NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50

+6
HoratioTarr
Eilzel
nicko
Original Quill
veya_victaous
Tommy Monk
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 4 Empty Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

MPs vote to trigger Article 50 by 498 to 114
SNP amendment rejected
Two Labour shadow cabinet ministers resign, more expected
Nine Labour frontbench MPs defy Jeremy Corbyn
The road to Britain's exit from the EU
Sketch: Is George Osborne over Brexit? Not quite yet ...
Boris Johnson said that “history has been made” after MPs voted overwhelmingly on Wednesday night in favour of triggering Brexit negotiations and beginning the process of leaving the EU.

The Foreign Secretary called it a “momentous” night as MPs voted four to one in favour of triggering Article 50. Kenneth Clarke, a former chancellor, was the only Tory MP to oppose it.

I’ve just voted three times in the House of Commons for an absolutely momentous thing – to give our Prime Minister the right to trigger Article 50 and Britain to begin the path out of the EU
Boris Johnson
Theresa May, the Prime Minister, will today publish a White Paper formally setting out the Government’s plans for Brexit in response to the concerns of pro-European Tory MPs.

However, there were further signs of division among the Conservatives as George Osborne, the former chancellor, accused Mrs May of putting Brexit ahead of the economy and warned he will join the “fight” over Britain’s future outside the EU.

Wednesday’s vote means the Government’s Brexit legislation has cleared its first hurdle and Mrs May is on course to trigger the process by her March deadline. There had been 14 and a half hours of debate and bitter clashes in Parliament over two days as nearly 100 MPs expressed their views about Brexit.

MPs finally voted in favour of the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Bill by 498 votes to 114, with 47 Labour MPs, 50 SNP MPs and seven Liberal Democrats voting against.

It leaves Jeremy Corbyn, the Labour leader, facing his third reshuffle in 18 months after 12 serving frontbenchers voted against it. Four members of his front bench team have already quit.

Mr Johnson said: “I’ve just voted three times in the House of Commons for an absolutely momentous thing – to give our Prime Minister the right to trigger Article 50 and Britain to begin the path out of the EU. Don’t forget we may be leaving the EU treaties but we are not leaving Europe.

“We are going to be making an amazingly positive contribution to our continent as we always have done and always will. But we are now able to forge a new identity with new free trade deals as global Britain.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/01/theresa-may-eu-bill-brexit-pmqs-live2/

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:12 pm

"...here’s a handy list of just five fibs Nigel Farage told that day..."

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 4 Empty Re: Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:16 pm

Thorin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

When I held up a sign behind Nigel Farage on Wednesday it, to my shock, went viral. Less shocking was the torrent of abuse and hate that followed online. A lot of the accounts that targeted me called me childish - sure, it wasn’t the most sophisticated act I’ve undertaken in politics. Some accused me of bullying the former-Ukip leader - undermining their argument somewhat by going on to call me a whole host of horrible names. A small number threatened my life.

Quite a few, more understandably, asked me what Nigel Farage had done to deserve having a crudely, off the cuff note held up behind his head. For those people, here’s a handy list of just five fibs Nigel Farage told that day and over the past decade. Small disclaimer, this list could have been much, much longer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/seb-dance/nigel-farage-seb-dance_b_14591852.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Why I so enjoy Tommy failing to even read a simple sentence and think that the five points were only stated on that day

Clearly some were as seen

Tommy, this is a lesson to you, to actually read replies

Laughing

"...here’s a handy list of just five fibs Nigel Farage told that day..."

Poor dodge...!!!

lol!

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:18 pm

I mean point 3 is on the video from 36 seconds into the video
He claims is Unelected and claims they have the sole right to propose legislation. As seen that is a whopping lie.
He then makes an even bigger tit by saying a genuinely elected Democrat in regards to Trump, who won with a minority of popular votes.
Classic lie in understanding True democracy for a national vote

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:18 pm

Thorin wrote:I mean point 3 is on the video from 36 seconds into the video
He claims is Unelected and claims they have the sole right to propose legislation. As seen that is a whopping lie.
He then makes an even bigger tit by saying a genuinely elected Democrat in regards to Trump, who won with a minority of popular votes.

Who does he claim that about, in the speech video...!!!???

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:I mean point 3 is on the video from 36 seconds into the video

Who does he claim that about, in the speech video...!!!???

lol!

The EU system.

He says.

Genuine democracy, unlike the EU system and then gives an irrelevant example of someone who is is a member of the European commission. Who has no say what so ever in the final decision of EU legislation, as its voted for by MEP's. Who are elected. How many other civil servants in this country who work for the government, need to be elected?

All of them to you Tommy?

Razz

I see Tommy is waving his white flag again ha ha ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:56 pm

Oh dear...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:36 am

Anyway... back to debate...

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

1) That is a matter of opinion... you don't even live in uk...

2) Problem is, you and your ilk never offer any positive reasons for remaining in the eu... you only offer spurious fear mongering hyperbole about how the sky is going to fall in if we leave and how it's so racist etc...!

Quite pathetic really when you think about it...!

Laughing

There were plenty of positive reasons to remain which were expressed by some of us
. Your side only focused on negatives about everything. Which says everything about your whole attitude towards everything in life (at least as your portray yourself on here).

I don't worry about it too much though, my life is about more than political squabbling lol

Care to reiterate some of them for us...!?

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Back of a postage stamp?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:37 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 4 1177314732

Notice the deflections and misdirections from the far right/alt.right spruikers on here...

They all have form..

Tommy is clearly losing the argument on here --  so tries to accuse Thorin/Eilzel/the lefty media with his usual "huff puff waffle" nonsense.

In exactly the same way that the majorettes have been falsely labelling me, veya and/or Quill as "liars" over recent weeks and months..

That whole horrid little gang has obvious form with such puerile behaviours...          Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 4 3350646086

The huff and puff waffle was called out as being bullshit and i then exposed each bit of it by proving each claim was bullshit!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:34 am

Reason to stay in the EU:
be part of the largest single economic unit
be part of the 2nd largest armed forces
be part of a Political entity that could define the 21st century
be part of a political entity that will at least have some say in the 21st century.
be part of a leading science and development community.
having the ability to negotiate as a superior partner.
Not have spiraling trade deficit.
have an economic future.
Not having to accept whatever USA give you in trade agreements
Not becoming a Vassal State of the USA.

You Will not free just rather than Brussel you will be owed by Washington instead. Brexiter need to grow up stop pretending it is 1920 and get with the program, that Globalization is here to stay, you either engage it a deal with it or you try and isolationist and get steam rolled economically and eventually politically too. You are not an empire, you are not big enough to do anything to stop it.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:27 pm

All spurious nonsense...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:03 pm

The news keeps getting better...

The SNP-led clause was defeated by 332 votes to 62 - a majority of 270.

In yet more bad news for Sturgeon and the SNP, The Scottish Government, the Welsh Assembly and the Northern Irish Assembly will not be given an additional month to debate Theresa May’s Brexit plan before Article 50 is triggered.

The news comes as ministers comfortably saw off four opposition attempts to amend the Article 50 bill with the Prime Minister’s Brexit plans still on track.

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:55 pm

More good news...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/brexit-vote-happens-now-will-house-lords-change-bill-will-article/
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4