NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

+8
Miffs2
nicko
veya_victaous
HoratioTarr
eddie
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
Syl
12 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 Empty Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Syl Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lots of people who look after their property are troubled by neighbours kids who have no respect for anything it seems.
Is there anything more annoying than other peoples kids or pets damaging your garden when you have spent time and money making it look nice?
No doubt some will say she is a miserable old bugger....I say good for her, and if the mother of the boys cant control them and teach them some manners, the woman should ring the police and accuse her of failing to stop her brats doing criminal damage.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/gran-given-police-warning-keeping-10224009

"A gran says she was visited by police after keeping footballs kicked into her garden by her neighbour's kids.
Penny Freeman, who spent thousands of pounds on her garden, was stunned when cops arrived at her Bridlington home.
The 73-year-old says two officers warned her she could be accused of theft if she failed to return the balls from next door.
However, she claims the children hadn't come over to ask for their balls back, nor had they apologised, the Hull Daily Mail reports.
“It seems you don't need to ask for your balls back, you just call the police," she said. "Everyone I have told this to says, 'you are kidding'."

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:35 pm

The trouble is that people have different ideas about what their garden is for. Some treat it like a playground, and others treat it as a place to relax, grow beautiful plants, and have a bit of peace and quiet. People need to compromise a bit more and understand that not everyone wants to hear kids playing football all the time, and have balls kicked over their fence every five minutes.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 Empty Re: Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs?

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The trouble is that people have different ideas about what their garden is for. Some treat it like a playground, and others treat it as a place to relax, grow beautiful plants, and have a bit of peace and quiet. People need to compromise a bit more and understand that not everyone wants to hear kids playing football all the time, and have balls kicked over their fence every five minutes.

You raise a good point. The football issue may be just a symptom. She may be well irritated that the kids live and play next door, when she wants a peaceful, quiet neighborhood.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The trouble is that people have different ideas about what their garden is for. Some treat it like a playground, and others treat it as a place to relax, grow beautiful plants, and have a bit of peace and quiet. People need to compromise a bit more and understand that not everyone wants to hear kids playing football all the time, and have balls kicked over their fence every five minutes.

You raise a good point.  The football issue may be just a symptom.  She may be well irritated that the kids live and play next door, when she wants a peaceful, quiet neighborhood.

It's quite an issue in the UK where people do live close to each other. Noise problems are a common cause of complaints to councils.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:47 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yeah that's true. He'd probably put her down like an old dog. Shocked

Everybody gets old eventually.  People seem to forget that.

Exactly, he isn't through his life yet, who knows what old age will bring him, or his parents or other elderly relatives
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Syl wrote:I think its pretty clear that some posters would make good neighbours.. grin angel
and some would not...
Evil or Very Mad

And it is about respect as mentioned, I always think if you start off respecting someone in most cases they return that.....if they don't, rather than making their lives a misery just keep out of their way.

I'm a perfect neighbour!

I'm out most of the day, every day... and when I'm in, I'm quiet...!

I'm always friendly and polite and respectful towards all of my neighbours whenever I see them... always make the time to have a chat with any of them if they appear to want to chat a bit... plus I also offer help/assistance to them if anything comes up in conversation that I am able to help/assist with...

I've been living at my current address for about a year and half now... have got to know a fair few of my immediate neighbours... am on very pleasant terms with them all... as well as on friendly terms with their cats and the one dog...!

One neighbour is an older woman about 70ish, and I spent a couple hours round there checking her telephone connections and talking to BT for her, trying to sort out an issue where her phone would only ring sometimes when called and where she couldn't hear anyone when she picked it up... we got it sorted out in the end, and then ater this, she came out one evening when she heard my pull up in car, to give me a bag of beers and a 'thank you' card!!!

Also... the other day I was talking with one of my old neighbours from where I used to live... and she was saying that it's not the same there any more now I've gone, how it was better when i was there, and how I am missed!!!

So I can't be that bad... eh!?

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:27 pm

Okay Tommy. You're a great neighbour sorry I made an awful joke about you Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:13 am

nicko wrote:Veya, do you have any Parents, or were you just hatched?

How do you treat your Parents now,   have you just stuck 'em in a home and forgot about them?

Or did they treat you badly?  No love shown to you when young by the sound of it !

What a hateful young man you are !!

What is hateful about being realistic ???
and no my parents still live in the family home and they have treated me well and I love them.

but neither of them are geranium like this old women that whines about having kids next door.
and they do have a young family next door. they are more likely to buy the a Ball than steal one of theirs that went of the fence.

Although My Dad in his old age is ruining the world, Like you the old bugger votes for racists and environmental vandals
Even his little brother (my Uncle) pointed out he has become everything he would rally against.
he idealizes Frank Zappa yet Supports everything Zappa fought against.

There needs to be a maximum voting age Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
I accept the fact that like you old buggers on here one day my Brain will have decayed as badly and I will be obsolete too. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Although I can not see myself ever being a selfish and miserable as rags, I'd send myself to the eternal dreaming rather being that terribly unreasonable irritable and self-centeredly cruel to others

Last edited by veya_victaous on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:19 am

Ironically I spent Easter with my living neighbor 'cleaning up' (land care) for our 'very quiet' neighbors Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 15554

But if the old bugger want Quiet she should MOVE TO A HOME or retirement community, rather than bothering people just trying to live and raise their family.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:35 am

Miffs2 wrote:Recently we supported a lady in similar circumstances, kids kept kicking the ball into her garden. She has cerebral palsy and couldn't bend to pick them up. She is too scared to answer her door so when they got nothing banging on the door they started banging on the Windows and looking through the windows tormenting her. She was so scared she called the police and police (well plastic police) went to speak to the family, while he was there the man was still threatening to go and sort out the old woman.
Was he arrested? Was he shit. Now she is too scared to be down stairs in her own house, too scared to have the lights or the tele on.
That lady has lived in that house for over 50 years. She shouldn't be in a home only an ignorant boy with no life skills or experience would suggest it.
If I could I would have made that man eat those footballs.

Of course she should be in a home she cant look after her self that is what Old folks homes are for..

she a single old women is selfishly living a family home by herself, undoubtedly she cant maintain it so it will derelict when she is found dead if any one ever checks on her since she wont answer the door!!! Checking through her windows to see if there is life in there is "tormenting her"? that's Just fucked in the head Suspect Suspect
Plus just More recourses burnt for the self centeredness of baby boomers Suspect Suspect Suspect

that is the Textbook example of WHY old folks homes exist and WHO should be living in them Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

She is obviously suffering from Dementia as well, It is Cruel and socially perverse to leave her, Would you leave a young Child alone? she is equally as capable of looking after her self as a young child it is As socially irresponsible to leave her alone as it would be a young child.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:36 am

veya_victaous wrote:

How do you treat your Parents now,   have you just stuck 'em in a home and forgot about them?

Or did they treat you badly?  No love shown to you when young by the sound of it !

and no my parents still live in the family home and they have treated me well and I love them.

but neither of them are geranium like this old women that whines about having kids next door.
and they do have a young family next door. they are more likely to buy the a Ball than steal one of theirs that went of the fence.

Although My Dad in his old age is ruining the world, Like you the old bugger votes for racists and environmental vandals
Even his little brother (my Uncle) pointed out he has become everything he would rally against.

I accept the fact that like you old buggers on here one day my Brain will have decayed as badly and I will  be obsolete too.  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue

Although I can not see myself ever being a selfish and miserable as rags, I'd send myself to the eternal dreaming rather being that terribly unreasonable irritable and self-centeredly cruel to others

You're the selfish, nasty one. You want anyone over a certain age to kow-tow to younger people, and you want young people to make as much noise as possible and be a nuisance to anyone around them who you consider not worthy of being alive - ie, anyone over a certain age.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:46 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:Recently we supported a lady in similar circumstances, kids kept kicking the ball into her garden. She has cerebral palsy and couldn't bend to pick them up. She is too scared to answer her door so when they got nothing banging on the door they started banging on the Windows and looking through the windows tormenting her. She was so scared she called the police and police (well plastic police) went to speak to the family, while he was there the man was still threatening to go and sort out the old woman.
Was he arrested? Was he shit. Now she is too scared to be down stairs in her own house, too scared to have the lights or the tele on.
That lady has lived in that house for over 50 years. She shouldn't be in a home only an ignorant boy with no life skills or experience would suggest it.

Of course she should be in a home she cant look after her self that is what Old folks homes are for..

she a single old women is selfishly living a family home by herself, undoubtedly she cant maintain it so it will derelict when she is found dead if any one ever checks on her since she wont answer the door!!! Checking through her windows to see if there is life in there is "tormenting her"? that's Just fucked in the head  Suspect  Suspect
Plus just More recourses burnt for the self centeredness of baby boomers  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

that is the Textbook example of WHY old folks homes exist and WHO should be living in them  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

She is obviously suffering from Dementia as well, It is Cruel and socially perverse to leave her, Would you leave a young Child alone? she is equally as capable of looking after her self as a young child it is As socially irresponsible to leave her alone as it would be a young child.

Do you actually know what a baby boomer is? It's people born between 1946 and 1964, so it includes people in their early to mid 50s - which isn't old, except in your head.

Your posts have been so unpleasant in this thread that no one can be in any doubt what kind of person you really are.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:56 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

she a single old women is selfishly living a family home by herself, undoubtedly she cant maintain it so it will derelict when she is found dead if any one ever checks on her since she wont answer the door!!! Checking through her windows to see if there is life in there is "tormenting her"? that's Just fucked in the head  Suspect  Suspect
Plus just More recourses burnt for the self centeredness of baby boomers  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect

that is the Textbook example of WHY old folks homes exist and WHO should be living in them  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Do you actually know what a baby boomer is? It's people born between 1946 and 1964, so it includes people in their early to mid 50s - which isn't old, except in your head.

Your posts have been so unpleasant in this thread that no one can be in any doubt what kind of person you really are.

Unpleasant but true Cool Cool Cool
we have too many old people that have and continue to use too many resources and vote to prevent initiating policies that would attempt to fix the damage they have done, in the case of the UK doomed it to economic obscurity because they "don't like these poles coming here" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

and she is 2 years out but is not a war generation since she was not old enough to be involved in the war

and look at all the document examples of HOW boomers have ruined everything with their selfishness
https://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2016/march/1456750800/richard-cooke/boomer-supremacy
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/how-baby-boomers-became-the-most-selfish-generation-2016-11?r=US&IR=T
https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2017/02/26/how-baby-boomers-destroyed-everything/lVB9eG5mATw3wxo6XmDZFL/story.html

Face it, a generation that does NOT deserve respect. tongue tongue tongue tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:59 am

So not only do you hate white English people, you also hate baby boomers. That explains why you're so hateful to some people on this forum. Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

I accept the fact that like you old buggers on here one day my Brain will have decayed as badly and I will  be obsolete too.  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue  tongue

You're the selfish, nasty one. You want anyone over a certain age to kow-tow to younger people, and you want young people to make as much noise as possible and be a nuisance to anyone around them who you consider not worthy of being alive - ie, anyone over a certain age.

Move into a home you old bugger tongue tongue tongue tongue
YES in every previous generation the elderly did retire from Public life in order to allow the future generations to thrive, But You old buggers today want to control everything still, When you where young everything was for families and "kicking balls" now your old you want everything to quiet and for old people to laze about in.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:03 am

Oh, and two of those links don't even work.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:05 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Move into a home you old bugger tongue tongue tongue tongue
YES in every previous generation the elderly did retire from Public life in  order to allow the future generations to thrive, But You old buggers today want to control everything still, When you where young everything was for families and "kicking balls" now your old you want everything to quiet and for old people to laze about in.

I'm not old enough to retire or move into a home. Perhaps you could write to the British Government and tell them to lower the age of retirement by ten years or so because you don't approve of anyone over the age of 53 actually having a job.

In the UK, even people with children complain about noisy neighbours, so your argument is illogical.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:07 am

Raggamuffin wrote:So not only do you hate white English people, you also hate baby boomers. That explains why you're so hateful to some people on this forum. Cool

No it is only in your badly decayed brain which probably always had hill shepherd tendencies that you 'need to hate', that you cannot accept the facts that what you want is not in societies best interests. Anything that shine a mirror on your selfishness and many failing must be hated... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I don't hate old people or the English, Just the bullshit they try and pretend is true and the way they try and sugar coat their faults, expecting people to accept them despite the determent they bring, while being completely intolerant of others.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:08 am

Maybe being English also makes Your brain decay faster? scratch scratch
that would explain a lot Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 3489511464
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:09 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:So not only do you hate white English people, you also hate baby boomers. That explains why you're so hateful to some people on this forum. Cool

No it is only in your badly decayed brain which probably always had hill shepherd tendencies that you 'need to hate', that you cannot accept the facts that what you want is not in societies best interests. Anything that shine a mirror on your selfishness and many failing must be hated...  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I don't hate old people or the English, Just the bullshit they try and pretend is true and the way they try and sugar coat their faults, expecting people to accept them despite the determent they bring, while being completely intolerant of others.

You do hate them - all your posts indicate that. I think it's your brain which has gone wrong. You want tolerance? Try being tolerant yourself. That's the trouble with people like you - you preach at others and then display the faults that you're preaching against.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:13 am

I think VEYA is just a geranium who likes to be nasty, and just likes to wind posters up. He doesn't really believe what he says---------does he?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:14 am

veya_victaous wrote:Maybe being English also makes Your brain decay faster? scratch scratch
that would explain a lot Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 3489511464

What does being Australian make someone then? You want people over the age of 53 to give up their jobs even though they can't get a pension, and you want people with disabilities to be shoved in a home against their wishes. It doesn't sound like a nice attitude - is it because you're Australian?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:18 am

It's also a bit of an over-reaction on your part Veya. A lady who happens to be 73 doesn't throw back some balls which have been kicked into her garden, and suddenly all "old" people are ruining the world.Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:27 am

nicko wrote:I think VEYA is just a geranium who likes to be nasty,  and just likes to wind posters up. He doesn't really believe what he says---------does he?

Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 R7Yxu1q

I am getting bored of this topic now Twisted Evil
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:39 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Maybe being English also makes Your brain decay faster? scratch scratch

What does being Australian make someone then? You want people over the age of 53 to give up their jobs even though they can't get a pension, and you want people with disabilities to be shoved in a home against their wishes. It doesn't sound like a nice attitude - is it because you're Australian?

TO be Fair I presumed you were WAY older than 53 Cool Cool Cool Cool
You're even more of a misery guts than Nicko tongue tongue tongue tongue

And you seems to Want to Abandon members of society that cannot look after themselves to an easily preventable death, Do you think Orphaned Children you should just be given the keys to the family home and left alone and ignored?
Why Are Brits So scared of Old folks homes? is it because you have selfishness underfunded them while your generation didn't need them?
too Bad you don't have access to cheap Polish Labor for nursing Staff Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:01 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Have you and your parents discussed what happens to them as they age? Have you talked about what would happen if you were involved in a life changing accident? What if you were unable to look after yourself? Would they put you in a home? Or would they have you euthanised as you would be a burden and no use to society?
Stupid child
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:13 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

TO be Fair I presumed you were WAY older than 53 Cool Cool Cool Cool
You're even more of a misery guts than Nicko tongue tongue tongue tongue  

And you seems to Want to Abandon members of society that cannot look after themselves to an easily preventable death, Do you think Orphaned Children you should just be given the keys to the family home and left alone and ignored?
Why Are Brits So scared of Old folks homes? is it because you have selfishness underfunded them while your generation didn't need them?
too Bad you don't have access to  cheap Polish Labor for nursing Staff Razz Razz Razz Razz

I didn't say I was 53. Baby boomers are between 53 and 71, and you want to force them out of their jobs and/or put them in homes, especially if they're disabled. Do you think that disabled people shouldn't be seen in public or be allowed to live in a house? Cool
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:45 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

But if the old bugger want Quiet she should MOVE TO A HOME or retirement community, rather than bothering people just trying to live and raise their family.

She wasn't bothering them, they were bothering her ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:49 pm

Veya why should the lady go into a home? What a nasty thing to say, just because she moans about the balls. Her neighbours should be more considerate towards her or move, not her!
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:25 pm

I look at Veya's posts and smile, and then I realise what a geranium he is and laugh.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Getting back to the point, two wrongs don't make a right. The kids are committing nuisance, intruding on her property. But the old lady is committing larceny, keeping their property.

Both are crimes. Not a good solution.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Getting back to the point, two wrongs don't make a right.  The kids are committing nuisance, intruding on her property.  But the old lady is committing larceny, keeping their property.

Both are crimes.  Not a good solution.

She said they didn't ask for the balls back. Fancy calling the police over a few footballs. That family sounds awful. Why have the goal backing on to her garden in the first place?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Getting back to the point, two wrongs don't make a right.  The kids are committing nuisance, intruding on her property.  But the old lady is committing larceny, keeping their property.

Both are crimes.  Not a good solution.

She said they didn't ask for the balls back. Fancy calling the police over a few footballs. That family sounds awful. Why have the goal backing on to her garden in the first place?

Right. Fancy this whole thing. Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 2190311264 Much ado about nothing, if you ask me.

But if we're going to concern ourselves, both are wrong. Kids for the nuisance, old lady for the stealing.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Right.  Fancy this whole thing.  Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 2190311264  Much ado about nothing, if you ask me.

But if we're going to concern ourselves, both are wrong.  Kids for the nuisance, old lady for the stealing.

She didn't steal them, they were kicked over the fence into her garden.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Right.  Fancy this whole thing.  Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 2190311264  Much ado about nothing, if you ask me.

But if we're going to concern ourselves, both are wrong.  Kids for the nuisance, old lady for the stealing.

She withheld them, then.  If I rob $100,000 from a bank, can I defend by pleading, the bank didn't ask for it back?

She knew she had them, she knew who they belonged to, and she made no effort to return them,   That's larceny.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

She withheld them, then.  If I rob $100,000 from a bank, can I defend by pleading, the bank didn't ask for it back?

She knew she had them, she knew who they belonged to, and she made no effort to return them,   That's larceny.

It was up to them to ask for them back, or preferably not kick them over the fence in the first place. She should have complained to the council about the nuisance they were causing.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:07 pm

I live at the end of a terrace and sometimes footballs come over the side fence in my back garden. The boys knock on the door and I chuck them back their ball.
It doesn't bother me.
However, if it's the third or fourth time they knock I will say nicely, "Last time tonight boys! If it goes over again it waits till morning okay?"

It's always worked for me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

What you're saying is robbing from a bank. She's not robbed anyone. She didn't nip over the fence and steal them, they landed in her garden.  Anyway possession is 2.10th's of the law, I think that's right lol.

Getting police in is extreme. I would take out a complaint against them if I was the lady. Razz
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:06 pm

magica wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What you're saying is robbing from a bank. She's not robbed anyone. She didn't nip over the fence and steal them, they landed in her garden.  Anyway possession is 2.10th's of the law, I think that's right lol.

Getting police in is extreme. I would take out a complaint against them if I was the lady. Razz

No doubt she should, if only to protect herself. At least she would make a record as to why she has all these footballs in her possession.

You are right that it takes an affirmative, or overt act to commit a crime. But she is withholding the balls when she knows they are not hers. That's the overt act that could get her into trouble.

Perfect solution: turn them over to the cops, as she registers her complaint.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:26 am

Miffs2 wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Have you and your parents discussed what happens to them as they age? Have you talked about what would happen if you were involved in a life changing accident? What if you were unable to look after yourself? Would they put you in a home? Or would they have you euthanised as you would be a burden and no use to society?
Stupid child

I would choose to be euthanized(if it where legal) if I were too great burden  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

My mother has said she would prefer that Euthanized too if she got dementia like her mother
Although she plans to move to a 'retirement village' when my father dies (chain smoker so he'll probably go first)
I have offered to build her a granny flat But many old folks homes in Australia are quite nice there is one on the south coast of NSW she has looked at. She can't convince my father to move though.

It is you that is a silly selfish being that has not considered what you'd do?
so What would you do if you where nothing more than a burden?
Surely you are 'so mature' you have it planned?

Is this people's real issue? their family are simply not mature enough to have discussed this?  Suspect Suspect Suspect

Last edited by veya_victaous on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:43 am

magica wrote:Veya why should the lady go into a home? What a nasty thing to say, just because she moans about the balls. Her neighbours should be more considerate towards her or move, not her!

No she should move, She has the problem with noise associated with Families she should relocate to around other old people she has had here time and it is time to move on and allow the next generation instead of selfishly tying a family housing, AND She has the issue that caused her to be visited by the police. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
She is being anti social and therefore should move with other old folks into a home..

I Will ask again WHY do all the ENGLISH has such negative connotations of living in a old folks Home what terrible thing have you made them?

This is some of the ones my mum likes
https://www.villages.com.au/nsw/worrowing-heights/coastal-waters-retirement-resort-4433
https://www.villages.com.au/nsw/berry/the-grange-berry-1100
https://www.seniorshousingonline.com.au/property/sale/12916/light-filled-spacious-serviced-apartment-mt-eymard-retirement-community-bowral-nsw
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:58 am

Why should she move into a home because she has problems with neighbours kicking balls into her garden, makes no sense.

You seem very anti towards elderly people. So in your mind, you get old so should move out your home into care homes, or better still die, then problem solved. I don't get your take on this at all.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:09 am

magica wrote:Why should she move into a home because she has problems with neighbours kicking balls into her garden, makes no sense.

You seem very anti towards elderly people.  So in your mind, you get old so should move out your home into care homes, or better still die, then problem solved. I don't get your take on this at all.

Yep, I'd move to retirement village, it's the only sensible thing to do if you are no longer working and by yourself. If I where too sick I'd choose to be euthanized (let alone such things may be compulsory in 40 years due to lack of recourses left)

Children Kicking balls over a Fence IS NOT SOMETHING that you should have a problem with, if you're not selfish and anti social. It is part of life, she has lived the noisy part of her life and now want peace nd quiet, so she should move away from the noisy parts of the community into a nice quiet retirement home. Again it's only sensible Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

There is a good saying/joke:
Why are there so many more women in retirement homes??? Cause most men a smart enough to die Razz Razz Razz

I Will ask again WHY do all the ENGLISH has such negative connotations of living in a old folks Home what terrible thing have you made them? ( I am going to keep it up until someone explains why you all fear them Cool Cool )

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:23 am

magica wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Idea

The crime committed there. through keeping those footballs, is called "theft through finding" if she doesn't make any effort to find the owners..

If she's confiscating 'balls when she knows who they belong to, she is compounding her problems..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:31 am

Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 Garden-village-port-macquarie-port-macquarie-2444-promo

Some Beautiful Retirement villages Near wolf too.  Cool  Cool

https://www.australianunity.com.au/retirement-communities/the-governors

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:40 am

Why do some people assume that it's older people who want peace and quiet, and don't want footballs lobbed over their fence all the time? Many young people want peace and quiet in their own home and garden, and I don't know anyone who would like balls coming over the fence all the time. It's not particularly relevant that the lady is 73.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:46 am

Raggamuffin wrote:Why do some people assume that it's older people who want peace and quiet, and don't want footballs lobbed over their fence all the time? Many young people want peace and quiet in their own home and garden, and I don't know anyone who would like balls coming over the fence all the time. It's not particularly relevant that the lady is 73.

Meh, Seems a very lame thing to get upset about, just chuck them back over the fence Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
the only Aussies I can think would be upset are real misery guts, neighbor always threw our balls back over, my family has always thrown the kids next doors balls back.

Are you suggesting the problem is English people? Cool Cool Cool
stealing balls, making fearful retirement homes what is wrong with England Razz Razz Razz Razz

there is even the universal rule in backyard cricket over the fence is 6 nd out and you have to go get it

Six and Out - If you hit it over the fence you're out and you have to get the ball.[4] The 6 runs are usually not awarded to the batsman unless agreed to by both teams. This rule is especially popular in small backyards (where the rule may be applied to any ball that lands over the fence - not just 6's), and encourages the batsman to exercise control and restraint by aiming for 4's instead of 6's. Six-and-out is also often extended to include nearby fragile objects such as windows and cars which are declared out-of-bounds; if a ball hits an out-of-bounds object on the full it is deemed six-and-out, even if no damage is evident.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backyard_cricket

Last edited by veya_victaous on Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:48 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Why do some people assume that it's older people who want peace and quiet, and don't want footballs lobbed over their fence all the time? Many young people want peace and quiet in their own home and garden, and I don't know anyone who would like balls coming over the fence all the time. It's not particularly relevant that the lady is 73.

Meh, Seems a very lame thing to get upset about, just chuck them back over the fence Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
the only Aussies I can think would be upset are real misery guts, neighbor always threw our balls back over, my family has always thrown the kids next doors balls back.

Are you suggesting the problem is English people? Cool Cool Cool
stealing balls, making fearful retirement homes what is wrong with England Razz Razz Razz Razz

You're the one getting upset and insisting that old people shouldn't be allowed to live in their own homes because other people want to make a nuisance of themselves with impunity. You're even equating not giving back a ball to ruining the world!

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:49 am

yep, cause it is symptom of the selfishness that has ruined the world Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 202592697 Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 202592697

and what are you talking about I am laughing my ass off and you Whingers Twisted Evil Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:53 am

veya_victaous wrote:yep, cause it is symptom of the selfishness that has ruined the world Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 202592697 Nuisance neighbours...is this woman right to keep kids footballs? - Page 2 202592697

and what are you talking about I am  laughing my ass off and you Whingers Twisted Evil Razz Razz Razz Razz

No you're not - you're working up to a rant about English people again. Cool Perhaps you'll even suggest "cleansing" the UK of them - after all, you've spoken about ethnic cleansing of white English people before.

It's noise pollution which is having a terrible effect on the world IMO. They need to invent ear plugs which only block out selected noises.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:51 am

Veya...in which case I take it that you agree with me when i say all those cretins bred in cities should have no cause to complain about noise when they move to the rural environment (which they should not be allowed to do in fact since they are neither qualified nor suited to it.

you know the sort...move into a village then complain to the local authority about the cockerels crowing at first light, the farmers working at 4:30, 5 ish to milk the herd etc.

Oh and you are both a liar and fdisingenious (unless of course you were dragged up rather than brought up)...

WE (my generation), were taught to be respectful of the old ones, to repect their privacy and give em some peace and quiet. If that ment NOT playing football in a particular place then so be it....and sundays was a day of QUIET.....ok you could play, but EITHER quietly OR you went off into the fields away from houses (tough shit city dwellers but then YOU dont deserve it)

Its NOT my fault you are a spoilt brat that doesnt know the meaning of WORK...(as opposed to sitting for 8 hrs on your fat butt poking keys on a keyboard....AND NO your job isnt "special" any monkey can code...in any language (computer) given time to adjust to it...

I started with Z80 basic and instruction code (in hex pale ) and now use the varient of c++ that arduinos use....(not a VAST amount of difference between that and basic Razz Razz Razz )

and have variously used forth fortran cobol etc....
I've likely forgotten more that you will ever know

and

I can do sparky work, chippie work, brickie work, high frade carpentry

I can also do micro electronics design and assembly, trained as a microbiologist

and not only can I use all these "modern devices" sat nav etc...I can ALSO do it the "old way, with map and compass....a feat beyond tyhe younger generations

oh and finally I can actually calculate in my head.....you know things like centigrade to farenheit, estimate closely the height of a tree (and thus where it will fall)

cos I know my number tables by heart, along with sin cos and tan and logs in a handy book...

I dont NEED (liike you NEED oxygen) a calculator to do simple maths in my head

lets face it veya...if there was ever to be a severe solar flare that killed electronic devices...you would be feckin helpless...redundant...in fact pointless

do try growing up from that spoilt brat, who wants everything in life handing to him on a plate.

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next