NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Benefits recipients haven't got enough

Go down

The Benefits recipients haven't got enough Empty The Benefits recipients haven't got enough

Post by Clarkson Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:50 pm

One of the greatest challenges to the NHS is the epidemic of obese people. Those on benefits you often find are grossly overweight. (White Dee comes to mind)

We are told by the comrades that they are not given enough to live on yet they dine out on takeaways. One thing which benefits people have a  lot of is time. They could spend it on buying fresh fruit and veg from the market and making wholesome food but instead they ruin their own bodies placing an even greater burden on the taxpayer.

Is it that they simply expect to be looked after and couldn't give a flying f--k about anyone else.

Is it they believe the rantings of people like Scatman that they are done down.

Or is it both of the above.

Discuss.
This thread prompted by this article.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/cristinaodone/100257543/when-britain-takes-to-its-bed-the-nhs-will-really-go-bust/

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The Benefits recipients haven't got enough Empty Re: The Benefits recipients haven't got enough

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:06 pm

fresh fruit and veg is often very expensive, the budget foods they can afford are often full of crap and that is half the trouble..

Back to top Go down

The Benefits recipients haven't got enough Empty Re: The Benefits recipients haven't got enough

Post by Clarkson Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:11 pm

I beg to differ. At a recent visit to Bolton market I was astounded how cheap the produce is and it is a lot better than processed foods which are killers.

Like I said time is a commodity that is not scarce for the unemployed. As someone who now has a lot of free time I have started to cook myself and it is enjoyable as well as beneficial.

I need to lose a few pounds which I have acquired since I gave up smoking. It is true I can afford to buy my food anywhere but the market is a great place to buy for quality and price why waste money!

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:32 pm

heavenly father wrote:fresh fruit and veg is often very expensive, the budget foods they can afford are often full of crap and that is half the trouble..

That may be true, father.

But at least those on benefits got it FREE for many years under Labour.

Not sure if they still do for babies and toddlers.

Whereas those who work had to do without!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As with everything in the UK - those who work, suffer.

Yes - the website is still there.

http://www.healthystart.nhs.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down