NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cameron ‘vote of no confidence’ petition hits 100k, may be debated in parliament

3 posters

Go down

Cameron ‘vote of no confidence’ petition hits 100k, may be debated in parliament  Empty Cameron ‘vote of no confidence’ petition hits 100k, may be debated in parliament

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:15 pm

A petition calling for a vote of no confidence in Prime Minister David Cameron could soon be debated in parliament after exceeding the required 100,000 signatures.

As of Friday afternoon, a total of 121,790 people have signed the online petition, which accuses Cameron of causing “devastation for the poorest in society” since he took office five years ago.

We cannot afford another five years of Tory rule, with the recent welfare reform that will cause nothing but immense poverty in the UK,” the petition says.

When Cameron became prime minister in 2010, he introduced the e-petition initiative to boost transparency and democratic participation.

If petitions on the parliamentary website secure 100,000 signatures, MPs are obliged to hold a debate on the subjects raised.

The date for a debate is yet to be confirmed.

According to a YouGov poll, Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn is one of Britain’s most popular public figures while Cameron is the most hated.

Besides provoking public ire through harsh austerity measures, the PM has this week come under fire for holding talks with Egyptian President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi in Britain.

https://www.rt.com/uk/321074-cameron-vote-no-confidence/

cheers  We made it, whoop whoop

One human rights activist told RT Cameron betrayed “all of the values Britain holds dear” by inviting Sisi.
Cameron has invited a man who is responsible for the deaths of thousands, and the unjust imprisonment of tens of thousands, what message does that send to the Egyptian public?

Back to top Go down

Cameron ‘vote of no confidence’ petition hits 100k, may be debated in parliament  Empty Re: Cameron ‘vote of no confidence’ petition hits 100k, may be debated in parliament

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:18 pm

The Tories were democratically elected though, so there's not much anyone can do about it at the moment.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Cameron ‘vote of no confidence’ petition hits 100k, may be debated in parliament  Empty Re: Cameron ‘vote of no confidence’ petition hits 100k, may be debated in parliament

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:19 pm

But it has to be debated once it gets to 100,000.   How embarrassing for him lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:26 pm

sassy wrote:But it has to be debated once it gets to 100,000.   How embarrassing for him lol

I doubt it. I shouldn't think it was that hard to get that many people who are pissed off. He's probably used to it by now. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The Tories were democratically elected though, so there's not much anyone can do about it at the moment.
But they were elected on a lie - in particular about the cutting of tax credits, child or working - makes no difference. Cameron lied to the electorate on live tv, and that lie was compounded by Osborne and Gove , both of whom reiterated there would be no reductions in credits.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:16 pm

Particularly Farage in UKIP and the BNP has that down to a fine art.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:40 pm

Hiya Sassy.
Hope you are ok, you are right about UKIP but nowadays they are an irrelevant pressure group with only 1 MP, they are the equivalent of the Greens. The LIbDems have 8 times the power that UKIP have - and dont forget that the  gurning drunkard couldn't even win his own seat..
I eonder how much longer this Govetnment can survive,if they continue to hammer the poorest in this manner.

Don't forget the economic 'revival'is a sham, the unemployment figures are bogus and the national debt is increasing at record rates.
I give it 6 months before there are protests on the streets leading to riots.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Hi HA, I'll live (I hope lol).  Even in my quiet part of the country there is much more anti government stuff going on than I have ever known before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:48 pm

Down my way there is a simmering undercurrent of anger and hatred towards Dave and Gideon. This is the prosperous South East,but even the wealthiest are becoming intolerant at the continued injustices this shower are handing out. People are right about the tories liking the banks. Their favourite this winter are the food banks.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:57 pm

Handy Andy wrote:Hiya Sassy.
Hope you are ok, you are right about UKIP but nowadays they are an irrelevant pressure group with only 1 MP, they are the equivalent of the Greens. The LIbDems have 8 times the power that UKIP have - and dont forget that the  gurning drunkard couldn't even win his own seat..
I eonder how much longer this Govetnment can survive,if they continue to hammer the poorest in this manner.

Don't forget the economic 'revival'is a sham, the unemployment figures are bogus and the national debt is increasing at record rates.
I give it 6 months before there are protests on the streets leading to riots.

Ah well, if you didn't want the Tories in, you might approve of proportional representation, but then again, UKIP would have got more seats.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down