NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Woman charged with acid attack murder

+3
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
7 posters

Go down

Woman charged with acid attack murder Empty Woman charged with acid attack murder

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:11 pm

The death of a man who was attacked with acid has left his father "broken", according to the family.
Dutch national Mark van Dongen, 29, was left with 80% burns and paralysed after being attacked in Bristol in September 2015. He died earlier this month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-38570439

Woman charged with acid attack murder Berlinah-Madikeledi-Wallace

http://www.you.co.za/news/she-wouldnt-hurt-a-bird-alleged-acid-killers-brother-speaks-out/

I read that she had now been remanded into custody... although she was originally in court for the attack back in January 2016...

I would have thought that she would already be in prison for such a heinous attack... surely she couldn't have been prosecuted already and got out in less than a year...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Woman charged with acid attack murder Empty Re: Woman charged with acid attack murder

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:08 pm

How sick is this . She needs putting away for life she is a danger to society .

Back to top Go down

Woman charged with acid attack murder Empty Re: Woman charged with acid attack murder

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:14 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:I would have thought that she would already be in prison for such a heinous attack... surely she couldn't have been prosecuted already and got out in less than a year...!?

Legal proceedings are slow. Sixty days to look into this; 30 more days to look into that.  It's frustrating.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:I would have thought that she would already be in prison for such a heinous attack... surely she couldn't have been prosecuted already and got out in less than a year...!?

Legal proceedings are slow.  Sixty days to look into this; 30 more days to look into that.  It's frustrating.

Original trial was Jan 2016...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Legal proceedings are slow.  Sixty days to look into this; 30 more days to look into that.  It's frustrating.

Original trial was Jan 2016...

Ain't it the truth, tho? Things move like syrup in the legal world.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:06 pm

That is besides the point... and not necessarily the case here.

The point I'm making is that this was an extremely heinous attack in September 2015... the woman was facing trial in January 2016 (although not for murder at this point because the victim had survived the attack and was alive up until Jan 2017)... and I would have expected that she was either already in custody on remand or still serving prison sentence now from original court case...

But I read that she had only now been remanded into custody...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:21 pm

It must have been a vicious attack in the first place to cause such horrendous injuries, so the original charge seems a little lenient anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:36 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:That is besides the point... and not necessarily the case here.

The point I'm making is that this was an extremely heinous attack in September 2015... the woman was facing trial in January 2016 (although not for murder at this point because the victim had survived the attack and was alive up until Jan 2017)... and I would have expected that she was either already in custody on remand or still serving prison sentence now from original court case...

How fast should it take? Why do you think it didn't go faster? What substantive facts do you have to back up your position?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:38 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:The death of a man who was attacked with acid has left his father "broken", according to the family.
Dutch national Mark van Dongen, 29, was left with 80% burns and paralysed after being attacked in Bristol in September 2015. He died earlier this month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-38570439

Woman charged with acid attack murder Berlinah-Madikeledi-Wallace

http://www.you.co.za/news/she-wouldnt-hurt-a-bird-alleged-acid-killers-brother-speaks-out/

I read that she had now been remanded into custody... although she was originally in court for the attack back in January 2016...

I would have thought that she would already be in prison for such a heinous attack... surely she couldn't have been prosecuted already and got out in less than a year...!?

You would think that's would be a remand in custody for the attack
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:16 am

Original Quill wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:That is besides the point... and not necessarily the case here.

How fast should it take?  Why do you think it didn't go faster?  What substantive facts do you have to back up your position?

Anybody charged with such a horrendous attack and in court back in January last year should have either already been on remand or serving jail sentence...

I find it quite remarkable that one article said she has only now been placed on remand after man dies and she is now charged with murder...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:24 am

Suspect

CONSIDERING that she (the killer..) is such an obvious threat  to public safety...

As with Tommy's and others' earlier comments --  I don't see or understand why she wasn't remanded in custody from the beginning..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:How sick is this . She needs putting away for life she is a danger to society .

Exactly that.../\
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Acid attacks are on the rise, they are hideous, and no one knows who is next til it hits you.

I hope she stays in prison a very long time.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down