NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50

+6
HoratioTarr
Eilzel
nicko
Original Quill
veya_victaous
Tommy Monk
10 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 Empty Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

MPs vote to trigger Article 50 by 498 to 114
SNP amendment rejected
Two Labour shadow cabinet ministers resign, more expected
Nine Labour frontbench MPs defy Jeremy Corbyn
The road to Britain's exit from the EU
Sketch: Is George Osborne over Brexit? Not quite yet ...
Boris Johnson said that “history has been made” after MPs voted overwhelmingly on Wednesday night in favour of triggering Brexit negotiations and beginning the process of leaving the EU.

The Foreign Secretary called it a “momentous” night as MPs voted four to one in favour of triggering Article 50. Kenneth Clarke, a former chancellor, was the only Tory MP to oppose it.

I’ve just voted three times in the House of Commons for an absolutely momentous thing – to give our Prime Minister the right to trigger Article 50 and Britain to begin the path out of the EU
Boris Johnson
Theresa May, the Prime Minister, will today publish a White Paper formally setting out the Government’s plans for Brexit in response to the concerns of pro-European Tory MPs.

However, there were further signs of division among the Conservatives as George Osborne, the former chancellor, accused Mrs May of putting Brexit ahead of the economy and warned he will join the “fight” over Britain’s future outside the EU.

Wednesday’s vote means the Government’s Brexit legislation has cleared its first hurdle and Mrs May is on course to trigger the process by her March deadline. There had been 14 and a half hours of debate and bitter clashes in Parliament over two days as nearly 100 MPs expressed their views about Brexit.

MPs finally voted in favour of the European Union (Notification of Withdrawal) Bill by 498 votes to 114, with 47 Labour MPs, 50 SNP MPs and seven Liberal Democrats voting against.

It leaves Jeremy Corbyn, the Labour leader, facing his third reshuffle in 18 months after 12 serving frontbenchers voted against it. Four members of his front bench team have already quit.

Mr Johnson said: “I’ve just voted three times in the House of Commons for an absolutely momentous thing – to give our Prime Minister the right to trigger Article 50 and Britain to begin the path out of the EU. Don’t forget we may be leaving the EU treaties but we are not leaving Europe.

“We are going to be making an amazingly positive contribution to our continent as we always have done and always will. But we are now able to forge a new identity with new free trade deals as global Britain.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/01/theresa-may-eu-bill-brexit-pmqs-live2/

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

1) Things weren't so bad, tommy.

2) And whenever anyone, including me in the past, raises any arguments in favour of remaining, you choke on your waffles and spit exclamations marks like a keyboard with tourettes...

1) That is a matter of opinion... you don't even live in uk...

2) Problem is, you and your ilk never offer any positive reasons for remaining in the eu... you only offer spurious fear mongering hyperbole about how the sky is going to fall in if we leave and how it's so racist etc...!

Quite pathetic really when you think about it...!

Laughing

ilk?

How intolerant.

Are you claiming there is zero risk in leaving the EU?

How is that pathetic to be concerned of those risks?

Especially, when it concerns the lives of millions of Britain's?

The only thing pathetic is being irresponsible and naive over the possible consequences of leaving

Back to top Go down

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 Empty Re: Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50

Post by Eilzel Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

1) Things weren't so bad, tommy.

2) And whenever anyone, including me in the past, raises any arguments in favour of remaining, you choke on your waffles and spit exclamations marks like a keyboard with tourettes...

2) Problem is, you and your ilk never offer any positive reasons for remaining in the eu... you only offer spurious fear mongering hyperbole about how the sky is going to fall in if we leave and how it's so racist etc...!

Laughing

There were plenty of positive reasons to remain which were expressed by some of us. Your side only focused on negatives about everything. Which says everything about your whole attitude towards everything in life (at least as your portray yourself on here).

I don't worry about it too much though, my life is about more than political squabbling lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Care to cite exactly what I said that led you to that assessment, tommy?

No. Thought not. So shut up.

Part of it is how you never say anything much at all specific about the eu... but instead come out with exaggerated childish panic based hyperbole like this little gem highlighted from your earlier post...

Eilzel Today at 4:05 am

+
----
-

"I'm tired of it, Ben, but I also enjoy it too. Whilst I see the problems faced by our nations now, and cannot comprehend the thinking of those who want to risk everything when things aren't all that bad, I try not to take it all TOO seriously. There are other more important things in life of course."

lol!

butthurt at its finest Razz Razz

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 <a href=Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 Butthu10" />

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Sense?

I see an immaturity level of a 3 year old lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Laughing

There were plenty of positive reasons to remain which were expressed by some of us
. Your side only focused on negatives about everything. Which says everything about your whole attitude towards everything in life (at least as your portray yourself on here).

I don't worry about it too much though, my life is about more than political squabbling lol

Care to reiterate some of them for us...!?

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:41 pm

Thorin wrote:Sense?

What about the pictures you post all the time - its just a laugh where's your sense of humour Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:

What about the pictures you post all the time - its just a laugh where's your sense of humour Razz Razz

The pictures?

They are very apt, when people are acting just like you are doing, very stupidly

Look, if you are happy about leaving that is great, but this is a debate forum, not a punch and judy show

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:49 pm

Haven't you learned yet vod...?

It's one rule for them and another for everyone else... 'do as I say, not as I do'...!

When Didge is posting up his pictures it's OK... when somebody else does it then he complains it's childish...!

Hypocrisy anyone...!?

If the lefties didn't have double standards then they wouldn't have any standards at all...!!!

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:51 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

It's one rule for them and another for everyone else... 'do as I say, not as I do'...!

When Didge is posting up his pictures it's OK... when somebody else does it then he complains it's childish...!

Hypocrisy anyone...!?

If the lefties didn't have double standards then they wouldn't have any standards at all...!!!

Laughing

Actually I have been debating, and both you and dibs have been performing such an excellent display of maturity, I ma giving you a star each so you can take home to your parents

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Anyway... back to debate...

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Laughing

There were plenty of positive reasons to remain which were expressed by some of us
. Your side only focused on negatives about everything. Which says everything about your whole attitude towards everything in life (at least as your portray yourself on here).

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:55 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Parts of it is how you never say anything much at all specific about the eu... but instead come out with exaggerated childish panic based hyperbole like this little gem highlighted from your earlier post...

Eilzel Today at 4:05 am

+
----
-

"I'm tired of it, Ben, but I also enjoy it too. Whilst I see the problems faced by our nations now, and cannot comprehend the thinking of those who want to risk everything when things aren't all that bad, I try not to take it all TOO seriously. There are other more important things in life of course."

lol!

Eilzel is factually correct.
It is indeed a risk, a high risk of going into the unknown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:59 pm

No dodge... this was the latest in debate before you started trying to derail the thread...

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Laughing

lol!

We are waiting for les to restate some of these great reasons for staying in the eu that he says he gave us before ...?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:00 pm

He already has and I have also which you are avoiding

Eilzel is factually correct.
It is indeed a risk, a high risk of going into the unknown.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:08 pm

We are waiting for les to restate some of these great reasons for staying in the eu that he says he gave us before ...?

Thorin wrote:He already has and I have also which you are avoiding.

Where...!?

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Last year, the year before. Over and over. I don't bark at your command tommy. I know where my responses will lead, and I can't be arsed boring myself with your predictable responses.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Hypocrisy anyone...!?

Laughing

Actually I have been debating, and both you and dibs have been performing such an excellent display of maturity, I ma giving you a star each so you can take home to your parents

Razz

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 3489511464 Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 3489511464 Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 3489511464 You think our  posts are immature lol when there is a thread especially for Donal d Trum p on here taking the piss . Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 3489511464 Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 3489511464 Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 3489511464 Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 3489511464 Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 3489511464 Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 3489511464 Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 3489511464 Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Eilzel wrote:Last year, the year before. Over and over. I don't bark at your command tommy. I know where my responses will lead, and I can't be arsed boring myself with your predictable responses.

Why not just point out a few then...?

If they exist and are good reasons... then what have you got to lose...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:44 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Who is dodge

All I see is this when I press play

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 Farage

Razz

A childish cry baby labour mep, denying the truth and behaving like a complete twat!!!

Maybe you can tell us which parts of what Farage was saying were lies...!?

Laughing

When I held up a sign behind Nigel Farage on Wednesday it, to my shock, went viral. Less shocking was the torrent of abuse and hate that followed online. A lot of the accounts that targeted me called me childish - sure, it wasn’t the most sophisticated act I’ve undertaken in politics. Some accused me of bullying the former-Ukip leader - undermining their argument somewhat by going on to call me a whole host of horrible names. A small number threatened my life.

Quite a few, more understandably, asked me what Nigel Farage had done to deserve having a crudely, off the cuff note held up behind his head. For those people, here’s a handy list of just five fibs Nigel Farage told that day and over the past decade. Small disclaimer, this list could have been much, much longer.

1. The lies in Farage’s speech this week

Not one lie, but several. He said that Barack Obama had enacted extreme vetting on immigration during his presidency. He didn’t. Obama did review the vetting procedures applied to citizens of a single country (Iraq) and then only to refugees and applicants for Special Immigrant Visas, unlike Trump who has ordered a ban on people from seven countries with a population of more than 130million, including tourists and business travellers.

Farage also said Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain refused to take a single refugee or displaced person from Syria, when in fact there are actually 2-3million Syrians in the Gulf countries, many of whom arrived when the war began and are no therefore included in UNHCR statistics. The Saudi government has, since the conflict began in 2011, hosted 2.5million refugees and has given permanent residency to hundreds of thousands of Syrians.

2. Immigrants

When people try to have a sensible, grown up debate about immigration and acknowledge that immigration has been massively important in contributing not just to our society but to the health of our economy and public services - they are dismissed as ‘metropolitan elites’, that they don’t understand. It’s a dangerous lie when you start constructing so-called solutions to the problems we face day in day on lies, you end up building an entire machinery of deceit. Nigel Farage has been front and centre of these efforts and should be held to account.

3. The EU is unelected

In his speech, Farage accused the European Commission of being the sole arbiter of legislation in the European Union. He’s got form on this, a lot of it. In reality the Commission takes it priorities from elected member state governments (the Council) and performs a role more akin to the British civil service. The third institution, the European Parliament, is made up of directly elected MEPs. Farage should know this by now, he’s been one for over 10 years.

4. The majority of our laws are made by the EU

Farage and his ilk have been getting away with this one for too long. He claims that 70% of the laws in the UK are made by the EU. The real number is difficult to quantify, but the independent House of Commons library put it at just 13.2%.

5. The EU costs Britain £55million a day

Every time I hear this I’m immediately transported back to the referendum campaign and it makes me want to put my head through a wall. Let’s be clear, the EU does not cost £55million every day. This is double the real number and does not account for the benefits we get back. And before you ask, no, £350million extra a week will not be given to the NHS when we leave. Nigel Farage and every other leading figure who backed leave distanced themselves the morning after the vote.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/seb-dance/nigel-farage-seb-dance_b_14591852.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:34 pm

Huff and puff waffle...

If you want lies and spin then listen to the huff and puff...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:12 pm

Exactly why I don't bother replying to you tommy.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:25 pm

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 1177314732

Notice the deflections and misdirections from the far right/alt.right spruikers on here...

They all have form..

Tommy is clearly losing the argument on here --  so tries to accuse Thorin/Eilzel/the lefty media with his usual "huff puff waffle" nonsense.

In exactly the same way that the majorettes have been falsely labelling me, veya and/or Quill as "liars" over recent weeks and months..

That whole horrid little gang has obvious form with such puerile behaviours...          Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 3350646086
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:02 pm

Huff and puff (1)...

This is an article from Washington post in Sept 2015 citing amnesty international and others figures...

As Amnesty International recently pointed out, the "six Gulf countries — Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain — have offered zero resettlement places to Syrian refugees." This claim was echoed by Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch, on Twitter:

Guess how many of these Syrian refugees Saudi Arabia & other Gulf states offered to take? 0 http://t.co/iY0ct3kXBW pic.twitter.com/JI3WTQhlxo

— Kenneth Roth (@KenRoth) September 2, 2015

The way that Saudi Arabia and other Gulf states aid Syrian refugees: pic.twitter.com/2i9gcGiRxe

— Kenneth Roth (@KenRoth) September 2, 2015

Or see this map tweeted by Luay Al Khatteeb, a nonresident fellow at the Brookings Institution, showing the numbers accommodated by Syria's overwhelmed neighbors in comparison to the oil-rich states further south:

#Syria: Number of #Syrian #refugees taken in by countries in the Middle East. pic.twitter.com/qWcktXwEkW

— Luay لؤي الخطيب (@AL_Khatteeb) September 4, 2015

That's a shocking figure, given these countries' relative proximity to Syria, as well as the incredible resources at their disposal. As Sultan Sooud al-Qassemi, a Dubai-based political commentator, observes, these countries include some of the Arab world's largest military budgets, its highest standards of living, as well as a lengthy history — especially in the case of the United Arab Emirates — of welcoming immigrants from other Arab nations and turning them into citizens.

Moreover, these countries aren't totally innocent bystanders. To varying degrees, elements within Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the U.A.E. and Kuwait have invested in the Syrian conflict, playing a conspicuous role in funding and arming a constellation of rebel and Islamist factions fighting the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

None of these countries are signatories of the United Nations' 1951 Refugee Convention, which defines what a refugee is and lays out their rights, as well as the obligations of states to safeguard them. For a Syrian to enter these countries, they would have to apply for a visa, which, in the current circumstances, is rarely granted. According to the BBC, the only Arab countries where a Syrian can travel without a visa are Algeria, Mauritania, Sudan and Yemen — hardly choice or practical destinations.

A spokesman for UNHCR, the U.N.'s refugee agency, told Bloomberg that there are roughly 500,000 Syrians living in Saudi Arabia, though they are not classified as refugees and it isn't clear when the majority of them arrived in the country.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Eilzel wrote:Exactly why I don't bother replying to you tommy.

Funny he wanted a list of the lies and he got them..

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:14 pm

Thorin wrote:
Eilzel wrote:Exactly why I don't bother replying to you tommy.

Funny he wanted a list of the lies and he got them..

Dodge... you gave me a list of huff and puff lies and spin...!!!

If you look at my last post... you will see huff and puff part 1 exposed!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Huff and puff (1)...

This is an article from Washington post in Sept 2015 citing amnesty international and others figures...

As Amnesty International recently pointed out, the "six Gulf countries — Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain — have offered zero resettlement places to Syrian refugees." This claim was echoed by Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch, on Twitter:

Guess how many of these Syrian refugees Saudi Arabia & other Gulf states offered to take? 0 http://t.co/iY0ct3kXBW pic.twitter.com/JI3WTQhlxo

The myth: Wealthy Persian Gulf countries refuse to take a single Syrian refugee
This is one of the most common myths about the Syrian refugee crisis. Six of the wealthiest Muslim countries, the members of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates), have been condemned  for „keeping their doors to refugees firmly shut”.

While US and European Union have been blamed for not doing more, „the wealthiest countries on the Arabian Peninsula, have taken no Syrian refugees in at all”. The legend is repeated all over from social media to the mainstream western media, from activists to politicians.

The myth seems to be based on two sources. When saying that „the Arab world’s wealthiest nations are doing next to nothing for Syria’s refugees” western media usually refer to two organisations, Amnesty International and the Brookings Institution.

Indeed, Amnesty International (AI) noted that „the six Gulf countries – Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Bahrain – have offered zero resettlement places to Syrian refugees”. The note was part of a short article, published by AI in December 2014, „Facts & Figures: Syria refugee crisis & international resettlement”. The article is based on no data, and although it talks about „six Gulf countries” it enumerates only five.  (https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2014/12/facts-figures-syria-refugee-crisis-international-resettlement/)

In September 2015, AI republished the information. About the same time, a former non-resident fellow in the Brookings Institution became very active on social media, constantly feeding graphics claiming that the Gulf countries have apparently taken zero Syrian refugees.

Truth #1: There are millions of Syrians in Gulf countries, but they are not called “refugees”
Obviously, it is ludicrous to assert that while there are 25 Syrian refugees in Kazakhstan and 30 in Mexico, there are none, not a single one, in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. But, as foolish as it seems, the myth was perpetuated by CNN, BBC or Washington Post.
And for that there is a logical explanation. Western media miscount the Syrian refugees because the primary data source, The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, does not count the refugees within the Gulf States. These states are not signatories to the Refugee Convention, their refugee relocations are not handled by the UNHCR.

There are 2 million to 3 million Syrians in the Gulf countries, many of whom arrived since the war began, but they are not considered refugees and they are not part of the UNHCR statistics. They are classified as “Arab brothers and sisters in distress” instead of refugees covered by UN treaties. Even though, according to UNHCR officials, only in Saudi Arabia, there were 500,000 Syrian refugees in September 2015.

The government of Saudi Arabia has stated that, since the Syrian conflict began in 2011, it has hosted 2.5 million refugees and has given permanent residency to hundreds of thousands of Syrians. According to Saudi officials, the kingdom „was keen to not deal with them as refugees, or to put them in refugee camps, to preserve their dignity and safety, and gave them complete freedom of movement.” Saudi Arabia also says it has given Syrians access to work, free medical care and education. Over 100,000 Syrian students were being educated in Saudi schools.

The United Arab Emirates also defended its response to the Syrian refugees crisis. According to a statement issued by the UAE government in September 2015, „the UAE has made it one of its foreign policy priorities to address this issue in a sustainable and humane fashion together with its regional and international partners”. The UAE government said it has provided residency permits to more than 100,000 Syrians who have entered the country since 2011, and that more than 242,000 Syrian nationals currently live in the country.

Truth #2: Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Qatar have already donated more than $2.3 billion
The myth of the rich Muslim countries that have taken zero Syrian refugees is often paired with the idea that, although the Gulf state donated some money, the amount is small compared to the aid money handed over by western countries.

This is also a false claim. Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Qatar are in the Top 10 countries giving aid to Syrian refugees. The four Gulf states have already given more than $2.3 billion – more than Germany, Canada, Japan, Australia, France and Italy combined.

The Gulf countries have donated to support the U.N. refugee agency’s efforts in countries neighbouring Syria. The UAE has funded refugee camps in Jordan and Iraq giving shelter to tens of thousands of Syrians, while Saudi Arabia and Qatar have donated funds, food, shelter and clothing to Syrians in Lebanon, Turkey and Jordan.

The United Arab Emirates has provided more than 1.98 billion dirham ($540 million) in humanitarian aid and development assistance since 2012 in response to the Syrian crisis. UAE had established a refugee camp in Jordan and one in northern Iraq, according to UAE government officials. The UAE-funded camp in Jordan, known as Mrajeeb Al Fhood, houses more than 4,000 refugees. UAE government believes that it is in the best long-term interest of the refugees to be close to their homes so it will be easier for them to return when the conflict ends.

In September 2015, the Saudi Press Agency announced that Saudi Arabia has provided around $700 million to aid agencies in Syria and has set up clinics at refugee camps.

http://www.opensourceinvestigations.com/syria/gulf-states-response-to-syrian-refugee-crisis-a-myth-debunked/

Lebanon, Jordan etc need to take a leaf out of these nations books when it comes to refugees.
They make them citizens, and not use refugees as pawns simply to be in opposition to the state of Israel existing.

Its appallingly and absurd how for decades many Palestinian refugees have been denied citizenship in these nations and even worse in the West Bank itself, which is bonkers. As that is meant to be the future state of Palestine. Let alone these are the only refugees in the world. To have their descendants classified as refugees. Which by such a methodology, would thus then classify all Jews in diaspora as refugees. It has to work both ways.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Moreover, these countries aren't totally innocent bystanders. To varying degrees, elements within Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the U.A.E. and Kuwait have invested in the Syrian conflict, playing a conspicuous role in funding and arming a constellation of rebel and Islamist factions fighting the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

None of these countries are signatories of the United Nations' 1951 Refugee Convention, which defines what a refugee is and lays out their rights, as well as the obligations of states to safeguard them. For a Syrian to enter these countries, they would have to apply for a visa, which, in the current circumstances, is rarely granted. According to the BBC, the only Arab countries where a Syrian can travel without a visa are Algeria, Mauritania, Sudan and Yemen — hardly choice or practical destinations.

A spokesman for UNHCR, the U.N.'s refugee agency, told Bloomberg that there are roughly 500,000 Syrians living in Saudi Arabia, though they are not classified as refugees and it isn't clear when the majority of them arrived in the country.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:34 pm

No longer refuges, as they are now citizens in the Gulf states.

No good just spamming again Tommy

So still 5 lies, as they have accepted Syrian refuge

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:42 pm

https://youtu.be/v4gBZ3MYLUc

Here's Farage's speech again...

Huff and puff lie number (2) exposed...

Farage didn't once say 'metropolitan elite', and didnt talk generally about immigration!!!

The sad thing about the huff and puff part 2 waffle, is that they start off well there talking about how you can't have a grown up debate about immigration with some... but it is the lefties/progressives who refuse to do it as you cant have any type of grown up debate with them without them calling you 'racist' etc... remember Gordon Brown calling that concerned citizen 'a bigoted woman'...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:44 pm

He talked about immigration

Still 5 lies

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:45 pm

Thorin wrote:No longer refuges, as they are now citizens in the Gulf states.

None went there as refugees.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:No longer refuges, as they are now citizens in the Gulf states.

Yes they did.

5 lies

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:49 pm

Thorin wrote:He talked about immigration

Still 5 lies

Farage was specific in saying how trump was trying to protect America against Islamist terrorists while the eu just let them in...

That was all.

Nothing at all like the huff and puff claim in their part 2 waffle.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:50 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:He talked about immigration

Still 5 lies

Farage was specific in saying how trump was trying to protect America against Islamist terrorists while the eu just let them in...

That was all.

Nothing at all like the huff and puff claim in their part 2 waffle.

No its spot on about Farage lying

There are even videos showing him lying

All politicians lie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:51 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Yes they did.

5 lies

Show us official figures for those taken in from refugee camps...!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Yes they did.

5 lies

Show us official figures for those taken in from refugee camps...!?

I gave you the figures

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:56 pm

None from refugee camps... huff and puff lies part 1.

Farage didn't say 'metropolitan elite'... and didn't talk generally about immigration... as claimed in huff and puff lies part 2.

Now... shall we move on to part 3...!?

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:00 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:None from refugee camps... huff and puff lies part 1.

Farage didn't say 'metropolitan elite'... and didn't talk generally about immigration... as claimed in huff and puff lies part 2.

Now... shall we move on to part 3...!?

lol!
Refugees have gone to the gulf states Tommy and again 5 lies#

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anhvinh-doanvo/europes-crisis-refugees_b_8175924.html

I see Tommy is now hoisting his white flag of surrender

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:20 pm

Huff and puff lies and spin waffle part 3...

. The EU is unelected

In his speech, Farage accused the European Commission of being the sole arbiter of legislation in the European Union. He’s got form on this, a lot of it. In reality the Commission takes it priorities from elected member state governments (the Council) and performs a role more akin to the British civil service. The third institution, the European Parliament, is made up of directly elected MEPs. Farage should know this by now, he’s been one for over 10 years.

Let's have a look at this huff and puff claim again...

"...Farage accused the European Commission of being the sole arbiter of legislation in the European Union..."

The problem here for the huff and puff is that this was not what Farage said... as they know very well...!!!

He said...

"...Farage accused the European Commission of being the sole arbiter of proposing legislation in the European Union..."

Which is completely true... and farage has been an MEP for 18 years... so knows exactly what he's talking about!!!

Huff and puff lies and spin part 3 waffle exposed!!!

lol!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:27 pm

lol where is that claim from Tommy?

Ukip's website?

Still he lied that the EU is unelected, it is elected through MEP's

Even funnier is the claim to sole arbiter

Votes are only the tip of the iceberg
First, EU laws pass through several stages of negotiations in the Council and the European Parliament.
So the UK government’s ability to influence policies doesn’t only occur through voting—which is a ‘Yes’ or a ‘No’ situation—but also in negotiations over the actual text of a draft law.
Many accounts have shown that the UK diplomatic service has—at least historically—been very skilled in such negotiations over important laws.
Second, the records only relate to votes on proposed laws that eventually pass.
So we simply do not know how often the UK successfully opposed proposals, or failed to get things it wanted, as these are not mentioned in the official figures.
https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts-behind-claims-uk-influence/

Poor tommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:35 pm

Thorin wrote:

(1)

Ukip's website?

(2)

(3)

(4)
Poor tommy

(1) The false claim is from the huff and puff article you posted... and has been exposed!!!

(2) He didn't say that in his speech so you are lying in claiming that he did say that!!!

(3) Read my above post where it is explained what he said, what is falsely claimed by huff and puff... and it is still true that only the unelected commission are the sole arbiters of proposing legislation in the eu...!!!

(4) Poor dodgy Didge... he knows not what he says...!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:38 pm

Now... shall we move onto huff and puff lies and spin part 4 waffle...!!!???

lol!

Farage and his ilk have been getting away with this one for too long. He claims that 70% of the laws in the UK are made by the EU. The real number is difficult to quantify, but the independent House of Commons library put it at just 13.2%.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Thorin wrote:

(1)

Ukip's website?

(2)

(3)

(4)
Poor tommy

(1) The false claim is from the huff and puff article you posted... and has been exposed!!!

(2) He didn't say that in his speech so you are lying in claiming that he did say that!!!

(3) Read my above post where it is explained what he said, what is falsely claimed by huff and puff... and it is still true that only the unelected commission are the sole arbiters of proposing legislation in the eu...!!!

(4) Poor dodgy Didge... he knows not what he says...!!!

1) Really? Because you said so? I think not

2) Yes he did

3) I did read your posts, it was bullshit and as seen again he lied, as I proved he did

4) Poor tommy indeed

Now all can see that you are a sheep, baaaa

So four counters by you easily rubbished by

I shall now leave you to sulk

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-law-what-proportion-influenced-eu/

Oh dear.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:47 pm

Also, even funnier:

No, some laws are influenced, not made by EU legislation, which is voted for after a long process of negotiations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:15 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

Outright huff and puff lies!!!

Farage never said anything about any of this in his speech that the huff and puff are reporting about!!!

Here is the link to said speech again...

Huff and puff lies and spin part 4 waffle exposed!!!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:56 pm

Now... shall we move on to the huff and puff lies and spin part 5 waffle...!!!???

5. The EU costs Britain £55million a day

Every time I hear this I’m immediately transported back to the referendum campaign and it makes me want to put my head through a wall. Let’s be clear, the EU does not cost £55million every day. This is double the real number and does not account for the benefits we get back. And before you ask, no, £350million extra a week will not be given to the NHS when we leave. Nigel Farage and every other leading figure who backed leave distanced themselves the morning after the vote.

Absolutely none of any of this was any part of the Farage EU speech that the huff and puff are claiming to be reporting about!!!

HUFF AND PUFF LIES AND SPIN WAFFLE COMPLETELY AND CONCLUSIVELY EXPOSED!!!

And some of you here wonder why I normally just dismiss everything from the huff and puff as lies and spin waffle...!!!???

lol!

And to those who normally believe the huff and puff waffle without question... don't be angry with me for exposing their lies and spin... be angry with them for leading you astray with their lies and spin, and for making you look like a gullible fool...!!!

Laughing
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:02 pm

Thorin wrote:Also, even funnier:

No, some laws are influenced, not made by EU legislation, which is voted for after a long process of negotiations.
Still 5 lies that Farage has stated countless times

Still think this is the funniest lie to date

UK Laws made by the EU

One moment

Brexit vote - Parliament votes overwhelmingly in favour of triggering article 50 - Page 3 5bf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Thorin wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

A childish cry baby labour mep, denying the truth and behaving like a complete twat!!!

Maybe you can tell us which parts of what Farage was saying were lies...!?

Laughing

When I held up a sign behind Nigel Farage on Wednesday it, to my shock, went viral. Less shocking was the torrent of abuse and hate that followed online. A lot of the accounts that targeted me called me childish - sure, it wasn’t the most sophisticated act I’ve undertaken in politics. Some accused me of bullying the former-Ukip leader - undermining their argument somewhat by going on to call me a whole host of horrible names. A small number threatened my life.

Quite a few, more understandably, asked me what Nigel Farage had done to deserve having a crudely, off the cuff note held up behind his head. For those people, here’s a handy list of just five fibs Nigel Farage told that day and over the past decade. Small disclaimer, this list could have been much, much longer.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/seb-dance/nigel-farage-seb-dance_b_14591852.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Why I so enjoy Tommy failing to even read a simple sentence and think that the five points were only stated on that day

Clearly some were as seen

Tommy, this is a lesson to you, to actually read replies

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:10 pm

I asked you to tell us which parts of this speech by Farage were lies...!!!???

You posted up that huff and puff article that claimed to list all the things Farage was saying in that speech that were lies... and I have exposed every part of your huff and puff article as being complete bollocks!!!

Poor dodge...!

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:11 pm

Thorin wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Why I so enjoy Tommy failing to even read a simple sentence and think that the five points were only stated on that day

Clearly some were as seen

Tommy, this is a lesson to you, to actually read replies

Laughing

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next