NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs - Page 2 Empty ‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs

Post by Guest Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

A Florida woman was facing multiple charges after she was recorded on video shouting racial slurs and chasing black children with a baseball bat — but her husband said that she did nothing wrong. According to The Orlando Sentinel, a 16-year-old resident of Lake County told deputies that that 29-year-old Lisa Marie Elberson chased him down a street in their neighborhood with a baseball bat and spat on him and his friends during an argument on Sunday.

A report filed by the Lake County deputies said that the incident began with a dispute between Elberson’s husband and one of the teens, which later escalated when Elberson picked up a black Louisville Slugger and began chasing the kids. Video recorded by one of the teens showed Elberson shouting racial and homophobic slurs. “I’ll hang your family from my tree,” she said at one point.
Elberson’s husband told WFTV that his wife used the n-word but he insisted that she never did anything wrong.
The husband said that his wife had taken the bat from his son to prevent it being used against the teens.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/ill-hang-your-family-from-my-tree-florida-woman-chases-black-kids-with-bat-while-shouting-slurs/

Back to top Go down

‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs - Page 2 Empty Re: ‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:07 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmm. He really doesn't listen to others quill.
Perhaps he treats you differently.

I'll,leave it there

You see this is why I have little time for your views Eddie as I do listen to others, I just do notlisten to poor arguments when they are used.
I have great respect for Quill, Victor, Eilzel, Ben, Stardesk etc and can even have ding dongs with them, which are some fo the best debates, but I certainly listen and what is more I learn from them
I have not known Quill as long as I have Victor though have learntmuch from Quill, but it is Victor I have learnt from the most and have looked upon him as a teacher. I have looked back at where I have made mistakes and have learnt. Its fro learning by mistakes and taking on baord their views that I have learnt.

Back to top Go down

‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs - Page 2 Empty Re: ‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs

Post by Original Quill Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Well, I didn't mean to personify. It's not always mistakes that teach, nor did I mean to suggest that anyone is a mentor.

What I was saying I admired, didge, is your independent initiative to go out and learn more about a subject. Hey, we do that on our own, not always because we made a mistake, etc. It's just well-directed energy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:Well, I didn't mean to personify.  It's not always mistakes that teach, nor did I mean to suggest that anyone is a mentor.

What I was saying I admired, didge, is your independent initiative to go out and learn more about a subject.  Hey, we do that on our own, not always because we made a mistake, etc.  It's just well-directed energy.

You have encouraged me to learn more on things I did not know Quill, and for that I thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:35 pm

Another non story being whipped up into a racist white bastards do bad things to The poor innocent black children again...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:10 pm

Hmmmm, I'm not sure I can say that's correct.
Some people just "say what they see" and will use that unconscious reasoning, to insult:

"Four-eyed bastard" becaeue a guy wears glasses

"Ginger twat" because she's ginger

"Black bastard" because he's black

I've heard you call low-class women/men "white trailer trash"

Are you a racist?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:15 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmmm, I'm not sure I can say that's correct.
Some people just "say what they see" and will use that unconscious reasoning, to insult:

Are you a racist?

There was no need for the racial outburst.Such views are held by racist people, espcially in the US south.
You are trying to excuse the racism Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:18 pm

Is there more to the story than is being reported here, I mean let's face it you have to be pretty riled up to chase a few kids , how rude where they i mean the youth of today are pretty disrespectful aren't they .

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:19 pm

Cuchulain wrote:

Are you a racist?

There was no need for the racial outburst.Such views are held by racist people, espcially in the US south.

Yes your post is valid and I agree with it.

But that wasn't a reply to the question I put to Quill?

Is he racist to say "White trailer trash"?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:21 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Is Quill white?

How is it racist if he is?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:21 pm

this kind of argument interests me immensely

I mean

supposing I was assaulted by a coloured guy for whetever reason......
firstly it is probably an unwise move on his part...I may not be as fit as I was in my youth, but what i lack in that department is more than compensated for in the sheer degree of evil intent I can summon

however

supposing in the subsequent scrap i call him a black twat

is that wrong...or merely excrutiatingly true

he IS black

and in attacking me

he IS a twat

so........??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:31 pm

victorismyhero wrote:this kind of argument interests me immensely

I mean

firstly it is probably an unwise move on his part...I may not be as fit as I was in my youth, but what i lack in that department is more than compensated for in the sheer degree of evil intent I can summon

however

he IS black

and in attacking me

he IS a twat

Read my posts above, about how some people will say what they see.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Is Quill white?

Quill,could be any colour, I wouldn't know I have never met him. So yes, if he's non-white then it's racist.

If he is white, (has he ever claimed to be? I couldn't say), then he is still using race or colour, as a way of insulting a group,of people "white trailer trash"

So....?? You tell me.

What you should say is "Hmmm, you're right Eddie actually."

But I bet you don't.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:36 pm

I mean

however

he IS black

and in attacking me

he IS a twat

What if the attacker was white, would you call him a white twat? Of course not. So the real question is, why do people in these situations only mention skin color if it's different from their own? I think I know why ... ‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs - Page 2 3893789544
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:38 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Is Quill white?

Quill,could be any colour, I wouldn't know I have never met him. So yes, if he's non-white then it's racist.

If he is white, (has he ever claimed to be? I couldn't say), then he is still using race or colour, as a way of insulting a group,of people "white trailer trash"

So....?? You tell me.

What you should say is "Hmmm, you're right Eddie actually."

But I bet you don't.

Is he is non-white, then it would be racist, but I know he is white.
Is it poor to use as also when blacks call each other nigga?
Yes, as it is self defeating and gives the wrong impression itis okay to use the word.
So I agree its poor to use, but it would notbe racist to use if he is white

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:47 pm

So if you use an offensive term to insult someone else, it's okay if you're the same?

So, if I call someone a bald twat, it's okay if I'm bald?

And by the way, if you haven't met him, you cannot know he is white for a fact.
That's only logical didge - and I know you only deal in logic!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:51 pm

eddie wrote:So if you use an offensive term to insult someone else, it's okay if you're the same?

So, if I call someone a bald twat, it's okay if I'm bald?

And by the way, if you haven't met him, you cannot know he is white for a fact.
That's only logical didge - and I know you only deal in logic!

Did I say it was okay Eddie?
That is not what I said was it
Read again and I will point outfor you what you clearly missed:

Is he is non-white, then it would be racist, but I know he is white.
Is it poor to use as also when blacks call each other nigga?
Yes, as it is self defeating and gives the wrong impression itis okay to use the word.
So I agree its poor to use, but it would notbe racist to use if he is white

I never said it was okay to use, only that it would not be racist
Please read what I have written Eddie, as this was a waste of time having to reply.
Thankyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:51 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I mean

however

he IS black

and in attacking me

he IS a twat

What if the attacker was white, would you call him a white twat? Of course not. So the real question is, why do people in these situations only mention skin color if it's different from their own? I think I know why ... ‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs - Page 2 3893789544

possibly not...but then I would likely call him a fat b'stard or a gobby geordie, or a pimply faced nerd or whatever I thought would get his goat ‘I’ll hang your family from my tree': Florida woman chases black kids with bat while shouting slurs - Page 2 2190311264

my sole intent is to wind him up.....

the madder your asailant the worse he fights.....

I dont lose my rag when fighting....I go all cold and precise......

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:52 pm

I did read it.

If you use someone's colour, you're seeing race, therefore it's racist.

Simple.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:58 pm

eddie wrote:I did read it.

If you use someone's colour, you're seeing race, therefore it's racist.

Simple.

I disagree its racist within a racial group. Itis certainly a very poor sterotype to describe a group of white people, just as the word Chav is also a very poor sterotype deropgative word, but it can hardly be racist between the same racial group, as thatis very illogical Eddie. As how can white be superior to white?

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:35 am

Are you a racist?

I don't know.  If I called you a filthy cunt, would you be offended?  

Certain words are just off-limits.  "Cunt" seems to offend most women, even though it is high-brow Latin; "twat" doesn't seem to offend as much, although to me it has much uglier connotations.  In my lifetime, "negro" has gone out of vogue, and it is replaced by "black".  What about "colored people", as in NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COLORED PEOPLE (NAACP); today, to be proper, we would say "people of color".  "White-bitch" seems to offend some, but "white-trash" is acceptable in the best of company in the US.  You hear it on TV shows, even where they would otherwise beep out "ass" (which can either be your anus, or a donkey).

Among gays, the term "gay" is accepted, but another innocuous three-letter word, "fag", is considered way off-limits.  I never knew the difference until someone corrected me.  To this day I don't know why.

I don't necessarily subscribe to the notion you can use the slurs if they refer to your own race or gender.  A black man using the term "nigger" in the lobby of the Hotel Fairmont would be asked to leave.  Like I say, some words are out, and some words are in, regardless of the prevailing logic.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2