NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene

+11
Tommy Monk
JulesV
HoratioTarr
Syl
nicko
'Wolfie
Original Quill
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
Miffs2
eddie
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene - Page 4 Empty Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene

Post by eddie Mon May 22, 2017 11:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene

People attending the concert fled in panic on hearing the noises - some in tears and some bleeding

Emergency services are rushing to reports of two loud bangs described as 'explosions' at Manchester Arena tonight.

People attending the concert by pop star Ariana Grande fled in panic on hearing the noises - some in tears.

Greater Manchester Police have tweeted to people to "stay away from the area".

At least 10 police cars, five ambulances and two riot vans have been spotted rushing to the scene.

Twitter users are reporting that they thought it was a 'gun shot' or 'bomb' - but sources say that it might be a speaker that blew during the performance.

The noises were heard at the end of the show.

One Twitter user, Riona, said: "Just got out of Manchester arena after seeing Ariana perform. There was a loud bang when the lights came on & everyone ran out screaming."

MirrorOnline has contacted Greater Manchester Police and the Arena for comment.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/manchester-arena-explosions-two-loud-10478734
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene - Page 4 Empty Re: Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene

Post by Syl Wed May 24, 2017 8:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I think tragedies like this do bring communities together, some people feel it more than others.

I obviously don't think the pain suffered en masse  by people not directly involved can be compared in any way with the suffering the people who have lost loved ones or who have loved ones dreadfully hurt....that's not what I meant and I doubt anyone could ever think that.

I'm also thinking of speeches by politicians Syl. I watched the one by Corbyn, and he's the same as the rest - speaking as if the whole of Manchester is suffering just the same. I expect others are doing the same thing. It was the same after the Hillsborough disaster - people spoke about the suffering of the "people of Liverpool". Well it wasn't the people of Liverpool, it was the friends and relatives of those who died who were suffering.

I do think people in a city can suffer collectively if something really horrible happens. Obviously not everyone will, because people are different.
I felt huge sympathy for the people in Paris last year for eg, and I don't even know anyone in Paris.

I don't think sharing sadness diminishes the grief of the people involved, in fact I think it may help them to know that strangers can empathise with their loss.

I also think some politicians may useevents like this in a less than genuine way if it can help them win votes, so like you, I can be a bit cynical too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene - Page 4 Empty Re: Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene

Post by Victorismyhero Wed May 24, 2017 8:46 pm

Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene - Page 4 3489511464 Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene - Page 4 3489511464 Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene - Page 4 3489511464 Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene - Page 4 3489511464 Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene - Page 4 3489511464 Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene - Page 4 3489511464 Manchester Arena 'explosions': Two loud bangs heard at Ariana Grande gig as emergency services rush to scene - Page 4 3489511464

mind you, cant say i blame them....that was appalling, I can sing better than that....

at least he stopped when it was pointed out his "audience" was voteing with its feet.......

Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed May 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

Penguins??? WTF?

Yes, penguins.

So Syl also laughed, are you going to show why even more you are a vile twat and claim she has not suffered?

Or does your hate only extend to your man hatred?

that will do thank you didge....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So its wrong to laugh at something funny that can at least take my mind off this tragic event momentarily?

Your a disgusting little shit who is out to start a fight tonight

What happened, got stood up?

You have not got an ounce of empathy in you or an understand how people feel.

Take your mind off it? Yeah, right. I understand a lot more than you do, and you pretending that this is a tragedy for you is absurd. You will go on as usual, and you will start other threads about something else as soon as you're bored with this one.

So does that mean I or others have not suffered at this attack?

Just because people try and move on, does not mean they forgot or do suffer

Has this sunk into that pea brain of yours

Happy now you are getting the attention you do not get in the real world?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 8:47 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm also thinking of speeches by politicians Syl. I watched the one by Corbyn, and he's the same as the rest - speaking as if the whole of Manchester is suffering just the same. I expect others are doing the same thing. It was the same after the Hillsborough disaster - people spoke about the suffering of the "people of Liverpool". Well it wasn't the people of Liverpool, it was the friends and relatives of those who died who were suffering.

I do think people in a city can suffer collectively if something really horrible happens. Obviously not everyone will, because people are different.
I felt huge sympathy for the people in Paris last year for eg, and I don't even know anyone in Paris.

I don't think sharing sadness diminishes the grief of the people involved, in fact I think it may help them to know that strangers can empathise with their loss.

I also think some politicians may useevents like this  in a less than genuine way if it can help them win votes, so like you, I can be a bit cynical too.

I don't think it helps them much because they know that those strangers will move on to something else in a day or two, and they won't be affected.

Politicians have to say the right things of course, but it's all so predictable and so hollow IMO. I didn't say they were doing to win votes though - I don't think they are.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 8:49 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Thorin wrote:

So Syl also laughed, are you going to show why even more you are a vile twat and claim she has not suffered?

Or does your hate only extend to your man hatred?

that will do thank you didge....

You know she is deliberately starting and picking fights, see back to the andy thread

So fine I will not be abusive as karma always comes to people like Rags

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 8:49 pm

Does anyone know what I mean? This collective suffering isn't real. One can be sympathetic and shocked - I certainly was - but it's not going to affect other people to any great extent is it? They shake their heads and say how awful it is, and they mean it, but tomorrow they'll go to work and forget about it until they next see the news.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 8:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Does anyone know what I mean? This collective suffering isn't real. One can be sympathetic and shocked - I certainly was - but it's not going to affect other people to any great extent is it? They shake their heads and say how awful it is, and they mean it, but tomorrow they'll go to work and forget about it until they next see the news.

Well I suggest you open your eyes and see for yourself how people have been feeling and not base this on yourself.

How much more evidence do you need, or is this all really about you and attention as per usual, now that you have angered me

Happy now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Does anyone know what I mean? This collective suffering isn't real. One can be sympathetic and shocked - I certainly was - but it's not going to affect other people to any great extent is it? They shake their heads and say how awful it is, and they mean it, but tomorrow they'll go to work and forget about it until they next see the news.

Well I suggest you open your eyes and see for yourself how people have been feeling and not base this on yourself.

How much more evidence do you need, or is this all really about you and attention as per usual, now that you have angered me

Happy now?

My eyes are open Didge, it's you who is a fake. You won't care about this in a few days' time - you'll be ranting on about something else.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 8:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Happy now?

My eyes are open Didge, it's you who is a fake. You won't care about this in a few days' time - you'll be ranting on about something else.

So being able to speak about other events days later, means I or others have not felt suffering at this attack?

Again its you making an absurd comparison, because you are out looking for a fight

You wrongly claimed people could not be suffering when they were.

I reasoned and proved you were wrong, so you instead moved the goal posts, based off nothing anyone had said.

You will never have a clue how people will feel off this and for how long. Just because people move on does not mean they still do not feel for this.

So the only fake is you, being a right madame for not liking when you were wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 8:58 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

No I meant they are sharing the heartbreak, obviously their depth of suffering cant be compared with the people who are involved personally.
I have personally never experienced anything like this in Manchester, everyone is talking about it and everyone seems to know someone involved or has some connection, the nearest thing I can think of  when a whole community/city/country seemed to be grieving was when Princess Diana died.

I know this may sound silly and I cannot stand Manchester United, but I hope they win tonight, as it might help lift the spirits of the people of Manchester. As you are right, this will have effected the whole city of Manchester after such an attack.

I mean - this has to be one of the most insensitive posts I've read for a long time.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I know this may sound silly and I cannot stand Manchester United, but I hope they win tonight, as it might help lift the spirits of the people of Manchester. As you are right, this will have effected the whole city of Manchester after such an attack.

I mean - this has to be one of the most insensitive posts I've read for a long time.  

Thank you for proving you are stirring and looking for a fight

So put it to the vote and see how many on here, stating there reasons why, they think the above is insensitive.

This will prove you are starting here for the mods to see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:01 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So put it to the vote and see how many on here, stating there reasons why, they think the above is insensitive.

I'm not bothered what anyone else thinks, I think it was insensitive and rather fake.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I'm not bothered what anyone else thinks, I think it was insensitive and rather fake.

Thank you for proving that you are starting.

Now I am quite calm again after Victors help here pointing me in the right direction

So you have well and truly failed in your childish antics

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:04 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Now I am quite calm again after Victors help here pointing me in the right direction

I didn't ask you to jump in - I was addressing Syl. If you want to show how fake you are, that's your problem.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I didn't ask you to jump in - I was addressing Syl. If you want to show how fake you are, that's your problem.

Ahhh, so that was it, you did not like me giving an opinion on a forum.

How dare I offer up reasons backing Syl's views.

So that is your reasoning to act childish and start it seems

Wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:07 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Wow

I don't care what you say - it's you who's getting all worked up and angry. I gave my opinion generally, and you went off your head about it and started talking as if this was your own personal tragedy - which it is not.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Wow

I don't care what you say - it's you who's getting all worked up and angry. I gave my opinion generally, and you went off your head about it and started talking as if this was your own personal tragedy - which it is not.

I knew you would end up exposing your true intent here

So thank you

You gave a poor claim, which did not reflect at all, how people were feeling and once again you did not like being wrong

That was the real issue here, as it always is with you.

Now as far as I am concerned we have both spoilt this debate

I apologize to the rest of the forum for my part in that

Back to the debate at hand

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 24, 2017 9:09 pm

I don't think Thor is being fake and I think Rags is entitled to her opinion.

You know if someone is talking to you about something that upsets them and they start to cry, I think people can act in two ways. They either listen unemotionally, like say a Dr would, or they fill up themselves because they feel a bit of the pain the other person is feeling.

I think there is room for both...and neither is wrong or right.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:10 pm

Syl wrote:I don't think Thor is being fake and I think Rags is entitled to her opinion.

You know if someone is talking to you about something that upsets them and they start to cry, I think people can act in two ways. They either listen unemotionally, like say a Dr would, or they fill up themselves because they feel a bit of the pain the other person is feeling.

She is entitled to her opinion, but I will speak out if she is deliberately starting.

Anyhow its done now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:12 pm

Syl wrote:I don't think Thor is being fake and I think Rags is entitled to her opinion.

But the point is that it's short-lived Syl, it doesn't really affect them for very long. And then in the same speech, politicians usually say that we must all carry on with our lives and not let it affect us. Well the people who lost close relatives or friends aren't going to carry on and not let it affect them are they? It's the way that they imply that everyone has been affected the same which gets on my nerves.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:12 pm

Thorin wrote:

She is entitled to her opinion, but I will speak out if she is deliberately starting.

Anyhow its done now.

You started on me actually.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed May 24, 2017 9:13 pm

oh give it a rest ...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 24, 2017 9:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

But the point is that it's short-lived Syl, it doesn't really affect them for very long. And then in the same speech, politicians usually say that we must all carry on with our lives and not let it affect us. Well the people who lost close relatives or friends aren't going to carry on and not let it affect them are they? It's the way that they imply that everyone has been affected the same which gets on my nerves.

It took a long time for people to get over IRA attacks, so I doubt people will forget this one in a hurry.....but obviously it will be short lived compared to people who have lost their kids or their parents, they will never be the same again.

I do think its a bit glib the way some people say it wont affect us because obviously it will, and the people who were caught up in this personally wont ever forget it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It took a long time for people to get over IRA attacks, so I doubt people will forget this one in a hurry.....but obviously it will be short lived compared to people who have lost their kids or their parents, they will never be the same again.

I do think its a bit glib the way some people say it wont affect us because obviously it will, and the people who were caught up in this personally wont ever forget it.

Well of course they won't. What about the two girls whose mothers were killed as they waited for their daughters? They're not going to get over that - survivor's guilt and all that kind of thing, as well as losing their mothers in a split second.

I think it's a bit glib to imply that it will affect other people just because they won't forget it. They might be a bit nervous of going out - I was nervous in London when the IRA were still around, but it didn't ruin my life or anything.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well of course they won't. What about the two girls whose mothers were killed as they waited for their daughters? They're not going to get over that - survivor's guilt and all that kind of thing, as well as losing their mothers in a split second.

I think it's a bit glib to imply that it will affect other people just because they won't forget it. They might be a bit nervous of going out - I was nervous in London when the IRA were still around, but it didn't ruin my life or anything.

How many thousands were at this event that night, as well as on the streets surrounding?

How many will know these people as family and friends?

Many of these people will be from Manchester

Can you see how this will have effected a large part of the city and will do for years to come?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:32 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

How many thousands were at this event that night, as well as on the streets surrounding?

Can you see how this will have effected a large part of the city and will do for years to come?

How many people live in Manchester?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Two and half million and I bet the vast majority will know someone who was there that night

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:35 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Two and half million and I bet the vast majority will know someone who was there that night

You reckon? Oh well - if they "know" someone who was there, they will be suffering just the same as those who actually had a close relative or friend who died. Rolling Eyes
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

You reckon? Oh well - if they "know" someone who was there, they will be suffering just the same as those who actually had a close relative or friend who died. Rolling Eyes

Well its quite simple maths.

On average for young girls, how many friends would they have? 

10? 20? or maybe far more

How many was at the concert?

20,000? 

Let alone all the people on the streets surrounding this at the time?

Let alone family

Do the maths

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Does it matter how long someone is "affected" for?

I see your point rags but only because I think I understand you, but people can be suffering and still have to carry on with life.
My mum got uo the day after my dad died and fed her dogs and walked them. She had to. Doesn't mean her suffering was less than that of someone who stayed in bed and cried.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:41 pm

eddie wrote:Does it matter how long someone is "affected" for?

I see your point rags but only because I think I understand you, but people can be suffering and still have to carry on with life.
My mum got uo the day after my dad died and fed her dogs and walked them. She had to. Doesn't mean her suffering was less than that of someone who stayed in bed and cried.

The people who weren't involved don't still have to carry on with life, they just do because it didn't affect them, and after a few cups of tea and something else to occupy their mind, they'll forget all about it. I think the circumstances are a bit different tbh.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

The people who weren't involved don't still have to carry on with life, they just do because it didn't affect them, and after a few cups of tea and something else to occupy their mind, they'll forget all about it. I think the circumstances are a bit different tbh.

Who says they will, when this clearly effected many people in Manchester?

You are second guessing here.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 24, 2017 9:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes they are, point taken.

I think you're referring to this whole "public outpouring of grief" which started with Princess Diana. It irritates you, in a way, yes?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's common sense Didge.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:44 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It's common sense Didge.

How is it common sense, when individuals react differently and how long they take and how they deal with such tragic events.

You are as I have said basing this on how you feel as the base point.

You are thus expecting all people to be like you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:46 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's common sense Didge.

How is it common sense, when individuals react differently and how long they take and how they deal with such tragic events.

No, I'm basing it what I see every day after an event like this. People are shocked, they tut, and they say how awful it is, and then they carry on with their shopping or whatever it is they're doing. I expect the shops, restaurants, and cafes will still be full of people in Manchester too.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

No, I'm basing it what I see every day after an event like this. People are shocked, they tut, and they say how awful it is, and then they carry on with their shopping or whatever it is they're doing. I expect the shops, restaurants, and cafes will still be full of people in Manchester too.

Really based on what exactly?

All i am seeing is your own opinion and nothing that is reflected in how actually people are feeling or yet to feel going forward.
So if people go out and carry on with this does that mean its still not effecting them?

Of course it is, as life does not stop, but that does not mean people will not continue to feel suffering over this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:50 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

All i am seeing is your own opinion and nothing that is reflected in how actually people are feeling or yet to feel going forward.
So if people go out and carry on with this does that mean its still not effecting them?

Of course it is, as life does not stop, but that does not mean people will not continue to feel suffering over this.

Of course it's not affecting them, and of course they won't continue to suffer - because they weren't involved.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 24, 2017 9:50 pm

My grandson works at the MEN when a big concert is on, he wasn't working that night thank God, but if he had been he would have been selling merchandise in the area the bomb went off.
That affects me even though he wasntt there, its not fake to feel dread at what might have been. I have just found out that someone I know (he organises events there) was working on Monday night, he was one of the first on the scene, and it upsets me to know he saw things no one should ever see.

I bet almost everyone who lives in greater Manchester will hear of someone who was hurt, or know someone who was there, and even if they don't, they will still feel pain for the people who were there.

I cant pretend anything I feel is comparable to the pain of loss others feel....but it still affects me.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Syl wrote:My grandson works at the MEN when a big concert is on, he wasn't working that night thank God, but if he had been he would have been selling merchandise in the area the bomb went off.
That affects me even though he wasntt there, its not fake to feel dread at what might have been. I have just found out that someone I know (he organises events there) was working on Monday night, he was one of the first on the scene, and it upsets me to know he saw things no one should ever see.

I bet almost everyone who lives in greater Manchester will hear of someone who was hurt, or know someone who was there, and even if they don't, they will still feel pain for the people who were there.

I cant pretend anything I feel is comparable to the pain of loss others feel....but it still affects me.

For how long?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Of course it's not affecting them, and of course they won't continue to suffer - because they weren't involved.

Well it clearly is by how people have been and taken to the streets.

Like I said, do the maths here on how many this will have effected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:52 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:My grandson works at the MEN when a big concert is on, he wasn't working that night thank God, but if he had been he would have been selling merchandise in the area the bomb went off.

For how long?

For as long as it takes

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 24, 2017 9:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

For how long?

I don't know.
I imagine every night he is called in to work for the foreseeable future.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:54 pm

Thorin wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It only just happened Didge - they won't be talking about it in a couple of weeks' time.

If being "affected" means that they might have met someone once or twice who might have been at the concert but wasn't hurt, I wouldn't call that being affected. If a friend of a friend of a friend who they never met was there, they're not affected.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:55 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

For how long?

I don't know.
I imagine every night he is called in to work for the foreseeable future.

For the next couple of weeks then?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 24, 2017 9:56 pm

Rags I'm not sure anymore what your point is? Everyone is affected by things differently. Suffering and grief have no timescale that I'm aware of.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 24, 2017 9:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It only just happened Didge - they won't be talking about it in a couple of weeks' time.

If being "affected" means that they might have met someone once or twice who might have been at the concert but wasn't hurt, I wouldn't call that being affected. If a friend of a friend of a friend who they never met was there, they're not affected.

You keep making claims you cannot back up, without knowing the vast majority of the people in Manchester.

I mean how small is this forum and I bet there is more than one on here that knows somebody at the event that night.

Again you are basing this on you and not knowing how others feel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed May 24, 2017 9:58 pm

eddie wrote:Rags I'm not sure anymore way your point is? Everyone is affected by things differently. Suffering and grief have no timescale that I'm aware of.

My point is that it annoys me when people say that "Manchester" is suffering, or the "people of Manchester" are suffering, or even that the "people of the UK" are suffering. They are not - the people who lost close relatives or friends are suffering. They might not even be from Manchester.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 24, 2017 9:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Rags I'm not sure anymore way your point is? Everyone is affected by things differently. Suffering and grief have no timescale that I'm aware of.

My point is that it annoys me when people say that "Manchester" is suffering, or the "people of Manchester" are suffering, or even that the "people of the UK" are suffering. They are not - the people who lost close relatives or friends are suffering. They might not even be from Manchester.

Is it the word "suffering", that you object to?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next