NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs Empty ‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:13 pm

A Florida woman was facing multiple charges after she was recorded on video shouting racial slurs and chasing black children with a baseball bat — but her husband said that she did nothing wrong. According to The Orlando Sentinel, a 16-year-old resident of Lake County told deputies that that 29-year-old Lisa Marie Elberson chased him down a street in their neighborhood with a baseball bat and spat on him and his friends during an argument on Sunday.

A report filed by the Lake County deputies said that the incident began with a dispute between Elberson’s husband and one of the teens, which later escalated when Elberson picked up a black Louisville Slugger and began chasing the kids. Video recorded by one of the teens showed Elberson shouting racial and homophobic slurs. “I’ll hang your family from my tree,” she said at one point.
Elberson’s husband told WFTV that his wife used the n-word but he insisted that she never did anything wrong.
The husband said that his wife had taken the bat from his son to prevent it being used against the teens.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/ill-hang-your-family-from-my-tree-florida-woman-chases-black-kids-with-bat-while-shouting-slurs/

Back to top Go down

‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs Empty Re: ‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Maybe he misunderstood the question.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs Empty Re: ‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs

Post by eddie Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:22 pm

What did the boy do to them?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:27 pm

It's redneck Florida. Exactly what I would expect.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:54 pm

What did the boy do, if anything?
Surely he wasn't attacked out of the blue?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:05 pm

eddie wrote:What did the boy do, if anything?
Surely he wasn't attacked out of the blue?

"If you're black in America, race is a factor in your life. Start with that assumption."  –Henry Hampton

It doesn't take much, as you have been witnessing in these many, many murders of black men recently.  Add to that: this is the thick of the original south...Florida, Georgia and South Carolina.  You saw what Dylann Roof did in Charleston.  Did you mark what he said?

Wiki wrote:The shooter responded, "I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go."

In other words, Southerners are not waiting around for reasons to kill blacks.  They have myths, born in saloons, with lots of booze to fuel them, which provide scripts for their thoughts.  These are drunks, with guns, bats and strong prejudices; not highly-educated people.

Last edited by Original Quill on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Okay.

But what did this boy, do, in this instance?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:12 pm

eddie wrote:Okay.

I guess we'll have to wait for the details.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:15 pm

Something to do with her husband's truck apparently.

http://americannewsx.com/crooks-crime/watch-florida-woman-chasing-black-teens-with-bat-yelling-ill-hang-your-family-from-my-tree/
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:16 pm

Is there anything that warrants racial abuse?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:20 pm

Cuchulain wrote:

+1 I was thinking the same...that was going to be my next point.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:21 pm

Ofgs! Rolling Eyes

I wanted to know what he did.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:25 pm

That's why I posted the Hampton quote. Like...hold that thought.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

+1  I was thinking the same...that was going to be my next point.

Indeed Quill, even if they had done something wrong lets say for arguments sake, does it warrant racist abuse?

The answer is no.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:That's why I posted the Hampton quote.  Like...hold that thought.

Yes I got that. I was wondering aloud, about what the boy had done because the article never said.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:01 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:That's why I posted the Hampton quote.  Like...hold that thought.

Yes I got that. I was wondering aloud, about what the boy had done because the article never said.

Why though Eddie?
Would it some how lessen or justify the racism that followed?
Non racial cursing I can understand if the boys had been up to no good, so what reason is there in regards to knowing what they did based off the racial outbursts that followed?
If they have been up to no good, then they are also in the wrong. That though does not in any shape allow for the racial outburst that followed.

We know there was arguments.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/lake/os-lk-lisa-elberson-arrest-chasing-kids-baseball-bat-20150706-story.html

Lets say for argument sake, the boys had been racist to the family. Would that make it okay for racial slurs in reply?
No, it would just mean both would be equally in the wrong. Though I have not seen the husband claim anything in that regards the boys were racist to them.

Stayed later than I intended, so have a good evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Don't know about the long lecture you just gave butnive already said, I wanted to know what the boy had done. It's a rather shoddy article as there was no story about what had happened previously.

Nothing to do with race?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:54 pm

eddie wrote:Don't know about the long lecture you just gave butnive already said, I wanted to know what the boy had done. It's a rather shoddy article as there was no story about what had happened previously.

Nothing  to do with race?

Is it nothing to do with race?
I think as seen it certainly has a racial element.
You fail to explain why you need to know if the boy has done something wrong, if indeed he did anything wrong.
What if he did nothing wrong and this was only about race?
You are asking a question and offering no reason behind your question.
We have actual footage of what occurs of some point of the situation.
So what bearing or reason do you have to know of what the boy might or might not have done?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:56 pm

According to her husband, the boys came at his truck or something and said some stuff - dunno what. He went to have a word with them, and his wife and son went with him. It was the son who had the bat, and the woman took it off him to stop him doing anything with it.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:According to her husband, the boys came at his truck or something and said some stuff - dunno what. He went to have a word with them, and his wife and son went with him. It was the son who had the bat, and the woman took it off him to stop him doing anything with it.

Thank you rags that was my point but I didn't think it needed explaining!

I wanted to know exactly what the boy had done to warrant violent behaviour irrelevant of the racial words spoken
Like why did the son grab a basebal bat?

It's just a sketchy story.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:07 pm

The black kids seemed to find the whole thing quite amusing actually. Just watched it on You Tube.

There was certainly a lack of decorum all round.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:07 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:According to her husband, the boys came at his truck or something and said some stuff - dunno what. He went to have a word with them, and his wife and son went with him. It was the son who had the bat, and the woman took it off him to stop him doing anything with it.

I wanted to know exactly what the boy had done to warrant violent behaviour irrelevant of the racial words spoken

It was on the link I posted for you and the one Rags did earlier.
Again you fail to offer a reason why though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The black kids seemed to find the whole thing quite amusing actually. Just watched it on You Tube.

Have you not felt amused at someone losing it?
I think you have, so what is unusual about that?
Nothing.
You are trying to make a point on something subjective, so what point does it matter if they found it amusing?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:11 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The black kids seemed to find the whole thing quite amusing actually. Just watched it on You Tube.

Nothing.
You are trying to make a point on something subjective, so what point does it matter if they found it amusing?

Well it would indicate that they didn't feel threatened at least.

All the things she said are not clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82kagRtCbHQ
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Nothing.

What has that got to do with the racism?
She was holding a weapon also.
They may have been foolish and very naive to not fear the situation.
It does not mean they were not actually threatened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:19 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Er ... is everyone ignoring the baseball bat then? This isn't just about what she allegedly said is it?

It's just another load of loudmouthed people in the street, one of which used some racial slurs. I don't know why people keep doing that - they know it will land them in trouble. I wouldn't say she chased them though really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:20 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Er ... is everyone ignoring the baseball bat then? This isn't just about what she allegedly said is it?

It's just another load of loudmouthed people in the street, one of which used some racial slurs. I don't know why people keep doing that - they know it will land them in trouble. I wouldn't say she chased them though really.

Yes you make many assumptions Rags I have noticed and make poor ones at that based off how you would think in that given situation.
So first of all, do you know what its like to be black?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:24 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes you make many assumptions Rags I have noticed and make poor ones at that based off how you would think in that given situation.

Well I watched it, and I saw them laughing and joking, so I'm not making any assumptions.

You can get all outraged if you like. Gobby people just make me roll my eyes.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Well I watched it, and I saw them laughing and joking, so I'm not making any assumptions.

How am I outraged?
I am simple point out the fact you have no comprehension how a black person would feel in that given situation and yet you make claims based off their reactions. I would have little idea but have witnessed racist events myself. The point is you make assumptions on something you cannot imagine.
It seems now you wish to downplay the racism over what you class as gobby.
The facts are this, there is no excuse for the racism part

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:29 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

How am I outraged?
I am simple point out the fact you have no comprehension how a black person would feel in that given situation and yet you make claims based off their reactions. I would have little idea but have witnessed racist events myself. The point is you make assumptions on something you cannot imagine.

Well you don't know either, so it's you who's making POOR assumptions.

Yeah, gobby - as in yelling and screeching in the street. It should be banned.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:30 pm

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:31 pm

eddie wrote:

I don't know why the son allegedly grabbed the baseball bat. It seemed to be him who followed them, but there were more of them anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

How am I outraged?

I already said I would not know, it was in my last post.
So I never made any poor assumption.
Banned? lol
Boys being boys being loud and boisterous should be banned now?
How is that a crime?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:33 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Banned? lol
How is that a crime?

Not just boys - anyone being gobby, and screeching and yelling in the street. It's just so unseemly.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Banned? lol
How is that a crime?

Not just boys - anyone being gobby, and screeching and yelling in the street. It's just so unseemly.

I see no reason how this is a crime.
Do you see how you have swayed away from the point of racism to now make the main point on the boys being wrong and as if at fault more than the racism?
Seriously do you not even see that. You find the actual racism to be lesser than boys or girls being loud.
Lets just ban kids having fun altogether Rags eh?
Sorry this is my point with you Rags, you always deflect away from racism itself.
The main issue here is the racism, of which there is no excuse, yet you make the view of kids being loud the bigger issue to you.
That is trying to down play the racism

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:39 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Do you see how you have swayed away from the point of racism to now make the main point on the boys being wrong and as if at fault more than the racism?
Seriously do you not even see that. You find the actual racism to be lesser than boys or girls being loud.
Sorry this is my point with you Rags, you always deflect away from racism itself.
The main issue here is the racism, of which there is no excuse, yet you make the view of kids being loud the bigger issue to you.

I didn't say they were wrong - she was yelling and screeching, they were laughing and joking.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:43 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

I didn't say they were wrong - she was yelling and screeching, they were laughing and joking.

Again have you not laughed at someone losing it?
Yes, as I have I.
That though is still you down playing the racism here now based off them laughing at her antics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:47 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, as I have I.
That though is still you down playing the racism  here now based off them laughing at her antics.

Well when I read the thread title and OP I expected to see a woman battering some lad whilst he ran for his life. It wasn't really like that was it?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Yes, as I have I.
That though is still you down playing the racism  here now based off them laughing at her antics.

Well when I read the thread title and OP I expected to see a woman battering some lad whilst he ran for his life. It wasn't really like that was it?

Yes I know what you perceive Rags, but that is far removed from attempting to understand a situation here which in this instance we have racism in full swing.
She was battering them with hate, racial hate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:51 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes I know what you perceive Rags, but that is far removed from attempting to understand a situation here which in this instance we have racism in full swing.

Which they were laughing about.

There are so many beeps in the video it's hard to tell who was saying what. I already said that I don't know why people use racial slurs, especially when they're yelling and screeching in the street for everyone to hear.

I daresay there will be riots of some kind over it, so that'll be interesting.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

There are so many beeps in the video it's hard to tell who was saying what. I already said that I don't know why people use racial slurs, especially when they're yelling and screeching in the street for everyone to hear.

Which you perceive wrong. Its clear they were laughing at her losing it.
Again you make poor excuses for the racism that occurred here.
We have gone from laughing at her antics, to them being criminal for being boisterous.
How many more rabbits are you going to pull out of the magicians hat Rags to excuse the racism here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:59 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

We have gone from laughing at her antics, to them being criminal for being boisterous.
How many more rabbits are you going to pull out of the magicians hat Rags to excuse the racism here?

You assumed I meant them when I talked about yelling and screeching in the street, and you're still getting it wrong even though I explained that I meant her. I also didn't say that it was criminal, I said it should be banned. That's a view I've taken for a long time.

I really don't care about your posts enough to keep replying. You're just repeating yourself.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

You assumed I meant them when I talked about yelling and screeching in the street, and you're still getting it wrong even though I explained that I meant her. I also didn't say that it was criminal, I said it should be banned. That's a view I've taken for a long time.

I really don't care about your posts enough to keep replying. You're just repeating yourself.

I have nothing wrong Rags.
You have used reasons to down play the racism
Saying something should be banned is claiming it is criminal.
If you do something that is banned what happens rags?
Can you get arrested?
Sorry Rags you have made some pretty poor arguments tonight as I easily exposed and when Quill sees them he will have a field day, with legal knowledge

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:07 pm

Meh. Sleep
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Meh. Sleep

Enjoy your rest.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:22 pm

There seems to be two different subject matters in this discussion.  The one that Raggs and eds want to discuss involves the individual actions and accusations back and forth between the two groups.  

eddie wrote:Like why did the son grab a basebal bat?

There appears to be some sort of neighborhood argument that prompted the dispute.

What didge is talking about is the racist ideology, revealed in the easy metaphors the mother resorted to in order to further the fight: Racial slurs?  Spitting?  “I’ll hang your family from my tree,” clearly a reference to this:

‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs Blacks+lynching+blacks-6

What didge is tacitly saying is: What difference does the underlying narrative make?  The story is in the quick resort to race and racial language of a woman in Florida.

I think didge has the point this time, but we all would admit that had the boys done something really drastic or outrageous we would want to know more about the details—which was eds question.

Still, how is it an answer, whatever was said or done, to resort to racism and racial language?  It is just hate...hate based upon skin color, which has nothing to do with the husband's car (whatever that was about--lol Rolling Eyes ).

All you can do is shake your head and sigh...it's the South, folks.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Yes thanks quill, I did know what didges point was I just get frustrated with WHY he has to know WHY you're asking!!!

"Because I am" Isn't enough

Nothing warrens that kind of racial abuse, of course not, but if he was aggressive or violet that would've explained the bat.

Oh and one other thing? She also made homosexual remarks too? Perhaps she was just one of those people that will shout anything that she thinks will hurt or anger.
There are a lot of people like that who aren't necesarily racist nor homophobic.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:51 pm

eddie wrote:Yes thanks quill, I did know what didges point was I just get frustrated with WHY he has to know WHY you're asking!!!

"Because I am" Isn't enough

Didge has a lot of energy, which when you get older you find out that’s what people admire. Lol. His point matters, and no one backs him down.

Plus, if you watch real closely, he is constantly learning. You’ll see one post on subject ‘X’ and maybe more energy than knowledge, but next time he will be really studied up on that subject…it wasn’t just cheap thrills for him. He wanted to be better.

I can see why his professors liked him.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Hmmm. He really doesn't listen to others quill.
Perhaps he treats you differently.

I'll,leave it there
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:06 pm

eddie wrote:Oh and one other thing? She also made homosexual remarks too? Perhaps she was just one of those people that will shout anything that she thinks will hurt or anger.
There are a lot of people like that who aren't necesarily racist nor homophobic.

Well, I wouldn’t be any happier if the Florida woman had resorted to homophobic slurs, and apparently she did. You are right that she most likely is one of those people who “will shout anything that she thinks will hurt or anger.” You are wrong to think that people like that “aren't necesarily racist nor homophobic.”

Once again, it raises two different subjects. That you want to hurt is one thing. But that you use racial or homophobic slurs to hurt is another thing, which says something about you…that is, the person in question.

Like when someone calls me gay because I live in San Francisco (which has happened on this site). Should I angrily take it as an insult and vehemently deny it? Or should I maybe argue that it’s offensive to suggest that’s an insult. See? Two different issues.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next