NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celebrities send cards and messages to little boy who is being bullied.

5 posters

Go down

Celebrities send cards and messages to little boy who is being bullied. Empty Celebrities send cards and messages to little boy who is being bullied.

Post by Syl Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:18 pm

Its nice that people care enough, but why does everything have to be played out on social media sites now?
If a kid is being bullied, its up to parents, teachers, and the immediate people involved to sort it surely......why do hundreds of strangers who don't know the lad have to boost his confidence?

Also, is this REALLY bullying? Most kids (and adults) know a braggart who tries to convince that everything they do or have is better than someone elses...that's their insecurity not yours, and should be easily dealt with.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/celebrity/stormzy-jason-manford-and-more-send-birthday-wishes-to-young-boy-who-is-being-bullied-after-dads-appeal-goes-viral/ar-BBDtDum?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartanntp

"A host of celebrities have sent birthday greetings to a young boy who is being bullied after his dad's appeal went viral.
Chris Hope-Smith, from Leeds, launched an appeal for messages for his son Ollie, who turns nine on July 5.
He wrote: "The bully keeps saying to him that everything O has, he has bigger/better/more often. O excited for his birthday but keeps being told it won't be as good as his own.
"I would be so grateful and I appreciate it is an odd request. Just would love someone to tell him he does mean something and bullying is not ok, ever."
Since then, the message has been retweeted more than 8,000 times with celebrities, such as Jason Manford, Rufus Hound and Stormzy , sending messages in droves."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Celebrities send cards and messages to little boy who is being bullied. Empty Re: Celebrities send cards and messages to little boy who is being bullied.

Post by magica Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:47 pm

I suppose its nice to get nice words but tbh kids need to stand up to bullies. Give in and you're making yourself a victim through life.

I detest bullies, but you must stand your ground as bullies are weak and the more you give back the more they back off.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Celebrities send cards and messages to little boy who is being bullied. Empty Re: Celebrities send cards and messages to little boy who is being bullied.

Post by Syl Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:37 pm

I'm not sure that was bullying though....people seem to expect kids to never say the wrong thing now, but they do, and labelling someone a bully when they are probably just a spoiled brat seems going over the top to me.

I also think the best way is to stand up to bullies, unfortunately not every kid has the power to do that, so I think that concentrating and addressing the bullies behaviour more than the victims is the best way.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:49 pm

Load of bollocks!

Thats not bullying!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:59 pm

A bully hits people. This guy just has a difference of opinion.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:34 pm

Sounds likely that this kid is the one trying to show off and upset that he is not getting the response he is after as the other kid is out doing him on the bragging...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:A bully hits people.  This guy just has a difference of opinion.

You don't have to hit someone in order to bully them. Bullying can be mental as well as physical.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:42 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:A bully hits people.  This guy just has a difference of opinion.

You don't have to hit someone in order to bully them. Bullying can be mental as well as physical.

I think Quill understands that Syl
Words can mentally hit people, but physical pains is different.
Bullying is always wrong
But countless people tackle it.
Where we fail, is on those who cannot confront it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Sounds likely that this kid is the one trying to show off and upset that he is not getting the response he is after as the other kid is out doing him on the bragging...

It's not the kid though, it's his dad that has appealed for birthday messages to be sent to him.
It's odd rally....the dad says the messages will show the lad that 'he does mean something'.....Surely messages from strangers can't do that nearly as much as your parents telling you you are can.

Why does every event have to be played out in the public eye?

Make the lads 9th birthday a good one, and just don't invite the kid who brags to his party....job done. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:52 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:Sounds likely that this kid is the one trying to show off and upset that he is not getting the response he is after as the other kid is out doing him on the bragging...

It's not the kid though, it's his dad that has appealed for birthday messages to be sent to him.
It's odd rally....the dad says the messages will show the lad that 'he does mean something'.....Surely messages from strangers can't do that nearly as much as your parents telling you you are can.

Make the lads 9th birthday a good one, and just don't invite the kid who brags to his party....job done. cheers

You asked why every event has to be played out in the public eye?

There is a simple reason for this.
As how many have died because people simple did not listen?

The only job done is when people truly listen.
When  they listen with their heads instead of their hearts.

Its not emotions that save lives. Its education that does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:54 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Bullying is always wrong

Bullying can be done in words just as efficiently as in blows.
In an ideal world there would be no bullies, obviously there are many.
In an ideal world everyone would be able to stand up to bullies, sadly not everyone can.
I think we do often fail in dealing with bullying, sometimes by blaming the victims inability to handle it.

It's always the bully who is at fault, never the victim, especially when the victim is a child or vulnerable in some way.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Bullying is always wrong

In an ideal world everyone would be able to stand up to bullies, sadly not everyone can.
I think we do often fail in dealing with bullying, sometimes by blaming the victims inability to handle it.

It's always the bully who is at fault, never the victim, especially when the victim is a child or vulnerable in some way.

Can words be effective as blows?
Only unless those bullied who react to it.

Bullies only ever survive when you can feed them

So its easy to defeat a bully

It only takes self belief

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:03 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I do think words can be as effective as blows...maybe in a way more so, cuts and bruises heal, emotional cruelty, which is a form of bullying, may scar a person for life.

When we read of kids committing suicide because of bullying, often nowadays it's internet bullying.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I meant why does every private event have to be played out in public.
Having a birthday or a holiday....announce on various social media sites about it....then bore everyone to death after the event about every minute detail of who said what to who.
Why do people constantly need an audience and approval all the time.

Just get on with it like people always have done in the past. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I do think words can be as effective as blows...maybe in a way more so, cuts and bruises heal, emotional cruelty, which is a form of bullying,  may scar a person for life.

When we read of kids committing suicide because of bullying, often nowadays it's internet bullying.

Words are words and only ever painful when you allow them to be

Physical pain is different

It has little ability for people to control

We fail kids when they suicide, but we fail them more when we do not listen.

Kids live today in a world of despair and not of a bright future

Future is based on hope is it not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:14 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Having a birthday or a holiday....announce on various social media sites about it....then bore everyone to death after the event about every minute detail of who said what to who.

So you think good news bores you to death?

What a sad day that must be for humanity?

What I ask, is why people are more bitter  than happy?

That happiness only comes to some, when they mock them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:14 pm

Thorin wrote:Can words be effective as blows?

Wise words. He who understands this has control over his life.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:Can words be effective as blows?

Wise words.  He who understands this has control over his life.

Thanks mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:22 pm

I'm not impressed. Why would a bunch of strangers wishing him a happy birthday stop the "bully"? The bully is probably just showing off anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm not impressed. Why would a bunch of strangers wishing him a happy birthday stop the "bully"? The bully is probably just showing off anyway.

I get what you're saying. I don't think the father thinks he can stop the bullying (if it is bullying), but he can compensate by making his child feel better.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I like good news as much as anyone else does, but I have an interesting enough life to not be interested in every detail of someone else's life when they choose to play it out on social media.

Each to their own though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm not impressed. Why would a bunch of strangers wishing him a happy birthday stop the "bully"? The bully is probably just showing off anyway.

It won't stop the bully....and I don't think the other lad is bullying him anyway.
Bragging and bullying are two different things.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:00 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I like good news as much as anyone else does, but I have an interesting enough life to not be interested in every detail of someone else's life when they choose to play  it out on social media.

Really, as it seems you are interested on every aspect of this forum?

It seems you pick and chose what does interest you and what does not, you then slate the individual.

Does that sound more accurate?

So you are happy to embrace many private events if the news pleases you and yet as seen here instead berate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:07 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I like good news as much as anyone else does, but I have an interesting enough life to not be interested in every detail of someone else's life when they choose to play  it out on social media.

It seems you pick and chose what does interest you and what does not, you then slate the individual.

So you are happy to embrace many private events if the news pleases you and yet as seen here instead berate.

Are you being deliberately stupid?...or are you still smarting from being put on ignore for a week? Laughing
Posting on a forum about different subjects is hardly the same as following the ins and outs of someones life on social media.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:22 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Are you being deliberately stupid?...or are you still smarting from being put on ignore for a week?  Laughing
Posting on a forum about different subjects is hardly the same as following the ins and outs of someones life on social media.

So I see abuse starts when you are questioned?

Not smarting about anything and the fact you misdirect to this further proves my point

Posting on a forum is following many aspects of life where you think you are morally entitled to judge people

Please stick to the points and stop acting like a child

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:36 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Are you being deliberately stupid?...or are you still smarting from being put on ignore for a week?  Laughing

Not smarting about anything and the fact you misdirect to this further proves my point

Posting on a forum is following many aspects of life where you think you are morally entitled to judge people

Please stick to the points and stop acting like a child Sly

There is no abuse, and the name is Syl....it's only 3 letters, not that hard to get right. Wink

I am sticking to the points...read back, it's you who always gets offended and starts getting personal when people disagree with your pov.

Any other comments about the thread I may respond to, any more comments about me I won't.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:38 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Please stick to the points and stop acting like a child Sly

There is no abuse, and the name is Syl....it's only 3 letters, not that hard to get right. Wink

I am sticking to the points...read back, it's you who always gets offended and starts getting personal when people disagree with your pov.

Any other comments about the thread I may respond to, any more comments about me I won't.

See you are still talking about me Sly and that is why you are now called that

You made this about me and then now feel offended because I call you out

What a hypocrite

Grow up

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:43 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

What a hypocrite

Grow up
Back on ignore.....idiot.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:45 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

What a hypocrite

Grow up
Back on ignore.....idiot.

Ah more childish abuse when taken to task, what a surprise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:51 pm

Syl wrote:

It won't stop the bully....and I don't think the other lad is bullying him anyway.

I agree, and I can't see the point of this whole exercise. scratch
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I agree, and I can't see the point of this whole exercise. scratch

Possibly just to get their 5 minutes of fame.
Maybe the dad could have thought of a better way...because not only has he made his 8 year old lad seem sad and bullied, he has branded another young kid as a bully....and he probably isn't.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down