NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pensioner forced to sit in wet clothes for 13 hours after BA crew refused to let her use toile

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pensioner forced to sit in wet clothes for 13 hours after BA crew refused to let her use toile - Page 2 Empty Pensioner forced to sit in wet clothes for 13 hours after BA crew refused to let her use toile

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

British Airways staff have been criticised for stopping an 87-year-old woman from using the toilet on a flight, leaving her sitting in soaking clothes. Kocharik Tsamouzian was bound for London from Los Angeles but realised she needed to use the bathroom shortly after boarding the plane. As the flight was delayed on the runway she was repeatedly told she was not allowed to the use the bathroom, with a cabin crew member even reportedly blocking her access in the aisle at one point. The flight, on December 22 last year, ended up waiting on the runway for 90 minutes, resulting in Mrs Tsamouzian wetting herself.

She then spent the rest of the 13-hour flight distressed and in tears as she did not have a change of clothes with her in the cabin. Mrs Tsamouzian’s daughter Aida Behroozi, who lives in West London, told the Mail Online: "I went to pick my mother up from Heathrow Airport and she arrived in tears. "I was shaking with anger. She asked the air hostess over and over again if she could go to the loo but they kept telling her no because of health and safety reasons.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/ba-staff-refused-to-let-pensioner-use-the-toilet/

And what was their excuse?
Health and safety.
Absolute madness, as surely this constituted an emergency, with the need to go toilet?

Back to top Go down

Pensioner forced to sit in wet clothes for 13 hours after BA crew refused to let her use toile - Page 2 Empty Re: Pensioner forced to sit in wet clothes for 13 hours after BA crew refused to let her use toile

Post by Guest Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I read in other reports that it was shortly after she got on the plane.

Which would mean the staff were even more ridiculous towards her then Rags

Anyway, night

Back to top Go down

Pensioner forced to sit in wet clothes for 13 hours after BA crew refused to let her use toile - Page 2 Empty Re: Pensioner forced to sit in wet clothes for 13 hours after BA crew refused to let her use toile

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:17 pm

Goodnight.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:24 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well me too. Eddie..initiative is sometimes more sensible than blindly following rules and orders.

Not if you get sacked for it.

Well I have been sacked from a job (2 actually) for sticking to my principles rather than blindly following ridiculous orders, and never regretted it.

Only two? I could probably triple that.

Jeez I was sacked from a college course once because the Tutor was so useless and asked me to help and when I did, and did it well, she got nasty and she actually said, word for word:

"You think you're Jesus Christ Superstar, don't you?"

Seriously.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:14 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well I have been sacked from a job (2 actually) for sticking to my principles rather than blindly following ridiculous orders, and never regretted it.

Only two? I could probably triple that.

Jeez I was sacked from a college course once because the Tutor was so useless and asked me to help and when I did, and did it well, she got nasty and she actually said, word for word:

"You think you're Jesus Christ Superstar, don't you?"

Seriously.

Probably insecure because you could do the job better than she did.

I got sacked from Tiffany's nightclub when I was young. They had a mynah bird in the foyer in a cage, the manageress owned the bird, but she gave me the job of feeding it. Problem was it hated me, and used to bite me a lot. Eventually I told her I wouldn't feed it anymore, she told me I would, I assured her I would not.
Unfortunately it didn't get fed Saturday night, the club was closed Sunday, on the Monday night I went in and the manageress was fuming because she said the bird was almost dead with starvation thanks to me....and she sacked me. Rolling Eyes

She did reinstate me when she had calmed down, and I never fed the bird again.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:45 am

Sylla.....the bird killer Shocked
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:00 pm

No it lived on to bite some other poor sod who was ordered to feed it.

Sorry...we digressed, back to the jobsworth stewardess and her victim.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:21 pm

Sounds like a lawsuit.  You had to endure bodily injury in order to do your job?

Here, we have the  Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), and that little black bird, taking bits outta yer hand, would be a clear violation.

Missed opportunity, there.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:Sounds like a lawsuit.  You had to endure bodily injury in order to do your job?

Here, we have the  Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), and that little black bird, taking bits outta yer hand, would be a clear violation.

Missed opportunity, there.
It was a long time ago Quill...if it happened today I would probably just strangle it. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2