NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims

+4
Syl
Raggamuffin
Victorismyhero
eddie
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims - Page 2 Empty Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims - Page 2 131302239-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqfyXGikpR9ox1sv_ufVxBf2YiV4IsE80NIstg3DW7Rx0

The latest issue of Charlie Hebdo, the French satirical magazine, shows a decapitated Theresa May on the front page and includes a cartoon which mocks victims of the London Bridge terror attacks. Under the headline "English multiculturalism," the graphic front page depicts Theresa May carrying her severed head under her arm and saying: "Too much is too much."

And a cartoon inside shows a group of terrified people running past Big Ben - one of them holding a pint of beer - alongside the caption "Slimming tips from Daesh (Islamic State)."

The issue was published just hours before polls opened in a general election marred by terror attacks in London and Manchester which left more than 20 people dead and dozens more injured.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/08/charlie-hebdo-runs-image-decapitated-theresa-may-front-page/

Really poor taste and appalling, but there is two interesting things to take from this.

The western media's publish the cartoon itself, where they never do when it is ever about Muhammad or Islam.

I also do not see mass riots and people being murdered by Tory supporters over this, in the country

Back to top Go down

Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims - Page 2 Empty Re: Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Laughing

So you agree, its religious people that are the problem here Rags?

How they are offended?

Over nothing said directly at them?

Well it was the staff of Charlie Hebdo who had a problem, wasn't it? It's simply not worth dying for a cartoon which isn't even funny.

So you are now saying what is worthy to die for

So you want to surrender to fear?

That the fear or dying, is not worth living with laughter?

Back to top Go down

Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims - Page 2 Empty Re: Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:47 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well it was the staff of Charlie Hebdo who had a problem, wasn't it? It's simply not worth dying for a cartoon which isn't even funny.

Oh well, if they want to die for something that's not even funny, that's entirely up to them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Oh well, if they want to die for something that's not even funny, that's entirely up to them.
#

Why even should they die though?

Is it because adults are acting like kids finding out Santa does not exist?

That they become emotionally distressed?

You see, i can understand a child behaving like this, but an adult?

Well they are clearly acting like a child if upset are they not over a belief?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

#

Well some of them did die, didn't they?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:
#

Well some of them did die, didn't they?

And did they get upset over telling the truth?

Did they kill in reprisal?

So you would agree that to beat this immaturity, we must tackle it head on?

By mocking religious beliefs?

Or do you wish to bow to fear?

So which is it Rags?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:00 pm

If people want to mock, swear, make fun of and ridicule others, as long as they are within the law, they should be freely entitled to do so.

To try to supress that by randomly murdering people is totally obscene.

Shut them up and who next? women who go out for a drink? men who don't bow down to pray?

I don't like mockery and find certain modern humour horrible (Frankie Boyle for eg) so I deal with that by not buying or listening to anything he says....THATS free choice, not killing someone to shut them up.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:07 pm

Syl wrote:If people want to mock, swear, make fun of and ridicule others, as long as they are within the law, they should be freely entitled to do so.

Shut them up and who next? women who go out for a drink? men who don't bow down to pray?

I don't like mockery and find certain modern humour horrible (Frankie Boyle for eg) so I deal with that by not buying or listening to anything he says....THATS free choice, not killing someone to shut them up.

If they do mock and ridicule others, they do so at their own risk, and they should know that. Comparing it to women who go out to drink is not a fair comparison.

Do you think that school children should be the target of mockery and ridicule then? Don't they call that bullying?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:If people want to mock, swear, make fun of and ridicule others, as long as they are within the law, they should be freely entitled to do so.

If they do mock and ridicule others, they do so at their own risk, and they should know that. Comparing it to women who go out to drink is not a fair comparison.  

Do you think that school children should be the target of mockery and ridicule then? Don't they call that bullying?

Its a pretty good comparison, its all about squashing free speech and free thinking.

Bullying at school is completely different...there is a valid point to satire, there is no valid point to bullying.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Its a pretty good comparison, its all about squashing free speech and free thinking.

Bullying at school is completely different...there is a valid point to satire, there is no valid point to bullying.

The Muslims who killed the staff at CH did so because they were mocking Islam, not because they didn't like them going out drinking.

Mockery and ridicule is bullying. What is the difference?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

The Muslims who killed the staff at CH did so because they were mocking Islam, not because they didn't like them going out drinking.

So are you saying murder is a perfectly reasonable response to mocking?

So you are saying, piss take out of a myth is bullying?

Tell me, in Christian beliefs, when  Jesus condemned people countless times. Does that make him a bully Ragas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

So you and I may not like others being mocked....so what, we don't go round killing people, we just don't buy their merchandise.
If people were cowed by this sort of terrorism our free way of life would be ruled by despotic religious nutters.

That would include people drinking and enjoying themselves, as has been shown over the last couple of years, and more recently here in Manchester and London....stopping the free press is just one target, there are many more.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Look, would you go into a lion's cage and poke the lion just because you can? No you wouldn't, so why poke at people who you know can be dangerous?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Look, would you go into a lion's cage and poke the lion just because you can? No you wouldn't, so why poke at people who you know can be dangerous?

So what you are saying is that Islam is dangerous, yes?

That if you fuck with it, you get burned?

So you are saying Islam is dangerous, yes?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:27 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Look, would you go into a lion's cage and poke the lion just because you can? No you wouldn't, so why poke at people who you know can be dangerous?

There are dangerous elements within Islam, yes. That's fairly obvious, given the terrorist attacks lately, yes?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

There are dangerous elements within Islam, yes. That's fairly obvious, given the terrorist attacks lately, yes?

Which means ISLAM IS THE PROBLEM, YES?

Why would anyone cut off the head of someone.as they do with ISIS?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:30 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't know what the problem is, I just know that there are dangerous elements there, and the staff of Charlie Hebdo knew that. Do they still mock Muslims?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I don't know what the problem is, I just know that there are dangerous elements there, and the staff of Charlie Hebdo knew that. Do they still mock Muslims?

I will explain this to you

Why do some Muslims got mental with violence ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:42 pm

No, but neither would I let the lion dictate how I should live my life.

You either decide to allow one group of people to act outside the law in a murderous fashion or you don't.
The way to NOT let them is to carry on living the life you always have....if you go too far the legal system will stops you, not the fact that your head is hanging off your neck or a nail bomb has blown you to bits.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:47 pm

Syl wrote:

You either decide to allow one group of people to act outside the law in a murderous fashion or you don't.
The way to NOT let them is to carry on living the life you always have....if you go too far the legal system will stops you, not the fact that your head is hanging off your neck or a nail bomb has blown you to bits.

The people who killed the staff weren't dictating how anyone should live their life - they were retaliating against the mockery. Of course what they did was illegal, and they were killed themselves. The point I'm making is - why stir up trouble against people who may well retaliate in a murderous way? What is the point of mocking Islam anyway? It's not going to make any Muslim give up their religion is it?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

The people who killed the staff weren't dictating how anyone should live their life - they were retaliating against the mockery. Of course what they did was illegal, and they were killed themselves. The point I'm making is - why stir up trouble against people who may well retaliate in a murderous way? What is the point of mocking Islam anyway? It's not going to make any Muslim give up their religion is it?

Retaliating?

So you think its fine to use violence with mockery?

What you are saying, is that we bow down to terror.

Not on my watch

If you believe that we should hold back with mockery. Then you then end up defending that belief inadvertently.

So do you think its right to murder people based off opinions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Retaliating?

Not on my watch

If you believe that we should hold back with mockery. Then you then  end up defending that belief inadvertently.

My point is that they didn't shoot the staff because they wanted them to behave like Muslims.

So what is the point of mocking Muslims exactly?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Retaliating?

Not on my watch

If you believe that we should hold back with mockery. Then you then  end up defending that belief inadvertently.

My point is that they didn't shoot the staff because they wanted them to behave like Muslims.

OMG, they shot them as unbelievers

To ISIS, you are a christian and a mockery of Islam
They shot the staff as they hated them/.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:03 pm

Why do some here want to bow down to fear?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:04 pm

If a man is in the habit of battering his wife should she never do anything to displease him?

Its the same reasoning.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

They shot them because they were mocking Islam/Muslims.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So you admit they act like toddlers?

With a tantrum.

So the question to ask, is religious mockery then punishable..?

So do you believe people should suffer, if they do believed>?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

With a tantrum.

Toddlers don't generally shoot people.

What is the purpose of CH mocking religious people?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:35 pm

I think that mocking Isis and all those fwits that support them is absolutely the way to go. I won't live my life to please a minority who think their views and beliefs are the only way to live and their warped view of Islam is the only truth.
I won't be dictated to by scum that want to kill us and I won't be scared of them either. I won't fear them but I will laugh at them and mock them.
Did you see the kip of that little Abedi bastard? What a revolting little shit he was. If that is what they view as a good Muslim they they are surely deserving of nothing but derision and contempt.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:07 pm

I don't suppose the people on this forum have been affected by any sort of Islamic wish that they should live a different way. If you have, perhaps you could explain how.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

With a tantrum.

Toddlers don't generally shoot people.

What is the purpose of CH mocking religious people?

Excellent well done, so why do Muslims murder people over this?

Are they toddlers in mentality?

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't suppose the people on this forum have been affected by any sort of Islamic wish that they should live a different way. If you have, perhaps you could explain how.

Well you have for a start! You are the one saying we shouldn't poke fun at them in case they harm us. Taking the piss and finding the humour in the darkest things is a wonderful British tradition. I can't think of a bunch more deserving of our derision.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't suppose the people on this forum have been affected by any sort of Islamic wish that they should live a different way. If you have, perhaps you could explain how.

Well you have for a start! You are the one saying we shouldn't poke fun at them in case they harm us. Taking the piss and finding the humour in the darkest things is a wonderful British tradition. I can't think of a bunch more deserving of our derision.

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:20 pm

Miffs2 wrote:

I've actually affected the way you live? Wow!

I've never really taken to that black humour which so many people find so amusing - British or not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

I've never really taken to that black humour which so many people find so amusing - British or not.

Ok Rags have that affected my life ? Yes they have, Mainly my working life, but I will admit this last week I have been unable to sleep much thinking about what I have seen and been told this week. Humour is a large part of my coping mechanism.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ok Rags have that affected my life ? Yes they have, Mainly my working life, but I will admit this last week I have been unable to sleep much thinking about what I have seen and been told this week. Humour is a large part of my coping mechanism.

Do you mean the terrorist attacks? They were horrendous, I agree.

However, most Muslims don't take part in that kind of thing, and I'm not sure why they should be mocked for their faith.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

Do you mean the terrorist attacks? They were horrendous, I agree.

However, most Muslims don't take part in that kind of thing, and I'm not sure why they should be mocked for their faith.

Why shouldn't their faith be mocked? Have you seen Life of Brian?!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2