NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ed Miliband: Our battle for equality can’t stop at same-sex marriage while prejudice still remains

2 posters

Go down

Ed Miliband: Our battle for equality can’t stop at same-sex marriage while prejudice still remains Empty Ed Miliband: Our battle for equality can’t stop at same-sex marriage while prejudice still remains

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Ed Miliband: Our battle for equality can’t stop at same-sex marriage while prejudice still remains Edmilibandnew

Labour leader Ed Miliband writes for PinkNews to congratulate same-sex couples marrying in England and Wales, saying the battle for equality still is not yet won.

I want to send my congratulations and best wishes to all those who will be getting married over the next few weeks and months.

When I first pledged my support for equal marriage – in an article for PinkNews during the Labour Party leadership campaign in 2010 – few people would have thought that by 2014 the legislation would have passed through Parliament and lesbian and gay couples across the country would be preparing to get married. This shows how far we have come as a country in recent years.

But whatever victories we have enjoyed, the battle for equality still isn’t won. We might be getting closer to formal equality in Britain, but we need always to aim higher. We need to aim for real equality.

That’s why the campaign can’t stop while kids are still subject to homophobic bullying at school; while people are discriminated against at work because of their sexuality; and while there is still prejudice in our culture against gay and lesbian couples.

We should also redouble our resolve to campaign for LGBT rights internationally. It is deeply concerning that while we have seen major advances in equal rights in the UK, many parts of the world have moved in the opposite direction. That’s why a Labour government will appoint an international envoy to tackle discrimination against gay people across the world.

I look forward to working with PinkNews in the future to carry on our campaign for equality.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2014/03/29/ed-miliband-our-battle-for-equality-cant-stop-at-same-sex-marriage-while-prejudice-still-remains/

cheers cheers cheers 

Vote Labour.

Back to top Go down

Ed Miliband: Our battle for equality can’t stop at same-sex marriage while prejudice still remains Empty Re: Ed Miliband: Our battle for equality can’t stop at same-sex marriage while prejudice still remains

Post by eddie Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:14 pm

It is good news.
Can't help but think he's trying to win votes though as he's slimy.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Ed Miliband: Our battle for equality can’t stop at same-sex marriage while prejudice still remains Empty Re: Ed Miliband: Our battle for equality can’t stop at same-sex marriage while prejudice still remains

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:17 pm

eddie wrote:It is good news.

The Labour party introduced the vast majority of the freedoms that we enjoy today.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Catman wrote:
eddie wrote:It is good news.

The Labour party introduced the vast majority of the freedoms that we enjoy today.

Ed Milliband is still slimy though.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:22 pm

eddie wrote:
Catman wrote:

About as slimy as DC to be fair; and a million times less slimy than Farage- I wouldn't like to be mopping up the slimy floors at Westminster that's for sure  Laughing 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:23 pm

eddie wrote:
Catman wrote:

Vote on the policies that a party is offering, rather than what you think about the leader of a party.  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:28 pm

Catman wrote:
eddie wrote:

Vote on the policies that a party is offering, rather than what you think about the leader of a party.  Cool 

Hmmmm, isn't the leader, representative of what a party stands for?

I'm not keen on Cameron tbf, I sort of did like Clegg at one point. I kind of trusted him...
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:32 pm

eddie wrote:
Catman wrote:

Hmmmm, isn't the leader, representative of what a party stands for?

I'm not keen on Cameron tbf, I sort of did like Clegg at one point. I kind of trusted him...

Yes, but the policies are more important, he'll put forward a manifesto and it would have been the same, who ever was in charge imo.

Clegg is a lost cause imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:41 pm

the militant homosexual who is proud of his militancy wants equality???

must be the first militant in history history fighting for equal rights

normally militants fight for what THEY want and they are normally killing everyone else to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:44 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:the militant homosexual who is proud of his militancy wants equality???

normally militants fight for what THEY want and they are normally killing everyone else to get it

'Militant Homosexual' is a piss take, because it's what far right wankers like you choose to call gay people, who have ever fought for equality etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:45 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:the militant homosexual who is proud of his militancy wants equality???

Militant homosexuals don't kill people; you are getting mixed up with religious militants.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:10 pm

Catman wrote:

'Militant Homosexual' is a piss take, because it's what far right wankers like you choose to call gay people, who have ever fought for equality etc.

you're proud to be taking the piss out of yourself?? :\\:[: :\\:[: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Eilzel wrote:

Militant homosexuals don't kill people; you are getting mixed up with religious militants.

not yet

but tell me elizel, if the time came where militant homosexuals did start killing people, would you fight for them or against them???

oh wait never mind, i know how you don't like answering "scenarios" so im probably wasting my time

sorry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:13 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Catman wrote:

No it's taking the piss out of people like you, and reclaiming words etc!  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:15 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

not yet

but tell me elizel, if the time came where militant homosexuals did start killing people, would you fight for them or against them???

oh wait never mind, i know how you don't like answering "scenarios" so im probably wasting my time  

sorry

I answered your scenario last time- it just didn't compute with you obviously. Short circuits and all that  Laughing 
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:19 pm

Catman wrote:
smelly_bandit wrote:

so looking at your avatar.

which of those mongs is you??

are you the one in the red??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:32 pm

smelly_bandit wrote:
Catman wrote:

so looking at your avatar.

which of those mongs is you??

are you the one in the red??

I'm quite fond of the colour black, might give you a clue!  Razz 

Back to top Go down