it stand I'm still here, with no charges brought against me, so you're a liar or you're just an overly hysterical snowflake jumping at your own imagination.

Either way you're irrelevant.

Now back to the bullshit of climate warming change

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:11 am

smelly-bandit wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

I can't help it if youre a caveman cowering in terror under the shadow of my towering intelligence thinking it some kind of God.

As it stand I'm still here, with no charges brought against me, so you're a liar or you're just an overly hysterical snowflake jumping at your own imagination.

Rolling Eyes

It's a bit hard to threaten anyone with something you don't have,  SmellyFascistBum'....

You do continue to insult everybody elses' intelligence, though.   Every time you post..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:37 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

Rolling Eyes

It's a bit hard to threaten anyone with something you don't have,  SmellyFascistBum'....

You do continue to insult everybody elses' intelligence, though.    Every time you post..

Not hard to insult your intelligence is it??

Now back to the myth of climate change

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2