NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mum waits in A&E for hours with dead baby in her handbag.

+5
Original Quill
nicko
magica
HoratioTarr
Syl
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mum waits in A&E for hours with dead baby in her handbag. - Page 2 Empty Mum waits in A&E for hours with dead baby in her handbag.

Post by Syl Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Heartbreaking....it sounds like something you would hear about in a third world country. Sad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/woman-forced-wait-three-hours-10839408

"A woman who suffered a miscarriage claims she was forced to wait in A&E for three hours with her dead baby in her handbag.
Tammy Anderson, 33, was told to bring her son’s body into hospital when she rang midwives to inform them about what had happened.
The traumatised mum-of-two ended up sitting in a crowded waiting room with the corpse of her baby - named Archie - beside her.
She was finally seen by a doctor but claims medics failed to put her in touch with a bereavement midwife until nearly 48 hours later.
Tammy said: “It was a horrific three hours, which I will never, ever forget."
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mum waits in A&E for hours with dead baby in her handbag. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mum waits in A&E for hours with dead baby in her handbag.

Post by Guest Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:03 am

eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

That is not necessarily true they will advise to wait, especially, if they have heavy bleeding that continues.

I can tell you, that heavy bleeding and body parts are very much a part of a miscarriage and unless there's any sign of infection or other obvious complications, you have an early miscarriage at home.
There's nothing to be done.

Well I am sorry you are very much in error if heavy bleeding continues, that this needs to be checked eddie, in case there is further problems.

Back to top Go down

Mum waits in A&E for hours with dead baby in her handbag. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mum waits in A&E for hours with dead baby in her handbag.

Post by eddie Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:
Thorin wrote:

That is not necessarily true they will advise to wait, especially, if they have heavy bleeding that continues.

I can tell you, that heavy bleeding and body parts are very much a part of a miscarriage and unless there's any sign of infection or other obvious complications, you have an early miscarriage at home.
There's nothing to be done.

Well I am sorry you are very much in error if heavy bleeding continues, that this needs to be checked eddie, in case there is further problems.

We were discussing an immediate miscarriage anyway, but heavy bleeding can go on for 6-8 weeks.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

She might ask the woman at the reception desk to hold the dead fetus for safe-keeping ... there is after all a chain-of-custody issue should it become evidence.  Then just walk away and sit down.

Most American hospitals have a small morgue in the cellar.  That, at least, was my intention.  The Emergency Ward makes as much sense for a dead baby, as the Physical Therapy or Radiology Department.

You can't just walk into a morgue though, any more than you just walk into a radiology department. The women might have needed medical attention herself.

All I'm saying is grant each need it's proper place. If the mother is alive and needs emergency assistance, the place for her is the emergency ward. The baby, however, is dead and belongs in a morgue.

I don't think anyone is questioning the mother's need for emergency assistance if she is sick or injured. The question is having the dead fetus wait needlessly, like some piece of trash, and all the disrespect for the dead that this implies.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You can't just walk into a morgue though, any more than you just walk into a radiology department. The women might have needed medical attention herself.

All I'm saying is grant each need it's proper place.  If the mother is alive and needs emergency assistance, the place for her is the emergency ward.  The baby, however, is dead and belongs in a morgue.  

I don't think anyone is questioning the mother's need for emergency assistance if she is sick or injured.  The question is having the dead fetus wait needlessly, like some piece of trash, and all the disrespect for the dead that this implies.

Yes but you can't just walk into a morgue with a dead foetus, any more than you can walk in dragging the dead body of an adult. It has to be done via the proper procedure
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2