NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police Inspector Slammed For ‘Boastful’ Tweet Showing Video Of Moment He Tackled Cycling Thief

+2
Original Quill
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Police Inspector Slammed For ‘Boastful’ Tweet Showing Video Of Moment He Tackled Cycling Thief Empty Police Inspector Slammed For ‘Boastful’ Tweet Showing Video Of Moment He Tackled Cycling Thief

Post by Guest Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:43 pm

A police inspector’s “boast” on social media about an arrest that saw a thief crashing headfirst into the road after being deliberately knocked off a bike has divided opinion. While some have praised the Hammersmith and Fulham officer for using a van door to stop the offender in an unconventional arrest, others have branded it “disgraceful conduct” that should be investigated by the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

Inspector Richard Berns pinned a tweet showing video of the arrest on Twitter last week, prompted more than 170 people to comment. Berns wrote in an accompanying caption: “This criminal tried to get away, but thanks to the driving of A/PS Field & A (small + proportionate) nudge from me, he got 28 weeks instead.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/police-inspector-slammed_uk_5964801ce4b09b587d618bbd?utm_hp_ref=uk

Video on link

Back to top Go down

Police Inspector Slammed For ‘Boastful’ Tweet Showing Video Of Moment He Tackled Cycling Thief Empty Re: Police Inspector Slammed For ‘Boastful’ Tweet Showing Video Of Moment He Tackled Cycling Thief

Post by Syl Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:52 pm

His method of stopping the thief was quite ingenious.....had the thief been badly injured ......well maybe he shouldn't be breaking the law and trying to flee.

Posting the video and entering into online banter about this is where the police have come unstuck imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Police Inspector Slammed For ‘Boastful’ Tweet Showing Video Of Moment He Tackled Cycling Thief Empty Re: Police Inspector Slammed For ‘Boastful’ Tweet Showing Video Of Moment He Tackled Cycling Thief

Post by Guest Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Syl wrote:His method of stopping the thief was quite ingenious.....had the thief been badly injured ......well maybe he shouldn't be breaking the law and trying to flee.

Posting the video and entering into online banter about this is where the police have come unstuck imo.

Ah but if he had not been stopped by the Police. Would he have then caused an accident, running into pedestrians for example, in his haste to get away?

I agree he should not have bragged about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:02 am

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:His method of stopping the thief was quite ingenious.....had the thief been badly injured ......well maybe he shouldn't be breaking the law and trying to flee.

Ah but if he had not been stopped by the Police, would he have then caused an accident, running into pedestrians for example, in his haste to get away?

Yep, he could have badly injured others, I think the police did what they had to do in the circumstances.
They were foolish to put the video out.....someone somewhere will always want to criticise anything that is slightly un pc......that was their mistake.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:04 am

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Ah but if he had not been stopped by the Police, would he have then caused an accident, running into pedestrians for example, in his haste to get away?

Yep, he could have badly injured others, I think the police did what they had to do in the circumstances.
They were foolish to put the video out.....someone somewhere will always want to criticise anything that is slightly un pc......that was their mistake.

Very much agree Syl

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:14 am

I didn't see where the victim, Nedd, did anything criminal.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:58 am

Original Quill wrote:I didn't see where the victim, Nedd, did anything criminal.

Do you personally see what the criminal does in millions of crimes?

The fact the criminal was sentenced to 28 weeks is a tad of a give away

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:14 am

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I didn't see where the victim, Nedd, did anything criminal.

But as I read the story, they didn't know that at the time he was apprehended. So that's ex post facto reasoning. Suppose they had nailed the wrong guy?

I only ask because y'all are using the same reasoning that the NRA uses to peddle it's guns in America: the only guy who will be hurt is the bad guy. But...how do you know before the fact?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:32 am

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:

But as I read the story, they didn't know that at the time he was apprehended.  So that's ex post facto reasoning.  Suppose they had nailed the wrong guy?

I only ask because y'all are using the same reasoning that the NRA uses to peddle it's guns in America: the only guy who will be hurt is the bad guy.  But...how do you know before the fact?

Did you read they did not know at the time?

I think you just made up a load of rubbish, as no where does it state as you claim

This is not the US and thank goodness for that, as they would be trigger happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:12 am

Quill, your trigger happy Police would have shot him !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:34 am

nicko wrote:Quill, your trigger happy Police would have shot him !

Exactly
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:36 am

That will be because you haven't seen the CCTV footage of the offence.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:22 am

Police Inspector Slammed For ‘Boastful’ Tweet Showing Video Of Moment He Tackled Cycling Thief 479860004

I don't see anything wrong with the arrest...

No worse than a bystander "straight arming" him as he tried to flee his crime..

It would have been different if someone else (i.e. not a police officer) had taken and posted that video --  but it is quite questionable and 'unprofessional' to have an Inspector posting that and then openly bragging about it on social media.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:28 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Police Inspector Slammed For ‘Boastful’ Tweet Showing Video Of Moment He Tackled Cycling Thief 479860004

I don't see anything wrong with the arrest...

No worse than a bystander "straight arming" him as he tried to flee his crime..

It would have been different if someone else (i.e. not a police officer) had taken and posted that video --  but it is quite questionable and 'unprofessional' to have an Inspector posting that and then openly bragging about it on social media.

agree, only thing a bit weird is the cops posting it
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:08 pm

nicko wrote:Quill, your trigger happy Police would have shot him !

Lol...proud of it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down