NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can we blunt prejudice against immigrants?

Go down

How can we blunt prejudice against immigrants? Empty How can we blunt prejudice against immigrants?

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 3:20 pm

As summer turned to fall in 2015, Ulrich Wagner was glued to the news, watching decades of his social psychology research play out on TV.

Images beamed from Munich, Germany, more than 300 kilometers from Wagner’s home north of Frankfurt, showed thousands of refugees flooding the city’s train station. Their arrival marked the hopeful end of a journey begun in war-torn Syria and other Middle Eastern hot spots. And Wagner was impressed to see the welcome extended by his fellow Germans. Outside the station, tankards of water with plastic cups lined the sidewalk. Volunteers sorted through boxes of cereal and diapers. One photo showed a German police officer crouched and smiling, eye-to-eye with a young refugee boy who wore the officer’s forest green hat and a broad grin. The scale of the migrant influx into Munich and elsewhere in Germany was hard to fathom: one million people entering a country of 80 million. It was a test for Germany as a nation. “If we do this well,” Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel was quoted as saying, “we can only win.”

The influx also has morphed into a giant, ill-controlled social experiment. How much social support should the government provide? How can it find long-term housing for everyone who needs it? Will newcomers embrace the social norms of their adopted country, and what happens if they don’t? These are among the most pressing questions, but in the background hovers another: How can individuals, civic groups, and governments manage prejudice against refugees?

Continue reading by clicking the name of the source below.

SOURCE SCIENCE MAGAZINE

Back to top Go down

How can we blunt prejudice against immigrants? Empty Re: How can we blunt prejudice against immigrants?

Post by Andy Thu May 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Unsubscribe from the flop forum?
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

How can we blunt prejudice against immigrants? Empty Re: How can we blunt prejudice against immigrants?

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Unsubscribe from the flop forum?

Do you have to attempt to drag down every thread?

This is actually an interesting article, did you actually read it?

Don't you have any comments on the actual article?

Or the program in Canada with Syrian refugees?

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu May 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Thor. If I had time to read every tiresome trread you post I would get old before my time. 
Not everyone can be bothered to read thousands of words cut and pasted from elsewhere .
Why not post something original like "Is May correct to unlock the freeze on income tax, VAT and NI in the manifesto".
Or why has Sky News and Murdoch turned against the Conservatives?
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 18, 2017 8:03 pm

Angry Andy wrote:Thor. If I had time to read every tiresome tbread you post I would get old before my time. 
Not everyone can be bothered to read thousands od words cut and pasted from elsewhere .
Why not post something original like "Is May correct to unlock the freeze on income tax, VAT and NI in the manifesto".
Or why has Sky News and Murdoch tirned against the Conservatives?

That is fine if you have no interest to read the topic, of which if you had, would have been inciteful for you and shows ways to tackle prejudice and discrimination towards immigrants. Something I thought you would have appreciated.

Does that mean you can then jump on this thread and make it personal about another forum, trying to fuel a fight and derail this thread.

So if you have no interest to read, then why post at all? It just proves you are acting poorly here with no intent to engage the topic. There is plenty of topics on the current politics in this country.

How would you feel if everyone did the same to threads you started?

You would have chaos on all threads.

Is that what you really want?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down