NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum time...do you limit it?

+2
eddie
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Forum time...do you limit it? Empty Forum time...do you limit it?

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Also....do you have specific times to log in or do you do it as and when?

I like to log in mid day, I am organised in the house, so I check emails and do whatever else online, then I have a wander through the posts and see who has replied or who has started a thread of interest to me.

Then I do the same in the evening, often staying longer whilst OH watches TV....which usually bores me to tears after an hour or so.
Lately I have started logging in later to have a quick read, cos I don't sleep that much and its more interesting than tossing and turning trying to sleep.

In short....I think I am an addict. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Forum time...do you limit it? Empty Re: Forum time...do you limit it?

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Syl wrote:Also....do you have specific times to log in or do you do it as and when?

I like to log in mid day, I am organised in the house, so I check emails and do whatever else online, then I have a wander through the posts and see who has replied or who has started a thread of interest to me.

Then I do the same in the evening, often staying longer whilst OH watches TV....which usually bores me to tears after an hour or so.
Lately I have started logging in later to have a quick read, cos I don't sleep that much and its more interesting than tossing and turning trying to sleep.

In short....I think I am an addict.  Razz

hey, i'm spending quite a bit of time near my computer right now as getting tutorials on something. i can't stand tv either. i dont have one, gave up on that guff yonks ago, though i can still watch a load of stuff if i want to.

is that you in your picture with something that i suppose is meant to resemble elvis presley

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:41 pm

I am on my iPad a lot as I write on it and also chat to people on messenger etc.

I sort of drop in and out, as and when.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:11 pm

Since I had this tablet, I use it lots now.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:50 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:Also....do you have specific times to log in or do you do it as and when?

In short....I think I am an addict.  Razz

hey, i'm spending quite a bit of time near my computer right now as getting tutorials on something.  i can't stand tv either.  i dont have one, gave up on that guff yonks ago, though i can still watch a load of stuff if i want to.

is that you in your picture with something that i suppose is meant to resemble elvis presley

It is Elvis, don't be too harsh, he's been dead 40 years...well about 35 when that pic was taken. Laughing

I don't know whether I could get rid of TV altogether, I love Corrie and the odd BBC dramas, and the X factor and the voice...oh and Strictly come dancing. Cool
It does seem more and more people watch stuff online now and don't actually need a TV.
I suspect like landlines, they will be a thing of the past in the not too distant future.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:54 pm

eddie wrote:I am on my iPad a lot as I write on it and also chat to people on messenger etc.

I sort of drop in and out, as and when.

That's the thing with forums, you can do lots of other things in between posting on them.

Lots of the people I started off with on forums 10 years ago have disappeared....no doubt some still post incognito under different names, but some got sick of the nastiness, or just outgrew forums.
Myself, I still find them interesting, because you meet people from all over that you would never normally meet in your real life..........as if I need to tell you that. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:55 pm

magica wrote:Since I had this tablet, I use it lots now.

I use OH's tablet late at night.....there are some good apps on there I cant get on the lappy, so its really handy.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:04 pm

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

hey, i'm spending quite a bit of time near my computer right now as getting tutorials on something.  i can't stand tv either.  i dont have one, gave up on that guff yonks ago, though i can still watch a load of stuff if i want to.

It is Elvis, don't be too harsh, he's been dead  40 years...well about 35 when that pic was taken. Laughing

I don't know whether I could get rid of TV altogether, I love Corrie and the odd BBC dramas, and the X factor and the voice...oh and Strictly come dancing. Cool
It does seem more and more people watch stuff online now and don't actually need a TV.
I  suspect like landlines, they will be a thing of the past in the not too distant future.

You have the most beautiful smile, syl I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:09 pm

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

It is Elvis, don't be too harsh, he's been dead  40 years...well about 35 when that pic was taken. Laughing

I  suspect like landlines, they will be a thing of the past in the not too distant future.

You have the most beautiful smile, syl I love you

That's nice of you to say so Gelico, thank you. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:28 pm

I have to agree.  I've seen your pic before, Syl...you are a beautiful woman.  Don't know why you took it down.  

Your smile makes my day!!  Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:34 pm

Original Quill wrote:I have to agree.  I've seen your pic before, Syl...you are a beautiful woman.  Don't know why you took it down.  

Thank you Quill, that's a lovely thing to say.
I think you mean the pic I put up once of my mum and me....you said a really nice thing about my mums smile and I wont ever forget it.
That photo is my screen saver...I see my mums smile everytime I log on.I love you

Quill....what happened to your pic? you reminded me a lot of the actor Glen Ford.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:47 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I have to agree.  I've seen your pic before, Syl...you are a beautiful woman.  Don't know why you took it down.  

I think you mean the pic I put up once of my mum and me....you said a really nice thing about my mums smile and I wont ever forget it.
That photo is my screen saver...I see my mums smile everytime I log on.I love you

Quill....what happened to your pic? you reminded me a lot of the actor Glen Ford.

I may put it back up.  Phil snagged my name (Quill) and photo, and opened a lot of accounts around the web with it.  Then I began to be confronted with hostility, as people thought I was that guy.  He took my name, too.  Here, for example, I had to open the account with a changed name: Original Quill.

Those of you who are hard on Deano...he was one who helped to clear things up.  Whatever you don't like about his politics, he's a really decent guy. Laughing

PS...that really is a gorgeous smile, Syl. And your eyes seem to twinkle.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

I may put it back up.  Phil snagged my name (Quill) and photo, and opened a lot of accounts around the web with it.  Then I began to be confronted with hostility, as people thought I was that guy.  He took my name, too.  Here, for example, I had to open the account with a changed name: Original Quill.

Those of you who are hard on Deano...he was one who helped to clear things up.  Whatever you don't like about his politics, he's a really decent guy. Laughing

PS...that really is a gorgeous smile, Syl.  And your eyes seem to twinkle.

I had had a few wines that night Quill. Razz

I'm sorry your pic was used against you,I wondered why you took it down.... its a shame some idiots spoil it for others...and the character Phil is as idiotic as they come from what I have heard of him.

Deano as in TD,YK ? I have never had any problems with him Quill....I think he is OK. x
The only other Deano I have ever encountered on forums was a raving nutter....luckily he isn't around anymore.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

PS...that really is a gorgeous smile, Syl.  And your eyes seem to twinkle.

I had had a few wines that night Quill. Razz

I'm sorry your pic was used against you,I wondered why you took it down.... its a shame some idiots spoil it for others...and the character Phil is as idiotic as they come from what I have heard of him.

Deano as in TD,YK ? I have never had any problems with him Quill....I think he is OK. x
The only other Deano I have ever encountered on forums was a raving nutter....luckily he isn't around anymore.

That's who I mean. I have to use Deano to avoid the blink-over.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Lol....I know I did too, when I read my post back I thought I had typed 'head' till I realised what had happened, so I also added an O..

Yes I thought you meant TD,YK........ he is OK imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 pm

What a lovely thing to say to Syl and yes she is beautiful, inside and out.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:46 pm

I agree SYL is lovely, reminds of an Auntie who won 3 Beauty contests.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:55 pm

magica wrote:

She certainly is. I'm after making her my wife. Cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:41 am

eddie wrote:
magica wrote:

And after all those cookies I made you...how could you dump me?? Sniff...

As to Syl's OP, I drop in and out due to real life stuff or boredom or things here getting slightly out of hand...I think I was gone for quite a few months this last time.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:48 pm

eddie wrote:
magica wrote:

Thank you very much Mags Nicko and Eddie.....my head is suitably big now so can we get back to the subject. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:52 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:

As to Syl's OP, I drop in and out due to real life stuff or boredom or things here getting slightly out of hand...I think I was gone for quite a few months this last time.

She a very fickle woman Cass....take no notice. Wink

I like staying on one forum, don't have time to post avidly on more than one at a time...or Facebook, or Twitter....I'm not sure how people manage to do more than one social media site and make sense of it all.

I do like this forum though, there is, imo a good mix of people.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:23 pm

Syl wrote:
Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:

She a very fickle woman Cass....take no notice. Wink

I like staying on one forum, don't have time to post avidly on more than one at a time...or Facebook, or Twitter....I'm not sure how people manage to do more than one social media site and make sense of it all.

I do like this forum though, there is, imo a good mix of people.

We have a great mix of people. I agree.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Yep, something for everyone. I love you

I like it when people join a forum and stick around, its nice to post with people you know rather than random strangers.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down