NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forced child migration 'bigger abuse scandal than Savile'

+7
Miffs2
Tommy Monk
Syl
Original Quill
HoratioTarr
Raggamuffin
'Wolfie
11 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Forced child migration 'bigger abuse scandal than Savile' - Page 5 Empty Forced child migration 'bigger abuse scandal than Savile'

Post by Guest Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:03 am

First topic message reminder :

The forced migration of UK children overseas was a bigger sex abuse scandal than that of Jimmy Savile, ex-prime minister Gordon Brown has said. Mr Brown told the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse that the 2,000 surviving British child migrants who suffered abuse should be compensated. He said the mass transportation of 130,000 British children overseas was "government-enforced trafficking". Across 50 years, the children were sent to ex-colonies such as Australia. The transportation programme began in the 1920s, partly to ease the population of the UK's orphanages in the years after the First World War, and to give "lost" children the chance of a new life in Britain's colonies.

But children continued to be be sent abroad until 1974.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40669699

Back to top Go down

Forced child migration 'bigger abuse scandal than Savile' - Page 5 Empty Re: Forced child migration 'bigger abuse scandal than Savile'

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Not conflating...!!!???

Then you start conflating 'Rotherham' into it all too...!!!

I'm trying to stick to the OP... and I'm only asking you to clarify your points and statistics on this...?

I dont know why you are finding this so difficult...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Forced child migration 'bigger abuse scandal than Savile' - Page 5 Empty Re: Forced child migration 'bigger abuse scandal than Savile'

Post by Guest Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Not conflating...!!!???

Then you start conflating 'Rotherham' into it all too...!!!

I'm trying to stick to the OP... and I'm only asking you to clarify your points and statistics on this...?

I dont know why you are finding this so difficult...!?

You never did to the OP.

Do you have stats Tommy?

Nope

You make the same apologist argument as the Pakistanis grooming gangs

You look to the victims or blame

That says it all to me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:51 pm

Thorin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Here is the stats Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:51 pm

[quote="Thorin"]

More than 130,000 children were sent to a “better life” in former colonies, mainly Australia and Canada, from the 1920s to 1970s under the child migrant programme . The children, aged between three and 14, were almost invariably from deprived backgrounds and already in some form of social or charitable care. It was believed, they would lead happier lives.

Charities such as Barnardo’s and the Fairbridge Society, the Anglican and Catholic churches and local authorities helped with the organisation of the emigration.

Once there, the children were often told they were orphans to better facilitate their fresh start. The parents – many of them single mothers forced to give up their child for adoption because of poverty or social stigma – believed this was giving them best chance in life, though often did not have details of where their offspring were sent to. The reality, for some of those children, was a childhood of servitude and hard labour at foster homes: on remote farms, at state-run orphanages and church-run institutions. They were often separated from siblings. Some were subjected to physical and sexual abuse.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/feb/27/britains-child-migrant-programme-why-130000-children-were-shipped-abroad

The head of the Catholic church in England and Wales has apologised for its part in the” hurt” caused to young unmarried women who say they were felt pressured into handing over their babies for adoption in the 1950s, 60s and 70s. Cardinal Vincent Nichols acknowledged the “the grief and pain caused by the giving up of a child through adoption”, adding: “Sadly for unmarried mothers, adoption was considered to be in the best interests of the mother and child because of the associated stigma and the lack of support for lone parents.”

A documentary telling the stories of some of the women – who gave up an estimated half a million children during a period when the Catholic church, the Church of England and the Salvation Army ran “mother and baby homes” and adoption agencies in the UK – is to be broadcast on ITV on 9 November.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/nov/03/catholic-church-apologises-for-role-in-forced-adoptions-over-30-year-period

The transportation scheme began in the 1920s, in part to east the population of UK orphanages int he years after the First World War, but also to give "lost" children a fresh start in the colonies. But many children, some of whom were forcibly taken from their parents and were not told where they were going, found a life of hardship and depravity once they arrived as many were forced to work on farms and were subject to severe sexual and physical abuse.

One of the surviving victims, David Hill, waived his right to anonymity earlier this year to urge the chair of the inquiry, Professor Alexis Jay, to "name the villains" responsible for the policy. Mr Hill, who later became the managing director of the Australian Broadcasting Authority (ABC), later uncovered documents shown to the inquiry which said a fact-finding mission was set from the UK to Australia in 1956 after people raise concerns about the policy.

As a result, a blacklist of institutions which were mistreating the children was drawn up by the British government  but it was never enforced due to political pressure from the some of the charities and agencies involved.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/child-sex-abuse-inquiry-jimmy-savile-forced-transportation-deportation-to-australia-gordon-brown-a7852041.html

Here is the stats Tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:04 pm

I see the same conflating and lack of conciseness of figures...

Maybe you could help me to understand your points by reiterating what they actually are, and by answering the questions I asked...?

Would be most helpful...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:06 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I see the same conflating and lack of conciseness of figures...

Maybe you could help me to understand your points by reiterating what they actually are, and by answering the questions I asked...?

I can Tommy

Read the evidence

Have you anything to counter mine?

It would be most helpful

In your own time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:09 pm

I see Tommy is just going to ignore facts an regurgitate the same arguments from last night.

What a surprise and that 130,000 children did not exists to him

Enough said

Catch you later everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:48 am

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:02 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

You mean you want me to further dumb this down for you, after explaining countless times and with evidence?

I doubt it would help. considering you are that naive and ignorant on this.

If you cannot understand the basics, you have little chance of understanding anything

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:49 am

Suspect

ALL that nasty little Tommy has shown us is that he doesn't give a damn about child welfare, their mothers, family matters, or the rule of law...

'Tommy Monk' in a nutshell --  nearly always blaming the victims,  while defending their abusers and excusing gov't negligence and wrongdoing..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:02 pm

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:03 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Maybe you could help me to understand your points by reiterating what they actually are, and by answering the questions I asked...?

Maybe you should learn to read

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:26 pm

Only 130,000 over a 50 year period were sent abroad...

And you still havent even said...

1) How many were sent in each year compared to numbers being looked after etc...?

2) What % of those were subjected to any abuse...?

3) How many of the 130,000 were from single mothers...?

4) How many of these were forced to hand them over by christian religious groups...?

5) How many of the % of those who suffered abuse were from this single mother Christian forced group...?

But you are then also going on about some other 500,000 figure...!?

And that is why I'm asking you to clarify what actual points/arguments you are making, and to give some facts and figures for each one...!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:33 pm

1) No relevance

2) 2,000 have come forward though they believe the number is substantially higher. Some are obviously now dead.

3) The majority, as stated in all the articles

4) Most of them were forced into

5) What single mothers Christian group?

6) A documentary telling the stories of some of the women – who gave up an estimated half a million children during a period when the Catholic church, the Church of England and the Salvation Army ran “mother and baby homes” and adoption agencies in the UK – is to be broadcast on ITV on 9 November.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/nov/03/catholic-church-apologises-for-role-in-forced-adoptions-over-30-year-period

So what purpose did any of Tommy's points have?

None

As this is now part of an ongoing investigation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:39 pm

Try again dodge...

The only quesstion answered correctly was number 2...

But are you saying that all those 2000 suffered sexual abuse...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:42 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Try again dodge...

The only quesstion answered correctly was number 2...

But are you saying that all those 2000 suffered sexual abuse...?

I dont have to try anything Twatty, your questions were answered, you though keep ignoring the facts.

So my answers were all correct, prove otherwise.

In the mean time why not educate yourself on the matter

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:55 pm

So you cant answer the questions then...!?

Oh well... nothing more to say here...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:57 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So you cant answer the questions then...!?

Oh well... nothing more to say here...

lol, I am still waiting or you to say anything of substance here

See ya then

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:00 pm

Im still waiting for you to give answers and evidence to back up your claims...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Im still waiting for you to give answers and evidence to back up your claims...

I have and have also given plenty of evidence.

You just continue to do this.

Forced child migration 'bigger abuse scandal than Savile' - Page 5 Article-2525602-1A2B2A3600000578-553_634x408

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Is that you trying to shout down to Australia for some answers, dodge...!?

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Is that you trying to shout down to Australia for some answers, dodge...!?

Laughing

Off course not Tommy, that is you with your head perpetually in the sand on every single debate

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5