NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims

+4
Syl
Raggamuffin
Victorismyhero
eddie
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims Empty Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims 131302239-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqfyXGikpR9ox1sv_ufVxBf2YiV4IsE80NIstg3DW7Rx0

The latest issue of Charlie Hebdo, the French satirical magazine, shows a decapitated Theresa May on the front page and includes a cartoon which mocks victims of the London Bridge terror attacks. Under the headline "English multiculturalism," the graphic front page depicts Theresa May carrying her severed head under her arm and saying: "Too much is too much."

And a cartoon inside shows a group of terrified people running past Big Ben - one of them holding a pint of beer - alongside the caption "Slimming tips from Daesh (Islamic State)."

The issue was published just hours before polls opened in a general election marred by terror attacks in London and Manchester which left more than 20 people dead and dozens more injured.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/08/charlie-hebdo-runs-image-decapitated-theresa-may-front-page/

Really poor taste and appalling, but there is two interesting things to take from this.

The western media's publish the cartoon itself, where they never do when it is ever about Muhammad or Islam.

I also do not see mass riots and people being murdered by Tory supporters over this, in the country

Back to top Go down

Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims Empty Re: Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims

Post by eddie Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:06 pm

Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims Img_6243

Okay so that's my opinion.

Yes, it's poor taste but so are other "jokes" and I don't mind any jokes really because humour is great.
Would I have made that cartoon? Probably not but I defend having the right to do so.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims Empty Re: Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:23 pm

eddie wrote:Charlie Hebdo runs image of decapitated Theresa May on front page and mocks London Bridge terror victims Img_6243

Okay so that's my opinion.

Yes, it's poor taste but so are other "jokes" and I don't mind any jokes really because humour is great.
Would I have made that cartoon? Probably not but I defend having the right to do so.

As do i defend their right to do so.

Hence why you missed the point I was trying to make

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:24 pm

I didn't miss your point didge I was just too busy making mine Razz

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:28 pm

eddie wrote:I didn't miss your point didge I was just too busy making mine Razz

lol fair enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:24 pm

I suggest we go over there and blow em up....thats the proper thing to do init?...oh wait.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:25 pm

Is it supposed to be funny though?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:57 pm

The first headless woman walking round London was written about in a song long ago..."With her head tucked underneath her arm she walks the bloody tower"...that was Anne Boleyn, so at least the prime minister would be in good company. Laughing

And...at least its not as gruesome a pic as Kathy Griffin one was when he held a bloody Trump head.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Politicians are easy game for this kind of lampooning but in the light of terrorism, I don't find it remotely funny.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Did not make me laugh.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:02 pm

I think this was appalling, considering todays climate with heads being lopped off. Disgusting imo.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:19 pm

magica wrote:I think this was appalling, considering todays climate with heads being lopped off.  Disgusting imo.

Its poor and I agree and yet I agree they have every right to post any such satire. The reality is nobody is looking to gun down the Charlie Hebdo workers for this and neither is anyone calling on all Brits or Tories mind to bomb France because of this. This is why the view to be offended should be something we stand vocally to speak out on. Not something to be seen as an excuse to commit violence, because peoples feelings have been hurt over. Yet sadly this is the continued case everytime some Muslims get their feelings hurt whenever Islam is ridiculed or taken the piss out of. That we should fear not to, as if to do so, invites violence. Not even questioning why that violence is wrong and how such blind faith formed from fear causes violence.

You know a few years back I once thought and openly spoke out against such satire as if they were the cause for violence by extremists, never seeing the bigger picture and many people think it was Sam Harris that changed my views here. It was not. I had a debate and lost a debate to one poster here on this. Who opened my eyes as to why I was wrong. This person systematically tore apart my arguments and i reacted with anger in return. Until I stopped being emotive and seeing exactly what this person was saying was true.

If ever people want to understand the problems of literal religious belief, then they need only look no further than when religious people carry out acts of violence. Due to how over insensitive they are to their own beliefs being ridiculed. Where its evident that where religious people who literally believe place so much stock in faith in that belief. That some are willing to commit violence over this from where no direct offence was offered to them. Its the fear, that nobody should dare challenge something they believe is divine and where the problem of violence stems from, when you have a religion based off an eternal punishment of hell through fear. It controls people through fear to be led by fear and carry out the most stupid and barbaric acts on people.

Now it should be easy to figure out who this poster was.

Any guesses, who opened up my eyes and how they made me sit up and listen?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:34 pm

You'd think they'd tone it down after the attack on their staff really. One can be amusing without being moronic.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:You'd think they'd tone it down after the attack on their staff really. One can be amusing without being moronic.

Why should they?

Are you saying they should bow down to terror?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:40 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:You'd think they'd tone it down after the attack on their staff really. One can be amusing without being moronic.

Why should they?

Well they know what can happen if they piss off the wrong people.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Why should they?

The wrong people?

You mean people who are religiously inspired to murder?

Those with temper tantrums?

That we should bow down to their will?

The only way they are going to understand or learn to grow up. is if the world media prints these cartoons.

I know you dont want to bow down to terror do you rags?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Satire will always piss someone off.
I agree with Thor , you cant be ruled by terror.
If they are not breaking any laws in France they should do what they have always done.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Syl wrote:Satire will always piss someone off.
I agree with Thor , you cant be ruled by terror.
If they are not breaking any laws in France they should do what they have always done.

Exactly Syl

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The wrong people?

The only way they are going to understand or learn to grow up. is if the world media prints these cartoons.

There's no need for them to go out of their way to piss people off is there? If you think there is, please explain why.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

The wrong people?

There's no need for them to go out of their way to piss people off is there? If you think there is, please explain why.

No problem

Each week sports fans get wound up over their team losing and get over this.

Its a facts of life

Does that mean people should stop excelling at sport, because some people might get upset?

Many sports fans get pissed off.

Shall we stop all sports?

Is not the problem that people need to grow up?

Are you not defending those over insensitive rags>?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:52 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No problem

Its a facts of life

Does that mean people should stop excelling at sport, because some people might get upset?

It's hardly the same thing is it? All I'm saying is that they go out of their way to piss people off, so they play with fire. It's not as what they're doing is amusing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Bernard Manning and Chubby Brown have never been amusing and they pissed loads of people off, doesn't mean they are fair game to be murdered though. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

No problem

Its a facts of life

It's hardly the same thing is it? All I'm saying is that they go out of their way to piss people off, so they play with fire. It's not as what they're doing is amusing.

Are you saying sports fans are any less passionate about their beliefs?

This is the problem. You wish to instead defend those who are angry over not being able to take ridicule, when you should be taking them to task for the fact they are acting like children. When they get upset over people mocking their beliefs.

So are you saying people should not take the piss due to insensitivity?

That this is the fault for why people were murdered at Charlie Hebdo?

Again those upset are the problem when they resort to violence

They are full of hate and its hate that directs them.

That to them, such punishments are just, for some simple taking the piss.

You need to trace aback on this and look at what is the real problem here

Religious people learning to have broad shoulders as many Christians already do rags

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

This is the problem. You wish to instead defend those who are angry over not being able to take ridicule, when you should be taking them to task for the fact they are acting like children. When they get upset over people mocking their beliefs.

Religious people learning to have broad shoulders as many Christians already do rags

Running into a building and shooting people isn't really "acting like children" is it? All I'm saying is that after the attack on the staff, you'd think they'd be more sensitive themselves.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Running into a building and shooting people isn't really "acting like children" is it? All I'm saying is that after the attack on the staff, you'd think they'd be more sensitive themselves.

Its the worst form of acting like a child

Its saying i hate you.

Its religious people having a tantrum over people taking the piss with dire consequences, because they are acting like children.

So you want to do what the terrorists want. Bow down to them, because you want to be sensitive to their hate.

Come on Rags, even you can see that is bullshit to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:21 pm

Rags I don't think Hebdo is trying to be 'amusing' like "Hahahaha" its more of a hard-hitting point just told in the style of satire. It's punchy and at times shockingly right-in-your-face, but the observations actually work at getting people talking.

Like you are now.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:27 pm

eddie wrote:Rags I don't think Hebdo is trying to be 'amusing' like "Hahahaha" its more of a hard-hitting point just told in the style of satire. It's punchy and at times shockingly right-in-your-face, but the observations actually work at getting people talking.

Like you are now.

That's just as well.

Anyway, it's their necks they're sticking out, so it's up to them really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Rags I don't think Hebdo is trying to be 'amusing' like "Hahahaha" its more of a hard-hitting point just told in the style of satire. It's punchy and at times shockingly right-in-your-face, but the observations actually work at getting people talking.

Like you are now.

That's just as well.

Yea and quite honestly? I take my hat off to them. I appreciate bravery and real talk and the pure guts it takes (and especially after what happened) to speak out.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:19 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That's just as well.

Yea and quite honestly? I take my hat off to them. I appreciate bravery and real talk and the pure guts it takes (and especially after what happened) to speak out.  

+1

The more people actively say enough and continue to mock, then the more they will realise people are standing up to their tantrums

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:42 pm

I don't really get why people think there's any virtue in mockery.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't really get why people think there's any virtue in mockery.

So you dont like comedy?

Come on rags, have you not laughed at mocking me?

I do not mind and i dont want to cut peoples heads off for it.

The key to humour, is being able to laugh at yourself.

The problem with religions, is being seen to be wrong, alongside views that people should be punished to ridicule said beliefs

You have mocked me Rags, and i do not mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:52 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't really get why people think there's any virtue in mockery.

So you dont like comedy?

The problem with religions, is being seen to be wrong, alongside views that people should be punished to ridicule said beliefs

Mockery isn't comedy, it's more malicious than that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So you dont like comedy?

So you have never laughed when someone falls over?

And then taken the piss?

Come on rags, am not buying this fake offense and even if you were, sorry, best you get over it

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:56 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

And then taken the piss?

Come on rags, am not buying this fake offense and even if you were, sorry, best you get over it

I don't need to get over anything. I think differently to you, and I don't understand why you think mockery is a great idea. You need to get over that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

And then taken the piss?

I don't need to get over anything. I think differently to you, and I don't understand why you think mockery is a great idea. You need to get over that.

Well I even mock myself in front of others. It shows we are able to laugh at ourselves.
The point you should ask is why you would be bothered if i mocked say Jesus.
I mean has he struck me down?
Nope
I guess he appreciates my sense of humour and maybe you should appreciate his.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:01 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well I even mock myself in front of others. It shows we are able to laugh at ourselves.
Nope

Laughing

I just don't know why you would want to, that's all.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Nope

Laughing

If you cannot laugh at yourself, then you cannot truly laugh at all Rags

What harm am I am doing by mocking a myth?

Is not the person offended over sensitive to their own beliefs?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:17 pm

Laughter gets me through everything and most of my favourite people in the world are the ones who share my humour and make me laugh.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:19 pm

eddie wrote:Laughter gets me through everything and most of my favourite people in the world are the ones who share my humour and make me laugh.

Mockery is not the same thing as humour.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

If you cannot laugh at yourself, then you cannot truly laugh at all Rags

What harm am I am doing by mocking a myth?

Is not the person offended over sensitive to their own beliefs?

Because it's not a myth to others, and you are being malicious and not at all amusing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Laughter gets me through everything and most of my favourite people in the world are the ones who share my humour and make me laugh.

It certainly can be.

As I just said. A person can fall over.

You are basically claiming clowns are not funny.

So lets put this to the test

I can understand why a child would be upset, If I told them Santa did not exist.

So explain to me why a Christian for example would get upset, if i said Jesus did not exist?

Is the comparison the immaturity?

As it must be. As I can understand a child upset, with having their dreams shattered, but an adult?

Well, they would also have to have the mentality of a child to be upset over mockery of a belief.

As its not real.

So a child is upset over knowing something is not real

You get the same reaction with religious people and the more religious. The more adverse the reaction.

Does that not mean, that religious people are controlled by their beliefs and emotions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:29 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It certainly can be.

I can understand why a child would be upset, If I told them Santa did not exist.

So explain to me why a Christian for example would get upset, if i said Jesus did not exist?

As it must be. As I can understand a child upset, with having their dreams shattered, but an adult?

Well, they would also have to have the mentality of a child to be upset over mockery of a belief.

As its not real.

You get the same reaction with religious people and the more religious. The more adverse the reaction.

Does that not mean, that religious people are controlled by their beliefs and emotions?

Telling a Christian that Jesus doesn't exist isn't humour is it? It's just an opinion.

Also, clowns are not generally very funny.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:30 pm

Satire is one of the most important forms of ploitical commentary,
often cruel and always hard hitting, it makes and more importantly frames, in a simple and easily understood manner all kinds of political goings on.....
it makes those who are generally "untouchable" more vulnerable , by making them risible, and making a mockery of their plans/ideas/standing...

No one is OR SHOULD BE immune, act like an arse in public life...you are going to get called an arse by SOMEBODY, no matter HOW high up you are or how "sacred" your ideas.....

and talking of sacred....in satire there is NO SUCH animal, nor should there be, for a very good reason....

in SOME religions there is NO distinction between religion and politics...this above all is DANGEROUS, when religion and govt ride in the same cart, the first passengers overboard are truth and justice.

yet "we" as in joe public lack the means to stand in despite of this...if we try we are "bigots" we are "part of teh problem", and often "we" are punished under the spuriously applied laws of "religious discrimination"

these brave satirists, who risk death from extremist nut jobs and even legal persecution from weak state sponsored appeasers, and in the case of satire against the state and its minions from those very "servants of the state", are the ones who put "out there" the absurdity " of such views and ideas

I dare any of you to post a satirical post about corbyn the almighty.....and see how his accolytes abuse you......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:32 pm

I don't think a cartoon is worth dying for really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It certainly can be.

As its not real.

Telling a Christian that Jesus doesn't exist isn't humour is it? It's just an opinion.

It can be very funny, as seen by how as seen religious people react

They can and do act like children

Kids like clowns, so that might be why you do not find it funny.

That the problem is religion, is too serious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You have a warped "sense of humour" though. In fact, you don't really have one at all.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

You have a warped "sense of humour" though. In fact, you don't really have one at all.

Laughing

So you agree, its religious people that are the problem here Rags?

How they are offended?

Over nothing said directly at them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:39 pm

The cartoonist and stage satirist is the modern day equivalent of the harper, who ion medieval times would move from hall to hall, spreading news (often salacious) about neighbouring lords and the king......along with real news and information

so valued was this service and what it stood for that even kings rarely touched a harper, and no lesser person would have dared...they were "protected"

with that in mind one should heed the following, admittedly from a fiction book series (dragon riders of Pern, by Anne McCaffrey)

"when the harper is silenced...all men should listen more carefully"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Laughing

So you agree, its religious people that are the problem here Rags?

How they are offended?

Over nothing said directly at them?

Well it was the staff of Charlie Hebdo who had a problem, wasn't it? It's simply not worth dying for a cartoon which isn't even funny.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Satire is one of the most important forms of ploitical commentary,
often cruel and always hard hitting, it makes and more importantly frames, in a simple and easily understood manner all kinds of political goings on.....
it makes those who are generally "untouchable" more vulnerable , by making them risible, and making a mockery of their plans/ideas/standing...

No one is OR SHOULD BE immune, act like an arse in public life...you are going to get called an arse by SOMEBODY, no matter HOW high up you are or how "sacred" your ideas.....

and talking of sacred....in satire there is NO SUCH animal, nor should there be, for a very good reason....

in SOME religions there is NO distinction between religion and politics...this above all is DANGEROUS, when religion and govt ride in the same cart, the first passengers overboard are truth and justice.

yet "we" as in joe public lack the means to stand in despite of this...if we try we are "bigots" we are "part of teh problem", and often "we" are punished under the spuriously applied laws of "religious discrimination"

these brave satirists, who risk death from extremist nut jobs and even legal persecution from weak state sponsored appeasers, and in the case of satire against the state and its minions from those very "servants of the state",   are the ones who put "out there" the absurdity " of such views and ideas

I dare any of you to post a satirical post about corbyn the almighty.....and see how his accolytes abuse you......

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next