NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benefits Street Stars Charged With Drug Offences

4 posters

Go down

Benefits Street Stars Charged With Drug Offences Empty Benefits Street Stars Charged With Drug Offences

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:32 pm

Police have charged a number of people living in TV's "Benefits Street" with drug offences.
The charges follow a series of raids carried out last year in James Turner Street, Winson Green, Birmingham - the street which is the subject of the Channel 4 documentary series.
West Midlands Police said the raids took place last June at a number of addresses in the street following concerns raised by the local community.
Following the warrants, a number of people were arrested and Class A and B drugs were recovered by officers.
After ongoing enquiries, seven people were charged on Wednesday with a number of offences and all have been bailed to appear before Birmingham Magistrates' Court on February 6.

• Samora Roberts, 32, from James Turner Street, (knowns as Black Dee on the show) was charged with conspiracy to supply a class B controlled drug, conspiracy to supply a class A controlled drug (crack cocaine), possession of a Class A controlled drug (diamorphine) and possession of ammunition for a firearm without a certificate.

• Tina Thomas, 46, of James Turner Street, was charged with conspiracy to supply Class B drugs (cannabis) and possession of ammunition without a certificate.

• Charlene Wilson, 29, of James Turner Street, was charged with conspiracy to supply Class A drugs (crack cocaine) and Class B drugs (cannabis) and possession of diamorphine.

• Ian Wright, 38, of James Turner Street, was charged with conspiracy to supply Class A drugs (crack cocaine) and conspiracy to supply Class B drugs (cannabis).

• Monique Walker, 28, of James Turner Street, was charged with conspiracy to supply Class A drugs (crack cocaine).

• Marvin Scott, 37, of James Turner Street, was charged with conspiracy to supply Class A drugs (crack cocaine).

• Omari George, 20, of Dora Road, Handsworth, was charged with conspiracy to supply Class A drugs (crack cocaine) and Class B drugs (cannabis).

The controversial documentary relates to life on what is said to be one of Britain's most benefit-dependent streets.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/25/benefits-street-drug-offe_n_4665087.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Excellent news, no matter what you feel about the program, it has work wonders in dealing with those committing crimes

:D 

Back to top Go down

Benefits Street Stars Charged With Drug Offences Empty Re: Benefits Street Stars Charged With Drug Offences

Post by Clarkson Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:57 pm

These people are the salt of the earth according to sassy.

They have been set up by the tv company to look like scum.

Most are scum living of the backs of hard pressed taxpayers.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Benefits Street Stars Charged With Drug Offences Empty Re: Benefits Street Stars Charged With Drug Offences

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Well of those who do this I agree Drinky, it is funny mind, we should not ignore the reality is that some people on benefits and milking the system and as seen here claiming whilst selling drugs.

Hence even mores so we should legalise drugs and deny them an income to so many criminals, reduce crime etc and make for once some of these people do an honest days hard work for a change

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Well, it's quite obvious from anecdotes like this that none of the people who receive benefits deserve them; they're all drug users or dealers who are cheating the system and thus, the U.K. government should completely dismantle its welfare program.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:04 pm

who said they are all on benefits, I never saw that.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Well, it's quite obvious from anecdotes like this that none of the people who receive benefits deserve them; they're all drug users or dealers who are cheating the system and thus, the U.K. government should completely dismantle its welfare program.

Ben I am all for people who need benefits to receive them, what is just being shown is clearly some people do abuse them. It does not mean I have a stereotype that all are, just the reality is some are, which is sadly ignored by some people and brushed aside, which to me is wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:14 pm

Perhaps I'm Americanizing this story too much -- here, whenever the right point out an abuse of welfare, it's always with the underlying implication that this is rampant and that welfare must be abolished.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Perhaps I'm Americanizing this story too much -- here, whenever the right point out an abuse of welfare, it's always with the underlying implication that this is rampant and that welfare must be abolished.

To me Ben there is an element within society today that think life is about doing as little as possible with getting many things for doing nothing, a poor ethos has grown from being grateful, to wanting to now demanding.

Again this is some people, and not all on benefits, but there is a group of people who for ages knew they would be better off on benefits than working. This to me is what gives rise to a poor stereotype to all on benefits, which I agree is wrong as there are many genuine people out there trying to find work, but we should also never ignore where there are problems. So yes the stereotyping is wrong, but ignoring the ones that abuse the system is also wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:01 pm

For me, in a wealthy nation like the U.S., it's always come down to a very simple question. You can preach all day about the value of work, which I believe in, and we can sort through stats for weeks about who should and should not be on welfare. The fact of the matter is that most of the beneficiaries are children.

I'd rather have 10 percent fraud in our system -- which, of course, would be way, way worse than what the fraud actually is -- then take it away and have children going hungry, without health care and possibly without shelter in the world's richest nation.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:For me, in a wealthy nation like the U.S., it's always come down to a very simple question. You can preach all day about the value of work, which I believe in, and we can sort through stats for weeks about who should and should not be on welfare. The fact of the matter is that most of the beneficiaries are children.

I'd rather have 10 percent fraud in our system -- which, of course, would be way, way worse than what the fraud actually is -- then take it away and have children going hungry, without health care and possibly without shelter in the world's richest nation.

I would rather quote the lyrics of imagine to show what view of the world I would like Ben, but to me you fall prey to the view, do we have checks or no checks with benefit systems.

You then also create a worse view and perception of people who claim benefits with stereotypes, because with no checks it allows beliefs that many will feel, many are abusing the system. I believe in fair checks but I also do have issue with people that abuse systems to the extent it not only damages the image of genuine benefit claimants but also angers many in society

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:38 pm

Unless we are talking Lord Ashcroft quantities then these crimes are hardly the crimes of the century.  Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:21 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:For me, in a wealthy nation like the U.S., it's always come down to a very simple question. You can preach all day about the value of work, which I believe in, and we can sort through stats for weeks about who should and should not be on welfare. The fact of the matter is that most of the beneficiaries are children.

I actually agree Ben.  However, I also understand why people become frustrated with those who take advantage and misuse the system.  Like it or not there are people who see it as a victimless crime; it isn't.  Some people have no shame  No

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down